Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,286 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:46 AM

There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. (2908 Views)

"Every Man Needs A Materialistic Woman In His Life" Man Says And Gets Of Support / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
The sheer amount of hate and online squabbles between Nigerian boys and girls is shocking. But it is not surprising. The Bible has prophesied the times we are in{Isaiah 4}. Our ladies have become alarmingly materialistic, and our men do not have the economic power to tame these ladies—hence the constant fights on romance section. How sad. Driving around Lagos, all you see are "beautiful" Nigerian ladies, who are single and looking for a rich man to marry. They have sworn not to lower their standards to date or marry "broke" Nigerian men. Further compounding this problem is the fact that these ladies are educated and upwardly mobile—but the ratio of "successful" men to available women is grossly inadequate.

Now enter yahoo boys: mostly scarcely educated, crude and unrefined young Nigerians who made dirty money from internet scams. These set of boys were responsible for corrupting the minds of our ladies, right from university, since the early 2000s. Our ladies have grown accustomed to being spoilt silly by yahoo boys who buy them gadgets, clothes, and take them out to fancy fast food outlets—and ultimately making them baby mamas. Now there is trouble in paradise: the Nigerian Government is under pressure from the International community {mainly US & UK} to clamp down on the activities of yahoo boys. Men and officers of SARS are all out mowing down, searching and arresting any flamboyant looking young man. They have the backing of the Government. In a nutshell, our ladies are in trouble. They cannot get young men to marry them so they hide under the umbrella of feminism and sophisticated "pay for love" prostitution to cover their shame. There is a concerted effort online by our women to shut down discontent by men through the derogatory epithet: broke man.

This has caused a lot of strife and disaffection between both sexes on Nigerian cyberspace. On the other hand, the not so beautiful and pious Nigerian women are getting married in low key weddings to normal men every Saturday. Thus, the majority of our beautiful ladies are stuck with sleeping with their bosses at work, prostituting, and becoming indoctrinated by worldwide feminist craze. Our young men on the other hand, while being scorned by the "broke nigga" slur, have decided to observe the situation and look for alternate ways to satisfy their sexual urge.And there are numerous ways to do that in the country. Our men can wait for marriage, while our women cannot.

Given the precarious situation of things in Nigeria, our young ladies will be the losers as our men are now revolting against the entitlement mentality of Nigerian girls{See MGTOW movement}. A lot of women will never get married as a result of their unrealistic expectations from men. They have simply refused to accept that majority of Nigerians are doing badly economically. The clampdown on yahoo business will also ensure that our materialistic ladies are further frustrated.If yahoo boys are disbanded, who will marry our materialistic women?

The government is urged to quickly proffer a solution to the ticking time bomb of high number of single women of marriageable age in Southern Nigeria. As at now, only the very rich can get married in Nigeria, and most of them are already happily married. We need to save our young women from this problem threatening their very existence. I also hope youths in Nigeria will give this societal problem the attention it deserves.

NB: I did not create this thread to mock our women. Therefore, i would ignore any insult such as "broke guy" or go and work harder.

Selah.

6 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by harrwix(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
hmmm
sometimes it is better to keep sealed lips over some issues, but truth being told...... there is trouble in the land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
harrwix:
hmmm
sometimes it is better to keep sealed lips over some issues, but truth being told...... there is trouble in the land

There is serious trouble. And the Government needs to act fast.
Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
NL ladies will avoid this thread like ebola plague. grin grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
All you do is create one foolish thread to talk about women or the other. Just see your logic! "Women need marriage more than men" since when did this one start? And when did marriage become a do or die affair that one would have to kill herself 'cause no man is interested in her?

You're even calling on the Government to proffer solution that allows women marry anything that has a dick 'cause having that automatically makes you a man and one ready for marriage? SMH cheesy Nothing I no go read for this forum.

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
All you do is create one foolish thread to talk about women or the other. Just see your logic! "Women need marriage more than men" since when did this one start? And when did marriage become a do or die affair that one would have to kill herself 'cause no man is interested in her?

You're even calling on the Government to proffer solutions that allows women marry anything that has a dick 'cause having that automatically makes you a man and one ready for marriage? SMH cheesy Nothing I no go read for this forum.

I would avoid any insult here. This thread is for enlightenment purposes. No time for needless broke guy–materialistic girls back and forth.

If you want to fight, go look for those who engage you in such frivolities.

13 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by pedrilo: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
"A lot of women will never get married as a result of their unrealistic expectations from men"
End of discussion

5 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I would avoid any insult here. This thread is for enlightenment purposes. No time for needless broke guy–materialistic girls back and forth.

If you want to fight, go look for those who engage you in such frivolities.
You need to enlighten yourself 'cause your post is a beautiful nonsense.

Have you heard of anywhere in the world where a Government made policies that coerced her citizens into marriage? Seems you don't know the functions of a government. Funny enough, you want ladies to lower their standard to accommodate you 'cause you're a man. What nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by plessis: 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:

You're even calling on the Government to proffer solution that allows women marry anything that has a dick 'cause having that automatically makes you a man and one ready for marriage? SMH cheesy Nothing I no go read for this forum.
look at this year 1 girl..... Do you want to fail and be expelled for failure?..

My friend go and read your general studies textbook....

11 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
I don't know why you threw feminism under the bus in your op because I think feminism would be the answer to your op.

If women won't stigmatised for not being married and men won't expected to be the provider then we'd have a healthier society but you will knock this advise down because it shines a good light on the feminist movement and you want us to believe that feminism is a devilish craze so... What's your solution

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
You need to enlighten yourself 'cause your post is a beautiful nonsense.

Have you heard of anywhere in the world where a Government made policies that coerced her citizens into marriage? Seems you don't know the functions of a government. Funny enough, you want ladies to lower their standard to accommodate you 'cause you're a man. What nonsense!

I do not know where you got your assumptions from. I never said i expect ladies to lower their standards. Women are free to revel in hyper-gamy. It is who they are.

The thrust of my message is simple: Government needs to improve the economy and empower the youths. A lot of unemployed and underemployed graduates of marriageable age cannot venture it due to economic constraints.

If you read the post, you would see that i lamented the clampdown of yahoo boys—who i detest by the way, but believe they impact our economy positively— and related them to the high taste of our girls.

Take note, most guys are not really bothered about the nature of our women, we are just sorry for them. A guy just wants to work, drink beer, and have sex. its very simple.

You can keep and maintain your 'standards". Its a free world.

4 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
LivingFree:
I don't know why you threw feminism under the bus in your op because I think feminism would be the answer to your op.

If women won't stigmatized for not being married and men won't expected to be the provider then we'd have a healthier society but you will knock this advise down because it shines a good light on the feminist movement and you want us to believe that feminism is a devilish craze so... What's your solution

The snafu here is that the kind of feminism practiced by our women is a ruse. They want to eat their cake and have it. How many of the girls shouting feminism on this section are doing very well for themselves?

We all heard the exploits of pocohontas{who is the head of the feminist pack on here}. It is a very shameful news —because i really thought she embodied what she always propagated.

I cant really discuss feminism because i do not really understand its purpose—in the Nigerian context. Pardon my ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

The snafu here is that the kind of feminism practiced by our women is a ruse. They want to eat their cake and have it. How many of the girls shouting feminism on this section are doing very well for themselves?

We all heard the exploits of pocohontas{who is the head of the feminist pack on here}. It is very news shameful—because i really thought she embodied what she always propagated.

I cant really discuss feminism because i do not really understand its purpose—in the Nigerian context. Pardon my ignorance.

I've lost one brain cell for the day... That's the only one I'm willing to loose. I will wait for an intelligent person to answer my question because I don't know what this is...

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I do not know where you got your assumptions from. I never said i expect ladies to lower their standards. Women are free to revel in hyper-gamy. It is who they are.

The thrust of my message is simple: Government needs to improve the economy and empower the youths. A lot of unemployed and underemployed graduates of marriageable age cannot venture it due to economic constraints.

If you read the post, you would see that i lamented the clampdown of yahoo boys—who i detest by the way, but believe they impact our economy positively— and related them to the high taste of our girls.

Take note, most guys are not really bothered about the nature of our women, we are just sorry for them. A guy just wants to work, drink beer, and have sex. its very simple.

You can keep and maintain your 'standards". Its a free world.
You should have clearly stated that 'cause I don't remember where the high lighted is written on your post other than saying so much about the Government proffering solution to unmarried women in Southern Nigeria. Your post should've been on the Government building industries and getting the youths male/female gainfully employed 'cause if they were, you won't have been here complaining. Women didn't start being materialistic today.

You don't really need women, yet, the undertone to your post sounds like someone who was deprived of having certain kind of ladies. Keep massaging your ego!

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
LivingFree:

I've lost one brain cell for the day... That's the only one I'm willing to loose. I will wait for an intelligent person to answer my question because I don't know what this is...

Your post wasn't error-free either. But i still deciphered your message. All i am saying is: There are no real feminists in Nigeria.
Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
plessis:
[s] look at this year 1 girl..... Do you want to fail and be expelled for failure?..

My friend go and read your general studies textbook....[/s]
You need a book more than I do. Just take a look at your disjointed grammar.

You can't use eclipses.
You don't know where to place a full stop.
You don't know where a comma should come into a sentence, and you're telling me of GSTs? Who's the fool here? cheesy

Kid!

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
You should have clearly stated that 'cause I don't remember where the high lighted is written on your post other than saying so much about the Government proffering solution to unmarried women in Southern Nigeria. Your post should've been on the Government building industries and getting the youths male/female gainfully employed 'cause if they were, you won't have been here complaining. Women didn't start being materialistic today.

You don't really need women, yet, the undertone to your post sounds like someone who was deprived of having certain kind of ladies. Keep massaging your ego!

Someone deprived of certain kinda ladies?

You have chosen to misinterpret my message for reasons only known to you. The reason for the post is that—as you partly admitted—our ladies have lost their honor on the alter of materialism. I know ladies are inherently materialistic, but the rate is what is being complained about. And my concern is altruistic.
Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by plessis: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
You need a book more than I do. Just take a look at your disjointed grammar.

You can't use eclipses.
You don't know where to place a full stop.
You don't know where a comma should come into a sentence, and you're telling me of GSTs? Who's the fool here? cheesy

Kid!
Apart from insulting your elders on nairaland and your part time prostitution job, is there anything meaningful you do with your life?

Go and face your studies.

Small girl.

8 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
plessis:
Apart from insulting your elders on nairaland and your part time prostitution job, is there anything meaningful you do with your life?

Go and face your studies.

Small girl.
Do you consider yourself an elder? Elders don't beg to be respected. And oh! Tell your mother to send me the client. She knows how we run our prostitution business. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Someone deprived of certain kinda ladies?

You have chosen to misinterpret my message for reasons only known to you. The reason for the post is that—as you partly admitted—our ladies have lost their honor on the alter of materialism. I know ladies are inherently materialistic, but the rate is what is being complained about. And my concern is altruistic.
Your post has a subjective undertone, so spare me of your altruistic concern.

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
Do you consider yourself an elder? Elders don't beg to be respected. And oh! Tell your mother to send me the client . She knows how we run our prostitution business. cheesy
Must u insult his mother? Na wa ooo undecided

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by ekanempatrick28(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
op nice one. I dont know why they are seeing dis post as being insulting to them. u dont need to explain urself more my op. wat u said is d truth. only d very rich get married. the so called beautiful girls can't marry and average Nigerian male which constitutes 90percent of d male population. even a 6figure earner considers himself to be a hustler. it just it. op I hail

9 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Apina(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:

Is that you on your Dp? undecided

Why are you taking it personal? You just took a phrase from the whole write up and based your analysis on it. If you disagree that women need marriage more than men then u are just being insincere to yourself. Nobody said women who dont have suitors should kill themselves but the question is why should that be the case?

The chinese government for example made a law which limits d number of children one can have to just one, so y do u think it can't be done?

This thread basically is on the financial aspect to relationships in Nigeria which is more or less a stumbling block to so many persons, who shy away from marrying the average Nigerian girl who's materialistic. So why don't you holistically speak about it or is it the case that the marriage aspect touched you deeply grin

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Deltayankeeboi: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:

lol na wa. This girl you dey aggressive sha. You be Hall 2 girl ni. follow mego pprh go swim, you gats cool off and relax yourself. don't worry. bills on me cool but Who dey give you mind for school like this abi your boyfriend na cultist ni.

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Asowari:
Must u insult his mother? Na wa ooo undecided
Yes. If he thinks every lady is a prostitute, then his mother must be one.

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
lol na wa. This girl you dey aggressive sha. You be Hall 2 girl ni. Follow me go pprh go swim, you gats cool off and relax yourself. Don't worry, all bills on me cool but Who dey give you mind for school like this abi your boyfriend na cultist ni
Are Hall 2 girls the only aggressive ones? I'm not aggressive, BTW. Thanks for the invite, but I'm not interested. You can't trust a Naija guy with such an offer. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
ekanempatrick28:
op nice one. I dont know why they are seeing dis post as being insulting to them. u dont need to explain urself more my op. wat u said is d truth. only d very rich get married. the so called beautiful girls can't marry and average Nigerian male which constitutes 90percent of d male population. even a 6figure earner considers himself to be a hustler. it just it. op I hail

My brother, you just captured the substance of my message. God bless you sir.
Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by resurgent2019: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:

This is distasteful and inappropriate. I urge you to withdraw it.

I hope my post didn't strike a nerve—because you have been aggressive ever since.

The truth hurts, i know that feeling. Nonetheless, we must at all times be ready to accept and embrace the truth.

1 Like

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Gerrard59(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=resurgent2019 post=68473742]
The sheer amount of hate and online squabbles between Nigerian boys and girls is shocking. But it is not surprising. The Bible has prophesied the times we are in{Isaiah 4}. Our ladies have become alarmingly materialistic, and our men do not have the economic power to tame these ladies— hence the constant fights on romance section. How sad. Driving around Lagos, all you see are "beautiful" Nigerian ladies, who are single and looking for a rich man to marry. They have sworn not to lower their standards to date or marry "broke" Nigerian men. Further compounding this problem is the fact that these ladies are educated and upwardly mobile—but the ratio of "successful" men to available women is grossly inadequate.

Do not take the bold seriously.

Now enter yahoo boys: mostly scarcely educated, crude and unrefined young Nigerians who made dirty money from internet scams. These set of boys were responsible for corrupting the minds of our ladies, right from university, since the early 2000s. Our ladies have grown accustomed to being spoilt silly by yahoo boys who buy them gadgets, clothes, and take them out to fancy fast food outlets—and ultimately making them baby mamas. Now there is trouble in paradise: the Nigerian Government is under pressure from the International community {mainly US & UK} to clamp down on the activities of yahoo boys. Men and officers of SARS are all out mowing down, searching and arresting any flamboyant looking young man. They have the backing of the Government. In a nutshell, our ladies are in trouble. They cannot get young men to marry them so they hide under the umbrella of feminism and sophisticated "pay for love" prostitution to cover their shame. There is a concerted effort online by our women to shut down discontent by men through the derogatory epithet: broke man.

This does not make sense. Try again.

This has caused a lot of strife and disaffection between both sexes on Nigerian cyberspace. On the other hand, the not so beautiful and pious Nigerian women are getting married in low key weddings to normal men every Saturday. Thus, the majority of our beautiful ladies are stuck with sleeping with their bosses at work, prostituting, and becoming indoctrinated by worldwide feminist craze. Our young men on the other hand, while being scorned by the "broke nigga" slur, have decided to observe the situation and look for alternate ways to satisfy their sexual urge.And there are numerous ways to do that in the country. Our men can wait for marriage, while our women cannot.

The bold: Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Your claim that the "not so beautiful" ladies are getting married is false. People get married every weekend and they are "beautiful" (because their partners say so).

Given the precarious situation of things in Nigeria, our young ladies will be the losers as our men are now revolting against the entitlement mentality of Nigerian girls{See MGTOW movement}. A lot of women will never get married as a result of their unrealistic expectations from men. They have simply refused to accept that majority of Nigerians are doing badly economically. The clampdown on yahoo business will also ensure that our materialistic ladies are further frustrated.If yahoo boys are disbanded, who will marry our materialistic women?

The bold won't work in Nigeria. Just like sex dolls, it won't work.

The government is urged to quickly proffer a solution to the ticking time bomb of high number of single women of marriageable age in Southern Nigeria. As at now, only the very rich can get married in Nigeria, and most of them are already happily married. We need to save our young women from this problem threatening their very existence. I also hope youths in Nigeria will give this societal problem the attention it deserves.

The Nigerian government has no business in tackling marital issues or people getting married. That only happens in countries with low TFR (total fertility rate), we are over-populated.

At the bold: No stats to prove your claim.

1 Like

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

This is distasteful and inappropriate. I urge you to withdraw it.

I hope my post didn't strike a nerve—because you have been aggressive ever since.

The truth hurts, i know that feeling. Nonetheless, we must at all times be ready to accept and embrace the truth.
You lot are hypocrites! I guess you gave him a "Like" for calling me a prostitute, but when his mother was abused, you suddenly realised what's distasteful and inappropriate from what's not. What makes you lot think you've the monopoly of abuse? Because you're a man? I'll call his mother a prostitute a 1000 times so keep your hypocritical advice to yourself.

The truth is what I've told you, not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
kimbraa:
Smh undecided
Re: There is poverty In Nigeria—so our ladies are materialistic and dishonorable. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=68476768][/quote]Exactly the points I raised, and coming from a man, I don't know if his post struck a chord too? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclusive: There Is A Website Where Nigerian Men 'order' For Runs Girls / Penis...the Worst Motivational Speaker...tell Yours.. / Men Are Polygamous In Nature, fight it, but you can't win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.