Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday (40221 Views)

Sihle Sibisi's Daughter Dies! Tshepang khanyisile Seleke Is Dead / Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
oluwaleokey:
First to comment Dedicate this to myself
for ur dirty dream abi
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by rolla10(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
RIP
Only God knows
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by collinsbaba1: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
oluwaleokey:
First to comment
Dedicate this to myself
for ur small mind wink
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sadthe fa5her/daughter?
daughter
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by GlobalGisting(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
oluwaleokey:
First to comment
Dedicate this to myself
This type of night mare leads to madness
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by openmine(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

May her soul rest in peace. Some have nose hut they cannot smell. Our cooking gas has odour is just that people are just careless with what they need to be careful with. Each time I enter my kitchen, the first thing I do is to see if I can perceive any gas odour no matter how small. Thereafter I will open up the Windows for ventilation. Sometime I use foam with soap to test the cap or regulator to ensure no leakage before I can even think of switching it on. Finally at every moment I need to refill my gas, I ensure they change the rubber seal to bran new. Another thing I notice is that people buy expired gas cylinder .trust Nigerians they will repaint it and sell to you without thinking about the danger.
True!
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by blaqroy: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
Gas is dangerous, I prefer electric cooker,chaii
RIP to her and my sympathy goes to the parent
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by CertifiedA: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
cry
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Phyde: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
And I just bought 2 burner table gas stove but yet to get cylinder and hose. Afraid is seriously catching me now cry
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by VampireeM(f): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
I can't believe this!. She was so young back then. Her sister Melody was in the same apartment with me and their mum was a teacher in our sch back then at FGGC Owerri. Omg! RIP young lady. So painful. May God grant them the fortitude to bear this loss cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Mac2016(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
sad
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Pentools(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

May her soul rest in peace. Some have nose hut they cannot smell. Our cooking gas has odour is just that people are just careless with what they need to be careful with. Each time I enter my kitchen, the first thing I do is to see if I can perceive any gas odour no matter how small. Thereafter I will open up the Windows for ventilation. Sometime I use foam with soap to test the cap or regulator to ensure no leakage before I can even think of switching it on. Finally at every moment I need to refill my gas, I ensure they change the rubber seal to bran new. Another thing I notice is that people buy expired gas cylinder .trust Nigerians they will repaint it and sell to you without thinking about the danger.

God bless you for that piece jare!
People kept saying just RIP without enlightening others against future occurrences, cylindrical gasses are more prone such cases, mine shocked me one day with leakages n nearly fire outburst thank God for observations. I discarded it n went for stand along gas, I believe those ones are nearly risk free, but how do u go about using foam to check leakages and how do you think expired cylinders can be spotted??

RIP to her tho!
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Phyde: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
bedspread:
I had similar issues with my gas while preparing my Stew 2days ago..

Grateful to Be Alive..

May GOD Comfort the Family..... Hopefully she Died in Christ...
Is it the camp gas with burner at the top or the other with cylinder far from the burner?
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by MikeBetty(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
PanickMode:
Lately Owerri has been generating series of bad news embarassed
Who nose what Okoroawusa has done in the dark.
Rip to the dead!
must You Bring Your Stupidity To Nairaland? Wetin Concern Okorocha With Carelessness In Some Homes? Maybe She Switch~On The Gas For Some Minutes Before Stricking The Match. Or The Hose Of The Gas Might Be Leaking Inside The House. I Am Using This Opportunity To Let The General Public To Know That You Dont Manage Gas. If You Perceive Gas Inside Your House, Dont Strick The Match. If Your Hose Leaks, Replace It. If Your Cylinder Is Leaking Or Very Old, Replace It. With These, You Are Secured.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Phyde: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

People kept saying just RIP without enlightening others against future occurrences, cylindrical gasses are more prone such cases, mine shocked me one day with leakages n nearly fire outburst thank God for observations. I discarded it n went for stand along gas, I believe those ones are nearly risk free, but how do u go about using foam to check leakages and how do you think expired cylinders can be spotted??

RIP to her tho!
Please what's the difference between the Cylindrical and Stand along gas?
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by gwama: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
In Africa, gas cylinders lack tightness, when you enter your kitchen, it is always necessary to open the windows and doors of the kitchen to air, before igniting the fire. RIP
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by bizzibodi(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
This is pathetic,I need to change my gas cylinder it is 5yrs old now.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by obinna58(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
PEOPLE should understand that religious and nonreligious lives has equal opportunities

God does not save

1 Like

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Pentools(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Phyde:

Please what's the difference between the Cylindrical and Stand along gas?

Not an expert on that though but I refer to the cylindrical as those ones that come with burner, tube n stuff probably has the other part outside, but the stand alone are those ones u just light on from under n put whatever untop. It's actually hand-carry or carry about.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by greggng: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

RIP to her tho!

Expired Cylinders are not safe for use and may cause accidents. In this regard, please be cautious at the time of accepting any LPG cylinder from the vendor.
Here is how we can check the expiry of LPG cylinders:
On one of three side stems of the cylinder, the expiry date is coded alpha numerically as follows A or B or C or D and some two digit number following this e.g. D06.
The alphabets stand for quarters -
1. A for March (First Qtr),
2. B for June (Second Qtr),
3. C for Sept (Third Qtr),
4. D for December (Fourth Qtr).
The digits stand for the year till it is valid. Hence D06 would mean December qtr of 2006.
Please Return Back the Cylinder that you get with a Expiry Date, they are prone to Leak and other Hazardous accidents...
The second example with D13 allows the cylinder
to be in use Up to Dec 2013.

On the foam issue, I just dip the foam into a soap like water and remove the regulator from the cylinder. You will be using that foam to touch the head of the cylinder and if is leaking you will be seeing bubbles . To be on the safe side, always demand for a bran new rubber seal anytime you refill gas. Some vendors will be telling you is still okay , just ignore them and request for new one. Is free they 've it plenty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by greggng: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

RIP to her tho!

Check this pic

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Pentools(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

Expired Cylinders are not safe for use and may cause accidents. In this regard, please be cautious at the time of accepting any LPG cylinder from the vendor.
Here is how we can check the expiry of LPG cylinders:
On one of three side stems of the cylinder, the expiry date is coded alpha numerically as follows A or B or C or D and some two digit number following this e.g. D06.
The alphabets stand for quarters -
1. A for March (First Qtr),
2. B for June (Second Qtr),
3. C for Sept (Third Qtr),
4. D for December (Fourth Qtr).
The digits stand for the year till it is valid. Hence D06 would mean December qtr of 2006.
Please Return Back the Cylinder that you get with a Expiry Date, they are prone to Leak and other Hazardous accidents...
The second example with D13 allows the cylinder
to be in use Up to Dec 2013.

On the foam issue, I just dip the foam into a soap like water and remove the regulator from the cylinder. You will be using that foam to touch the head of the cylinder and if is leaking you will be seeing bubbles . To be on the safe side, always demand for a bran new rubber seal anytime you refill gas. Some vendors will be telling you is still okay , just ignore them and request for new one. Is free they 've it plenty

Wow. Thanks for the insight that means nothing like Jan,Feb,April n etc. They deal basically on last month of each quarter....?

Then for the form I think I'm doesn't apply to the stand alone gas.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
After devil, women, fear Gas.

That's why every time I enter kitchen before I turn on the light I smell the air in the kitchen for full one minute, then turn the lights move closer to the cooker, smell the air for a bit, if no gas smell for air then I start cooking my idomie.

Requicat in pace young girl
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by nkemdi89(f): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

In her own case, the mother noticed the leakage before going to church that Sunday, and she looked up the kitchen, she left the church before the closing and came back home, even the gateman at the gate was trying to exchange pleasantries and trying to inquire from her about her sudden return , but she didn't respond , probably as a result of hunger. She went straight to kitchen and light the gas , boom! She was rushed to umuezuirike hospital where she was rejected, before the family later took her to FMC where she gave up the ghost.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by lawalosky(m): 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=hopeka post=68443243][/quote]

Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by greggng: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

Wow. Thanks for the insight that means nothing like Jan,Feb,April n etc. They deal basically on last month of each quarter....?

Then for the form I think I'm doesn't apply to the stand alone gas.

I use the cylinder which I do connect my regulator which carries the long pipe that supply gas to the cooker. . The foam is only used on the cylinder. Just pull out the regulator and touch the head of the cylinder where yiur regulator is inserted with the foam. You are actually testing the valves and the rubber seal to ensure no leakage. Again ensure yiur regulator is always off when not in use. Replace it when is malfunctioning . A good one goes for 2500naira
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Pentools(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

I use the cylinder which I do connect my regulator which carries the long pipe that supply gas to the cooker. . The foam is only used on the cylinder. Just pull out the regulator and touch the head of the cylinder where yiur regulator is inserted with the foam. You are actually testing the valves and the rubber seal to ensure no leakage. Again ensure yiur regulator is always off when not in use. Replace it when is malfunctioning . A good one goes for 2500naira

The foam testing can't be used on stand alone gas that does not come with tube burner n co. right??
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by greggng: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

The foam testing can't be used on stand alone gas that does not come with tube burner n co. right??

I don't understand what you mean by stand alone. My cylinder is outside the kitchen with a pipe connecting it from outside to the cooker inside the kitchen. .in an ideal setting all cylinders should be outside the kitchen. All I do is to go outside and pull out the regulator which carries the connecting piper and test the cylinder valves and seal with foam soapy water to ascertain leakage. I don't advice people using cylinder with a burner ontop
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Pentools(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
greggng:

I don't understand what you mean by stand alone. My cylinder is outside the kitchen with a pipe connecting it from outside to the cooker inside the kitchen. .in an ideal setting all cylinders should be outside the kitchen. All I do is to go outside and pull out the regulator which carries the connecting piper and test the cylinder valves and seal with foam soapy water to ascertain leakage. I don't advice people using cylinder with a burner ontop

What I meant by stand alone gas are those gas that don't use cylinder. They operate alone no attachments like cylinder,tube etc.
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by greggng: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pentools:

What I meant by stand alone gas are those gas that don't use cylinder.

Sorry i 've not experience that one
Re: Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday by Okoroawusa: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
Am sorry this might sound controversial but where was God when this happened?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Steals From Oyedepo Runs Mad - Mikeangelonews.com / A Sex-Starved Marriage Is Heading For Destruction - Bishop Oyedepo / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.