Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood (35329 Views)

The Fabulous Life Of Aki & Pawpaw And Their Exotic Lifestyles (photos) / How Aki & Pawpaw Were Embarrassed In Italy / Psquare, Aki & Pawpaw & Bracket Duo In A Private Jet Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2010
Some Nigerian parents know how to cry wolf. . .

Did Aki and Pawpaw prohibit them from disallowing their kids to watch movies?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2010
bawomolo:

can the parents control the remote control. what happened to children playing outside and not watching tv all day?
Exponental:

everybody has right to his or her own opinion. parents are right to an extent.
but
How many of these parents know that their wards watch X-rated films.
when you see primary and secondary school students standing at a Film retail stand, they are focusing on the x-rated. prove me wrong by trying this any where.

Works need to be done by AGN. i cant imagine seeing kids in films rated below their own ages. this does happens and its wrong. let PG16 not include anybody below that age. would u tell my child not to watch his friends in a film?
for Aki and pawpaw, the problem is not the role they play but for the negligence of parents who dont see this as an aspect of upbringing.
ebygg:

Parents should stop their kids from watching any movie that is meant for ADULTS - 18 years and above.
funmi2010:

Ban your children, not the artist
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by NaijaNaWaa: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2010
Ye ye parents. They should step out of the shores of Nigeria to appreciate how famous those boys are. I was in East Africa recently and when airport staff (on many occasions) saw my Nija passport they would ask after Aki & Pawpaw. The moment I said they're my brothers, they (the airport staff) would give me star treatment begging me to bring them to Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda & so on. Those boys are very big stars all over Africa. If the yeye parents don't know how to bring up their children, they should not blame Aki and PawPaw.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by baslone: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by whiteroses(f): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Some Nigerian parents know how to cry wolf. . .

Did Aki and Pawpaw prohibit them from disallowing their kids to watch movies?

abeg no mind them, this is the worst news on earth, and who are the parents did they take a survey or is it some foolish women that get the chane to yarn whatever
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by MissyB1(m): 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2010
One of the major problems of Nigerians -
'Cry over irrelevant issues while the important ones are blinked'.

Movies that are potentially malignant to their kids are not being questioned . . . . . .
It's the movies starring Aki and Paw-paw- harmless 'small men', - that make You laugh away Your sorrow, that are being submitted for a ban.
Una need divine help!!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ifyclose3: 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
RUBBISH

leave those guys alone. they are talented and versatile actors. these parents no get work at all.

besides, there are more important problems in this country 2 worry about
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Emmyk(m): 12:12am On Jul 11, 2010
Very funny, dudes. What made their children not believe them when they were told that they are adults? Is Shegun Eye-rinze nw a kiddo for advertising for bobo undecided
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Martinswar(m): 1:34am On Jul 11, 2010
I wonder how some people think in that Nigeria, the two actors have already been cheated by nature, yet they found an angle to make ends meet in Nollywood, now some people would rather have Aki & Pawpaw play the roles of underpaid party clowns, are out to limit their possibilities, well, ONLY IN NIGERIA, will such lame claims lead to banning the actors. Na wo oo!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Okijajuju1(m): 1:39am On Jul 11, 2010
I don die with laff.

I no blame the parents jo!! Some of their already retarded kids might just be confused seeing midgets who they thought were kids in one movie becoming thugs, cultists, native doctors, wealthy men, cassanovas in other movies.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by topkin(m): 2:06am On Jul 11, 2010
Arrant nonsense!!! angry Is the film not rated? Even if it's not rated, must u allow ur kids watch it?! Abeg, leave them to make their money joo! Ban koo, ban ni! hisses
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by shotter50: 3:22am On Jul 11, 2010
Those parents need to have their behinds whooped. Are they now shifting blame onto those hapless guys?? Not  a fan but this smacks of toltal bull.shyte. Haven't they ever heard of Parental control??
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Echidime(m): 4:29am On Jul 11, 2010
Is better for Unqualify Children to imitate Aki and pawpaw since their parents have fail to make them worthy as children. Whats wrong with a woman's son kissing her? IS she not his mother?

Some People are such brainless,Banning them is like banning Nollywood
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nwaka77: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2010
@Poster

Nollywood movies are meant for adults and not kids. Can't Naija parents go and buy Barney and friends kiddie tapes for their children? Must one have to teach some Naijas everything? Gosh!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by CGKing(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2010
Please parents should go and fight better wars and stop this medocrity. Their childrens future is been threatened by corruption and mismangement and they are here talking about Aki and pawpaw. If a director gives them scripts of characters to follow are they supposed to decline it?

You want to sanction Nigerian actors saying they are bad influences to your kids yet leave them with perverted gangster movies from the US.

Leave those guys men, they are making an honest leaving.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Ranoscky(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2010
mscheeew!!!. . . Flawbish xcusses from Flawbish parents!  

if they know they'r not ready to take good care of their children, then why give birth to them?

now they'r putting the blame on Aki N paw paw as the cause of the corruption to their children. NONSENCE!!! sad
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Ltrust(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2010
Honestly,I don't watch Nigerian movies but little I know of them. They are more of a comedian. Mere seen them makes you laugh. Let them do what they like doing. Nobody is forced to purchase their movies.

FOR RECHARGE CARD MANUALS AND SOFTWARE.07033097160.Goodbye
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by chipet(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2010
The same parents that are complaining of Aki and Pawpaw acting romance movies will still allow their children to watch eneka ike and ini edo making love in a rated movie. Nigerian parents should ban their children from rated movie whether by Aki $ Pawpaw or Jim iyke
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by MissyB1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2010
chipet:

The same parents that are complaining of Aki and Pawpaw acting romance movies will still allow their children to watch eneka ike and ini edo making love in a rated movie. Nigerian parents should ban their children from rated movie whether by Aki $ Pawpaw or Jim iyke
Thank You jare!!!
The shorter version of ma previous comment.

Nwaka77:

@Poster

Nollywood movies are meant for adults and not kids. Can't Naija parents go and buy Barney and friends kiddie tapes for their children? Must one have to teach some Naijas everything? Gosh!
False!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by manheim: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2010
i see reasons with the parents sha ooo. cos children take these guys serious
gbam.
esp. in a movie market that viewership is mainly determined by the actors/ess in the movie
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2010
what does one even adults learn from those movies? Killing by juju, bad spoken and written English and living without working.Most of these parents aren't good parents though. They can't even teach their kids anything, only getting them Nigerian movies and nothing else.That is why that r concerned.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ifele(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2010
I agree that the movies tarring Aki and Paw Paw are corrupt. There are even some scenes when these little boys are making out with mature

young women. Dont you think thats disgusting. These little boys even smoke cigarillos in some other scenes. Aki and Paw Paw are being

corrupted by this movie directors. We have to put an end to this youth corruption.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Paulsopulu(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2010
What is wrong with these parent? Stopping someone where he eat impossible. If they want it so that's means the whole nollywood will be bound which seems imposible. For me i don't find it interesting watching a film they perform adult role but that's will not makes me say that they should bound from acting or taking adult role in their acting. In this world if don't like something keep off and not making it as a law to bound it's existence. Aki and pawpaw up you if i can do wrong more than you do as parent said and get money it okay for me.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Paulsopulu(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2010
kryc:

if your child is Aki or Pawpaw and this is the only means of their association and survival in this world wont you pray for them to act more movies provided it is not against the law of entertainment in Nigeria.

Pls encourage these guys, and avoid your kids from watching their movie if they are not good before thy eyes.
gbam! guy you got it
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Paulsopulu(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2010
ifele:

I agree that the movies tarring Aki and Paw Paw are corrupt. There are even some scenes when these little boys are making out with mature

young women. Dont you think thats disgusting. These little boys even smoke cigarillos in some other scenes. Aki and Paw Paw are being

corrupted by this movie directors. We have to put an end to this youth corruption.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Paulsopulu(m): 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2010
ifele:

oga they are not small boys internally they may older than you. I aggre with them they will not answer obi is a boy every day rather obi may be a man.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by lovethokoh: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2010
such parents are irresponsible, can't they get lesson teachers for their children, can't they ban their children from watching tv.

it is these same parents that allow their daughters to dress haphazardly and immodestly or do they not see the way the actresses dress on the same movies.

a lot of successful business and career people are complete failures at home
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2010
lovethokoh:

such parents are irresponsible, can't they get lesson teachers for their children, can't they ban their children from watching tv.

it is these same parents that allow their daughters to dress haphazardly and immodestly or do they not see the way the actresses dress on the same movies.

a lot of successful business and career people are complete failures at home

Word, it is Aki and Pawpaw they will see and talk. Although I don't watch the movies, don't even turn to NTA, stopped in 1995, but I know the so-called parents are not good themselves. They think they are good once they give birth and start a family. You will see a mother coming to preach to u when she left half-naked ladies unattended to.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by oluwabamis(m): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2010
those guys are have done nothing wrong to warrant any ban. if any movie is rated 18, children have no bizness watching those. Aki and pawpaw have a right to a rewarding career in whatever field they chose. shame on parents who even say these gabbage out. As a parent I watch my children very closely and make sure they only watch what is healthy for their age. Parents who fail in their duty wants regulatory bodies to take up their job. AKI AND PAWPAW, JUST RIDE ON AND MAKE UR HONEST LIVING.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ilabor: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2010
na true sa Aki and him brother want make money to survive but they should also remember sa they owe it as a duty to influence the society in a positive way by taking on role worthy of emulation. that is, they should learn to be good role models for children. that way parents will be encourage to buy more of their films. you know what that means-more money for Aki and him brother. its  all about freedom and responsibility. however, remember sa your freedom start and stop where the other persons freedom begins. wink
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by quenzy: 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2010
Don't let your kids (children) watch those movies. Period. Do something better with them in their free time.[color=Black][/color]
thank you
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Smi1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2010
rubbish !!!! parents should try and control their kids, excuses !!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Poses With Yvonne Chakachaka / 10 Most Influential People Of All Time / Ubi Franklin Poses With Sprite As A Kid In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.