Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment (27405 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Faithway10: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2018
From; Amagitesblog.com

A US political commentator, Dana Loesch, has frowned at Chimamanda Adichie’s position on chivalry.

Loesch on Thursday suggested that Adichie, who has been vocal about feminism, “should return to her own country and worry about genital mutilation” instead of calling out sexism in Western culture.

During a Fox TV show, Loesch was asked about Adichie’s appearance on The Daily Show, where she explained the downside of chivalry.

I think gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based,” Adichie had said.

I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry. Because chivalry is really about the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting. But we know that really, there are many women who are stronger than many men.

However, Loesch, who is also the National Rifle Association (NRA) spokesperson, suggested that Adichie did not understand chivalry but should instead focus on “weightier matters” like female genital mutilation which is prevalent in Nigeria.

I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentleman,” Loesch said.

“With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genital mutilation, which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/leave-chivalry-and-worry-about-female-genital-mutilation-in-nigeria-us-activist-to-chimamanda-adichie.html

103 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Bluezy13(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2018
Finally, someone to talk sense into her!

She was given an inch, she thinks taking a mile is best for her, not knowing the number of people standing on the table she was shaking.

Good thing it's coming from a female...
An American at that.

*Modified...

Video of her making the comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRax4jxOBJ0

219 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Issame: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2018
Bluezy13:
Finally, someone to talk sense into her!

She was given an inch, she thinks taking a mile is best for her, not knowing the number of people standing on the table she was shaking.

Good thing it's coming from a female...
An American at that.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by midolian(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2018
People don't know all Chimamanda tried to do with her last controversial comment was damage control. She knew how much damage she caused her reputation with the Hilary interview

31 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Greenbirth: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Sunnynaz: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
She fall our hand dis time around. As if she drank something. The video of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRax4jxOBJ0
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by MrLouisVanGaal1: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Put her in her place..There are better issues to champion with regards to being a woman in Africa than trying to sow some devlish western feminist ideas to some confused women who are looking for educated but not smart people to champion their cause such as this woman.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Donald3d(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Gbam !
People need to understand what true feminism is
Here is my letter to so called feminists :

Ladies and Women, please be guided.
Feminism isn't a battle against men.
It isn't about labelling one gender good/evil or mediocre/superior

Personally, I am a feminist, yup ! and I am a guy !
Feminism doesn't mean you shouldn't carry out certain roles and duties, which you should.

It shouldn't make you rude and uncultured all in the name of being "strong"

Back to the issue of roles, God has made you the female folks-mothers, and there is nothing we can do about it, he gave you breasts, a womb and a passage for babies for a REASON.So, because of all these, a natural responsibilty has been placed on you as a home maker .Roles ! Duties !

Don't let your fight for equality get in the way of your duty.You have to understand that you can't get equality in everything.You have to also understand that there are so many ways you as women are even more superior than men.For example, pain threshold, did you know that women can withstand more pain than men ?, there are so many physical,emotional and pshycological facts I can pull out.

Feminism means, a man should not be given a upper hand in a job/work place etc, because he is a man !, if he is selected, it should be because he is qualified/capable

Heck ! feminism also means you as a woman should'nt be given preference because you are loaded with gigantic mulele in front of you and behind you !.Yes I am a feminist and I would feel cheated as a guy if you are chosen over me because of that, if I am more qualified than you are !.This is true feminism

Moving on, feminism also means when we go out for dinner, I don't have to pay all the time , because "I am a man", you should pay sometimes too !.I should only have to pay ALL THE TIME, if you don't have money, or I choose to, or you don't have a job.Heck !, why don't you have a job !, why don't you have a skill ! !, you are a feminist remember !.Do something with your hands and don't be a liabilty, being a liabilty only makes you an hypocrite and you are not practicing true feminism .!

Having said that, marriage is a little different, men o men !!, your wives are are human beings too, help them out with the kids when they are tired, they are bone and flesh too and they get tired !.Help her cook sometimes.But don't over do it, else you might be turned into a footstool.Respect her and appreciate her efforts, even if its her duty !.She is an helper, not a slave !.You didn't buy her, you married her ! and she married you !.Hence you are partners !

Buy gifts occasionally , celebrate her, make her feel on top of the world , even if its her duty !.

Women, respect your husbands, commend him as well, help him out when he is broke even if "he is the man of the house, and its his responsbility", even if he isn't broke, attempt to shoulder some financial responsibilities sometimes.You are partners !.Appreciate him.Don't just f**king brag about it like most of you do, when you help out financially.

Remember, wisdom is the principal thing, knowledge is light, and love is life.Combine these well and you would be happy

Donald- A fellow feminist.

Let me use this opportunity to tell you about a training I am conducting for those who want to learn how to MAKE MONEY from their BLOGS
I have an ungoing training to help you boost your blog(for those into blogging) and make Money with it easily, if you have been trying and failing at blogging, this training is for you .Check out the link below .There are limited FREE slots available
https://www.nairaland.com/4549363/blogging-everything-single-thing-need

I also develop apps and build websites in case you need my services,kindly don't hesitate to contact me 08124021849

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by henroe2k2(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
For her mind, she don arrive oh..... Dem go wash her there wella....

10 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Sarkin: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chimamanda is a stupid fool

29 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by LazyNairalander(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
I am waiting for Amanda's reply.
check my SIGNATURE
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by collwriters: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yeye people, all of them
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Before you start hating on Chimaamanda, you have to hate on yourself first. Must you side the woman because she attacked CNA?
Okay, check this out...

- She said that female genital mutilation is predominant in Nigeria, how many people still practice that today? How did she confirm it?
- Must it be Adichie that will attack the female genital mutilation? Can't you do that or is your only life on NL? When will you get small sense to know that someone else is speaking her opinion and you are entitled to yours?

Seriously the hate is getting out of hand and she is going higher. The more you hate, the more she meets presidents!

From a loyal fan...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by brixton: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Haha, someone need to put this woman in her position. Feminist indeed!

10 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
grin
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by paparazzi1987(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
who are they and what are they talking about ? undecided
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by obafemi04(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
What a Good response, it really soothe my opinion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by emsheddy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
God bless that person abeg! Oversabi go kill that one wey dey form mother of feminism

20 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by freemanbubble: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
isoright
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Flets: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
By the time they are done with Chimamanda, she'll be worth a used rag.

More successful and reasonable US born and raised blacks have been rubbished in due time much more one with Nigerian heritage.

19 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Overrated writer.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by lawrence35(m): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
shocked
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Odingo1: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chimanda should stop disturbing western people, she should return to her own country.

She is just overstaying her welcome.

22 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by maberry(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Finally... Shut her up already
"He who talks too much Cannot talk well"
This Chimamanda of a lady is beginning to talk too much

31 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Female genital mutilation isn't prevalent in Nigeria. In fact, it's at a low ebb. She spoke with so much ignorance of how she sees Nigeria.

Chimamanda has got her permanent resident status in America so she'll keep reading/hearing more of Chimamanda's views and there isn't much she can do. grin

15 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by boringnigerian: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wait, who is this one again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by kramer: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
You're damn right, talk about missplaced priorities

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by SailorXY: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
If you want to hit back @ someone why not say what is true. Which useless mutilation is that one yapping about?

I'm yet to see any mutilated kid in hospitals & yes I move about a lot.

What a slow activist.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by bobnatlo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yeah he's right u know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.