Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 (13177 Views)

Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy / A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
For some reasons, i decided to go to the Russia.
The current world cup played a very big role in decision making but i have always wanted to go to Russia. I have been to almost everywhere else in Europe except Russia, therefore the FIFA World Cup was a big opportunity to travel around Russia.

First of all, i bought a match ticket from Fifa and got my FAN ID (note that FAN ID is the official visa to Russia for World Cup) sent to me in Abuja. After picking up the FAN ID, i knew it was time for another adventure in another world.

Fasten your seatbelt. It's time to see Russia as it is.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by DRISKLEF(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Wow. Do keep us posted.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by michlins(m): 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Clicked on the follow button already
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Alhajiemeritus: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2018
following. I saw the pics when you landed in Russia
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by SunFlow(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
This Thread gonna be lit Mazi Zuby77 ekenem gi.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Firstinline(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Following bumper to bumper.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by kelvin1191(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
Russian babes will be drilliled by ozo-igbo ndu1 of berlin. but oga zubby, is dat u on d pic?
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by chukslawrence(m): 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
From the BOSS
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by KendrickAyomide: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
kiss
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Departure Port, MM International Lagos.

Like i have always done each time i wanted to fly, i went to the Airport early. I was going to fly Turkish airways.
From my research, Turkey seems to be closer to Russia than all other international airlines flying from Lagos.
Lufthansa was a no no. Not interested in going to Germany. Besides Lufthansa and other major European airlines are pretty expensive. At 445,000 naira, i got Turkey. But some airlines charged as high as 800,000 naira. Since i was going to do a lot of flying and hotel lodging inside Russia, it was prudent that i started saving as much as i could from the beginning.
So it was Turkey airlines >> Lagos - Istanbul - Moscow..settled.

... After checking-in my single luggage, i gave some naira to the lady who handled it - atleast she politely asked.
Straight to immigration checkpoint, i was directed to one old man in particular whom they said handles the FIFA FAN ID Travellers. The moment i was directed to him, i knew something was fishy.

He brought out one list of names and threw it in front of me.
"Is your name on this list?" he fired.
I smiled. "What list is that Sir?"

"Are you asking me a question on top of the one i asked you? His face changed. Silly uneducated rogues and Small time criminals. Taking criminal advantage of whatever position they found themselves.

" If your name is not here, you are not going to Russia. All the money you spent will be a waste".

A look at the top of the list and I saw Super Eagles Supporters Club.

"But sir, this is the list of government sponsored supporters club. I am not one of them, i am sponsoring myself to Russia to support my country. So if you stop me from crossing here, the appropriate authorties will know about this". I said.

"Are you threatening me?" he asked.
I looked up at him, "It is a shame if you see it that way, but i dont care. I am still in Nigeria, so i am not stranded yet".

"Just find us something and go your way". He said.
Other people were behind me and they knew i was not going to let anyone jump ahead. Some of them were going ro Russia too. I would have normally given these rogues some money and continue but i wanted to give voice to the younger people behind me. I was sure some of them struggled to buy flight ticket ro Russia. Atleast they needed to know the forged list was thrash.

Well, i opened my small hand bag and brought out 5000 naira, handed it to the old man and said, "I am just giving you this as help. Stop this stealing you people do here at the airport".

I was eventually stamped off to go to Russia. But before then, there was the custom too, the NDLEA and one other group who all saw when i paid immigration. They all believed it was their right to be paid too. And this happens everyday in a country we believe would become good in the near future. It was just a shame.

Fast forward, i arrived in Moscow Vnukovo International Airport the following day, cleared immigration without paying a dime, picked my Iceland vs Nigeria match ticket and the collection center there at the airport before taking a taxi to a hotel recommended by a friend.

Pix..
With the Colombians,
With the Egyptian and Peruvian
At the Cathedral of St.. Something
With a Mexican

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Braket: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
ZUBY77:
Departure Port, MM International Lagos.

The great Zuby. Loyal follower reporting from Deutschland
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 5:36am On Jun 16, 2018
The hotel was small compared to what i expected. They charged about 1800 Rub ( about 30$ or 10,000 naira) per room. The room they gave me has four small beds but since i paid for the entire room, i asked them not to swnd another person to the place. I liked to be alone when on the road.

The following morning, i searched online for a new hotel near the city center, paid with my GTbank mastercard, called a cab and drove there.

At this new hotel, i was to share the room with a Brazilian man. I didnt know this while booking but it has happened already. Good news was that there was a big metal box where i could lock my things.
I collected the key of the metal box, opened my luggage, picked out my Jean shirt which has two pockets in front, (reason i adopted it. I always wants my valuables to be in front of me) put the dollars i came with in the pockets, took mu passport and FAN ID, locked the luggage, pushed it inside the metal box, locked it and left for Red Square and Kremlin, the Russian seat of power.

The Red square was buzzing with foreigners, the entire world was there in Moscow, therefore i knew i picked the best time foe this journey.

The first thing i noticed was that everyone from evwry country wanted my Nigeria Jersey. They loved it. They offered money in exchange but then i needed it too. So they just took pictures with me and left.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Chicent(m): 5:50am On Jun 16, 2018
following you boss.... bringing Russia at our faces.
ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin... Tuale sir

14 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Deejay1000(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2018
ZUBY77 you inspire me in ways I can't explain keep it up boss happy stay in Russia
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mr Zuby77, please keep it coming sir.

I'm so loving your narrative.

You'll need to update us about the atmosphere at the stadium when Nigeria meets Croatia.

Thank you.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
There at the red square, I started making friends from all over the world. People from Australia, Germany, France, USA, Wanted to meet up. Everyone was just excited. USA did not qualify for the tournament but you could see them all over the place.
My first set or friends were JASPER from Florida who showed me the picture of his girlfriend as if she is the best thing on earth, ART the traveler from California who said he has been on the road since March and ROGER from Orlando was supporting Colombia since USA failed to qualify.
Our first meet up point was an expensive bar opposite the red square building where I was sitting quietly paying attention to a Brazilian chic and contemplating my next move.
"Hey, what's up man, I love Nigerian Jersey. Its the best" that was Jasper, as he pointed at my shirt.
I smiled and nodded.
"Can we join you? This is Art and Roger, we all met up here" he continued.

I nodded and asked them to join me. That ended the Brazilian girl illusion and interest.
They called the bartender, ordered beer for all of us and we started partying out of nothing. The next beer order was from me. I had converted some 2000 US dollars and had about 125,000 Russian Rupees, so no shaking, I was ready to show them yanks that even though I was from Africa, I was still the Boss.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by uncjay(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
This man Zubby.... you've arrive again. boss I just dey hail u ooo. when it comes to the power of narration, descriptive tendency and expressive accuracy, boss u gat it all. one of my admired writer here on Nairaland.

11 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by daamazing(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Haha.. The boss himself
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by tugrow(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sharp boss
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Chicent(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
boss am in Russia already with all this.... well done boss.

6 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by seunny4lif(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Keep us updated now grin

1 Like

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Currently at the Stadium to watch Nigeria vs Croatia.
But there are lots of things to write before this stage.
We will get to that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by ZUBY77(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
Seated inside the Stan now. Bring it on Eagles

13 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by aleshsenior2000(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nice one.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by paschal47(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
ZUBY77:
Seated inside the Stan now. Bring it on Eagles

Zuby77, we cbo guys dey wait for you. Abi you go share us dollars for our group? grin grin grin

Ride on boss. Solidly behind you

6 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by xest(m): 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
I site u baba, up eagles
ccZUBBY77
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by AngelicBeing: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
cool
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by JWTheocracy1: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
I just saw you waving your mouphler now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by mavinc4u(f): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
Abeg zubby77 come and tell us what happened to those guys in the field. I am happy I changed my mind from buying the ticket because those guys just messed up big time. I just felt like entering the television to give them a serious spank.

3 Likes

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Lucasbalo(m): 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
seunny4lif:
Keep us updated now grin
Mr libya, as much love as you have for Pootin and Russia, surprise you are not in Russia now. Why please. Ask your other comrades why are they not in Russia to support your lord Pootin. Lol.
Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by seunny4lif(m): 12:05am On Jun 17, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Mr libya, as much love as you have for Pootin and Russia, surprise you are not in Russia now. Why please. Ask your other comrades why are they not in Russia to support your lord Pootin. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 by Lucasbalo(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2018
seunny4lif:

Just asking. You are still my buddy though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Things That Make You A Bad Driver / Ibom Air Today Celebrate One Million Passengers / Pls Is Dis Driver Licence Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.