Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos (39998 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by philip0906(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2018
Gerrard59:
How many per line? Hope it won't be more than the required number (E.g. Five instead of four?). However, it doesn't override my suggestion of a a train network in the state.

A city with more than 20 million residents without an efficient train network doesn't make sense to me.
I'm just laughing at people singing useless praises...It defies 21st century common sense, that a city with over 20 million inhabitants, doesn't have at worst, a functional metro system.

The aggressive plans and efforts being put into littering the already congested roads with buses, should have been put into putting rail tracks around the city.

It's just unfortunate that we celebrate mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 16, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take on this?
All my fcks were stolen.
So, I have none to give.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by giles14(m): 7:20am On Jun 16, 2018
olagbola55:

Can your innoson produce 8600unit at a go?
stop dis shit.

where in the world would you order for a whooping 8600 vehicles and you will receive at a go.

if Nigeria can over come
TRIBALISM
NEPOTISM
RELIGION EXTREMISM

then we are ready to go.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by willibounce1(m): 7:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Jozibrainz99:

Do all Lagosians go out at the same time?

The question should be do you live in lagos at all?
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2018
kinggenesis:
Good development.

Na so I enter one danfo (yellow bus) last week Friday, all of us inside the danfo turned to prayer warrior. grin

If you never enter danfo, you no go understand. cheesy

Bru ha ha ha ha..........

Danfo na special brand o!
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by giles14(m): 7:22am On Jun 16, 2018
OneCorner:

Sorry my ipob brothers. Ambode just enta our trap and wat we wee do for him ehn. Make we first write letter go ICC and Donald Trump to sanction ambode grin
commonsense u no go get
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by jarkbauer: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
I support evicting danfo from the major roads.

Well I will direct their chairman to your office when they become jobless. Kindly give them what to eat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by willibounce1(m): 7:23am On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

USELESS, VISIONLESS Governor Ambode!
Instead of him to focus and develop a Metro line (the type of small-small trains that run on Elelctromagnetic field that you see in Europe), the clown is poluting the environment with more Buses that use Petrol and produce carbonmonoxide!

The Metroline can take twenty times what a Marcopolo Bus can take, runs faster, runs cleaner, runs more reliable and comes very cheap for the public to board.

Just look at how dirty Lagos is TODAY, three years after Ambode took-over a clean lagos from ex-Governor Fashola, with his useless slogan of "dirtier-lagos"? angry angry

I keep sayng it, Ambode is all effezy and no substance.
undecided undecided

BTW: It is not the job of Ambode's Govt to use #30Billion of tax-payers money to fund a transport system that will be kaput in less than five years from now! Govt is just supposed to set-up regulations/standards ..... and let private Enterpreneurs invest by buying bus to such standards and run it profitably.
But then, we all know that like Govt Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) which later transformed to Obasanjo farms Nigeria (OFN), the Buses are incorporated by 'fronts' of Ambode and it is more like using tax-payers money to start their own side-business.
SCAMMERS!!

Thank you oo. Ambode is setting up his personal business with tax payers money and as usual the gullible lagosians are hailing the scammer. Their eyes go soon clear
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Bossmd: 7:24am On Jun 16, 2018
kinggenesis:
Good development.

Na so I enter one danfo (yellow bus) last week Friday, all of us inside the danfo turned to prayer warrior. grin

If you never enter danfo, you no go understand. cheesy

Those Danfo Drivers are always on Codeine Diet grin
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2018
jarkbauer:

Well I will direct their chairman to your office when they become jobless. Kindly give them what to eat.

as usual you wan take me shine grin

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by jarkbauer: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

USELESS, VISIONLESS Governor Ambode!
Instead of him to focus and develop a Metro line (the type of small-small trains that run on Elelctromagnetic field that you see in Europe), the clown is poluting the environment with more Buses that use Petrol and produce carbonmonoxide!

The Metroline can take twenty times what a Marcopolo Bus can take, runs faster, runs cleaner, runs more reliable and comes very cheap for the public to board.

Just look at how dirty Lagos is TODAY, three years after Ambode took-over a clean lagos from ex-Governor Fashola, with his useless slogan of "dirtier-lagos"? angry angry

I keep sayng it, Ambode is all effezy and no substance.
undecided undecided

BTW: It is not the job of Ambode's Govt to use #30Billion of tax-payers money to fund a transport system that will be kaput in less than five years from now! Govt is just supposed to set-up regulations/standards ..... and let private Enterpreneurs invest by buying bus to such standards and run it profitably.
But then, we all know that like Govt Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) which later transformed to Obasanjo farms Nigeria (OFN), the Buses are incorporated by 'fronts' of Ambode and it is more like using tax-payers money to start their own side-business.
SCAMMERS!!

What is the opposition doing. I just Taya for PDP in this Lagos.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by MicroBox: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2018
ehinmowo:
It's as if God himself is smiling down on Lagos. D state is progressing so much dt Lagosians dnt care abt the amt of money stolen by her leaders. Dts wot happens wen leaders do their jobs-their iniquities are overlooked.

Kano would hv been at par or even better if nt two things.

1. Though not strigent, bt Sharia is active in dt state. U can NEVER have meanful development in a state dt is under strigent religious control. Ask Saudi, Qatar and UAE.

2. D erratic nature of most states in northern Nigeria. Ethnic and religious fight can brk out anytime.

Sheria is active in which state?
I bet you are not in Kano or don't even know the road to kano . Kano is catching up at a faster pace too, tackling the most essential need of the people.
You better start considering Kano as the next place for your business destination. The rate at which people migrate to Kano even from other African countries is so alarming. 2025 might be late, act now.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Daboomb: 7:27am On Jun 16, 2018
giles14:
stop dis shit.

where in the world would you order for a whooping 8600 vehicles and you will receive at a go.

if Nigeria can over come
TRIBALISM
NEPOTISM
RELIGION EXTREMISM

then we are ready to go.

Nna, Charity begins at HOME!

Ask The Young Shall Grow, Ekene Dilli Chukwu and many other Igbo dominated Luxury Bus transport Business, why they are not patronising INNOSON Motors.

or are igbo s and Igbos business tribalistic, nopotistic and religiously extremist towards their fellow Igbo Innosson?
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by giles14(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

Dont mind all these Piglets with "Victim mentality".
Yoruba progress is giving them nightmares. grin grin

Let him go and ask Ekene Dilli Chukwu, The Young Shall Grow and many other Igbo Transport companies why they are all buying made in brazil or germany Buses (Marcopolo or Benz)...... and not Innosson Bus.

If Igbo transport operators dont trust their own Innosson product, na Yoruba suppose to carry the thing for head, because na Yoruba kill Jesus, right?
Abeg, Charity begins at home.
undecided undecided
just have some question for you do innoson produce luxurious buses ?
does innosin produce metro buses
do Igbo transport operator us metro buses for their operation.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by jarkbauer: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

as usual you wan take me shine grin

You are suffering from grandiosity. Always thinking you are important. You are just a mechanic and a uber driver. Shoir.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2018
jarkbauer:

You are suffering from grandiosity. Always thinking you are important. You are just a successful mechanic and a uber driver/fleet owner of over 10vehicles . Shoir.

and you are? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by irokop(m): 7:37am On Jun 16, 2018
philip0906:

I'm just laughing at people singing useless praises...It defies 21st century common sense, that a city with over 20 million inhabitants, doesn't have at worst, a functional metro system.

The aggressive plans and efforts being put into littering the already congested roads with buses, should have been put into putting rail tracks around the city. I hope it last shaa

It's just unfortunate that we celebrate mediocrity.

You have a point here, however if they build metro rails they wouldn't steal enough now!

1 Like

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2018
Mynd44:

Your quest to make anything tribal is just weird.

The last time I checked, even inter-city transport companies owned by Nigerians of Igbo decent hardly buy innoson. Do they also hate Igbos?

Have you thought about the possibility that marcopolo is cheaper?
Considered that Innoson might not be able to meet up with their demands?

I would have fired back a better reply but is not necessary........

I can't risk this account now.....i need it to discuss Nigeria and Croatia match today.

but I won't fail to quickly remind you that it is worthless defending a glaring truth.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Daboomb: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2018
jarkbauer:

What is the opposition doing. I just Taya for PDP in this Lagos.

The opposition PDP has lost its credibility.
To be honest, just as "Xerox" was synonymous with photocopy ...that name PDP is synonymous with Corruption and Ineptitude.

They need to rebrand and change name.

but on a more serious note, we dont have any opposition, in Nigerian politics.

Just look at APC today, is it not peopled with the same thieves formerly in PDP (save the ones that are still smirting from loosing their ATM Cards)?
Look at the way Politicians cross-carpet from APC to PDP, then back to APC...... just anywhere they think they can see Govt money and position to loot!

No, there is no opposition and the average Nigerian is too concerned about "my people, my party, my religion, my tribe"..... to vote across party lines or even support an independent candidate or one from a lesser known party.

The level of ignorance amongst the masses, is really appalling.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by centilad(m): 7:44am On Jun 16, 2018
Who determines the bus fares - NURTW, Ministry of Transportation or Bus Conductors themselves?

Most esp @rush hours of early morning or evening.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by jaxxy(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take on this?

Its a lovely initiative and wud greatly change the transport perception of lagos by giving it a more modern outlook befitting a mega city.

However for this to be effective we need good roads, active and routine maintenance, good road network and alternative means of transportation arrnd lagos to take off the pressure from the buses and a traffic solution system.

These danfo get bad due to plying bad roads and become nuisances because they trying to beat traffic and get us to our destination quicker so for this to work there must be a traffic solution or people will hv to recalibrate their journey time using these new buses.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
I give these buses 5 months ahead.They will become the danfo buses.Have you guys not seen uncle fashola brt buses presently as they have become rickety like molue?
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Daboomb: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2018
giles14:
just have some question for you do innoson produce luxurious buses ?
does innosin produce metro buses
do Igbo transport operator us metro buses for their operation.

Good question!

What stops Innosson from producing Luxury Buses seeing that his people have a high demand for it?
What stops him from producing Mini Buses, looking at the demand for it?

When he chose to produce SUV, where he does nto have comparative advantage, compared to the likes of Toyota, Nissan and Mercedes, who is to blame?

Finally, why are you blaming Yorubas for buying Marcopolo from Brazil if truly you know and accept that Innosson does not produce such buses? angry angry

You see, you cant probate and approbate at th same time.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by oooduancalmdown: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2018
OneCorner:

Sorry my ipob brothers. Ambode just enta our trap and wat we wee do for him ehn. Make we first write letter go ICC and Donald Trump to sanction ambode grin
I like that he did not buy the bus from Innoson before he begins his 'is it because I am ibo victim mentality tune'
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

Nna, Charity begins at HOME!

Ask The Young Shall Grow, Ekene Dilli Chukwu and many other Igbo dominated Luxury Bus transport Business, why they are not patronising INNOSON Motors.

or are igbo s and Igbos business tribalistic, nopotistic and religiously extremist towards their fellow Igbo Innosson?
grin grin grin
But you know say na APC dey preach buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria.
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by oooduancalmdown: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2018
This Ambode is a failure. How can 5000 buses be enough to replace danfo? This guy lacks foresight. A pathetic failure
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by ehinmowo: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2018
MicroBox:

Sheria is active in which state?
I bet you are not in Kano or don't even know the road to kano . Kano is catching up at a faster pace too, tackling the most essential need of the people.
You better start considering Kano as the next place for your business destination. The rate at which people migrate to Kano even from other African countries is so alarming. 2025 might be late, act now.

I hv been to Kano. And u nid to get ur facts right b4 u start quoting me. I hv gone all d states practicing Sharia in Nigeria, starting with Zamfara (d first to start)

Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by SIRTee15: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2018
OneCorner:

Guy I'm from ogun state...Ok...
But it makes no sense ordering over 5000 buses from overseas when there are alternatives here in this country....
Or better still partner with Marco polo to haves those buses assembled here in naija....
Think about the rippled economic effect of that....
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Gap2020(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

Dont mind all these Piglets with "Victim mentality".
Yoruba progress is giving them nightmares. grin grin

Let him go and ask Ekene Dilli Chukwu, The Young Shall Grow and many other Igbo Transport companies why they are all buying made in brazil or germany Buses (Marcopolo or Benz)...... and not Innosson Bus. If private company like GTB can't have smooth relationship with him, why can a state gov trust such organization because all the buses are produced in batches by batches before someone added non supply products in with invoice signed by government official. My take.

If Igbo transport operators dont trust their own Innosson product, na Yoruba suppose to carry the thing for head, because na Yoruba kill Jesus, right?
Abeg, Charity begins at home.
undecided undecided
Re: Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos by Onisokuso1(m): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2018
TDonald:
Good Development

But

What happens to the danfo drivers and their danfo busses, will the Government employ them

Yes they will be trained for the new transport phase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ernest Azudialu-Obiejesi Orders ₦60 Billion Luxury Jet / Collapsed Bridge: 21 Army Recruitment Applicants Die In Jigawa Accident / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.