Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29571 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
FL Gator must be kidding. For one, I am not arguing anything. I have never said Yoruba are innately superior to other ethnic groups. I can bring statements from onlytruth which make claims such as the igbo gene, how igbo are the most hardworking, how awolowo is terrible e.t.c

Please find a statement in which I have insulted Azikiwe, or anyone apart from Ojukwu.

I dont argue, I just watch over arguments and make sure they are balanced
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
Katsumoto:

Thats exactly what you are doing dear. There was nothing balanced about that argument. It was just a dig at Awo by someone who not only hates Awo but Yoruba in general.
It's sometimes not about the points, I understand how you feel if you do not agree with it.
But the maturity to construct your point and lay it out there without emotions [like SEFAGO and EzeUche have been doing if you read their posts. or bkbaybe's childish insults] is what really impressed me.

I'm tired of seeing lil kids "debate" in politics. Gave me [who doesnt really care about politics] the audacity to show myself here since there is no sincere seriousness in this section anymore.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

FL Gator must be kidding. For one, I am not arguing anything. I have never said Yoruba are innately superior to other ethnic groups. I can bring statements from onlytruth which make claims such as the igbo gene, how igbo are the most hardworking, how awolowo is terrible e.t.c

Please find a statement in which I have insulted Azikiwe, or anyone apart from Ojukwu.

I dont argue, I just watch over arguments and make sure they are balanced
Ok baby. I love you too.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

Your mother is THE HO!  cool cool cool

Ah, the TYPICAL Ibo man reply! While u at it, u forgot to sprinkle it with the usual Homo.se.xual innuendos and references to male se.xual organs that ur fellow Ibo kinsmen are known for makin'. . . Oh, and the indirect quest to seek same-se.x liasons disguised as "insults". Next time, maybe? gay!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

Please list the opposing parties or other options. Where there any better options?  

Okay, here we go, there was NCNC, NPC (50s and 60s); there was NPN, NPP (1979 -1983); without Abiola leading the SDP candidacy, we don't know whether the west would have voted for SDP in 1993. AD failed to field a presidential candidate because of Obasanjo, that was big deal.  undecided In any case, there was ANPP and APGA. If Ojukwu is an anathema in the west, what about Buhari or Atiku? You don't vote other tribes, simple. The last time was before the carpet crossing incident, all these are thanks to the "ingenuity" of Awolowo. The guy destroyed southern unity.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
Who were the candidates- I dont want to know the name of the parties. Please list them carefully. grin

I have a feeling someone is going to get whacked. Please show me each group in each election year and tell me if it can be argued that the Yorubas voted for someone of inferior candidacy. Obasanjo though is an interesting case I must say.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
Onlyone

How can the Yoruba vote for you , when you discriminate against them. Go and see the satellite picture. They would not vote for you, because they are not stupid.

Oyo state is 10 time imo state. And your people do not want change. How can we vote for. Do you go to church. Do you fear God. ?

What do you think Jonathan should if he fear God??  If the Yorubas do not vote for Jonathan , Jonathan should not know he did not do the right. And he took should not expect the Yoruba vote. THe bible says do unto others what you want them to do until.

If Jonathan is not standing up for taken the right decision. Please explain to me , why the Yorubas should vote for him.

You see I am not not hiden under an alias, so that you know I do not pretend. Jonathan should ask himself, What do God want him to do. If Jonathan is not standing for God. The Yorubas too would not stand for him.  Jonathan should do the right thing. He is not doing the right thing. So dont blame people if they too do not support him. he should blame himself for not doing the right. The north are not going to vote for him. Go reform. Not just a useless constitution review that make no sense.

Yoruba would not vote for PDP with the stupid constitution they have.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
Musiwa,:

Onlyone

How can the Yoruba vote for you , when you discriminate against them. [b]Go and see the satellite picture. [/b]They would not vote for you, because they are not silly.

Oyo state is 10 time imo state. And your people do not want change. How can we vote for. Do you go to church. Do you fear God. ?

What do you think Jonathan should if he fear God??  If the Yorubas do not vote for Jonathan , Jonathan should not know he did not do the right. And he took should not expect the Yoruba vote. THe bible says do unto others what you want them to do until.

If Jonathan is not standing up for taken the right decision. Please explain to me , why the Yorubas should vote for him.

You see I am not not hiden under an alias, so that you know I do not pretend. Jonathan should ask himself, What do God want him to do. If Jonathan is not standing for God. The Yorubas too would not stand for him.  Jonathan should do the right thing. He is not doing the right thing. So dont blame people if they too do not support him. he should blame himself for not doing the right. The north are not going to vote for him. Go reform. Not just a useless constitution review that make no sense.

Yoruba would not vote for PDP with the silly constitution they have.  
grin cheesy grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
lol@ Becomerich. grin grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 11:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

Who were the candidates- I dont want to know the name of the parties. Please list them carefully. grin

I have a feeling someone is going to get whacked. Please show me each group in each election year and tell me if it can be argued that the Yorubas voted for someone of inferior candidacy. Obasanjo though is an interesting case I must say.

Actually, I hope you don't expect me to allow you to keep stringing me along. What are you smoking tonite, kid?

The bolded is the GIST of the whole thing.

That is why I'm afraid for Jonathan. I've been scratching my head, crunching the numbers to see how he wins next year, but it just doesn't add up. The Igbo would vote for him. Some middle belters may vote for him alongside some south south people. The far north and core north would not vote for him. Without Yoruba votes, he cannot win outright.

This is why I'm lamenting Awolowos evil seed.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
If a northerner picks a Yoruba Vice presidential candidate, he could win even if Igbo vote for Jonathan because the Yoruba would likely vote for one of their own en masse. If a northerner picks an Igbo vice, he is not likely to get block Igbo votes because Ndigbo are tired of playing second fiddle in Nigeria. The way Jonathan wins is to convince the north to vote for him, then with Igbo votes and some south south votes, we will win.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

Okay, here we go, there was NCNC, NPC (50s and 60s); there was NPN, NPP (1979 -1983); without Abiola leading the SDP candidacy, we don't know whether the west would have voted for SDP in 1993. AD failed to field a presidential candidate because of Obasanjo, that was big deal.  undecided In any case, there was ANPP and APGA. If Ojukwu is an anathema in the west, what about Buhari or Atiku? You don't vote other tribes, simple. The last time was before the carpet crossing incident, all these are thanks to the "ingenuity" of Awolowo. The guy destroyed southern unity.

Here you go again with your usual unbalanced argument. AD as a party was finished in 2003. Case in point, PDP winning all the Southwest states except for Lagos. Ndigbo also voted along regional lines except in the elections that there were no Igbo candidates. Igbo candidates won in the East in all elections except in 1993, 1999, 2003, and 2007 when there were no credible Igbo candidates. You mentioned Atiku; when did Atiku contest for the presidency? Also why was Zik trying to be the premier in the West? Were the Yoruba people lacking credible leadership that an Igbo man would try to be the leader of the Western region? Did a Northerner try to be a leader in any region other than his own? Did a Yoruba man try to be the leader of the Eastern region.

You guys should stop this moronic argument about carpet-crossing. What southern unity are you talking about? when was the south united?  The question is, what was chasing Zik in the East that he was not just interested in it? First he wanted to be the leader of the western region and then he voted against complete autonomy in 1957, instead choosing to wait three years for the North to be ready so that he could be the ceremonial president serving under a man who was not his equal in any sphere of life.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually, I hope you don't expect me to allow you to keep stringing me along. What are you smoking tonite, kid?

The bolded is the GIST of the whole thing.

That is why I'm afraid for Jonathan. I've been scratching my head, crunching the numbers to see how he wins next year, but it just doesn't add up. The Igbo would vote for him. Some middle belters may vote for him alongside some south south people. The far north and core north would not vote for him. Without Yoruba votes, he cannot win outright.

This is why I'm lamenting Awolowos evil seed.

Have the Yoruba declared support for any candidate? At least we know that Ojukwu has declared his support for Babangida and we know that Ojukwu's direction is usually adhered to by Igbo people. Yet you have the effontry to cast allusions about maybe Yoruba not supporting Goodluck.

When are you going to start discussing facts instead of the conjectural crap that you keep posting all over these forums? Your arguments hold no ground because you keep posting your opinion as facts.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 12:12am On Jun 04, 2010
So, as I was saying, the direct contemporary import of Awolowo's Yoruba indoctrination is that Jonathan would do well not to count on Yoruba votes, else he would be leaning on an unreliable tree. He must plan outside western votes. Igbo votes can be split as history shows. Western votes cannot, thanks to Awolowo.
All it takes is for a northerner to add a Yoruba to his ticket.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2010
But which candidate are the igbo planning to field grin

You gusy are confused mate
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:16am On Jun 04, 2010
Has it also occurred to you that it would be easier for yoruba candidates to campaign in yorubaland because they speak Yoruba which is what most yoruba people speak. Even if you have a translator- which one would you trust- its called group think
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 12:54am On Jun 04, 2010
SEFAGO:

But which candidate are the igbo planning to field grin

You gusy are confused mate

Actually, I'm hoping Ndigbo don't field a presidential candidate at all next year. That would give us room for maneuvering in the national scheme of things, especially if Jonathan is running. It appears my people have started using their brains to do real strategic thinking in Nigerian politics.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 12:55am On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

. The Igbo would vote for him.

Oh, NOW "THE IBOS WOULD VOTE FOR HIM", wont they?Lol. Despicable creatures. Then u wonder why everybody else scared of your peoples!lol. Always tryna go where the sauce is the tastiest. Wow! Yall will vote for him, meanwhile when democracy activists such as Nobel Laurete, Prof. Wole Soyinka was putting his neck on the line arguing that Mr Goodluck Jonathan become president where were the Ibo leaders??! Notably, WHERE THE FUNCK WAS OJUKU? If I remember correctly, he chose to stand on the sidelines while advocates of democracy had their lives threatened! As I recall, Ojuku was invited to one of the rallies, he agreed to showup, only for him to disappoint all the activists on the day of action! Such a coward if u ask me (most likely was bribed into staying home)!!! If ojuku had given his support to Mr Jonathan, just like he speedily did for a certain murderous General, the impasse which had gripped Nigeria woud have ground to a halt IMMEDIATELY!!! Now, yall wanna align on the side of justice! lol. Nah, u aint wanted here, keep chilling with despots and future World Court defendants!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 12:57am On Jun 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

When are you going to start discussing facts instead of the conjectural crap that you keep posting all over these forums? Your arguments hold no ground because you keep posting your opinion as facts.

Why should he waste his time doing such when FL GATORS certain people already hailed him as the second coming of Einstein?!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 12:58am On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually, I'm hoping Ndigbo don't field a presidential candidate at all next year. That would give us room for maneuvering in the national scheme of things, especially if Jonathan is running. It appears my people have started using their brains to do real strategic thinking in Nigerian politics.  

So you can get bitching right for another 8 years sebi? Run the national scheme of things? Like how Zik tried to play roforofo by aligning with the North?

Jonathan being president, and then assuming that igbo people are running anything is like saying Obama is president and so black people run things. You know who is in the background dont you  grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 1:01am On Jun 04, 2010
SEFAGO:

So you can get bitching right for another 8 years sebi? Run the national scheme of things? Like how Zik tried to play roforofo by aligning with the North?

Jonathan being president, and then assuming that igbo people are running anything is like saying Obama is president and so black people run things. You know who is in the background dont you  grin

You don't get it, do you? Has it ever occurred to you that we may actually gain more by not having one of our own inside Aso rock? What can all the other regions producing the president show for their years in office?
If we can get a winning candidate to do things for us, what are we looking for in Aso rock?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 04, 2010
bk/babe97:

Why should he waste his time doing such when FL GATORS certain people already hailed him as the second coming of Einstein?!
I know you'll start washing my name and rinsing what I said all over the forum. Wear yourself out, while I still continue to stand by what I said. kapish?!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 1:04am On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

You don't get it, do you? Has it ever occurred to you that we may actually gain more by not having one of our own inside Aso rock? What can all the other regions producing the president show for their years in office?
If we can get a winning candidate to do things for us, what are we looking for in Aso rock?

What more bitching rights? You guys are still as backwards as you were, what has changed?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Onlytruth(m): 1:08am On Jun 04, 2010
SEFAGO:

What more bitching rights? You guys are still as backwards as you were, what has changed?

You see why I said you refuse to use your head. lol! You can believe what you want. undecided Incorrigible dude.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 1:10am On Jun 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually, I'm hoping Ndigbo don't field a presidential candidate at all next year.

Like yall got a choice!!! Lol

Onlytruth:

If a northerner picks a Yoruba Vice presidential candidate, he could win even if Igbo vote for Jonathan because the Yoruba would likely vote for one of their own en masse. If a northerner picks an Igbo vice, he is not likely to get block Igbo votes because Ndigbo are tired of playing second fiddle in Nigeria. The way Jonathan wins is to convince the north to vote for him, then with Igbo votes and some south south votes, we will win.

Onlytruth:

So, as I was saying, the direct contemporary import of Awolowo's Yoruba indoctrination is that Jonathan would do well not to count on Yoruba votes, else he would be leaning on an unreliable tree. He must plan outside western votes. Igbo votes can be split as history shows. Western votes cannot, thanks to Awolowo.
All it takes is for a northerner to add a Yoruba to his ticket.

Listening to this dude u would think Nigerian elections were credible! Dude, its an open secret that ur elections are ALWAYS flawed! Even outsiders know this (That and the fact that most Ibo males above the age of 16yrs are usually drug dealers or kidnappers), so stop trying to sound like Donna Brazile or Wolf Blitzer projecting numbers that dont exist! Buddy, ur democracy is a sham, your votes dont count! The powers that be ( including the Western Govts) already decided who will next be president, so stop trying to sound smart by dropping all these bullshiyyyat Knowledge!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 1:40am On Jun 04, 2010
Why do you think, the Yorubas cant be president. All the Yorubas need to do is pick a northerner as vice president,  And you see the map,  I always posted, will come to past and we would hand over to the the northener and the northerners would rule over your people. since your people do not want justice for us. Go tell that to the marine.

The Yorubas can make the north majority by the Yorubas picking a northerner as vice president. and we remove ourself and hand over to northerner . it is politics and within rule. Go and ask the sultan and emirs , if they want to be minority.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 1:57am On Jun 04, 2010
FL Gators:

I know you'll start washing my name and rinsing what I said all over the forum. Wear yourself out, while I still continue to stand by what I said. kapish?!

Ah, hun, do not make me out to be a tyrant! All I do is tease u, dont start getting salty over nothing like Ibo men (U might look like one, but I know you gotta be female. A YORUBA female. Right?!) grin! Madame, u made a good attempt at bravery ("I stand by what I say"wink, cool, do not push it tho! Besides ure a friend of the family, a friend of ours, especially since Sefaggot Sefago seems to be all in luv with u, and the good Lord Knows I like that Yoruba dude. So, I consider u a friend! Any friend of Sefago is a friend of mine cus I like that tribalistic rebelious Yoruba boy. lol. Two groups of people I tend not to "seriously" beef: (1). The mentally impaired (i.e Dede1, MENTAL gong, Wily+Wily and co) and ; (2) Females/Women (i.e YOU!). So, trust, I aint got no probelmos wit u!

Oh, and its capisce, not that nonsense u typed up there!!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 2:02am On Jun 04, 2010
What the deji of akure did was symbol. You want to know the truth. Go and ask your father. If I am correct they are trying to tell you, if the king does not spare his wife, the yorubas would not spare you people.

The Yorubas are ready to fight a civil war, if you do not write the wrong. They are preparing people heart for a civil war if Jonathan do not correct the wrong.

I am telling you the truth knowing the Yoruba culture. They are telling you, we are ready for war. That is the symbol of what happen. Go and find from your father.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 2:14am On Jun 04, 2010
Musiwa,:

What the deji of akure did was symbol. You want to know the truth. Go and ask your father. If I am correct they are trying to tell you, if the king does not spare his wife, the yorubas would not spare you people.

The Yorubas are ready to fight a civil war, if you do not write the wrong. They are preparing people heart for a civil war if Jonathan do not correct the wrong.

I am telling you the truth knowing the Yoruba culture. They are telling you, we are ready for war. That is the symbol of what happen. Go and find from your father.

Wrong thread becomrich! grin

But if you Yorubas are ready for war finally,  then we Igbos have been ready for day 1. Just bring it on.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 2:18am On Jun 04, 2010
Mikeansy

Ezeuche

Na for Washington you go dey re-define Nigerian boarders? come back home and do it.

Ezeuche:

And get killed? Huh

I value my life too much.

Who is ready grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 2:29am On Jun 04, 2010
I am a proud Aro man. If war shall come, I will be in the barracks directing the men in the field. grin
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 2:54am On Jun 04, 2010
lol funny comments-

Katsumoto:

Here you go again with your usual unbalanced argument. AD as a party was finished in 2003. Case in point, PDP winning all the Southwest states except for Lagos. Ndigbo also voted along regional lines except in the elections that there were no Igbo candidates. Igbo candidates won in the East in all elections except in 1993, 1999, 2003, and 2007 when there were no credible Igbo candidates. You mentioned Atiku; when did Atiku contest for the presidency? [size=15pt]Also why was Zik trying to be the premier in the West? Were the Yoruba people lacking credible leadership that an Igbo man would try to be the leader of the Western region? Did a Northerner try to be a leader in any region other than his own? Did a Yoruba man try to be the leader of the Eastern region.

You guys should stop this moronic argument about carpet-crossing. What southern unity are you talking about? when was the south united? The question is, what was chasing Zik in the East that he was not just interested in it?[/size]
First he wanted to be the leader of the western region and then he voted against complete autonomy in 1957, instead choosing to wait three years for the North to be ready so that he could be the ceremonial president serving under a man who was not his equal in any sphere of life.

I would Love to know the answer for these questions- Onlytruth, Eze, 006 or any igbo please answer.

This is before Nigeria became One.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

We’re Under Pressure To Congratulate Buhari — CAN / List Of Senate Presidents In Nigeria, Past And Present / Court Okays Suit Seeking Amaechi And Onu’s Arrest, Sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.