Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job (32462 Views)

Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) / Real Madrid Appoints Julen Lopetegui As New Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Larryslim(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
Spain can't go anywhere in this WC!
That's why I said yesterday that they shouldn't have announced it before the WC..
I'm so sorry for them all
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by samsam2019: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
they sacked him probably because he signed for madrid. maybe some powerful Spanish FA members are barcelona fans lol
actually they are pro madrid.

The problem the h with the guy was the total lack of focus and respect
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by daymeelarday(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
Immediate sack or to take effect after world cup? Whichever it is, it's a very bad decision. They could have at least waited till the competition ends.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Pabodan: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
Madrid shouldn't have announced Lopetegui as their new coach the time they did actually, now I feel sorry for Spain at this world cup, I hope this doesn't affect their outing....
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
donbenie:
Wahala..the guyman showed a lot of disrespect to the Spanish FA by signing for Madrid before the end of the World Cup..
To me that's a very unwise and disruptive thing to do,he got it coming,let pack him bag and baggage to Real Madrid.. grin
Blame perez not him
The same perez destroyed madrid after 2003 and ran away
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by kerry57: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
That is sick for Spain to do
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Sketch007(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
As at last night@ Op!. He wasn't sacked. He is to be with spain till after the world cup which only after then would he take up the reigns at real madrid. Madrid will actually pay for his buyout clause of about 2million euros.

Wrong move from the spanish FA. They should have just waited till after the world cup since madrid accepted to pay his release clause
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by chigoziri2403(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Thank God O, I wanted to bet on them!
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by egojeny1(f): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2018
When i heard yesterday dt he accepted real madrid's offer i was like why didn't he wait till after world cup . Why accept the offer @ this critical moment.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by meneski(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2018
"We have decided to fire the national coach," Spanish Football Federation president, Luis Rubiales, said. "What we have achieved in getting here is due in great part to him, and we must thank him and wish him luck."... The news legit.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by monkautos(m): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Timoleon(m): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
NickD:

Spanish Fa were only aware of the deal 5mins to its announcement. But then it's stupid pride on my opinion. Why disorganize the team by sacking the coach that got them there. Just madness.

When you mentioned pride, I knew my mission on this thread was done. They should have allowed him finish the wold cup but pride no gree them.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by holuphisayor(m): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
olumaxi:
I believe its fake news....all spain matches already booked and played on bet9ja....abi dis people wan make i loose 2million naira ni
not fake and its likely to have a negative impact on the team's performance.

the team is likely to be divided.
real Madrid vs Barcelona
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Josh44s(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
they sacked him probably because he signed for madrid. maybe some powerful Spanish FA members are barcelona fans lol

Gbam! You have said it all..
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2018
I was planning to play the game against Portugal, Spain plus draw Bt wt dis news Na straight Portugal win.. I see rebellion Btwn the barca n Madrid lads in d team
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by eliash: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Pope22:
Am a member of comment readers association of Africa (CRAOA) nairaland chapter. Our duty is to read, hit like, smile or shake our head depending on the topic and then pass. We don't look for trouble oo. We are not political or belong to one particular religion..Lol.. And pls help us and reduce the work for us by being very brief with ur comments so we can move quickly to the next comments because of hunger and dizziness. If you are a member or wish to join , please hit "likes" and pass. Don't look for trouble oo..
Thank you
uncle ur comment long o we go soon ban u from d association

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Ogunleti01: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
U spoke my my mind. Never trust those Barcelona crooks
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by BOJO123(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2018
A very good decision ...this dude was a former barca player who has now agreed to coach real Madrid. They should have just waited at the end of world cup...
Knowing fully well the intense feud between madrid and barca players its wrong, cos any decision he makes on any player now would be viewed from the angle of pro-madrid..
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by khattab008: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2018
The timing of the announcement by Madrid was wrong but this move from the FA will most likely affect the team, Goal.com claims most players wanted him to stay on.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by LordAdamX: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Sketch007:
Wrong information@ Op!. He wasn't sacked. He is to be with spain till after the world cup which only after then would he take up the reigns at real madrid. Madrid will actually pay for his buyout clause of about 2million euros. Go down to marca.com/en to get the full information.

It's not a wrong information. Madrid fan here. He's been sacked. Someone else will take over.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by BOJO123(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2018
This same man took odriozola ahead of sergie Roberto angry

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Sketch007(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2018
I've just modified my earlier post. Thanks with the mention.
LordAdamX:

It's not a wrong information. Madrid fan here. He's been sacked. Someone else will take over.

-Lord
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Roushy(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by ekhai(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2018
God bless you greatly for believing in Super Eagles unlike so Nairaland muroons.quote author=izzou post=68439861] grin

I see people who support Spain, England or France as people who love to waste their time

These teams are shitty. If it's not a team issue, it's a management issue

Let them be clearing the road for a Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Nigeria semifinal lipsrsealed

Nonsense
[/quote]
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by BOJO123(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Roushy:
Pompous Spainish FA. I mean who sacks a coach few days to a world cup?
Wise people tongue
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by LordAdamX: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2018
khattab008:
The timing of the announcement by Madrid was wrong but this move from the FA will most likely affect the team, Goal.com claims most players wanted him to stay on.

The core of the team is Madrid, so ofc they'd have wanted him to stay.

Everything about the Julen-Madrid bromance was wrong. The Spanish FA chairman was elected last month, he gave Julen a new contract last month. This month Julen signed a new contract with Madrid and did not even have the decency to let the FA chairman know until 5 mins before the Madrid announcement.

Then the FA chairman out of pride is trying to make two wrongs. Just let him see the team through the WC, which is what Madrid wanted btw. Initial feelers was that he would be sacked after the WC, this sack before the tourney starts is all from the FA chief and his band of loyalists. The politics in Spanish football beats our national politics I swear. Very toxic.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by ekhai(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2018
God bless you greatly for believing in Super Eagles unlike some Nairaland muroons.quote author=izzou post=68439861] grin

I see people who support Spain, England or France as people who love to waste their time

These teams are shitty. If it's not a team issue, it's a management issue

Let them be clearing the road for a Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Nigeria semifinal lipsrsealed

Nonsense
[/quote]
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Topestbilly(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Claireshan1:
But why

Because he's the newly appointed Real Madrid manager and the Spain management feels he might favour the real madrid players in the spain team at the expense of other players.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2018
lexyman:
i must say the Move by the (former ) coach grin of spain is Unprofessional .... but come o ... who can reject Madrid job ? eve MESSI cant reject to play for them . too big to be rejected .
Many top coaches has rejected the offer before Madrid settled for this man.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by ubergold(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2018
donbenie:
Wahala..the guyman showed a lot of disrespect to the Spanish FA by signing for Madrid before the end of the World Cup..
To me that's a very unwise and disruptive thing to do,he got it coming,let him pack his bag and baggage to Real Madrid.. grin

I think he had to grab the deal before it goes off the table. Imagine if Spain gets a shocking early exit from the world cup with the deal still pending, Real Madrid may start having a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by engrelvis(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2018
madridguy:
Village people don succeed on Spain Football Association shocked sack coach less than 2 days to your opening match, the players will be demoralized and confused.

Congratulations Portugal.
.dey r mad.2 days to world cup.WTF!
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Horlamidei(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pope22:
Am a member of comment readers association of Africa (CRAOA) nairaland chapter. Our duty is to read, hit like, smile or shake our head depending on the topic and then pass. We don't look for trouble oo. We are not political or belong to one particular religion..Lol.. And pls help us and reduce the work for us by being very brief with ur comments so we can move quickly to the next comments because of hunger and dizziness. If you are a member or wish to join , please hit "likes" and pass. Don't look for trouble oo..
Thank you

Na so oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lukaku Says He's Not Happy At Chelsea / Man Slumps, Dies During Early Morning Jogging Exercise In Lagos (photo) / Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.