Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 AM

Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 (1126 Views)

Ini Edo Stuns In Blue Dress For Honourable Desmond Elliot’s Inaugural Reception / Olamide, Ice Prince, Funke & Others Campaign For Ambode & Desmond Elliot- Pics / Ramsey Noah or Desmond Elliot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 by AloyEmeka5: 1:09am On Jun 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Man Impersonates Actor Desmond Elliot, Obtains Over $6,000 (Dollars) From US Citizen[/size]
Home | Latest Addition | Man Impersonates Actor Desmond Elliot, Obtains Over $6,000 (Dollars) From US Citizen
Font size: Published 01/06/2010 22:41:00 Nigeriafilms

Gertha, a Haitian-American woman has been manipulated by an impostor in Nigeria and at the last count, she lost over $6000 Dollars. The fraudster who duped Gertha impersonated top Nigerian Nollywood actor, Desmond Elliot using Facebook and other online means to perpetuate the criminal act.
In a phone conversation with Gertha from her base in America, she told Niyi Tabiti that “though I am not a Nigerian, I love Desmond Elliot acting skills in all the movies have watched and just wanted to know him personally until this fake one came along”

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=News-images/desmond_elliot_622159385.jpg&size=article_small[/img]

Since December last year, i have been sending money to him because he said he needed to travel to the US and wanted a ticket. The guy who was posing as Desmond also asked for money because he had an accident. The total sum collected according to the woman total $6,000.
It got to a point, she suspected that she was not talking to the real Desmond so he challenged the guy. She later got through to the reporter (Niyi Tabiti) who linked her up to the real actor, Desmond Elliot. The actor was shocked to the marrows of his bone when he heard about the episode on Monday 29 May 2010. He wondered why people would go to such extent to disparage his personality by obtaining money using false pretenses.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/27591-Man-Impersonates-Actor-Desmond-Elliot-Obtains-Over-6000-Dollars-From-Citizen.html
Re: Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 03, 2010
na today lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Desmond is just too handsome, people wouldn't even mind
falling in love with a fake one chie! I pity the poor woman Oo
Re: Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 by MissyB1(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Desmond Elliot's Name Used For 419 by madlady(f): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

[size=14pt]Man Impersonates Actor Desmond Elliot, Obtains Over $6,000 (Dollars) From US Citizen[/size]
Home | Latest Addition | Man Impersonates Actor Desmond Elliot, Obtains Over $6,000 (Dollars) From US Citizen
Font size: Published 01/06/2010 22:41:00 Nigeriafilms

Gertha, a Haitian-American woman has been manipulated by an impostor in Nigeria and at the last count, she lost over $6000 Dollars. The fraudster who duped Gertha impersonated top Nigerian Nollywood actor, Desmond Elliot using Facebook and other online means to perpetuate the criminal act.
In a phone conversation with Gertha from her base in America, she told Niyi Tabiti that “though I am not a Nigerian, I love Desmond Elliot acting skills in all the movies have watched and just wanted to know him personally until this fake one came along”

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=News-images/desmond_elliot_622159385.jpg&size=article_small[/img]

Since December last year, i have been sending money to him because he said he needed to travel to the US and wanted a ticket. The guy who was posing as Desmond also asked for money because he had an accident. The total sum collected according to the woman total $6,000.
It got to a point, she suspected that she was not talking to the real Desmond so he challenged the guy. She later got through to the reporter (Niyi Tabiti) who linked her up to the real actor, Desmond Elliot. The actor was shocked to the marrows of his bone when he heard about the episode on Monday 29 May 2010. He wondered why people would go to such extent to disparage his personality by obtaining money using false pretenses.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/27591-Man-Impersonates-Actor-Desmond-Elliot-Obtains-Over-6000-Dollars-From-Citizen.html

shocked shocked shocked

Why did she think he would need that small change . grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Bigbrother Amplified -ghana's Confidence Hosts Welcome Party / How Nigerian Breweries Fake Promos And Reality Tv Shows / Gov.uduaghan To Give Ailing Veteran Actor Enebeli Elebuwa N3million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.