Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,956 members, 7,803,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Wicked Receptionists - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wicked Receptionists (2977 Views)

What Can I Do? A Wicked Boss Just Added Insult To Injury / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wicked Receptionists by shadoghale(m): 7:26am On Mar 22, 2007
Hi folks , Now I see why so many CVs don't get called up. some of these empty brain receptionist who got their job by luck are actually responsible. I was at an IT ciompany yesterday, for my company's business and as I was waiting at the reception a young guy came in with a CV the staff who was their accepted it oOO!!! only for the empty brain Receptionist came in later and threw the Cv away and when the staff asked her to keep it she was so unsympertetic, that I had to ask her if they dont employ. she just rudly said "we are not employing " and I said ok why not keep the CV? the Idiot did not, later I went to her to say I was leaving since the person I was looking for was not forth coming, and i told her where I was from, then the idiot was stattled and was like oh sorry here here he is and i was mad!!!. I told her boss that she kept me waiting without asking me where am from or what my name was, she was appologizing.FOOL!!!. I wonder how she got that job and here she is throwing away some ones else's CV.
Receptionist make una take una TimeOOOO!!!
Re: Wicked Receptionists by MyPeace(f): 9:39am On Mar 22, 2007
You could be one of those IDIOTS that will enter the receptionnists office without greeting her, maybe you see her as one small girl.  And she will ignore you till ETERNITY!!  I trust them for that!

Anyway, whatever, shes wrong by throwing away the CV, but I hate when people submit unsolicited CVs, it makes them cheap.  You submit CV when there is vacancy. cool
Re: Wicked Receptionists by lapaz: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2007
MyPeace,

I don't agree with you at all, i work somewhere too and coincidentally i happen to be the front desk person in my organization. By training every secretary/reception or PA must treat all incoming documents as correspondences whether the CV was unsolicited or not, that is where filing comes to play, s/he should have kept it in a file and preserve for future purposes.

U never know, u could be of help to someone so y throw the CV away? U r rights as to the way some visitors look down on receptionist but note that any front desk person who takes that as an offence and decides not to attend to the guest is not only joking with his/her job but i must confess also has some kind of complex!
Re: Wicked Receptionists by walexy(m): 10:42am On Mar 22, 2007
@ MyPeace
The kind of reply u gave to the guyz observation is very rough.
Take note
Re: Wicked Receptionists by stevcherie(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2007
Hi Mypeace,
Maybe you have that complex also.What the guy said was from experience and personal opinion.You didn't have to crucify him for that.Afterall,everyone is entitiled to his/her opinion. We should be more matured in the way we talk to each other.Your reply wasn't nice at all
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Anota(f): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2007
Mypeace,maybe you should learn to live up to ur name or betterstill be more careful with your word usage, i found it quite appalling when you replied in such way, u know u strike me as a culprit youself."idiot/foolish' is not a polite word and wy are u so hurt?, let the young man express his opinion and disgust if need be at least the accusation is indeed gross, i am sorry i sound hard but please be more courteous next time ,this is a good forum,not here to fight ourselves,i think you need to tender him an apology
Re: Wicked Receptionists by blackky187(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2007
MyPeace this is a forum for matured minds and if you don't have respect for other people's opinion,please look for some other forum where uncultured attitude is tolerated. angry

Plz Seun Take Note.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by shadoghale(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2007
@My Peace
Sorry I was only expressing my observation on the forum, What I saw was painful, I know how much I spent looking for a job in Lagos. All the money I saved from NYSC was used for printing CVs and thank God I have a job now, only to see what was happening to all my CVs then, Wetin you want make i talk.
Now i was lucky to drop a Cv at my present Co. the receptionist now my best Pal, dropped it at the appropriate place and 2 mths later I was called for Test , Interview, I came out the Best.
Today less than a year I am one of the best Bus.Dev Executives to the point where my MD and DMD personally take me out to discuss business with top Bank Mgrs. My MD's Secretary told my that the directors are very proud of me.To them I can do no wrong,
so what would have happened if our Recpt through away my CV then? see
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Greycells(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2007
@Peace
Are u the  :oWICKED shocked, UNREASONABLE and UNPROFESSIONAL receptionist in question? If not so, why attack Shogadale,
U GET PROBLEM
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Greycells(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2007
@Shadoghale

I feel u don't mind the mumu girl,
Re: Wicked Receptionists by stellose(f): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2007
@my peace, i think your mother had you at off prostitution and frustration, you talk like one with out a home nor back ground ,
you sound like a chaep slut. how could you talk like that ? you are so senceless, imagine ? you are not meant to be on this forum go back to primary school. get more manners fool.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by rowlandwhy: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2007
MyPeace:

OOh I see you are one of those foooooooooolsssssssssss that teach others their job.  We only heard one side, if she says something, you might be wrong.

You could be one of those IDIOTS that will enter the receptionnists office without greeting her, maybe you see her as one small girl.  And she will ignore you till ETERNITY!!  I trust them for that!

Anyway, whatever, shes wrong by throwing away the CV, but I hate when people submit unsolicited CVs, it makes them cheap.  You submit CV when there is vacancy. cool

Peace,
Be mindful on the way u reply to one's post. Not only here, peradventurely u may repeat this kind of atitude outside and that will be very bad of u.
Be warned never try this or else,
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Aproko(f): 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2007
mypeace i bow to you oh!!!!!abi na you be that receptionist?
Re: Wicked Receptionists by oliidell(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2007
MyPeace:

OOh I see you are one of those foooooooooolsssssssssss that teach others their job.  We only heard one side, if she says something, you might be wrong.

You could be one of those IDIOTS that will enter the receptionnists office without greeting her, maybe you see her as one small girl.  And she will ignore you till ETERNITY!!  I trust them for that!

Anyway, whatever, shes wrong by throwing away the CV, but I hate when people submit unsolicited CVs, it makes them cheap.  You submit CV when there is vacancy. cool
Goodness me!
If you don't have any personal beef with shadoghale, then u should seek psychological help.
To see dat u carefully constructed this letter baffles me.
Baby u habour an unfair share of melancholy and spite.
Please i'll really like to know u better , so that u won't mistakenly marry into my family.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Cybog: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2007
aproko.com:

mypeace i bow to you oh!!!!!abi na you be that receptionist?

mypeace abi na mywahala be ur name, if na true sey na u be the receptionist wey do dis bad thing so as Aproko.com talk am just na, u for try talk ur own part of the story before u open dat ur yeye starched mouth dey talk any how for this forum, hissssssss, fine girl with dirty mouth. make i hear ur voice again for this place, Muturu!!!
Re: Wicked Receptionists by nkc(m): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2007
my peace , no just angry angrymake me vex angry angry
Re: Wicked Receptionists by MyPeace(f): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2007
ok ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, make una no kill me oooooooooooo.

I replied it with the guys tune.  

oh!!!!!!!!!!!  l forgot am on the job section, where everybody's eyes is RED.  E pele oooooooooo.

And remeber i never applauded the person for throwing away the CVs, I only said i hate unsolicited CVs, that it makes the applicant so cheap.

am not a receiptionist, so no one submits CV to me.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2007
MY PEACE ABI NA MY SHIT BE YOUR NAME!WITH ALL YOUR SHOW OFF AS IF YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A BRAIN AND AN ANGEL YOU STILL TYPE "I" AND DOT IT.IT SHOWS YOU ALSO DON'T EVEN QUALIFY TO BE A RECEPTIONIST.IMAGINE YOU!YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TALENT GO AND BECOME SOMETHING ELSE.YES LIKE A JOKE OR SOMETHING.I PRAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A JOB SOMEDAY AND YOUR CV WILL BE THROWN AWAY 100 TIMES.PEOPLE LIKE YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR BOSSES TO GET A PROMOTION AND THEN BRAG IN AN OUTRAGOEOUSLY OVERBLOWN WAY TO COVER UP YOUR "DISEASE".DONT WORRY WE SHALL SOON KNOW WHO IS EXPENSIVE.JUST IMAGINE ORDINARY YOU!"SHIT LIKE YOU"! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wicked Receptionists by koolman: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2007
I told the receptionist that received me the day I was posted to serve in an Organization in Abuja that she treated me badly the day I first brouth my Posting letter. I was talking to her three months later when she became my friend. She picked offence with me because I told her the truth. 5 days later she was sacked surprisingly for treating a senator badly that came looking for our Chairman. My peace take your timeooooooooooo.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by MyPeace(f): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2007
dabriggs:

MY PEACE ABI NA MY SHIT BE YOUR NAME!WITH ALL YOUR SHOW OFF AS IF YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A BRAIN AND AN ANGEL YOU STILL TYPE "I" AND DOT IT.IT SHOWS YOU ALSO DON'T EVEN QUALIFY TO BE A RECEPTIONIST.IMAGINE YOU!YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TALENT GO AND BECOME SOMETHING ELSE.YES LIKE A JOKE OR SOMETHING.I PRAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A JOB SOMEDAY AND YOUR CV WILL BE THROWN AWAY 100 TIMES.PEOPLE LIKE YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR BOSSES TO GET A PROMOTION AND THEN BRAG IN AN OUTRAGOEOUSLY OVERBLOWN WAY TO COVER UP YOUR "DISEASE".DONT WORRY WE SHALL SOON KNOW WHO IS EXPENSIVE.JUST IMAGINE ORDINARY YOU!"SHIT LIKE YOU"! shocked shocked shocked
stellose:

@my peace, i think your mother had you at off prostitution and frustration, you talk like one with out a home nor back ground ,
you sound like a chaep slut. how could you talk like that ? you are so senceless, imagine ? you are not meant to be on this forum go back to primary school. get more manners fool.

Eyaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Wicked Receptionists by agnesoseka: 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2007
lol.shit happens. but ''madam peace'' shoooo, it strikes me that you are the rude receptionist in Question o, but even if ur not a receptionist now, or you are already working now(as u now know say na red eyed pple section you dey so), doesnt mean u never looked for a job somewhere before u got one!!! watch the way you talk to pple , cos you just can't tell who you are talking to, or who might be helpful to you tomorow,
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Omonla(f): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2007
Quote from 'My Peace': "Anyway, whatever, shes wrong by throwing away the CV, but I hate when people submit unsolicited CVs, it makes them cheap.  You submit CV when there is vacancy".

@MyPeace
That's not the way it's done here in the West, and maybe that's why the States, Canada, the UK and other nations over here are advancing so admirably.

In the States, they teach us to submit resumes/CVs even if there is no public advertisement for a position. It's called networking. Employers appreciate that initiative. There is no way that a candidate would be considered "cheap" for submitting a CV without a job advert. I would hire the person who saves me the trouble of putting out an advertisement - It demonstrates certain leadership qualities.

Unless you are in charge of hiring at your company, mypeace, which you probably are not, I am pretty sure that many HR departments in Nigeria would accept CVs even when there are no positions posted.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by crito(m): 3:42am On Mar 24, 2007
na wao. shocked tongue
Re: Wicked Receptionists by creamyice(f): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2007
Mypeace,
from the 2 or three replies u've sent, it shows that you're not sympathetic and apologetic. u ve offended everyone by the tune and language of your 1st reply and u don't deem it fit to simply say "guys, i'm sorry, that wasn't how i meant it, ", instead u say "epele oooooooooooooooo" please i think u are very saucy for a lady.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Emmjays: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2007
MyPeace, you were wrong to have reacted to that guy like that. You were also wrong in your idea of job search. I was taught in school and from the motivational books I read that you don't wait for advertised jobs as they only constitute less than 20% of your chances of getting a dream-job. In fact, you are seen by the employers to be more proactive by sending unsolicited CVs/Applications. Please take note and make ammend.

Fellow Nairalanders, I think we should all forgive her and let her be. She probably did not know the gravity of her reaction. LET PEACE REIGN.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by LEVI2ME(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2007
Anybody like that or who supports her ways deserves only bad things.
and im sure disfavor from God
Re: Wicked Receptionists by LoverBwoy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2007
Anyway, whatever, shes wrong by throwing away the CV, but I hate when people submit unsolicited CVs, it makes them cheap.  You submit CV when there is vacancy.

And remeber i never applauded the person for throwing away the CVs, I only said i hate unsolicited CVs, that it makes the applicant so cheap.

As a secretary or receptionist its not your bloody job to hate unsolicited CVs, you follow company procedure simple! some companies actually recruit all year round! If it's company policy not to accept unsolicited CVs why did she accept it in the first place, she could simply say sorry we don't accept or no vacancy

No wonder secretaries have bad reputation with their apoche, dirty wigs,mop heads
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Seun(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2007
As a secretary or receptionist its not your bloody job to hate unsolicited CVs, you follow company procedure simple!
Thank you o. People who are hired to represent a company should put company interests above theirs at work.

1 Like

Re: Wicked Receptionists by akara(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2007
grin

Mypeace don buy wahala, she better go for counselling to appease nairalanders o. abi na deliverance.

grin
Re: Wicked Receptionists by seun70(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2007
@my peace,

As far as I am aware, you do not have to wait for a company to advertise a job vacancy before you send in your CV.
Where did you get that idea from? If you are one of those, you better wake up from your sleep.

You need to make the company CREATE an opening for you, by the'contents of your CV'. Moreover, you need to be able to be proactive in life.

I presently work with 'Anglo Irish Bank' in Dublin as a Senior Test analyst. I got this job by doing a research on the company, due to the fact I was thinking of relocating to Ireland from the UK. I used to work for Barclays Bank in the UK. I knew about banks in Ireland, but going thru their websites, I decided to try this AIB. Sent my CV down online, made a follow-up call, and I was asked to fly down to Dublin for an interview, which I did. And the rest is history,

U kinda sound like a street-corner secretary though (no offence).
Re: Wicked Receptionists by Coleslove: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2007
Alright pals. Lets step it down on peace. I guess she made a mistake about her statement earlier and i bet she would have learnt from that now. Note, two wrongs don't make rights. Lets drop our levels of insults, its becoming too much. Thanks fellow.
Re: Wicked Receptionists by 1forall: 1:02am On Mar 26, 2007
does anyone actually have a relevant word for the topic starter?

I believe most naija receptionists who act so are either complexed, or dont know/like what their job is about

(1) (2) (Reply)

JPTS Intl Inc. Offering Online/offline Professional Courses At Cheapest Cost / How To Build A Career In Garri Distribution And Make 200% Profit In Nigeria / Cisco Academy. Do We Have Any In Port-harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.