Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

What To Do On The Day Of Eid - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Do On The Day Of Eid (1991 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Saudi Arabia Announces August 11th As First Day Of Eid Al-adha / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do On The Day Of Eid by Master07: 6:37am On Jun 15, 2018

“It (Ramadan) is a month whose beginning is mercy, its intermediate is forgiveness and its culmination is freedom from the Fire.” The Prophet (ﷺ) said:

The Hadeeth has described the ending of Ramadan as “freedom from the Fire.” This freedom is the fruits of the preceding mercy and forgiveness. It is therefore established that the ending of Ramadan is a collection of mercy, forgiveness and freedom from the Fire. This was one premise.

Add to that another premise which is from the Qur’aan:

“Say (O Muhammad ﷺ) it is purely through the grace and mercy of Allah. Therefore rejoice over that.” (Surah Younus, 58)

From these two premises the conclusion is that there should be some form of joy on the occasion of mercy. This joy is furthermore proven from a particular Hadeeth. Rasoolullah (ﷺ) says:

“The fasting person experiences two occasions of joy; one occasion of joy is at the time of iftaar (when completing the fast) and the other occasion of joy is when meeting his Rabb.”

From this Hadeeth we learn that the time of completing the fast (iftaar) is a time of happiness.

The Minor and Major Iftaar

Now understand that there are two iftaars; one is the minor iftaar which is daily, and the other is the major iftaar which is at the end of Ramadan when all the fasts are completed. Eid is related to it in the genitive case and Eidul Fitr (The Joy of Completing the Fast) is said. This iftaar is therefore the iftaar of the month on a whole, not of a particular portion of it.

In sum, the major iftaar is substantiated in the Shariah, and it should be an occasion of joy. Thus, the joy of this major iftaar has been named Eid.

The Way to Celebrate Eid

This Eid is a time in which we have been encouraged to be cheerful. And in view of this being an occasion of Deeni-happiness, therefore, the way to express this happiness should be ascertained from the Deen. The details of this are as follows:

There are two types of happiness; one is happiness related to this world and the other is happiness related to the Deen. In happiness related to the Deen to celebrate in a special way is dependent on Wahi. In other words, if we wish to celebrate and express our joy for a Deeni-happiness in a special way we have to see whether the Shariah has permitted us to be joyous and to celebrate in this manner or not. Concocting something up from one’s own ideas entails a wrong. The wrong and harm are that since the happiness is based on the Deen the way of expressing the happiness will thus be considered by the public to be likewise Deen.

Thus, in adhering to the Shariah of Allah Ta’ala we are required to spend our Eid as follows:

1. Spend as much of the night as possible in Ibaadat.
2. Wake up earlier than usual.
3. Use the miswaak.
4. Have a ghusl.
5. Wear one’s best clothes.
6. Eat something sweet, preferably dates, before leaving for the Eid Gah (Musalla).
7. Before leaving for the Eid Gah to discharge one’s Sadaqatul Fitr (Fitrah).
8. Leave for the Eid Gah early.
9. Go to the Eid Gah from one route and return from another.
10. Recite the Takbeer – Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa Ilaaha Illallaahu Wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar Walillaahil Hamd– softly on the way.
11. Offer the two rakaats waajib Eid Salaah at a valid Eid Gah – not at sports grounds and the like.
12. To listen attentively to the Khutbah after the Eid Salaat. It is haraam to speak whilst the Khutbah is in progress.

To summarize, in the Hadeeth we have been commanded to have Eid upon the major iftaar and this should have the following ingredients: meet each other, be happy, give much sadaqah, and offer two rakaats at the Eid Gah out of shukr.

(From Ikmaalul Eid and Behshti Zewar of Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi Rahmatullahi Alaih)

What Not To Do On The Day Of Eid

1. Women should not emerge unnecessarily from their homes exhibiting themselves.
2. Women should not attend the Eidgah nor go to the Qabrastaan (cemetry).
3. Mind the Law of Allah and abstain from all types of intermingling and mixed gatherings.
4. Mother in laws should ensure that daughter in laws are treated fairly and kindly – be big hearted.
5. If someone had passed on during the year, there is no such practice in Islam to make a point of gathering at the home of the mayyit and using terms such as “First Eid” for the family of the mayyit. This practice is becoming entrenched as a Bid’ah in our communities and should be forcefully weeded out.
6. Try ones best not to criticise, argue, shout or fight on the Day of Eid.
7. Be not harsh or hard in speech. Soft speech and kind words is the only speech which is appropriate for the Day of Eid.

REMEMBER:

If we remain in the law of Allah on this day and excercise tolerance and patience and sacrifice our happiness for others, it is a sign of acceptance of the entire month of Ramadan. So, let us take one for Allah’s pleasure and make a firm resolve to swallow our pride and show our best character.

Source: The Jamiat

EID MUBARAK

cc

sissie
Mukina2
Lalaticlala

3 Likes

Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by sureheaven(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2018
To be poster above me, u can be banned for this bitter truth...

1 Like

Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by BlissB(f): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2018
Seun need to review this stuff....on a Christian post anybody is allowed to post anything without restrictions but as na Muslim so i must agree to Allah.....its so unfair....

If they still day ban or block person for saying my view...then am waiting angry .....while waiting how do i unmuslim myself a beg sad
Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by Lukuluku69(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2018
Eid Mubarak to you all. May the Blessings of these past days abide with us now and forever. Eid Mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by mujaya1(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2018
BlissB:
Seun need to review this stuff....on a Christian post anybody is allowed to post anything without restrictions but as na Muslim so i must agree to Allah.....its so unfair....

If they still day ban or block person for saying my view...then am waiting angry .....while waiting how do i unmuslim myself a beg sad
so now you blame seun not pmb buhari, if not a nairaland, buhari islamise nigeria but now they blame seun
Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by omokayus(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2018
Barka de sallah. Allah e bia, Allah e maimota
Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by BlissB(f): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2018
mujaya1:
so now you blame seun not pmb buhari, if not a nairaland, buhari islamise nigeria but now they blame seun
Just tell me how to unmuslim myself abeg sad
Re: What To Do On The Day Of Eid by PMBfirstson(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2018
I can see how angry you are....islam have taken over already and you and your ancestors cant do nothing about it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Swiss Politician Accepts Islam / Tips On How To Finish The Whole Musxaf-qur'an In 30 Days Of The Siyaam / The Character And Attributes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.