Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud (20244 Views)

$4m Puts Atiku’s Man In Trouble / EFCC Arraigns Abdulsalam Saleh Abdulkareem For $1.3 Million Fraud (PICS) / Ebonyi Signs $4m Solar-system Production Agreement With Chinese Coy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
angry
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by pol23: 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
I guess EFCC has found their lost teeth.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
skales67:

Na dem! "Sufferstikated" moorons

enjoy your ban.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by yazach: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:
In the last one week the Buhari govt has scored some good points inbthe fight against corruption but it's not enough to wipe out all the sins of Buharis bad leadership.. I still have problems with his very bias handling of the Fulani crisis and his poor economic vision which is key to me...

Media done program una finish

Who told you that those killings are from fulani

Think guy bail yourself we have being living with fulani since BC why is it now the killings are many

Fear politicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Miyachi: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
Blood money.
Patients who are supposed to be receiving care are being deprived because of wanton greed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Facebooker(f): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
Frankyboy1:

Idiot!people like you have.localized and cheapened nairaland from what it used to be, no wonder alot of intellectuals and people of high moral standard has gone underground

That's how you'll be forming "non-idiot" in the public but you were the first to send me IM request. Idiot!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by nanotechy: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
This is why international funding organizations keep blacklisting us for research and other funding. Greed is killing our country. Trust me, 2/3 of the budgeted fund is enough to complete the job perfectly...and then they could pay themselves with the rest. But no! greed won't let them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by frankIzuchukwu(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
Facebooker:
Abeg who wan fuckkk free of charge? Toto is scratching me again...
na infection they scratch you so
go an treat your STD

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by kush1000(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
presidency:
EFCC Press Release

EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud

The trial of five persons, implicated in the fraudulent diversion of about $4 million of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria, began on June 12, 2018 before Justice O.O. Goodluck of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court, Maitama. The defendants – Abimbola Abioye, Wuraola Adebayo, Zubairu Ibrahim, Faturiti Jacob and Azeez Aderemi, are facing a six-count charge that borders on criminal conspiracy, forgery and embezzlement of the grant granted by the Geneva-based agency. It will be recalled that The Global Fund had in March 2016 suspended payments to Nigeria’s AIDS agency, over the diversion of about $3.8 million allegedly stolen by workers and consultants. The grant was also to ensure the establishment of a National Health Information System, a service that could have aided delivery of quality health care services in Nigeria.

The Global Fund had petitioned the EFCC alleging that, “during a recent routine check by the Office of the Inspector General, Global Fund, it was discovered that from 2010 to 2014, the suspects who are employees of Department of Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRS) Federal Ministry of Health conspired among themselves to receive and systematically embezzle the sum amount through the use of fictitious invoices, receipts of hotel stays, air flight tickets and other instruments to access and divert the fund for their own personal gains”.

They all pleaded “not guilty” to the charges. Prosecuting counsel, J.A. Bwala, thereafter, urged the court to fix a date for the commencement of their trial. Counsel to the first, fourth and fifth defendants, O. Odumosun, made an oral application for their bail, and adopted his seven-paragraph affidavit to back his application. Counsel to the second and third defendants aligned themselves to his submission. Count one of the charges reads: “That you, Abimbola Abioye Alamu, whilst being the program officer at the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics, Federal ministry of Health, Mrs Adebayo Wuraola Adejoke, whilst being monitoring and evaluation Officer at the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics, Federal Ministry of Health, Dr. Azeez Aderemi Najim, whilst being project coordinator, at the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics Federal Ministry of Health, Zubairu Kindi Ibrahim, whilst being Assistant project Accountant at the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics, Federal Ministry of Health, Faturoti Oladiti Jacob, whilst being training officer at the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics, Federal Ministry of Health, sometime between 2010 and 2014 in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, did conspire amongst ourselves to do an illegal act to wit: convert to yourselves the aggregate sum of N28,802,483.80 (Twenty Eight Million, Eight Hundred and Two Thousand, Four Hundred and Eighty Three Naira, Eighty Kobo) property of 'The Global Fund' for the purpose of the implementation of its health improvement program in Nigeria and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 97 of the Penal Code Act, Cap. 532 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (Abuja) 1990”.

The Court thereafter admitted them to bail in the sum of N1million each and one surety each in like sum, who must be level 12 above and must be resident in Abuja. They were further ordered to submit their international passports to the Court. The case has been adjourned to October 11, 17, 23 and 24, 2018, for “commencement of trial."
all this one is story carry them go court ni koko and how many year jail the judge give them that what I want to hear..
Check my signature and thank me later.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Postboiswag(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
tongue tongue
Facebooker:
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by SalamRushdie: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
yazach:

Media done program una finish

Who told you that those killings are from fulani

Think guy bail yourself we have being living with fulani since BC why is it now the killings are many

Fear politicians

Which media ..killing that Miyetti Allah keeps accepting every time and yet you say it's media ...is it media that also stopping Buhari from arresting the herdsmen or is it media that told Buhari to negotiate colony on their behalf
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by herich(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2018
Afonjas should stop disgracing themselves, they're too dull to engage in crime.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by skales67(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
WhichKindWahala:
enjoy your ban.

The mods should go through your own posts and see all the comments where you abused Igbos by calling them "Igbos" and ban you first! Don't ever mention me again.

Jobless yoot!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7242965_dd175abcde4e4757a684b249b715d026_jpeg_jpegd452b2575274e4309d9ba4062b51eb3b

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by yungrylex00(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lol
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Aboguede(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Frankyboy1:
Take it or leave it, corruption has destroyed d fabrics of this nation, 3.8million dollars is close to a billion naira,in a country where 80% of the people live on less than 2dollar a day,and this stealing is just a tip of the iceberg! It breaks my heart how our youths upon hearing about corruption cases,first look at tribe,party,and even religion! Such a shame, and this re youths without basic education,they go about spamming every news,begging for cash, ve never travelled out and seen d terrible effect of corruption on the nation and even on their psyche!I am pained for our youths, they re mental and intellectually lazy

That is the reason of no thange.

LAZY head
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by denjjy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
No waste of time. lock them in KIRIKIRI. Nigeria must be sanitized from all these wicked elements
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Nymeria247(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Facebooker:

You are looking for peoples destiny to add to your own abi Thunder fire you there! grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by samuelson06(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:
Go get a job or start a service. Fraud is not the way.

In other news, I have two newly approved UK adsense for sale at a reasonable price contact 090-64-176-0-42

You are selling adsense but not using it on your blog. Sure you are not a fraud?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Facebooker(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nymeria247:

You are looking for peoples destiny to add to your own abi Thunder fire you there! grin

We talking people with destiny and snail like you is putting mouth, what valuable destiny do you have left?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
Such brigandage can only occur during the ineffectual buffoon's tenure. Such buffoonery...
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by thunderbabs: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
Facebooker:

Hi 1
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Itzogunsakin(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
samuelson06:

You are selling adsense but not using it on your blog. Sure you are not a fraud?
I'm not
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by galaxi(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
The few Nigerian handling the affairs of this country is our major problem and not the so called yahoo boys.
If every office holder in Nigeria is sincere and not greedy,this country would have been a better place and no young person will see fraud as a way of survival.

I don't care what may be the reaction of the above post by some Nairalanders!
This country is one big SCAM!!
During the early days of militancy,A white man once told me that if the youth of this country should know the amount of money our leaders steal that almost all Nigerian youth will join the struggle.

In a real life situation this few that stole the USD 3.8m will condem a yahoo boy or drug dealer and claim a saint.

THIS IS NIGERIA,EVERYBODY CRIMINAL.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by dhardy09: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
Message me on my gmail dhardy009@gmail.com Bleep bad

Facebooker:
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by yazach: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Which media ..killing that Miyetti Allah keeps accepting every time and yet you say it's media ...is it media that also stopping Buhari from arresting the herdsmen or is it media that told Buhari to negotiate colony on their behalf

I told you bail yourself from bondage of media
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by samuelson06(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:

I'm not

So why are you not using adsense on your blog?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by Cyoung4real(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
if i say
A
you say
FON
another man say
JA
Omo Na you sabi.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by freeze001(f): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:
Go get a job or start a service. Fraud is not the way.

The Global Fund had petitioned the EFCC alleging that, “during a recent routine check by the Office of the Inspector General, Global Fund, it was discovered that from 2010 to 2014, the suspects who are employees of Department of Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRS) Federal Ministry of Health conspired among themselves to receive and systematically embezzle the sum amount through the use of fictitious invoices, receipts of hotel stays, air flight tickets and other instruments to access and divert the fund for their own personal gains”.

They had jobs.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by nabegibeg: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Facebooker:

Useless animal
Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by AngelicBeing: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Nothing will come out of it!
shocked

Re: EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud by adexsco22(m): 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=Facebooker post=68449070] Abeg who wan fuckkk free of charge? Toto is scratching me again...
what the Bleep!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity In The South-East: IGP Baba Redeploys Anambra CP, Senior Officers / Obasanjo: National Assembly Is A Den Of Corruption Occupied By Unarmed Robbers / New Auto Policy Will Create 700,000 Jobs - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.