Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) (1349 Views)

Free Lessons On Mini-importation And Dropshipping For Beginners / How To Make Money Dropshipping In Nigeria Using Shopify Store / Introduction To Dropshipping Business - How To Make Over $3000 - Free Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2018
Dropshipping is nolonger new, alot of nigerians have heard about Shopify and big commerce and have tried using them only to find some limitations like collecting payments and such.

If you will like start your ecommerce website to sell your products, you can also follow, the information here will help you too.

In this series, I will be highlighting points, things you need to do, how to avoid any obstacle and how you can make good money running your ecommerce website.

Note that we won't be using Shopify or big commerce and there is no monthly fee, only set up fee which makes it more cheaper and you will be able to focus on your profit.

If you have some knowledge about dropshipping and will like to start now! Go to https://www.nairaland.com/4505379/what-dropshiping-how-make-huge

As we proceed in the series, you can ask questions, outline challenges so we tackle them together.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
To start selling online, you will need a name for your website, the name can help you make more sales so choose your website name carefully.

Let me explain this more, lets say we have two websites in Nigeria both selling bags, the 1st store name is zamatu.com and the second is bestbags.com

The usual habit of buyers is, going to Google to search for products and they will click on the top results.

The algorithm Google uses will display bestbags.com among the up search results, the reason is kinda complex to explain here but, that is what it is.

You store name should be able to give an idea of what you want to sell. Even if Google still crawl the website to see what it does, the name will help you stand out.

Let say you want to run an online market place, you can use a name like binamart.com the word mart has given an idea of what to expect.

You can also use strange name, like konga, if you have enough advertising credit to make it popular. I personally will expect a website name like AliExpress.com to be a transport company, but..... you get the message.

Bottom line, if you plan on starting small, get a name that reflects what you sell, it will also give your customers and idea of what to expect.

Ask questions about topic, the topic will focus on picking a niche.
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2018
Today we will look at how you can pick a profitable niche that sells fast.

When it comes to making money online, people will tell you that it's better to follow your passion. That's nice, the only issue is, what if most people don't like what you have passion for?

Picking a niche goes beyond just passion, it should be what people are willing to pay for, and that you know something about. Even if you don't know much about it, you should be willing to learn more about it.

That said, the most profitable niche that nigerians can go into without issues are;

1- Fashion
A lot a people buy bags, watches etc online. When it comes to items that appeals to people's emotions generally, it sells. You can also come up with products people buy based on emotions. Product that are useful and appealing to the eye.

2- Movie theme
People buy spider Man, iron Man, Captain America, Batman items from mugs, clothes, shoes etc.... You will be surprised the amount of comic fanatics we have out there... And, they are faithful to it like a religious. Selling comic theme items are highly profitable, especially if you are lucky or meet a group of comic fanatics that will spend hour checking out your store items and sharing it on social media and with friends... You can imagine the amount of items you can sell when that happens.

3- Gadgets
Things like head phones, speakers, Bluetooth speaker, phones and the likes sells. You will always find a market for gadgets. It's almost like the world is going robotic.

This is just a few niche, I will stop there for now, more to come.... Next I will address the issue of your web store, which is your money zone. How to start, which platform to go for as a Nigerian, do you have to pay monthly or yearly... All these in the next post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
Keep questions coming, you will find my number on my signature
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
cheesy
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 6:27am On Jun 30, 2018
Another interesting part of dropshipping is awareness.

You have to tell people about what you do and convince them to buy.

If you have been online long enough, you must have heard about digital marketing. It's simple, just write heading that will catch readers attention.
Also put your link in as many places as possible.

Another tip is, have as many social media accounts for your store as possible. The world is now on social media. You have millions of people using social media daily, your customers are also using them, look for them.

Another way to promote is through Facebook ads, thank God Facebook owns Instagram, so it's easier now. When you place ads on Facebook, you are giving an option to make it show up on Instagram, Which is a good thing, use are many good pictures of your products as possible and make sure they are products that people are already buying, it's easier to make sales that way.

Combining social media marketing together with paid ads can bring you quick success.

Plus, Facebook ads are relatively cheap, you can run ads for as little as 2000 Naira.

Still need help? Use my contact on my signature.
To your success!
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 8:54am On Jun 30, 2018
grin
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
You can also build a market place to sell stuff online, see binamart.com contact me via my signature to start
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Happy business week to you.
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2018
Very true

Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2018
I have been following dropshipping for a while, I'm starting it now.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by corrall(f): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Still trying to understand how drop shipping works and how to relate with the supplier on aliexpress. Will I have an arrangement with the supplier or what? Please explain
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
corrall:
Still trying to understand how drop shipping works and how to relate with the supplier on aliexpress. Will I have an arrangement with the supplier or what? Please explain

No don't really have to relate with them unless you want something special.... Sellers on AliExpress already know that most of their buyers dropship...

The web app used help you automatically import the product you want to sell with a click... So you can actually select any product you can find on AliExpress.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2018
#working and #selling
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
With time, all selling will happen online
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Enter action with boldness.
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
grin
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
Start selling
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by prettygirlflow: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
lawrence35:
Start selling

My store is up ... Receiving views enquires cheesy
Re: All You Need To Know To Start Your Money Making Ecommerce Website (dropshipping) by lawrence35(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2018
It's a new month cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Make 40-70k Monthly Collecting Plastic Wastes / Where To Buy Chemicals For Liquid Soap At Gwagwalada / My Worth-sharing Experience With Flip Cash Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.