Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time (95870 Views)

Musa! Man Of The Match - Nigerian Vs Iceland (World Cup 2018) / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by hoopLA: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iamthoney:
So yesterday was the first time Ronaldo was playing a world cup match abi? Messi had a bad day like every other big players do sometimes. Did you watched the last world cup? no other Argentina player scored more than a goal but he scored 4 times...Before yesterday Ronaldo had just 3 world cup goals now he has 6 so stop saying Messi haven't been raising his game for Argentina. Portugal are a better team than Argentina.. without Ronaldo for most of the game at the last euro final they still defeated France...they are more organized than Argentina. When Messi don't turn up for Argentina they become bunch of mediocres. They narrowly qualified to this world cup because of Him. The team don't play to his strength...it's sad this might just be his last outing with his national team
Another dumb response.

The supposed best player in the world can't raise his team to beat a debutant team made up of a good number of Part timers.

Now the 5 times World best player in the world is waiting for the team to be built around his strengths instead of leading them to world titles like Maradona did in 86

No disrespect but all I see above are excuses for Messi.
With all the talent Messi has around him he can't perform. At least Portugal doesn't have the personnel Argentina possesses yet they have won one continental trophy and finished runner up in another.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Iamthoney(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
maynia:

That's why they haven't won aNY international trophy before?

And that's why Spain thrash them for friendly 5--1
Ooh just remembered Messi didnt play that day
Argentina have won the world cup and Copa America before Sir so which other international trophy are you talking about?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I don't think we can beat them. They might not have the players, but they are a well drilled team. We would see shaa

Anything can happen...

First, when they play us, they won’t be so defensive minded.

So we might have a “open” game.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by mikron(m): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
XingXhang:

Listen...

Kun Aguero (ManCity)
Higuain (Juventus)
Icardi(Inter Milan)
Di Maria (PSG)
Tevez
Dybala

Haba...Give CR7 just Icardi and Aguero, Portugal will win world cup.
icardi is not in the Argentine team. Be guided
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Emmwizy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Expect the unexpected in this WORLD CUP #Kvng of Savages
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Bahddo(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
justiniyke29:
so if a man has 3 sons they will all bear his name abi?
yes. Brothers bear the same surname.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
sirchim:
you cn say that to ur likes, nt to LEGENDS like PELE, MARADONA, RONALDINHO, LOW JOACHIM, HENRY etc that understood, the round leather game, better than you n I.

Ronaldo is better than Messi

Everyone knows that, even you sir
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Martinez19(m): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Bahddo:
You mean names like Nani? Andre Gomez? Pepe?
Don't argue with stupid people.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Martinez19(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Auladimeji:
He played shit today, buh let's hope he picks up and come back stronger.
This doesn't mean it's over, he's had worst days than this and bounced back stronger.
We still believe in you # Messi
if it were Ronaldo, you would be lambasting him. *yimu*
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by imam07: 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iamthoney:
Argentina have won the world cup and Copa America before Sir so which other international trophy are you talking about?
Did Argentina win world cup with Messi? Answer me now.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by IeatPussy: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Messi and Ronaldo fans just turn this thread to wrestlemania. grin grin

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by babony1: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
MrEgghead:
Let's stop using penalties to compare these great guys..Any footballer can miss it at any point in time..
I 100% agree with you, any player could miss it, but either missed or converted it will still be part of any footballer's profile.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by babony1: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
IeatPussy:
Messi and Ronaldo fans just turn this thread to wrestlemania. grin grin

lol.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by kinzation(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
bankylan:

Lol.....If only Messi is aware of what he did to the struggling guy ......the guy has probably promised himself a shirt and a Jean before Messi dashed his hope.
Messi nngbo o ma wa da nnkan le bayiigrin but bro u soppoz know say Iceland na tough nutto crack
.Argentina can't win
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by mayor1814: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
This Iceland team is really determined. That keeper is my man of d match. Super eagles abeg stop slaying with ur jersey n tracksuit n get to business. It tym for serious bizy on d pitch, no more slaying.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iamthoney:

With this current team?
What has messi achived with argentina
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by imam07: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Iamthoney:
So yesterday was the first time Ronaldo was playing a world cup match abi? Messi had a bad day like every other big players do sometimes. Did you watched the last world cup? no other Argentina player scored more than a goal but he scored 4 times...Before yesterday Ronaldo had just 3 world cup goals now he has 6 so stop saying Messi haven't been raising his game for Argentina. Portugal are a better team than Argentina.. without Ronaldo for most of the game at the last euro final they still defeated France...they are more organized than Argentina. When Messi don't turn up for Argentina they become bunch of mediocres. They narrowly qualified to this world cup because of Him. The team don't play to his strength...it's sad this might just be his last outing with his national team
Mumu reasoning. I don't have much energy to type I wld have answered u.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Ode
Who said Müeller was better?
Don't you know what the word "perspective" means?
I brought Müeller in to show how relatively poorMessi has been by the standards he set for himself in winning 5 World player of the year titles.
But dullards like you will misread, misinterprete and generally miss the point I am making.

Ronaldo not impressive?
Someone who has scored in 8 consecutive major tournaments. Oldest player to bag a hat trick ina World Cup.Someone with a European championship medal and one runner-up medal?

Ogbeni you don't have to quote me.

Then compare Messi's Barca record to Mueller's Bayern Munchen record... lul!

We all know he is not performing well with the National team in terms of goals but he is still a great player compared to Mueller cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol.
These Messimaniacs will say anything.

They won't remind you how he blew their Copa America chances with another penalty miss vsChile in the 2016 finals.

But he performed well till they reach final. Luck!
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Opinionated: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by LeoFish92(m): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:

You may have a point but I'm saying Messi still hasn't largely delivered at the international stage.

I could even argue that if you take him out of the National side it would force them to become better.

I brought the Ronaldo comparison because I only wanted to highlight the role of a talisman in a side. Ronaldo did all he could to make sure Portugal did not lose to a recent World Cup winner. Messi could not do anything to lift his side from drawing with World Cup debutants.

Messi has a grand total of 5 World Cup goals in all his appearances. Let that sink in. Thomas Müeller scored 5 in each of his two appearances in the same stage.

Messi cannot absolve himself of the malaise in that Argentina side.

And for the record Argentina have lots of strikers they could have used. Icardi didn't even go to Russia in spite of his play this season

The way you've been going about this your argument, as if Messi must score a hattrick because Ronaldo did....

Football is all about circumstances, Ronaldo Scored one freekick yesterday after how many previous attempts?

Remind me how many goals Ronaldo scored against this same Iceland when they met at the Euros,

Argentina even made it to the World Cup cos of Messi, don't roast him cos of one bad game.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by naturalwaves: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
I always tell people that penalty is not an easy thing to play but people insult Ronaldo and call him Penaldo. Look at the rubbish penalty Messi played.... A type of penalty that once a good keeper gets the sides, he can save it. Now, compare that with what Ronaldo played against Juventus?? Respect for Penaldo. Messi was just too casual. We saw how determined Ronaldo was yesterday and how furious he was when things weren't getting on well cos he feels they weren't creating enough chances. Messi on the other hand, seems to be less concerned. What could be wrong?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
mayor1814:
This Iceland team is really determined. That keeper is my man of d match. Super eagles abeg stop slaying with ur jersey n tracksuit n get to business. It tym for serious bizy on d pitch, no more slaying.

I am telling you Super Eagles won't get a goal against them. Better still a draw!
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
LeoFish92:

The way you've been going about this your argument, as if Messi must score a hattrick because Ronaldo did....

Football is all about circumstances, Ronaldo Scored one freekick yesterday after how many previous attempts?

Remind me how many goals Ronaldo scored against this same Iceland when they met at the Euros,

Argentina even made it to the World Cup cos of Messi, don't roast him cos of one bad game.

Help me tell HoopLA o. Make i just see Portugal should draw the other two match
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by uncjay(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
ezo4fta:
This is why u didn't write Jamb exam because u where scared of the exams even before the exam day... with dis ur attitude u won't go far.... am sorry to say this. All u aught to be thinking is what stop u from becoming Nigeria Messi. Think of Wat u can do to represent ur country. Anu-ofia

Pessimists all over Nigeria....... Can u imagine that clone talk. pls we should support our boys. besides they are also watching the matches and can see that the WC is really tough from the onset, so they should be determined with a winning mind and better defence. God bless 9ja.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by Cointrader: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
justiniyke29:
so if a man has 3 sons they will all bear his name abi?

What are you saying?

What name would they bear before?

Those names ending with -son or -dottir are SURNAMES.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by hoopLA: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Horlaboy51:

Then compare Messi's Barca record to Mueller's Bayern Munchen record... lul!

We all know he is not performing well with the National team in terms of goals but he is still a great player compared to Mueller cheesy
Lol.
This dense thing filling up my mentions.

You no get sense walahi.

Go and check the meaning of the word "perspective" then apply it to why I brought in Müeller

You are beyond daft. Let me guess. A product of handout education.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by hoopLA: 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
LeoFish92:

Negroe
Stop being a hypocrite

If Messi scored a hat trick and Ronaldo missed a penalty and ended up scoreless, irrespective of the opposition, I'm sure we won't see this useless epistle from you. It is your type who will tell us how Messi is the GOAT without an international title.

It must be pretty hard seeing Messi sleepwalk through another drab performance in the World Cup so you must become professorial to explain why Messi can't beat a part time film maker from 12yards; as if Messi hasn't had a history of blowing opportunities at international level.

You asked me to remind you how many goalsRonaldo scored against Iceland. At least he willed his team to win that Tournament and he didn't miss from 12yards.

Messi couldn't even hit target from three free kicks. Ronaldo scored to bring his team level against the best keeper in the world.

Stop being butt hurt and hopeMessi is inspired to play well against Croatia instead of this sad platter of excuses you are serving here.

Ronaldo showed you how it's done and Messi went on ghost mode. Simples.
If you can't accept it, tough luck.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by hoopLA: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Horlaboy51:

Help me tell HoopLA o. Make i just see Portugal should draw the other two match
Please stop filling my mentions with useless posts.

You haven't said anything of note all day.

Leave me alone.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by somehow: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
hoopLA:
@somehow,
Messi has a history of bottling big time at the international big stage.

No be today.

Like he bottled against Nigeria U20 shey?

Like he bottled in the finals against Germany and made higuain and the rest waste all the chances given to them?

Like he bottled by scoring and beating Nigeria 3:2 in brazil?

Well you have the right to your opinion so let me stop here.
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by somehow: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
blaise26abj:

But As long as Messi can score, he is expected to pull his weight when the need arises. He can’t aspire to be the greatest of all times and not prove it when his national team and nation need him to. Even if he doesn’t score , he can create chances. I’m sure You will agree with me that a team can be centered around a player. A playmaker. If he is really that good, he should be able to play that role well.

As to your point that he doesn’t have support system in Argentina, did you look at the argentine players? He has the support system sir. My point is he is so used to the Barca style that he doesn’t look invincible outside of it.

See, I haven’t mentioned Ronaldo. cheesy cheesy

Since he said he's been poor and has got suppprt, how come the " support" not bailing the team out yet expect him to do it always?
Re: Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time by somehow: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
blackaxe78:

He is doing no work!

The team has been built around him.

Your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sudan : AFCON 2021 : 3 - 1 On 15th January 2022 / Hiba Abouk: I Need Time To Digest The Shock – Hakimi’s Wife Breaks Silence / Sierra Leone Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 17th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.