Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,869 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood (35300 Views)

The Fabulous Life Of Aki & Pawpaw And Their Exotic Lifestyles (photos) / How Aki & Pawpaw Were Embarrassed In Italy / Psquare, Aki & Pawpaw & Bracket Duo In A Private Jet Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by obnna: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2010
I am happy people are so irritated the same way i am with those old men.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by topup: 1:25am On Jul 12, 2010
I understand the parent's concern, however, this is just the way it works. For example I am sure when Britney spears was dancing all pure and then started dancing 'slave 4 u' I'm sure lots of teen girls were following, or how about Vanessa Carlton in Disney HSM, but then in real life releasing nude pictures of herself.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by desktop: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2010
At the beginning of all the movies,and even on the cases for the movies as well there usually is this thing called censorship guide, abi?
If the complaining parents are really not just embarrassing themselves i think they should adhere to them and stop trying to use the poor chaps as leverage to disturb people.
illiteracy is still a disease
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2010
why would you even allow your kids watch nigerian films , ? or any film they shouldnt watch ?

you have to learn how to sacrifice , when you want to watch TV and they are dere put them first , watch cartoons with them, watch educational stuff with them, etc

you can watch your stuff when they r asleep or out etc,

you have to show kids the way to go

its whatyou expose them to that they know about !!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by sayso: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2010
thank GOD my is not an addict to that retard movies,so the kids will follow suit.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by oisehumen(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2010
What an excuse from parents who have woefully failed to bring up their children in a good way.
I see this as rubbish. They should bury their heads in shame.

As parents, are we not supposed to monitor our kids in watching movies on telly?
What kind of parents are they anyway, that allow their kids to select and watch movies on telly freely?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by software(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2010
i think the role as kids is best for them, they act better and it makes more sense, I think their producers and directors should be cautioned.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by jmoore(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2010
acting is acting

so if a real kid acts a role of a kid in a film. whats the difference?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by software(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2010
jmoore:

acting is acting

so if a real kid acts a role of a kid in a film. whats the difference?

acting is not acting, common sense should be adopted,
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by alexmark: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2010
Ariant nonsense! Then stop your kid from watchin there movies
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by kobikwelu(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
are those parents really serious

they are blaming aki and pawpaw

call it lack of responsibility , i call it shifting blame for failure
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by duno: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2010
Nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by coschuks(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
That's why we have kids movies or kiddies as it's been called, so allowing ur children to watch those movies is the parents palava. not AKI and PAW-PAW 'S problem, after all it's clearly written on the packet '18+'. so blame the parents and not aki and paw-paw.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by 1989Succy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
The entire nollywood is a mess.how can they be allowing those two old men to influence our children in a negative way instead of in a positive way.their movies should be properly checked by those in authority.
Parents should check the kind of movies their children watch because many of their movies are not rated.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by trekkie: 2:12am On Jul 13, 2010
rubbish. parents who should know better. is it not because they themselves indulge in such movies that their kids get the opportunity to watch them? let them continue they are only exposing themselves. like the story of the kid who was asked to sing a special song at a church and on getting the microphone the child started singing
"kon ko below,
eh below
pade mi ni sale ". that song by lagbaja
it's what he was exposed to at home so they should just shut up and discipline their kids.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ud4u: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2010
That incription (18) on movies signifies what? so I wonder how parents should be allowing their children to watch every movie and placing ban on some actors.

It does not make sense.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Meldrick(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2010
ud4u:

That incription (18) on movies signifies what? so I wonder how parents should be allowing their children to watch every movie and placing ban on some actors.

It does not make sense.

Ohhhh!!!! You just took away what I wanted to say from my mouth. God bless you.

Those parents are a dissapointing. I see no reason why they should expose their children to all channels. There are channels meant for kids e.t.c Cartoon Network, kid co e.t.c. Even most Nigerian films are boldly specified on the age limit (16 or 18). Some insist on parental guidance.
The parents should admit they have failed in the area of bringing up their children and leave Aki and Paw Paw to enjoy their profession.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by distincty: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
THIS IS TYPICAL NONSENSE, even parents are to sit their kids down when watching films, and as they watch the film they should tell their kids the good and the bad of it, al least, if we watch film that they do evil in it, it has repercussion, so the parents should be able to tell their kids that if u do this kind of thing, that is how the end is going to be, an adage says, 'ile la tin ko eshi ro de', parents should not hold Aki and Pawpaw's roll responsible for the way their kids live, train ur kids in the way of the lord
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by edicolove: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
I read a lot of blogs on foreign sites and enjoy the discussions. But i find that when i come over to Naija sites, i see a lot of unintelligent posts. The parents are right. I do agree that they can act whatever they like but these home videos are shown on public TV stations, not only on DSTV. They are sold in the open market for an affordable N150, something that many kids can afford, they can be borrowed from Video rentals, how can parents monitor all these. Abroad, these children will not be able to purchase them or rent them and it will never be shown on public TV stations. So the parents are right. AIT, MITV, etc all show these videos and they even show them during the day on slots that children can easily watch while their parents are busy. What do you expect the parents to do? ban their children from watching TV altogether? lets be reasonable. Modern television is probably one of the most influential tool in society. even more influential than our schools. Lets be reasonable
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by clemcykul(f): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2010
wat happened to cartoons?

must the child watch adult films? afterall the movies are meant for 18 and above, the parents have no excuse watsoever!

rabbish!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Princessty(f): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2010
imple dont let ur children watch it everyone has 2 grow up sometime jus becuz dey watch it doesnt mean they sud do it ive been watching all these shows with sex in them and i dont do it
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by trekkie: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
let them stop griping and do some parenting
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by belelikfin(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
This duo are actor's they play someone else not necessary themselves, so you better know that they are looking for there daily bread.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by OkwyRose: 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
I cannot, repeat cannot stand those guys{ gary colemans}, however they need to earn a living and who are we to tell them how to do so legally.

NIGERIAN PARENTS SHOULD RAISE THEIR OWN KIDS, LET US NOT BE TOO AMERICANISED.

wia dem see light to dey wtach movies bikonu?!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Bobybarny(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2010
u know there is warning on every label abt the ages to watch these serties of movies so when u parent see such warning they shoul let their children flee.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Ranoscky(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Edicolove

I don't think that's a reasonable idea for parents blaming aki n pawpaw for the corrption of their children.

they (the parents) should all be jailed for giving birth to children when they know they can't take care of them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry / Yemi Alade Poses With Yvonne Chakachaka / Omotola Advises Against Post Comparing Chioma Akpotha, Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.