Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) (47670 Views)

SWAT Kills Igwe Emmanuel Mba, Enugu Monarch / Igwe Stephen Nwatu : How He Was Killed In Enugu State – Pictures / Igwe Reportedly Beaten To Death By Subjects(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Lifestone(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2018
This is pure Homicide issue.
This has got nothing to do with Igbo having Kings or Slaves. This is a pure murder case and the perpetrators should be arrested and tried immediately.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Are you sure?
I seriously doubt the paternity of those guys!
They could be igbo settlers! angry

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Sapeleboy911(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2018
How I wish we can beat our politicians like this. They deserve thorough beating from us.
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by udensia: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Baroba(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Sharing out paltry some of 5 million to communities for the so called project is nothing short of disaster waiting to happen..I call it lazy governance, and lack of ideas..Ugwuanyi should have appointed capable individual with decent track records who would be held accountable, not dishing it out to corrupt traditional rulers..

I actually know the Nwatu's from Nkanu, the man made decent money during Nnamani's tenure, Shame he had to end this way.. Murder is never justified..
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by calyto: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2018
He was a great man.

Though a retired 419, he became one of the biggest boys in Alaba Market as an electronics dealer.

He later became a hotelier before he was called to serve the people of Akpugo as their Igwe.

He is the owner of INES SUITES ( 208 ROAD, FESTAC) and Ines suites Okoko, Lagos.

I remember when he picked interest in politics. Though his causin(Nnamani) was the governor of Enugu State then, he insisted that i introduce him to Sen Bert Nnaji who was then a local govt chairman and a car dealer.

RIP Double chief. We all have our flaws but you were indeed a great man
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2018
Only in Biafra

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2018
grin cool cool grin grin grin grin wink smiley wink wink
GavelSlam:

Are you sure?
cheesy
GavelSlam:

Are you sure?
That one nah typical slave.He even lick the terrorist kingpin urine

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=donigspain post=68437360]This is why I love my people. Igbo enweghi eze. We are egalitarians. This 'Igwe' must have wronged his people too much. I strongly doubt it's just about the 5 million.

We don't worship man to the extent of losing our senses. Once you "mis-yarn/do", the people will quickly realign you.

Same fate almost befell the Okpi of Item (pronounced EETEM) in Bende LGA of Abia state some years ago. He was also a retired police officer. He was alleged to have hired killers to assassinate one 'jand' returnee who wanted to build a university for the community. The man (returnee) was trailed and murdered by the criminals.

The youths of the nine villages that make up Item Community never slept until all the criminals were caught and killed after their confessions. The Okpi was apprehended, stripped and was about to be lynched before the Police came. He was subsequently banished from Item for life.

Why it seems we tolerate these thieving politicians (governors, senators, reps etc.) is because they have the backing of the government and strong link to the corrupt armed forces. If not, most of them would have been captured, stripped, dragged to the city centres and lynched.

Nonsense people. Anyways, jungle justice no good sha.

CC: Gboliwe[/quoote]

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by NigerianDiamond(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Are you sure?

I appreciate this picture response. Igbos do not want a civilized environment, majority of them are always against authorities. No one needs to bow to a mortal but respect those that leads in the society.

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by wink2015(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2018
The late traditional ruler believe in "CHOP ALONE" he never carried his subject along.
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by jrusky(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2018
This is very wrong and unacceptable
But killing and ruthlessness so easy in this country This is a horrible situation. Well let police do the needful ASAP.
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 10:55am On Jun 13, 2018
donigspain:
This is why I love my people. Igbo enweghi eze. We are egalitarians. This 'Igwe' must have wronged his people too much. I strongly doubt it's just about the 5 million.

We don't worship man to the extent of losing our senses. Once you "mis-yarn/do", the people will quickly realign you.

Same fate almost befell the Okpi of Item (pronounced EETEM) in Bende LGA of Abia state some years ago. He was also a retired police officer. He was alleged to have hired killers to assassinate one 'jand' returnee who wanted to build a university for the community. The man (returnee) was trailed and murdered by the criminals.

The youths of the nine villages that make up Item Community never slept until all the criminals were caught and killed after their confessions. The Okpi was apprehended, stripped and was about to be lynched before the Police came. He was subsequently banished from Item for life.

Why it seems we tolerate these thieving politicians (governors, senators, reps etc.) is because they have the backing of the government and strong link to the corrupt armed forces. If not, most of them would have been captured, stripped, dragged to the city centres and lynched.

Nonsense people. Anyways, jungle justice no good sha.

CC: Gboliwe

Yen yen yen! Chest beating as usual.

What say about

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2018
Bhelamblog:
Residents of Ogbovine Akpugo autonomous community in Nkanu West LGA of Enugu State were on Tuesday thrown into shock over the killing of the traditional ruler, Igwe Stephen Nwatu. Nwatu, a retired police officer, died in the early hours of Tuesday, after he was attacked on Monday night by some persons suspected to be his subjects.
Before his death, the traditional ruler was engaged in a running battle with some of his subjects.

The conflict between the traditional ruler and his subjects was said to have started two years ago, but escalated recently when the state government disbursed N5 million each to all the 450 autonomous communities in Enugu State.

Although the cheques for the state government’s ‘One Community, One Project’ scheme were handed over to traditional rulers, Igwe Nwatu was said to have been denied the cheque for his community, following the conflict between him and his subjects.

Nwatu reportedly walked out on the Chief of Staff to the governor, Mr. Festus Uzor and other state government officials in anger.
It was gathered that the state government invited the traditional ruler and his aggrieved subjects to a peace meeting on Monday night, but before the meeting could hold, a fight broke out in the community.

In the ensuing milieu, the traditional ruler was said to have been severely beaten up by his subjects.

He died in a hospital in the early hours of Tuesday as a result of injuries he sustained from the beating.

Gossip From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/traditional-ruler-stripped-nude-and.html

Cc; Lalasticlala
if he is or was a traditional ruler who had subjects. who is d dude on d throne?
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2018
This is Ibeberisim

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by samsam2019: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Beast of no nation

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2018
Sophisticated maroonic coneheads grin

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by Naruba: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2018
This is very bad. Nigerians are becoming some thing else all because of money. Especially the Igbo's.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by donbenie(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2018
Adeyinka123:
Yorubas will never do this to their King. This is an abomination and sacrilege of the highest order. An Igbo friend of mine said the only reason why Igbos are not united is MONEY. He said the leaders can easily be bought over. Also youths can disgrace Kings because of Money. I just confirmed his hypothesis. So unfortunate.
While not justifying what the subjects did,it's imperative you appreciate the fact that your idea of Kings and the influence they wield is very different from Igbos(Igbo knows NO King) and reading the story if you are at all discerning you should realise that there are much more to the story than the issue of #5M..
And NO the Igbos are not disunited as you termed it because of money,Igbos are REPUBLICANS in nature and adverse to being told what to do unlike their Yoruba or Hausa counterparts..

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by 02Kebreal(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2018
THE LAND OF THE RISING CRIME.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by SenorFax(m): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2018
EmmySparky:
which kind lie be this...he was beaten b his subjects but paraded infront of another igwe like a theif...oga tell us the true story and not this crap
Look well, na two different pictures, before and after. No dey confuse people

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by SenorFax(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=skales67 post=68438239][/quote]
Where is that well know IGBO kidnapper.....?? Dr Evans

1 Like

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by exenxe1(m): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2018
shocked

Ipob causing trouble nd killing everywhere
Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by SenorFax(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Are you sure?
This response is epic grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igwe Stephen Nwatu Killed In Enugu By His Subjects (Photos) by sweetlaw: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2018
what a painful and disgraceful way to die

may God save ur household from such incidents not to happen n.

pity, how people fights for things that will eventually perish without placing value on things that are above.

fighting for power without considering human lives

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Raped A 14-year-old Girl / Naval Officer Fights With Lagos Task Force Over BRT Lane (video) / Father Rapes & Impregnates Daughter In Delta. Procures Abortion For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.