Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? (523 Views)

I Gave Up On Nigerian Elections After June 12 Annulment - Pete Edochie / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese Reacts To Buhari's Apology To MKO / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
I don't want to be part of the gullible public drowned by apc propaganda machines and antics. While Abiola remains iconic and sacrosanct in Nigerian political history, no sensible person will exploit such virtues for selfish gains. One will be tempted to ask if Buhari has ever in private or public supported Abiola?. Did Abiola's principle form any of his campaign narratives? No reasonable Nigerian will doubt that Buhari's style of politics is totally incongruous with Abiola. Again, buhari through military coup removed a democratic government, why did he apologise to Nigerians for his crimes first before apologising for IBB? Should we take the apology on the ground that he advised IBB to annul the election? As a man of "integrity" he should be honest sometimes. Also, Nigerians are not happy for saying he apologised to Abiola's family on behalf of Nigerians. Who voted for Abiola, weren't Nigerians who did? Why didn't the apology go to all Nigerians who queued out on end, who died in the struggle before mentioning the arrow head? Did all Nigerians annul the election or the few cabals which buhari might be a member? Buhari should be tutored to respect the sanctity of Nigerians' conscience. He can only deceive foolish people. I'm eagerly waiting for my good Yoruba people to challenge buhari to do the right things. One, buhari should apologise for truncating a democratic government in 1983. Two, we know IBB removed Buhari from power, he shouldn't use Abiola unstained legacies for his vindictiveness. Three, the right person to apologise is IBB so that we know those who advised him. Four, buhari should tell Nigerians if he recognises Abiola as Nigerian president and the status of such president. Five, is buhari ready to pay what is due to Abiola from 1993 till date and are there constitutional provisions to back him up?
Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by shukuokukobambi: 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
The simple answer to this question

''Should we take the apology on the ground that he advised IBB to annul the election?''

Is No.

For those who know, buhari was a part of the first members of OBJ's association for good governance(not sure of the name again) that asked IBB to release the results. You also have to remember too that buhari hates and hasn't forgiven IBB for his overthrow and the 3 years he spent in prison. IBB even refused him freedom to go bury his mother!!

That said, buhari honoring MKO is politics just like gej's childish attempt to rename UNILAG a year to election. If he loses the election next year, I give no fvcks cheesy

Like MKO used to say, you don't throw away a child because the midwife is a bad woman. I'll take this June 12 recognition even if Satan made the proclamation. Anybody wey dey vex will only die of vexation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by isbish(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
The apology is a national apology meaning to say every single citizen of this nation since time immemorial has rendered apology to MKO Abiola. Since it is the president who rendered it on behalf of the nation in its entirety it means you also have apologised to MKO for how he was wrongly denied his mandate of becoming the president of Nigeria.

To conclude, wether you think it's personal or anything, it doesn't matter since your apology has been echoed through PMB. I hope u understand now. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by FriendNG: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
Buhari did not personally apologize to Abiola rather the nation "Nigeria" and "Nigerians" including you apologize.
Get the difference.

It is Abiola family that apologize to Buhari in person. Since Abiola family apologize to Buhari, you should now ask is it for Abiola's personal role that remove Buhari from power?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
FriendNG:
Buhari did not personally apologize to Abiola rather the nation "Nigeria" and "Nigerians" including you apologize.
Get the difference.

It is Abiola family that apologize to Buhari in person. Since Abiola family apologize to Buhari, you should now ask is it for Abiola's personal role that remove Buhari from power?

I don't see how the apology affects us...

2019 we have made our stance

anything can go but buhari....NOOOO
Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by hakimi1974(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
LochOtieno:

I don't see how the apology affects us...
2019 we have made our stance
anything can go but buhari....NOOOO
you and who? it is buhari till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
hakimi1974:

Only terrorist will support buhari till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
hakimi1974:

Re: Buhari's Apology To Abiola Is It For His Personal Roles In June 12 Annulment? by hakimi1974(m): 10:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
LochOtieno:

the pains of the crooked ones will be everlasting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Okowa's Developmental Strides Below Are Evident In Udu. / Mr. President We Thank You For Running Again, Thank You. - Tinubu / Ekiti 2018: As The RACE Get's To The Ascelerando

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.