Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated (5579 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by tosinaded(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
i called him an idiot because he acts like one. the old geezer knows that he is not going to contribute anything positive for nigeria in this world cup, then please why not give his place to ike uche or anichebe instead the fool wants to disgrace us at world cup. even nff said that had it been lagerback dropped kanu they would have taken him. this is typical naija mentality young shall not grow. andre uweh you are a born fool for supporting kanu

this guy is a joke. . . . . i bn dey pay u attention before, i think say u get sense!! i no sabi say u be oponu wey just dey beef without any credible reason
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by tosinaded(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2010
tosind i called him world class on my first post but i still maintain that the idiot is overrated. talking about the goal he scored for posmouth, ordinary tap in with empty posts thats what you call goal, like i said the guy was not a bad player before but since 2004 to 2010 the guy they useless you cannot perform 1 good game in 20 matches and be expected to be hailed

like i told u before, get ur facts right before posting!
he didnt only score in the finals. . . . do u watch football at all?
u amaze me
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by AndreUweh(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
12large:

i called him an idiot because he acts like one. the old geezer knows that he is not going to contribute anything positive for nigeria in this world cup, then please why not give his place to ike uche or anichebe instead the fool wants to disgrace us at world cup. even nff said that had it been lagerback dropped kanu they would have taken him. this is typical naija mentality young shall not grow. andre uweh you are a born fool for supporting kanu
The ugly duckling, it is not about supporting Kanu or not but your outright stupidity of calling him an idiot. Go and play with your fellow apes as you have got nothing meaningful to post here, Viewer.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by montelik(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
The poster has a point, even though you might disagree with the manner in which he makes his point. In truth considering the high esteem with which Kanu is held by the average Super Eagles fan, one would expect his records, achievements and performances for the senior national team would be better than they actually are. No doubt we love his skills and ingenuity, but his overall performance and contribution to the senior national team does not correlate with the image and plaudits many given him. Example, A while back it was brought up that Kanu has not scored a single nations cup goal despite having made 6 appearances. Many fans claimed he was just unlucky, and how that is not a reason to question his contribution. Okay, but these same fans will descend on the likes of Yakubu e.t.c at every failing. It seems that Kanu is generally given more room for error by Nigerian fans, particularly when one considers that he is a striker. That is not to say he isn't a good player who has made a solid contribution to Nigerian football and society (e.g Kanu Heart Foundation).
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by AndreUweh(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
montelik:

The poster has a point, even though you might disagree with the manner in which he makes his point. In truth considering the high esteem with which Kanu is held by the average Super Eagles fan, one would expect his records, achievements and performances for the senior national team would be better than they actually are. No doubt we love his skills and ingenuity, but his overall performance and contribution to the senior national team does not correlate with the image and plaudits many given him. Example, A while back it was brought up that Kanu has not scored a single nations cup goal despite having made 6 appearances. Many fans claimed he was just unlucky, and how that is not a reason to question his contribution. Okay, but these same fans will descend on the likes of Yakubu e.t.c at every failing. It seems that Kanu is generally given more room for error by Nigerian fans, particularly when one considers that he is a striker. That is not to say he isn't a good player who has made a solid contribution to Nigerian football and society (e.g Kanu Heart Foundation).

THE POSTER HAS SOME VALUABLE POINTS THOUGH, BUT HIS STUPENDOUS POST IS FULL OF ISSUES THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED SEVERAL TIMES ON THIS FORUM. YET COMMENTATORS BEFORE THIS LITTLE FRY DID NOT CALL KANU AN IDIOT.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
andre uweh kanu got relegated in the 2005/06 season for west brom and 2009/10 season for posmouth so am right. kanu has always been a substitute for life and that is not good enough.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by matoyeh(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! U people shocked want to scatter my crymodular obluganta haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Were ni gbogbo yin ni. Hahahahaha, Why fighting over Kanu, E be like say u na well at alll, With all what i know, kanu achieve and impact it on people unlike the most stigy man, (Okocha) that only know himself.
Did u know how much Kanu spent on Children every year, i believe the money can sponsor the rest of everybody's families. He spent money to save lives. he work hard for other people. Dont criticize him, just focus on how you are going to develop that your small community, he has impact on million of children and adult as wellllllllll

KI GBOGBO YIN O GBE NU SOUN. EYIN WERE YIIIIII
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by matoyeh(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
:oOOOO :oOO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassedOO sadOOOO GOD   Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! U people shocked want to scatter my  crymodular obluganta   haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,  Were ni gbogbo yin ni. Hahahahaha, Why fighting over Kanu, E be like say u na well at alll,     With all what i know, kanu achieve and impact it on people unlike the most stigy man, (Okocha) that only know himself.
Did u know how much Kanu spent on Children every year, i believe the money can sponsor the rest of everybody's families. He spent money to save lives. he work hard for other people.  embarassedDont criticize him, just focus on how you are going to develop that your small community, he has impact on million of children and adult as wellllllllll i BELIEVE IT BECAUSE OF THE GOODHEART that lead him to S/A because we all know that Kanu has expired, but his good deeds are following him. Goodness and mercy are following him,

:-XKI GBOGBO YIN O GBE lipsrsealed NU SOUN.ME CHIONU lipsrsealed EYIN WERE YIIIIII lipsrsealed SEAL YOUR MOUTH lipsrsealed
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
good job i like his personality he saves kids lifes thats good but am talking about how good he is on the pitch not lives that he saves
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by AndreUweh(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
12large:

good job i like his personality he saves kids lifes thats good but am talking about how good he is on the pitch not lives that he saves
Yet you use your sloughy wounded fingers to type insultive words about Kanu. Do not put your hand in your finger.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by chidichris(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2010
@12large,
as useless as kanu is, he is still better than anything ur generation can produce, then what name do u think will be suitable for u and ur lineage.
if a useless person is better than u, it means a new dictionary has to come up with a new name for u and ur ungodly generation.
u have allowed ur frutrated life to take over u.
kanu as we speak have shaked the hands of almost all the important personalities of this life and that is because of what he does with the same two legs that have served u no good.
kanu is known by almost every nigerian not because of his height but because of soccer. kanu has played in great teams not because of bribe but because of his abilities. kanu has won relevant trophies in his carrier yet u call him over-rated.
it is a shame that nairaland has turned to be a plave for negative thinkers and mentally derailed embeciles like urself.
as long as u have this good for nothing frustrations as ur guide, u will never go beyond where u are.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by AndreUweh(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2010
chidichris:

@12large,
as useless as kanu is, he is still better than anything your generation can produce, then what name do u think will be suitable for u and your lineage.
if a useless person is better than u, it means a new dictionary has to come up with a new name for u and your ungodly generation.
u have allowed your frutrated life to take over u.
kanu as we speak have shaked the hands of almost all the important personalities of this life and that is because of what he does with the same two legs that have served u no good.
kanu is known by almost every nigerian not because of his height but because of soccer. kanu has played in great teams not because of bribe but because of his abilities. kanu has won relevant trophies in his carrier yet u call him over-rated.
it is a shame that nairaland has turned to be a plave for negative thinkers and mentally derailed embeciles like urself.
as long as u have this good for nothing frustrations as your guide, u will never go beyond where u are.

CHIDI: IT SHALL BE WELL WITH YOU.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by DrKitaun(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2010
It shall not be well with CHIDI and 12LARGE . . .too much bad mouth with no sign of any home training, they sound like they had been sodomised in their previous lives.

Twats !
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by chidichris(m): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
It shall not be well with CHIDI and 12LARGE . . .too much bad mouth with no sign of any home training, they sound like they had been sodomised in their previous lives.

Twats !

@idiot kataun,
i v known u as an under-bridge boy.
i, at a point tot u are from the same parents with 12large.
even if u are not in the physical, spiritually or otherwise, u must be related with 12large and i know under bridge boys can be linked to any useless father who can give birth to two useless children in the two of u (kitaun and 12large).
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by honeric01(m): 12:40am On Jun 06, 2010
Omar22:

1999–2003 Maccabi Haifa 50 (24)
1999–2000 → Hapoel Kfar Saba (loan) 23 (6)
2000–2001 → Dynamo Kyiv (loan) 0 (0)
2002–2003 → Portsmouth (loan) 14 (7)
2003–2005 Portsmouth 66 (29)
2005–2007 Middlesbrough 73 (25)
2007– Everton 68 (24

What is this? you actually want to compare this with Kanu's achievements both club and national wise? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by supereagle(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2010
Dear Nairalander, It is not good to be pulling Kanu down here, remember his past commitment to Nigeria, let that counts, not the number of goals he scored for Nigeria. He sigle handedly change the tide against Brazil in 1996, do not forget his heart foundation, we should remember him for that. How many footballers helped the less privileged children like him.
Those of you calling him idiots what can we remember you for?
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
so because he won olympics then super eagles is his birthright, if odegbami,muda lawal did not retire then kanu would have not come. the guy has been rubbish since 2004
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by chidichris(m): 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2010
@12monkey,
kanu is not the reason ur unfortunate existence.
u can go to God in prayers.
for a man who has done this country proud at different levels, he does not deserve ur ignorant rants.
if u have lost hope in ur miseries, suicide will be a better option instead of investing anger on ppl who know nothing abt ur existance.
remember, if kanu happens to know what u are saying against him, he will treat ur parents like slaves.
do not say i did not warn u.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by DrKitaun(m): 2:36am On Jun 07, 2010
The mods are surely inefficient not to have locked this thread !!!

Monkeys are holding sway on NL !
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by IbrahimB: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2010
Nwankwo Christian Nwosu Kanu (1993 - 2006)
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2010
If you talk another player I for agree with you but Kanu? Lailai. Why do you think his name is on my ID?

Kanu is the best and greatest Nigerian Sportman ever.

How many Nigerian players have played in 3 big teams like Ajax, Inter and Arsenal in their career? Were this clubs dumb?
How many Nigerian players have won Champions Legaueand UEFA cup in their whole career before?
How many Nigerian players have been top ten in FIFA world ranking like Kanu was in 1996?

Kanu is the best Nigerian footballer to have ever lived and top ten African footballers of all time IMO. He would be the only Nigerian rated that high
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by sayso: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
dayokanu:

If you talk another player I for agree with you but Kanu? Lailai. Why do you think his name is on my ID?

Kanu is the best and greatest Nigerian Sportman ever.

How many Nigerian players have played in 3 big teams like Ajax, Inter and Arsenal in their career? Were this clubs dumb?
How many Nigerian players have won Champions Legaueand UEFA cup in their whole career before?
How many Nigerian players have been top ten in FIFA world ranking like Kanu was in 1996?

Kanu is the best Nigerian footballer to have ever lived and top ten African footballers of all time IMO. He would be the only Nigerian rated that high

this is great,to add to this Kanu's CV is awesome,apart from Eto's ,no African player's CV compares to Kanu Nwankwo
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
dayokanu exactly my point please how many games did kanu play for inter 7, what was his contribution at arsenal 1good game 20 bad game and good games 20 bad games. for ajax that was in 1996 and i clearly said that kanu has been useless from 2004 till 2010. the man is just an idiot before i respected him, but for him to accept and go to world cup when he knows he cannot contribute anything he is a big fool for that
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
We can also say that Ronaldo Lima is also overrated or Ronaldinho too is overrated since they are getting old and off form
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by mykali(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kanu wants a world cup goal.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
Van Basten never had a world cup goal
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
dayokanu seriously you want me to give you dirty slap right now, never in your stupid life ever compare kanu to ronaldo or ronaldinho. kanu is just a 15minutes player don't you ever compare him to ronnyaldo ever
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by chidichris(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
dayokanu seriously you want me to give you dirty slap right now, never in your silly life ever compare kanu to ronaldo or ronaldinho. kanu is just a 15minutes player don't you ever compare him to ronnyaldo ever

@slowpoke,
u are yet to know that life is not about how far but how well? in ur ignorance, u have not known that 1 minute is enough to decide a world cup talkless of 15minutes.
in the game between arsenal and chelsea, how many minutes did it take kanu to come behind to win that game sole handedly?
in the game between arsenal and barca, how many minutes did it take messi to score 4 goals that destroyed arsenal?
if a player's 1 minute on the pitch decides a game, will it not worth commending?
it is not by labour but by favour.
the truth is that greed, anvy, jealous and frustration have finally destroyed ur sense of reasoning yet u have two irrelevant legs that cannot do what kanu and other players are doing with theirs.
ur type makes me wanting to believe that apes are the real source of human beings. u are more of ape than human being.
the favour of God is upon kanu and he has writen his name in the golden pages of history and ur backward position will have little or nothing to do with him.
as we write, kanu does not know if u exist or not and he no send u.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by 12large: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
idiot no when i mean 15 minutes player i mean kanu plays well once in 20 games please have you heard of the saying "enjoy your 15minutes of fame" thats just kanu 1good game 20 useless game.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by deb(m): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
How many Nigerian players have won the UEFA champions league?
How many Nigerian players have been considered for the world footballer because I remember Kanu was mentioned to
be among the world's 5 best players when he was with Ajax.

Many of the people criticizing Kanu here were probably not born at the time i was referring to. So what do you know about him except now
that he his ageing? We should learn to celebrate our heros but I understand no one can please Nigerians.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by AndreUweh(m): 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
12large:

dayokanu seriously you want me to give you dirty slap right now, never in your silly life ever compare kanu to ronaldo or ronaldinho. kanu is just a 15minutes player don't you ever compare him to ronnyaldo ever
See jungle.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Tremendous Overrated by dayokanu(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
Overrated is what we call a player who has won the UEFA champions League, won the UEFA cup, won the Olympics, Was placed 6th in the world has played for top clubs like Inter Milan, Ajax and Arsenal

Or define your overrated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Dolphins (1 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Torres Left His Iron Rod Gift At Airport / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.