Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? (2538 Views)

Can Arsenal Make The First Top 4 This Season? / 11 Matches To Go,WHO WILL WIN THE EPL? Can ARSENAL WIN IT? / Richard Eckersley Turned Down Manchester United Extension To Join Burnley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Akolawole(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2006
The die is cast.
Tommorow at Highbury, Arsenal will lock horns with United.
Who is going to win?

Personally, i think Manchester will beat them at Highbury.
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Greatpeter(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2006
The game will end up in stale mate.
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by nicetohave(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2006
arsenal vs man. utd
2 1

rolleyes cheesy cool
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by bagoma(f): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2006
hey kola which wan be your own sef for this mata? angry
how does this concern you? we're not talking about chelsea here o wink

anyway to answer your question.  hhmmmn! this one take style hard o
he that is down need fear no fall.
arsenal will gun down united. just wait and see. cool
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Akolawole(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2006
@Bagoma

I am sure you wont come to the forum tommorow
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by owo2390(m): 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2006
AM a die hard Man u fan.

So Man u will beat Arsenal
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by nicetohave(m): 12:05am On Jan 03, 2006
Akolawole:

@Bagoma

I am sure you wont come to the forum tommorow

at least someone wont come to the forum tomorrow, Bagoma or Kola and i have a feeling its going to be Kola cool
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Chxta(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2006
I think ManU might just edge it. This particular Arsenal class have given no indication whatsoever that they are up for a battle that will likely be physical. ManU on the other hand can...
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by alheri(f): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2006
Man U of cos, no two ways about it. If not am in trouble on the home front. cheesy
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by denthemen(m): 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2006
I ve always hated Man Utd for their pompous nature and im pretty happy that Chelsea are the top dogs. But can Man utd beat the Arse, i dount it. Both teams lack the quality but Arsenal have Thierry Henry, Man have a crap defence. 1-Nil to the Arse
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Akolawole(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2006
Larest from Highbury

Arsenal 0 vs M. United 0 (72 mins)
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by achall(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2006
man united will win easy last season we did the double over arsenal and beat them 4-2 on there own ground and beat them in the caling cup.we are unbeated in ten matches them in three matches.
man united will win 2-0

Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by cheekee(f): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2006
i can assure you that whenever manchester beats arsenal then it had to be just luck....arsenal are th real players and i'm sure they ain't giving in to manchester this time.....
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by FOD(m): 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2006
It ended goaless...
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by cheekee(f): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2006
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!but it's better that way rather than having to witness arsenal being beat by those.............. :-Xi'll save it!!!
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by nicetohave(m): 5:21am On Jan 05, 2006
Thank God, i don dey fear say arsene wenger go soon begin give lame excuses, anyway sha 1 point better pass 0 cool
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by kaylala(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2006
Happy new year to all you gooners... Wishing you lots of headaches this season and always.....

Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by nicetohave(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2006
Bagoma if i had been an Arsenal fan i wont take that lightly o, so you will just let kaylala rub mud on you just so? shocked what do you say to him? cool
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by kaylala(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2006
@ nicetohave --- aint no bif here tongue tongue
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by alheri(f): 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2006
beef dey oh! Me I beef arsenal baaaaad! They have nothing on Man U. Manu U rules!!!
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by kaylala(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2006
@alheri -- u mean u dig my post,ehnn ... cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by alheri(f): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2006
Kaylala, oh yes i do! grin wink
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Chxta(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2006
This came a little late, I've been on the road for the past 2 days...

A 0-0 extravaganza in a game that neither side really deserved to win but in which United probably had the better chances. Arsenal started with a 4-5-1 formation which I really, truly hate (I prefer 3-5-2) but I understand why Arsene Wenger used it. While a win would have been great for them, losing would have been a tragedy so it was safety first.

Arsenal's chances in the first half consisted of a Fabregas shot which went just wide when a clearing header fell to him on the edge of the box, a Thierry Henry free kick which also went just wide and a Robert Pires shot which looked like it was heading just inside the near post but van der Sar made a superb save. ManU's only real chance in the first half came when Lehmann saved a van Nistelrooy shot and Ronaldo blasted over the rebound when he really should have done better.

In the second half Henry and Gilberto had shots blocked in the area and Arsenal might have had a penalty when Fabregas seemed to be bundled over by Gary Neville. The replays I've seen are unconvincing and it did look like the ref's view was blocked by a United player. I've seen some of such given though, but to be fair to Mr. Poll, that call was one of those that are destined for the controversy parade...

For ManU's part they started to have some success getting behind Cygan, who was pretty solid for oncec nonetheless. Ronaldo found Giggs at the far post but his shot went out of the ground it was so wild, van Nistelrooy had a great chance when Kolo played him onside but he smashed it wide, Gary Neville got around the back from a Rooney ball and Arsenal fans can be thankful it was a full back and not a forward on the end of that ball and from a corner in the dying minutes Wes Brown's header was cleared off the line by Eboue.

Moment of the match? It has to be Lauren's tackle on Ronaldo which almost sent him into orbit. Classic!

All in all a decent point for both sides, not a bad performance by either and some things to build on...

For Arsenal, the defence has gone 4 games without conceding but in all honesty they didn't look like scoring unless it came from a free kick. I won't mention corners or free kicks where the ball is crossed because they look as clueless as ever when it comes to those. Reyes was a livewire and full of energy if little end product, Pires had his best game for some time, Gilberto actually got stuck in and Sol Campbell, his penchant for silly long passes aside, was better than in recent games.

For ManU, they struggled for long stretches to cope with the 5 man midfield that Arsenal had on parade, and that Keane size gap in the centre showed clearly. (Alan Smith is doing a good job there mind you, but he wasn't on the pitch that day. Implication: ManU have to find a central midfielder fast during this transfer window). I was actually impressed by the Ferdinand-Brown central defensive combo for once. Although as per usual, Rio failed to get dirty. What kind of defender is that?

The main reason that Arsenal never looked like scoring was the formation though. If you play 4-5-1 you need a big hideous cunt as your striker (exhibit a) and a midfield to provide him with the ball which he holds up and allows the wide players to get forward and cause problems. Thierry Henry is not that kind of forward. Didier Drogba - *spit* - is that kind of forward. As well as that there was nothing coming from the centre of midfield. Gilberto and Hleb like to pass the ball sideways and backwards, in fact anywhere but forwards and Fabregas looked like he was the only one with any creativity. It got so bad at one stage that Henry was dropping so far back into midfield to try and get the ball that when it broke to Pires he was the furthest man forward with no striker to pass it to. As I said above I understand why Arsene Wenger chose to play that formation but I hate watching teams play like that. It also means that if Arsenal persist with it then they're going to need one of two things. 1 - a big hideous striker (I hear John Hartson might be available) or 2 - another midfielder who can create. I really can't see either of those things happening. They had better learn how to play fast though, Madrid look like they're beefing up!

Someone asked me why I analyse Arsenal so much, whether I am a fan. My answer to that: No I am not an Arsenal fan. I have done serious analysis on 3 clubs in the EPL thus far this season, Arsenal, Ch€£$k¥, and ManU. Because they are the only 3 clubs really worth analysing from England at the moment, although to be honest, Liverpool and Spurs are coming into the picture.

Let me once again state that I am a bianconero, that is a Juventus fan. As for the 3 English clubs mentioned: if Arsenal win, fine, if they don't, fine. I am indifferent to them. If ManU win, fine, if they don't, better. I don't like them. If Ch€£$k¥, win, bad, if they don't, great. I hate the cunts!
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Akolawole(m): 3:43am On Jan 06, 2006
@Chxta
How you no go hate Chelsea.
You better come and join Russian revolution in Stamford bridge.
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Chxta(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2006
Do I look like asewo?
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by bagoma(f): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2006
this is coming a bit late cos i've been off for sometime.
chxta, ur analysis too long. e tire me to read. you de try sha. i cant deny that. wink

but KAYLALA,
you get luck say i my hand no catch you, wallahi.... but let me ask you this.
manU and arsenal who is the real loser?
i hear someone got kicked off in the FIRST ROUND of the champions league.
abeg na which team be that? tongue
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Akolawole(m): 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2006
@ Bagoma

I cant stop laughing, but United still look more formidable than your team anyway wink
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Chxta(m): 6:24am On Jan 07, 2006
bagoma:

this is coming a bit late because i've been off for sometime.
chxta, your analysis too long. e tire me to read. you de try sha. i can't deny that. wink

I can't just say: It was a good match! That is no analysis now is that?
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by kaylala(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2006
Arsenals seems to still be d real loser tongue
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by Chxta(m): 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2006
really?
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by kaylala(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2006
yeah,summin like dat
Re: Can Arsenal Gun Down Manchester United ? by cheekee(f): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2006
kaylala:

Arsenals seems to still be d real loser tongue
datss not true angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Song Beats Up Gerard Pique? *pics Inside* / UCL: Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Arsenal [2 - 1] On Wednesday 3rd November 2010 / Photos: Arsenal's Theo Walcott Enjoys A Pool Party In Las Vegas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.