Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post (38974 Views)

I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur / Jeffrey Apkovweta Ewohime Destroyed Cars At Nigerian High Commission London / 20-Year-Old UNILAG Student Dies At Nigerian Defence Academy, Family Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Snowkel(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2018
Let me book space down first, Now I see why we r all criminals
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Eluzomo47(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by obainojazz(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2018
shocked
G-boys are bad
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by davit: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2018
We just keep having bad reputation abroad as a country. Not too good at all!

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by lonlytroy(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2018
Make una leave tori for toto
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by myrrtle(m): 10:31am On Jun 13, 2018
jj
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Lovelypet28: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2018
All this noise about nigerian scammers everywhere, what happened to russians and the japanese,ours is still low level stealing.

6 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Oh Lord, please expose all the scammers and discourage other people from going into it....please! This scamming of a thing has really damaged the image of Nigeria...I can't count how many times I have had to proof Nigerians are not all the same.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by brightisodje(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2018
that is very fine clap for nija boys clap for d real hustlers clap for yahoo boys i want to say more grace to your hustleing dis bad leaders can not see us beg dem for food or so called coprate slave work grin

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2018
And when they come on IG they begin to call God and type yeye motivation, and some silly Nigerians would just be tapping into their "blessings" angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Lovelypet28: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2018
My dear God will bless you they are the real scammers

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by sotall(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Wilson Aisosa ....our B-side brother..

You representing ...
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by awoofawoo: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2018
National Joint Comference Scheme grin grin grin grin grin

No feed Name Checker Association cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by crafteck(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2018
DonPiiko:
Afonja can never change

Gloria okolie is afonja right

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by awoofawoo: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2018
Lovelypet28:
All this noise about nigerian scammers everywhere, what happened to russians and the japanese,ours is still low level stealing.

You dey mind those racist Oyinbo! Dem go dey protect their folks and be exposing only Black.

Big time multi-billion scams were committed by the white..........which are always given some funky high grammar sounding words!

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Crownwahley(m): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2018
okwabayi:
Each sentence is a full paragraph. Why are Americans so intellectually lazy?

The story is old. There's nothing new here. It's only another old piece of information rehashed as new.

Is it not the same white people that deprive of from our freedoms by colonizing us and turning our mothers to sex slave while turning our fore father's to Horses which they ride up and down??

Only if this new generations knows what this foolish whites have done for us before we were all born then you will understand Nigeria as a whole would have been more better and advanced.

I know some MA.D people will quote me wrong without seeing nothing wrong with the slavery we once suffered from them

3 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by sotomayor: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Yahoo yahoo is bad o.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Jimmy231: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
When Noble Igwe made a clarion call here, many of you on this platform almost ate the brave man up. We don't know the impact of 419 on our global image, some of you here don't even have a clue. If you ever have the opportunity to travel out of Africa for work or study, you will wish that every Yahoo guy or girl be hanged; including every drug peddler. Some of us work hard for the money we get, some tarnish our work with their greed, it gat to stop!
who send you work. The country Don spoil already make we kuku spoil everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TheAngry1: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Jimmy231:
who send you work. The country Don spoil already make we kuku spoil everything

You are silly! That is why you may never amount to anything. Okponu. Your mates are making a living legitimately, you are busy masturbating in front of a laptop. Anuofia!

4 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by BiafraIShere(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2018
This is bad, realbad!!
So scam has,become Nigeria's,second highest forex earner cry cry
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by jaymichael(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2018
Crownwahley:

Is it not the same white people that deprive of from our freedoms by colonizing us and turning our mothers to sex slave while turning our fore father's to Horses which they ride up and down??

Only if this new generations knows what this foolish whites have done for us before we were all born then you will understand Nigeria as a whole would have been more better and advanced.

I know some MA.D people will quote me wrong without seeing nothing wrong with the slavery we once suffered from them
Ogbeni leave that slavery story. Who sold our people into slavery? is it not the same blacks that sold fellow blacks into slavery for gun, gin and mirrors? The whites preyed on the inherent greed and primordial selfishness of our ancestors. The greed and selfishness is still evident in our characters and nature although in other forms in which bad leadership and unpatriotic citizenry is are part of.

8 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Crownwahley(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Ogbeni leave that slavery story. Who sold our people into slavery? is it not the same blacks that sold fellow blacks into slavery for gun, gin and mirrors? The whites preyed on the inherent greed and primordial selfishness of our ancestors. The greed and selfishness is still evident in our characters and nature although in other forms in which bad leadership and unpatriotic citizenry is are part of.

Alaye the whites are worse than Blacks, the only difference between us is bad leaders.
Those bunch of racists!
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Jimmy231: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:

You are silly! That is why you may never amount to anything. Okponu. Your mates are making a living legitimately, you are busy masturbating in front of a laptop. Anuofia!
I swear to God almighty I fit employ all your family
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TheAngry1: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Jimmy231:
I swear to God almighty I fit employ all your family

With blood money and dirty bills you got from scamming innocent hard working people? May God punish you! Oloshi!

3 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by frugal(m): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2018
madridguy:
It is so unfortunate the FBI are just babbling. To stop Nigeria scams, you must first block avenue at which they're getting tools to perpetrate their job.

What are those tools?

From the report, it clearly says:
Internet
Domain names (spoofing*)
Business emails (spoofing*)
Malware*
VPN/proxy servers
Wire transfer instructions

How can you stop these without affecting those who use them for legitimate businesses?

We need to invest in technology. If the Nigerian government was doing half of what the US is doing, fraud rate wouldn't be this high.

The IT industry in Nigeria is threatened by this dangerous narrative, and rather than feel indifferent like it doesn't affect us or sit and wait for the Government, we need to come together to fight this.

* to denote illegal.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by degamemaster(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
When Noble Igwe made a clarion call here, many of you on this platform almost ate the brave man up. We don't know the impact of 419 on our global image, some of you here don't even have a clue. If you ever have the opportunity to travel out of Africa for work or study, you will wish that every Yahoo guy or girl be hanged; including every drug peddler. Some of us work hard for the money we get, while some nitwits tarnish our work with their greed, it gat to stop!

I live with one in my apartment and I've tried talking sense into him but rather he always sees me as a MUGU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
When Noble Igwe made a clarion call here, many of you on this platform almost ate the brave man up. We don't know the impact of 419 on our global image, some of you here don't even have a clue. If you ever have the opportunity to travel out of Africa for work or study, you will wish that every Yahoo guy or girl be hanged; including every drug peddler. Some of us work hard for the money we get, while some nitwits tarnish our work with their greed, it gat to stop!

Most Nigerians don't travel so it does not apply. The root causes of fraud are bad governance and poverty. Hungry people dont care about reputation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TheAngry1: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2018
degamemaster:

I live with one in my apartment and I've tried talking sense into him but rather he always sees me as a MUGU.

No wealth built on falsehood would stand. You cannot live a 'happy life' built on people's sweat, tears and blood. The curse will be on him/her, up to the 3rd and 4th generation. No be curse, na law of life.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Xisnin(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2018
iceberryose:
They call it Nigerian Fraud?
That's laughable.
Nigerians make just a thin percentage of people that are feeding fat on scam.
Majority of scammers are Americans themselves. Just log on to any sales site and see how Americans sell fake and non existent goods.
I'm not saying this isn't an ill to our national identity but I think the US should also blame their citizens not always Nigerians.
I know there are scammers in every country but how do you know those selling fake goods are Americans when anybody from any country can claim to be from the US?
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TheAngry1: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Most Nigerians don't travel so it does not apply. The root causes of fraud are bad governance and poverty. Hungry people dont care about reputation.

The real cause(s) of fraud is greed and a lack of self-worth, not bad governance. Our parents thrive during 'bad governance' and didn't steal or scam. We lived in a one room face me I face you with 7 children, but we were happy and we all turned out right. Don't blame the government for people's lack of integrity.

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:12am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:

The real cause(s) of fraud is greed and a lack of self-worth, not bad governance. Our parents thrive during 'bad governance' and didn't steal or scam. We lived in a one room face me I face you with 7 children, but we were happy and we all turned out right. Don't blame the government for people's lack of integrity.

My grandfather with his school leaving certificate was more educated and self sufficient than many graduates today. He had a job all his working life. Now masters and some phd applicants lack jobs.
Nigerians do not lack integrity, they lack opportunity.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oluwadarasimi Omoseyin Jailed For 6 Months For Spraying, Stepping On Naira Notes / Man Stripped And Tied To A Pole In Warri For Stealing A Plasma TV / Pubic Hairs Of Khadijat Oluboyo Were Shaved, Before Murder - Pathologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.