Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs (1977 Views)

Why Do You Think It Is Important To Ban The Pitbull Dog Breed In Nigeria? / Pitbull Isn't The Strongest Or Most Aggressive - Stop The Pitbull Stigma / Pictures From The Pitbull Convention In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 8:04am On Jun 14, 2018
Am About To Get A Pitbull So Pls House I Need Ur Advise O.
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Acjohn(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2018
Because they are good at certain times getting bored and eating their owners

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2018
Pit bull is a regular breed, you just need to know how to raise a dog properly to own one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2018
@Acjohn i like agressive dogs like pitbulls can they also be used as guard dogs do they really eat up their owners.
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 8:39am On Jun 14, 2018
Olu Thank u O
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Jungpablo: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2018
a Pitt is not better than other dogs yu can just make research on the kind of dog that suit yur lifestyle plus pitts don't eat their owner.

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2018
Thanks bro much respect.

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 11:01am On Jun 14, 2018
Hound123:
@Acjohn i like agressive dogs like pitbulls can they also be used as guard dogs do they really eat up their owners.

Pitbull is not aggressive towards human unless somethin is wrong with the dog. You need to understand the concept of guard dogs and select one according to your lifestyle. I wouldn't use pitbull as a security dog though.

4 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Noted bro,thanks alot.
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
cool
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Acjohn(m): 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
oluomoadebayo:

Pitbull is not aggressive towards human unless somethin is wrong with the dog. You need to understand the concept of guard dogs and select one according to your lifestyle. I wouldn't use pitbull as a security dog though.
I think you are wrong. Are you new to the stories of pitbulls decapitating their owners?
I just know that they are very energetic are when you dont help them use it up they will use it on you
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Jungpablo: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
Acjohn:

I think you are wrong. Are you new to the stories of pitbulls decapitating their owners?
I just know that they are very energetic are when you dont help them use it up they will use it on you

no sir I think yu are not correct in this case. pit bulls are not human aggressive unless something is wrong with the dog
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
Acjohn:

You can't trust everything you read on FB. Any giant dog breed can turn on you if you are stupid and don't know what you are doing.

Pitbull is a friendly family dog but don't normally do well in isolation, they do well and happy in an active home.

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by prinzetobi: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2018
The pitbull is God's greatest gift to man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by prinzetobi: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Acjohn:

I like how you ended it. They're very energetic and when you don't help them......
Which is the problem the breed faces.
Owners who do not even know the nature of the breed. Why buy a gladiator and retire it to a life of eat sleep shag and repeat? These dogs have conservative energy, they need regular exercise/work. It's not just the pitbulls, same for the malinois too.
The purpose for which you're getting any breed must be in sync with the reason the breed was created.

Besides, many of the reports of dogs mauling someone aren't even pitbulls by standard, they're mutts! But then, people are quick to ascribe anything that poses danger to being a pitbull- which is a wide spread misinformation.
But who to blame? Even Google gives you the picture of a bully when you type in "pitbull".

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2018
This is not applicable to Pitbull and Malinois alone. Every dog deserves a better life but this part of the world is very cruel. we turned a dog into a chicken and what people care about are breeding and money.

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by prinzetobi: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
Word! I totally agree with you. People have a skewed mentality and a wrong notion for owning a dog. Many "breeders" (of course not breeders) have dogs for Commerce and market purposes.
I for one, do not even disapprove of making few bucks off dogs but then.... Let's get it Right- from nurture to nutrition to socialization to breeding. No one is a rounded ball but if one is open to learning, there's no limit to improvement.
I like what you do with those Maligators Bayo. Even down to how you rehome them.
Well-done bruv.

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by prinzetobi: 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hound123:
Am About To Get A Pitbull So Pls House I Need Ur Advise O.
My 1cent- Don't get an APBT for security purposes.

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
ALRIGHT BRO THANKS SO MUCH U GUYS HAVE OPENED MY EYES AND ENHANCED MY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE BREED.
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2018
prinzetobi:
Word! I totally agree with you. People have a skewed mentality and a wrong notion for owning a dog. Many "breeders" (of course not breeders) have dogs for Commerce and market purposes.
I for one, do not even disapprove of making few bucks off dogs but then.... Let's get it Right- from nurture to nutrition to socialization to breeding. No one is a rounded ball but if one is open to learning, there's no limit to improvement.
I like what you do with those Maligators Bayo. Even down to how you rehome them.
Well-done bruv.

I'm just trying to do my beat.

1 Like

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Jungpablo: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
prinzetobi, oluomoadebayo I hail Una o. learned men

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by kenx1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hound123:

Yes I have one.......they r perfect for guard dogs the only problem is that they r not friendly with other dogs

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by kenx1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluomoadebayo:

You can't not trust everything you read on FB. Any giant dog breed can turn on you if you are stupid and don't know what you are doing.

Pitbull is a friendly family dog but don't normally do well in isolation, they do well and happy in an active home.

Hahahaha friendly kwa who told u that!!!
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
kenx1:

Hahahaha friendly kwa who told u that!!!

I know that and I don't have to rely on other peoples opinion on the internet.
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by kenx1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluomoadebayo:

I know that and I don't have to rely on other peoples opinion on the internet.

Bro I own a pitbull dey r extremely dangerous.... I do treat mine with caution
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
kenx1:

Bro I own a pitbull dey r extremely dangerous.... I do treat mine with caution

No dog is dangerous to his or her owner/handler unless you know nothing about a dog.

3 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by kenx1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluomoadebayo:

No dog is dangerous to his or her owner/handler unless you know nothing about a dog.

Hmmmm hv been breeding dogs for more that 13yrs
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Hound123: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
Guys guys take it easy o!!. grin
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
kenx1:

Hmmmm hv been breeding dogs for more that 13yrs

It takes no rocket science to mate 2 dogs together. What is your goal towards breeding and what is your achievement about the breed you focused on?

3 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hound123:
Guys guys take it easy o!!. grin

Why taking it easy when it is not a personal thing? People will learn more from a meaningful argument like this.

2 Likes

Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by Coldplay007(f): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
If you have never raised a dog before.. dont start with a pitbull.
You can start with a GSD..
Re: Pls House What Makes The Pitbull Better Than Some Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
Coldplay007:
If you have never raised a dog before.. dont start with a pitbull.
You can start with a GSD..

Have you ever seen a proper GSD before because GSD is an all round working dog with a lot of drives unlike APBT which was original bred to fight other dogs with zero aggression towards human. Please, argue with fact and not assumption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Talia My 3 Months Female Caucasian From Tox Kennel / American Bully Pitbull Male For Stud / 2month Old Rottweiler Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.