Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Famous Atheists On The Negro Race - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Famous Atheists On The Negro Race (1434 Views)

A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Atheists On Nairaland Plagiarize The Work Of Foreigners On Online Forums. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
David Hume;
I am apt to suspect the negroes and in general all the other species of men (for there are four or five different kinds) to be naturally inferior to the whites. There never was a civilized nation of any other complexion than white, nor even any individual eminent either in action or speculation. On the other hand, the most rude and barbarous of the Whites ... have still something eminent about them. ... Such a uniform and constant difference could not happen, in so many countries and ages, if nature had not made an original distinction between these breeds of men. ... In Jamaica, indeed, they talk of one Negro as a man of parts and learning; but it is likely he is admired for slender accomplishments, like a parrot who speaks a few words plainly.

Voltaire;
The negro race is a species of men as different from ours as the breed of spaniels is from that of greyhound. ... If their understanding is not of a different nature from ours it is at least greatly inferior.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by hector1046(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
Can't understand this
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2018
hector1046:
Can't understand this

Famous atheists were dyed in th3 wool racists

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2018
Mark twain also.

Atheists sure do love the white man's idealogy.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by HappyPagan: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2018
Good thread. Just to be clear, are you trying to make a connection between atheism and racism?
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
HappyPagan:
Good thread. Just to be clear, are you trying to make a connection between atheism and racism?

I am quoting leading atheists views on Negro. Many have rightly censured Christians for doing little to stop slavery. In fact many Christians were slave owners. But what about atheists,did they do any better? Were there any leading atheist lights opposed to slavery?
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
rekinomtla:
Mark twain also.

Did atheists reason better than Theists ?
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
M0ron:

Did atheists reason better than Theists ?

No. They believe there's no God, that goes against reason and rationality. Senseless as Sir Isaac Newton would say.

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 5:39am On Jun 20, 2018
rekinomtla:

No. They believe there's no God, that goes against reason and rationality. Senseless as Sir Isaac Newton would say.

I asked regarding this specific issue of RACE. Learn to read and reread

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
M0ron:

I asked regarding this specific issue of RACE. Learn to read and reread

You should ask atheists about that, they look up to these men as intellectuals of their time, enlighten men as atheists would say. To the atheist, these men are their heros, they lead the way for future atheists.

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 5:37am On Jun 22, 2018
rekinomtla:

You should ask atheists about that, they look up to these men as intellectuals of their time, enlighten men as atheists would say. To the atheist, these men are their heros, they lead the way for future atheists.
Damn right
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by ScienceWatch: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2018
rekinomtla:
Mark twain also.

Absolutely true.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by ScienceWatch: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
rekinomtla:

Psychiatrists say that only patients in a Mental Asylum insist on fighting a God they claim don't exist. Keywords that trigger this insane behaviour are God and JESUS.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 3:55am On Jul 02, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Psychiatrists say that only patients in a Mental Asylum insist on fighting a God they claim don't exist. Keywords that trigger this insane behaviour are God and JESUS.

I think atheism should be a synonym for insanity.

Only a crazy man would believe his and all of mankind's existence was the result of accidents.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 4:17am On Jul 02, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Absolutely true.

Perhaps it's more accurate to say the racist white mans idealogy since atheism indirectly approves of racism.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by M0ron: 9:04am On Feb 27, 2019
I
rekinomtla:

Perhaps it's more accurate to say the racist white mans idealogy since atheism indirectly approves of racism.

I guess you have a point

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
Like this is news. We have accepted that men have acted and spoken in dumb ways and may continue to do so but as enlightenment comes why must we hold on to the past? What you religionists fail to realise is you are locked into the past and will rather emulate the barbaric behaviour of unenlightened folk than take in new information and progress your mind. I don't give a damn if it was my father who did or said nasty things, I sure won't codify it and take it as gospel.

3 Likes

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

You actually think we as dumb as you who follow codified instructions to act insane towards to fellow humans. LoL. Misery loves company don't it.

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

I think atheism should be a synonym for insanity.

Only a crazy man would believe his and all of mankind's existence was the result of accidents.

And only deluded folk obey the instructions of a being they have never seen but get told what it said by other men.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
LordReed:

You actually think we as dumb as you who follow codified instructions to act insane towards to fellow humans. LoL. Misery loves company don't it.

Atheists and their strawmans grin I never said you followed codified instructions. In fact atheists have no instructions, you could steal, rape, murder etc and it wouldn't objectively wrong or right in the atheist's worldview.

Why do black atheists quote these guys? Don't you know to them you were just negroes?
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

Atheists and their strawmans grin I never said you followed codified instructions. In fact atheists have no instructions, you could steal, rape, murder etc and it wouldn't objectively wrong or right in the atheist's worldview.

Why do black atheists quote these guys? Don't you know to them you were just negroes?

Read what I wrote again, where did I claim you said we follow codified instructions?

Yes we could but we have empathy for our fellow man so we don't, not because a supposed god who we've never seen told us not to.

Quote which guys? Have you seen me quote any famous atheist?
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
LordReed:

And only deluded folk obey the instructions of a being they have never seen but get told what it said by other men.

Only deluded folk would believe the universe and everything in it was the result of random accidents. Isaac Newton was right, atheism is senseless. grin

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
rekinomtla:

Only deluded folk would believe the universe and everything in it was the result of random accidents. Isaac Newton was right, atheism is senseless. grin

And dumbasses like you make strawmen of positions they have little understanding of, exposing their dumbassness and ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
LordReed:

And dumbasses like you make strawmen of positions they have little understanding of, exposing their dumbassness and ignorance.

Lmfao, what strawmans? That garbage is advocated by the worlds leading atheist. Richard Dawkins definitely understands atheism and yet you basically calling his views that of a dumbass, not that I disagree grin

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by tintingz(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
ScienceWatch:

Lol, irony.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_schizophrenia

Religious, spiritual, or transpersonal experiences and beliefs meet many criteria of delusional or psychotic disorders. A belief or experience can sometimes be shown to produce distress or disability—the ordinary standard for judging mental disorders. There is a link between religion and schizophrenia, a complex mental disorder characterized by a difficulty in recognizing reality, regulating emotional responses, and thinking in a clear and logical manner. Those with schizophrenia commonly report some type of religious delusion, and religion itself may be a trigger for schizophrenia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Pls head over to the religion section and view this topic

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF AFRICA!

They believe there's no God, that goes against reason and rationality. Senseless as Sir Isaac Newton would say.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2019
rekinomtla:

Lmfao, what strawmans? That garbage is advocated by the worlds leading atheist. Richard Dawkins definitely understands atheism and yet you basically calling his views that of a dumbass, not that I disagree grin

First off, any person who continues to conflate evolution and cosmology with atheism despite repeated correction has earned the title of dumbass. Even if the god of atheism comes and says "atheism says the universe came from nothing" I will tell it off.

That leads to the second, atheism has no "voice of god" who is a man like me, no bishops or pastors and no messiahs who come to declare the immutable word of atheism. Anyone who is wrong no matter who he is, is wrong. Dawkins was wrong in saying the universe came from nothing. If one wants to be kind one could say he was talking metaphorically, in any other context he is wrong.

And here lies again another glaring difference between those who use their grey matter and those who secede thinking to archaic books steeped in myths and fairytales.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by rekinomtla(m): 10:07am On Feb 28, 2019
LordReed:

First off, any person who continues to conflate evolution and cosmology with atheism despite repeated correction has earned the title of dumbass.

Lmfao, I not conflating anything here. Atheism rejects certain beliefs about the nature of the universe and therefore has implications about our morality, about the origins of life and the universe. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a certified retard_

Even if the god of atheism comes and says "atheism says the universe came from nothing" I will tell it off.

What about the stuff about random chance being ultimately responsible for the existence of all life? That makes sense. grin

That leads to the second, atheism has no "voice of god" who is a man like me, no bishops or pastors and no messiahs who come to declare the immutable word of atheism. Anyone who is wrong no matter who he is, is wrong. Dawkins was wrong in saying the universe came from nothing. If one wants to be kind one could say he was talking metaphorically, in any other context he is wrong.

No one is using Dawkins as the voice of atheism. He just understands the implications of atheism and is honest about it, unlike most atheists. angry

And here lies again another glaring difference between those who use their grey matter and those who secede thinking to archaic books steeped in myths and fairytales.

Lmao, What lies here is another thoroughly brainwashed atheist who refuses to see the problems of his worldview.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Feb 28, 2019
rekinomtla:

Lmfao, I not conflating anything here. Atheism rejects certain beliefs about the nature of the universe and therefore has implications about our morality, about the origins of life and the universe. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a certified retard_

The certified retards are ones we keep telling atheism rejects only one belief and that of god or gods.

What about the stuff about random chance being ultimately responsible for the existence of all life? That makes sense. grin

Not a position of atheism. What the evidence is pointing at so far as science has found is that all of it is explained by naturalistic processes. It may look like random chance but it isn't. Is there a random chance that someday you will fall from a height but instead of falling you will float like a feather with no aid?

No one is using Dawkins as the voice of atheism. He just understands the implications of atheism and is honest about it, unlike most atheists. angry

Still doesn't make him right.

Lmao, What lies here is another thoroughly brainwashed atheist who refuses to see the problems of his worldview.

I see it quite well and I luckily no longer have myths causing my brain to freeze into prehistoric thinking.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by tintingz(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2019
LordReed:

First off, any person who continues to conflate evolution and cosmology with atheism despite repeated correction has earned the title of dumbass. Even if the god of atheism comes and says "atheism says the universe came from nothing" I will tell it off.

Dawkins already explained "nothing" according to quantum physics.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by LordReed(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2019
tintingz:
Dawkins already explained "nothing" according to quantum physics.

I suspected as much.
Re: Famous Atheists On The Negro Race by Akin1212(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
LordReed:

What do you understand by the word nothing when it is used to explain the emergence of the universe?

(1) (2) (Reply)

COZA: Witnesses From The Past / Simple Similarities And Differences Between Jehovah's Witnesses And LDS / Image Of The Cross: Best Eclipse Picture Seen Yet? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.