Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job (32465 Views)

Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) / Real Madrid Appoints Julen Lopetegui As New Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2018
izzou:
grin

I see people who support Spain, England or France as people who love to waste their time

These teams are shitty. If it's not a team issue, it's a management issue

Let them be clearing the road for a Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Nigeria semifinal lipsrsealed

Nonsense
Dream on.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by lilyfe: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
they sacked him probably because he signed for madrid. maybe some powerful Spanish FA members are barcelona fans lol
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by kenex4ever(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
madridguy:
Village people don succeed on Spain Football Association shocked sack coach less than 2 days to your opening match, the players will be demoralized and confused.

Congratulations Portugal.
even without coach Portugal no fit win them
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by ezigr8(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
The coach bleeped up big time, he should have waited after the tournament before signing.
He deserved to be sacked. Spain can play without a coach or better still Iniesta will serve as coach.
What he did was disrespectful to Spanish FA for not communicating his intentions to them not until the completion of his appointment.

4 Likes

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by mustafa006: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
Am a madrid fan but What he did was unprofessional and it's is against the ethics of a valid contract to accept another contract without finishing or terminating your primary contract
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Gerarstar: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
olumaxi:
I believe its fake news....all spain matches already booked and played on bet9ja....abi dis people wan make i loose 2million naira ni
He made a mistake announcing the deal days before the world cup. His might be linked to shopping for players in the Spanish team as a coach for Madrid
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by opara28(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
it is not pride on the spanish FA, but sheer unprofessional-ism on the part of their coach...you are under a contract with someone and you go behind to sign another
NickD:

Spanish Fa were only aware of the deal 5mins to its announcement. But then it's stupid pride on my opinion. Why disorganize the team by sacking the coach that got them there. Just madness.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by galadima77(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
madridguy:
Village people don succeed on Spain Football Association shocked sack coach less than 2 days to your opening match, the players will be demoralized and confused.

Congratulations Portugal.

hahahahahahahahaha
what is it with u guys and village people? Even wetin una take hand buy, na village people abi?
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Bhol28: 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Just because he took Real Madrid Job?Spanish football politics
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
Spanish FA shouldn't have sacked him. They should have waited after world cup and fine him. The coach self no try, you still have contracts with Spain till 2020, you went ahead to sign for Real Madrid without informing the Spanish FA. Real Madrid board also want cause problem in the Spanish team. The issue of Catalan is still there unresolved.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pope22:
Am a member of comment readers association of Africa (CRAOA) nairaland chapter. Our duty is to read, hit like, smile or shake our head depending on the topic and then pass. We don't look for trouble oo. We are not political or belong to one particular religion..Lol.. And pls help us and reduce the work for us by being very brief with ur comments so we can move quickly to the next comments because of hunger and dizziness. If you are a member or wish to join , please hit "likes" or "mention" and pass so that we will add your name in our list. Don't look for trouble oo.. I am the publicity secretary.
Thank you
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by NickD(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
opara28:
it is not pride on the spanish FA, but sheer unprofessional-ism on the part of their coach...you are under a contract with someone and you go behind to sign another
Sure but then the contract was gonna take effect after the World Cup had ended. Now they've sacked him.. to what end? Throwing the team in jeopardy a day to the World Cup and 2days before their match.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by toluxe0075: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
NickD:

Sure but then the contract was gonna take effect after the World Cup had ended. Now they've sacked him.. to what end? Throwing the team in jeopardy a day to the World Cup and 2days before their match.
Trust me with his announcement to join Madrid after the world cup, his team selection for Spain at the world cup will be questionable.
Those mentioning conte and van gaal should know that thud is quite a complex situation. Conte and van gaal were not coaching a national team filled with rival players from the same league at their disposal. Besides, conte signed for Chelsea as early as April before European competition and has spoken with Italy's FA, while van gaal was appointed a month before the world cup after meeting with Netherland's FA.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by openmine(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
ss
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by onatisi(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
i believe that before arriving at this decision , the spanish football body must have been assured that they have more than enough capable hands to take over his duties , i dont think he will be missed much . real madrid should have waited till after the world cup before making the announcement
toluxe0075:

Trust me with his announcement to join Madrid after the world cup, his team selection for Spain at the world cup will be questionable.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by onatisi(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
Spanish Football Federation president Luis Rubiales made it very plain the decision to fire Lopetegui was taken because of the way his departure for Madrid was handled.

Rubiales repeatedly and insistently stated the federation knew absolutely nothing about the negotiations until five minutes before the Bernabeu club sent a press release to reveal Lopetegui’s appointment – he also confirmed he had asked for the announcement to be delayed, but that plea went unheeded.

In a wider context, this shocking development is part of a wider political power play within Spanish football, with newly-appointed Rubiales seizing the first opportunity to show that the federation will not allow itself to be pushed around by anyone – even Real Madrid.

Unconfirmed reports are now stating that under-21 coach Albert Celades and the federation’s director of football Fernando Hierro – a former Real Madrid defender – will take charge for the World Cup opener against Portugal. But with this crazy story, we should expect another twist or two.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
Claireshan1:
But why
Probably because he signed for Madrid.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Jointhemiltons2(m): 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
NickD:

Bro it was just betrayal of trust and he needed to be sacked,the Spanish Association never knew till few days after Madrid made it public. I think that’s their grievance.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by McCobble(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
Timoleon:

When you mentioned pride, I knew my mission on this thread was done. They should have allowed him finish the wold cup but pride no gree them.
Finish what? What pride? this is disrespectful bossman, he should have waited till after world cup, besides he just signed a contract with Spanish FA recently.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by bettercreature(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Spanish FA shouldn't have sacked him. They should have waited after world cup and fine him. The coach self no try, you still have contracts with Spain till 2020, you went ahead to sign for Real Madrid without informing the Spanish FA. Real Madrid board also want cause problem in the Spanish team. The issue of Catalan is still there unresolved.
They did the right thing he would have distabilized the team.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by opara28(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
well its not good for the Team tho, but loyalty matters in everything
NickD:

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Timoleon(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
McCobble:
Finish what? What pride? this is disrespectful bossman, he should have waited till after world cup, besides he just signed a contract with Spanish FA recently.
Bro, what's done is done...for the sake of the team and the campaign, they should have allowed him. Conte was confirmed Chelsea OS's before euro 2016. If the Spanish fa were convinced that he is wrong, they should take him to CAS. As for him I don't blame him for being ambitious.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
bettercreature:
They did the right thing he would have distabilized the team.
Yes I support what they did to him, but the stability of the team is the problem. They just appointed Fernando Hierro as the new coach another Real Madrid legend this won't go well with Barca players in the Spanish team.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by xellench: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
Check this out
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Holymann(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
they sacked him probably because he signed for madrid. maybe some powerful Spanish FA members are barcelona fans lol
You can't have 2 contracts at the same time.
Moreover, he signed for Madrid without informing Spain and thats disrespectful.
He could have waited till after the world cup before signing.

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by chiboy1116: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
olatade:
trash embarassed
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Goodnuel: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
NickD:

Spanish Fa were only aware of the deal 5mins to its announcement. But then it's stupid pride on my opinion. Why disorganize the team by sacking the coach that got them there. Just madness.
It's a good call. The coach acted poorly.. Madrid on their were arrogant as usual, why announce the deal now??

1 Like

Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by Holymann(m): 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
olumaxi:
I believe its fake news....all spain matches already booked and played on bet9ja....abi dis people wan make i loose 2million naira ni
It's true bro, I just saw it on their official fb page
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by chiboy1116: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
lexyman:
i must say the Move by the (former ) coach grin of spain is Unprofessional .... but come o ... who can reject Madrid job ? eve MESSI cant reject to play for them . too big to be rejected .
messi rejected Madrid 3times.... He has won more trophies as a Barça player Dan any individual in dat Madrid team.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by chiboy1116: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yes I support what they did to him, but the stability of the team is the problem. They just appointed Fernando Hierro as the new coach another Real Madrid legend this won't go well with Barca players in the Spanish team.
Re: Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job by chiboy1116: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

why? Spain's former manager, managed Madrid..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Named 2018 African Player Of The Year [Full Awards List] / Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match / Who Will Replace Cristiano Ronaldo At Real Madrid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.