Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood (35327 Views)

The Fabulous Life Of Aki & Pawpaw And Their Exotic Lifestyles (photos) / How Aki & Pawpaw Were Embarrassed In Italy / Psquare, Aki & Pawpaw & Bracket Duo In A Private Jet Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by xlfemzy(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2010
Concerned parents in Nigeria
have called on the Actors Guild
of Nigeria, AGN, Association of
Movie Producers, AMP and other
stakeholders in the film
industry to call popular pint-
sized actors, Chinedu ‘Aki’
Ikedieze and Osita ‘Pawpaw’
Iheme to order.
The actors, who joined the
movie industry almost at the
same time, are giving parents
concern over the roles they play
in movies.
Their argument is that the
actors should play a consistent
role in movies; they either take
the role of kids or that of adults.
The parents said that since they
[Akin & Pawpaw] started as
kids in their first movie, a lot of
kids at home see them as peers
and as a result imitate most of
the things they do in movies.
But now that the actors take
romantic roles and other adult
roles that children shouldn ’t
emulate, the parents want the
authorities concerned to call
them to order before the
situation gets out of hand.
“This attitude of theirs is
becoming a threat to us because
children don ’t want to believe
that they are adults. The
advertisement they also did
with sweet meant for children
has also made the children
believe absolutely that the two
actors are children like them
and they are ready to do
anything they see them do.
“ This has become a great
concern that it is becoming a
topic of discussion among
parents, especially in the buses
and market places, ” one of the
parents said.
According to Mrs. Okafor, she
was stunned when one of her
sons, after watching one of Aki
& Pawpaw ’s films, told her that
“mummy I want to kiss you the
way Aki and Pawpaw kissed
that girl in that film. ”
Another parent, Mrs. Kunle also
said that her sons now do
everything to imitate Aki &
Pawpaw; her sons now dance
like them, imitate the way they
talk and walk.
She, however, said she now
keeps a close watch on her
children to ensure that they
don ’t watch movies in which
the actors play romantic roles.
Children are what they view
and have the tendency of
practising whatever they watch
on television.
Though another parent said that
the actors are talented to play
the roles of kids well, she
maintained that for the fact that
they came to the industry with
the impression that they are
children, they should maintain
that role in order not to have
negative influence on children.
Sometime last year, the Actors’
Guild of Nigeria Board of
Trustees headed by Prince
Ifeanyi Dike made a move to
ban the actors from taking
adult roles, but they were later
pardoned when their fans from
home and abroad pleaded with
the board.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by gbagudara: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2010
Don't let your kids (children) watch those movies. Period. Do something better with them in their free time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by SisiKill1: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
What nonsense! If these parents are too busy to bring up their own children, then that's their own problem and to say these actors continue playing children is beyond ridiculous.

Actors want to challenge themselves that's why they play different roles. . . no one wants to be typecasted. What's the point of doing something if you can't perfect your craft?

By the way, I detest those guys. They've got to be the most annoying actors in Nollywood and that's saying a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Travelista(f): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
I'm sorry but every time I see these two in adult roles, it turns my stomach. Quite frankly, it's disturbing.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Awalondon(f): 4:40am On Jun 04, 2010
Let them play whatever role they want to play, things can't Stay the same forever you know. They need to try out other roles too. Just don't let your kids watch them,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by chelseabmw(m): 7:42am On Jun 04, 2010
lol.so funny
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by chelseabmw(m): 7:50am On Jun 04, 2010
i see reasons with the parents sha ooo. cos children take these guys serious
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by inme: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2010
THIS IS ARRANT NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by xlfemzy(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2010
i prefer dose guys @ children role cos dey r vry funny nd crazy.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by dbigrod(m): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2010
[size=16pt]
gbagudara:

Don't let your kids (children) watch those movies.  Period.  Do something better with them in their free time.

thank u jare
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by cpatra(f): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
Na craze dey worry those parents. They no know say na their career? Make they stop their kids from watching movies.

Msheeeeeewww!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by anitabest(f): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
really.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Bestglo(f): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
Awalondon:

Let them play whatever role they want to play, things can't Stay the same forever you know. They need to try out other roles too. Just don't let your kids watch them,
as simple as that
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by switch47(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2010
The movies Aki and pawpaw acts where they play Adult roles are 18 RATED meaning parental guide advised, parental control and stuffs like that, meaning allowing ther kids watch it in the first place is wrong!! WHY should your kids see an 18 rated movie in the first place??

- Hypernigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by eloii: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2010
Aki and Paw-Paw Film won't do anything to children. Parent should listen any child that want to spoil  will definitely SPOILED not that it is  AKI and PAWPAW film that will make them stupid  and spoiled.  ok what about the one they watch at a friend house or the bad film that the normally watch  that is not act by Aki n Pawpaw.

Is not funny, Parent should just stop spoiling that children name.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Sarmie: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
Well as for me I don't really think they should be stopped from acting as the parents are calling for but as they(parents) have rightly said,they should be more specific in their roles.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by kildran: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2010
To be honest, I don't rate those guys much. However you can't ban people from acting, you can however regulate the movies, and if the parents are concerned they can ensure that their kids don't watch such movies.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by leuelliot(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2010
leave those two alone bad belle people. just stick to movies rated for your kid and you'll be fine
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2010
Ok
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by TheBuilder: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2010
Great jist.
But be financially empowered.
Join manaconnect.
www.manaconnect.com
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nuriel22: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2010
Huh?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by SwtzMinx(f): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2010
.n0nsEnse. .
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by cleaverman: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2010
What does Akin & pawpaw have to do with the spoillin of your kids, Be a good parents, dont allow your so-called kids to watch Nigeria movies, Africa magic, Africa magic plus, Nollywood, e.t.c. Buy cartoon films for them, if you dont have the Naira to subscribe from Dstv,hi-tv e.t.c.

Abeg ooooh, Mk Una leave those two guys for me ooh, I dey found happiness in watching their movies grin.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Dgunnerz(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2010
Wat rubbish!Are our parents nt responsible 4 d movies we watch?Parents should teach dere children in d way of the Lord.FINISH!
Aki&Pawpaw,play any role u guys love to play.Ur no1 fan.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
Instead of the parents too to stay home and take care of teir kids, they are always at one party or the other, they are always hanging out at some bar or the other, Now they wanna blame other people for their own misery.
Do those kids pay for the movies?
Do those kids, decide on their own TV times?
What is wrong with a parent watching the movie with the kids and lecturing them on those roles?

I think the parents only need to be a parent and stop blaming others
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by agitator: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2010
emy_nike:

LOL, JUST SOME PARENTS TELLING NIGERIANS; WE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN CHILDREN, PLEASE AGN HELP US!

Exactly, most parents just let their children watch everything, except p.or.n.  What they are implying is that if adults act adult roles children won't copy, shebi? I've seen parents allowing their children to watch[b] Original Sin[/b] (starring Angelina Jolie and Antonio Baderas)
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2010
While I'm not much of a fan of Nollywood, I consider this argument very flimsy.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by manosteel(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2010
Gbaaaaaaaaam!!! Swith47 have said it all.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2010
Its a very flimsy excuse. Those two are actors, and actors are supposed to be versatile. Imagine parents trying to get Vin Diesel to stop acting action
films, because kids think hes a babysitter, based on his "pacifier" movie.
Abeg, the parents should train their kids, and take some responsibility, and stop interfering in their work. Like someone here said, some parents
are also at one party, one owambe, or one bar, then when your lil baby son starts trying to rub one tiny baby, una go blame am on aki and pawpaw
Arrant Nonsense!! angry
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by krazynaija(m): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2010
Parents wey no get work, smh
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ladyju(f): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2010
My kids don't watch Nigeria movies. It's corrupt.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by akinalabi(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2010
What nonsense. Anyone can play any role. Besides, the movies are rated PG 16.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Korede Bello With Comedian Mr Latin (photos) / Omotola Advises Against Post Comparing Chioma Akpotha, Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli / Dotman: "I Am A Fraudster; SARS Come And Arrest Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.