Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned (77778 Views)

Shocking Exposed!! "We Deliberately Spread AIDS In South Africaā€¯ / Hearing Aids In Nigeria / HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2018
THIS EVENT HAPPENED A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO (Oct/Nov 2015).

I decided to share a personal experience from late 2015 in a Nigerian hospital. I was unwell as a result of an incident. I went to one hospital that was recommended by a friend, after seeing the doctor on duty, he got out a paper and wrote down a number of tests to be carried out. He gave me the paper and said, go to room XYZ and give this paper to the lab scientists, he will take blood samples and perform those tests. I knocked on the door and waited until a male voice from behind the door instructed me to come in.

I sat down with the man and while we were conversing and waiting for him to take blood samples, I noticed a big hard cover note (those long hard cover notes) not too far from where I was sitting, the note was open with a pen as if someone was writing just a few minutes before I got in, I was shocked and suddenly stoped talking when I noticed what was written boldly on the note "HIV REGISTER". I couldn't believe it because the note was large and had already gone past the middle with people's names and dates written on it. Apparently, they always write down names and date of test on the book (a register of positive people from their blood test). They were even careless with the register because at some point, he briefly left to an inner room. I was frequenting the hospital for about 4 days and became friendly with one of the nurses, when my results finally came, I had something less serious, then I used the opportunity to ask my nurse friend about their HIV REGISTER, she said, her exact words "hmmm my dear, you will be surprise at the level of positive results coming out everyday, we just have to be careful". - something along that line, not the exact words.

Though I sometimes talk dirty and I meet female friends every now and then but I can count how many times, I have had sex since then & UNPROTECTED SEX IS A COMPLETELY NO, NO FOR ME, NO MATTER HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER. I keep telling my friends that in my next serious relationship, we shall go for tests before sex.

Please guys, I am not making up stories & the hospital is still in existence. The point I am trying to make here is: PLEASE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LET US BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT OUR SEXUAL HEALTH, PLEASE I BEG YOU in the name of God. Say NO to quick sex, dickk/virgina sucking or deep kisses. If you must have SEX, use GOOD condoms, under no circumstance should you have unprotected sex, don't do deep kisses and licking of vigina and sucking peni.s, please don't. Fore play should be limited to running your hands all over, playing with nipples, clitories etc but don't EXCHANGE BODILY FLUID until you know each other's status. Dating is very good, I also date but we must be careful, use your head, simple. At the end of the day, abstinence/great restrain/being careful & using your head are the best strategies for protection.

161 Likes 23 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by aprilwise(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2018
i hear u.

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by hisgrace090: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2018
HIV aids carriers are many today but they have learn to suppress it with antiviral medications.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Angy55(f): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yeah! Both parties should go for test immediately, and even if both results shows negative that shouldn't warrant having unprotected sex immediately. Maybe after six months when both parties have gone for a recheck then give it a go for those who don't enjoy it with condom on.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
hisgrace090:
HIV aids carriers are many today but they have learn to suppress it with antiviral medications.

Even at that, it is better to avoid it than to live on antiretroviral. Better to play carefully than risk one's entire life trying to suppress what is avoidable. Note - being +ve is not the end of the world, people can still live their life to the fullest BUT IT IS BETTER TO AVOID IT.

Angy55:
Yeah! Both parties should go for test immediately, and if even both results shows negative that shouldn't warranty having unprotected sex immediately. Maybe after six months when both parties have gone for a recheck then give it a go for those who don't enjoy it with condom on.

Exactly, this thing is more common than many people realise. PEOPLE SHOULD ENJOY WITH CAUTION

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Please, Recommend Good Condom

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by millomaniac: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
yabas:
THIS EVENT HAPPENED A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO (Oct/Nov 2015).

I decided to share a personal experience from late 2015 in a Nigerian hospital. I was unwell as a result of an incident. I went to one hospital that was recommended by a friend, after seeing the doctor on duty, he got out a paper and wrote down a number of tests to be carried out. He gave me the paper and said, go to room XYZ and give this paper to the lab scientists, he will take blood samples and perform those tests. I knocked on the door and waited until a male voice from behind the door instructed me to come in.

I sat down with the man and while we were conversing and waiting for him to take blood samples, I noticed a big hard cover note (those long hard cover notes) not too far from where I was sitting, the note was open with a pen as if someone was writing just a few minutes before I got in, I was shocked and suddenly stoped talking when I noticed what was written boldly on the note "HIV REGISTER". I couldn't believe it because the note was large and had already gone past the middle with people's names and dates written on it. Apparently, they always write down names and date of test on the book (a register of positive people from their blood test). They were even careless with the register because at some point, he briefly left to an inner room. I was frequenting the hospital for about 4 days and became friendly with one of the nurses, when my results finally came, I had something less serious, then I used the opportunity to ask my nurse friend about their HIV REGISTER, she said, her exact words "hmmm my dear, you will be surprise at the level of positive results coming out everyday, we just have to be careful". - something along that line, not the exact words.

Though I sometimes talk dirty and I meet female friends every now and then but I can count how many times, I have had sex since then & UNPROTECTED SEX IS A COMPLETELY NO, NO FOR ME, NO MATTER HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER. I keep telling my friends that in my next serious relationship, we shall go for tests before sex.

Please guys, I am not making up stories & the hospital is still in existence. The point I am trying to make here is: PLEASE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LET US BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT OUR SEXUAL HEALTH, PLEASE I BEG YOU in the name of God. Say NO to quick sex, dickk/virgina sucking or deep kisses. If you must have SEX, use GOOD condoms, under no circumstance should you have unprotected sex, don't do deep kisses and licking of vigina and sucking peni.s, please don't. Fore play should be limited to running your hands all over, playing with nipples, clitories etc but don't EXCHANGE BODILY FLUID until you know each other's status. Dating is very good, I also date but we must be careful, use your head, simple. At the end of the day, abstinence/great restrain/being careful & using your head are the best strategies for protection.

Even people in power know that HIV is on the rise again, a governor recently sounded a serious note of warning. But people won't just heed.

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
millomaniac:

Even people in power know that HIV is on the rise again, a governor recently sounded a serious note of warning. But people won't just heed.

@ lalastica let us front page this for educational purpose abeg. Please we must all begin to sensitise our people abeg

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
ednut1:
U have less dan 1% chance of catching hiv thru sex. Allow those wey wan nak to nak abeg angry

YOUR TABLE CANT BE CORRECT, CANT BE. I NO SAY MAKE PEOPLE NO KNACK BUT U GOT TO PROTECT YOURSELF. IF THAT TABLE IS CORRECT, PEOPLE FOR NO DE GET HIV

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
yabas:

YOUR TABLE CANT BE CORRECT, CANT BE. I NO SAY MAKE PEOPLE NO KNACK BUT U GOT TO PROTECT YOURSELF. IF THAT TABLE IS CORRECT, PEOPLE FOR NO DE GET HIV
http://i-base.info/qa/4331. U wan argue with facts ni Pple can catch aids thru sex no doubt. Bt sex is even one of the least likely ways to catch it

4 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Albinoworwor: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Who told you its only through sex u can contact the virus...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by adorable29(f): 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
People live in denial and probably think it is aliens and ghost that usually contract the virus or that they have one odeshi that prevents the virus from getting into their system when it comes in contact with them...

Those that contract the virus NEVER THOUGHT THEY WILL HAVE IT. It is usually an unpleasant SHOCK to them. You aren't different from them. You too can get it if you don't take caution.

Plus it takes just that one time to collect it so be careful EVERYTIME. Those who have it may have had sex once in 4 months or thrice weekly or once a year so it doesn't matter the frequency. Just protect yourself or abstain. If you are married stick to a partner. You will not die. Fcukfcuk no be oxygen.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
ednut1:
http://i-base.info/qa/4331. U wan argue with facts ni Pple can catch aids thru sex no doubt. Bt sex is even one of the least likely ways to catch it

You are an educated person, bodily fluid transfer is one of the fastest ways to contract HIV, forget those papers, anybody can write them. I know what I am saying.

Albinoworwor:
Who told you its only through sex u can contact the virus...

Cant remember saying that, there are several other ways but sex is one of the fastest ways of spreading it.

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
yabas:

You are an educated person, bodily fluid transfer is one of the fastest ways to contract HIV, forget those papers, anybody can write them. I know what I am saying.

Cant remember saying that, there are several other ways but sex is one of the fastest ways of spreading it.
if its d fastest y are there cases of diff status for some couple
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by smart6(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
ednut1:
U have less dan 1% chance of catching hiv thru sex. Allow those wey wan nak to nak abeg angry

Oga leave that data. You are positive. You want to spread your evil virus some more.
Quote me.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by ednut1(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
smart6:

Oga leave that data. You are positive. You want to spread your evil virus some more.
Quote me.
hahahahahahaha,

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ejemehn(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Some people still live in denial.

People still get involve in unprotected sex.

You decided to be more careful because you had a close encounter. Thank God you've learnt and hopefully saved.

"Hope say we don hear"?

"Na fly wey no get special adviser dey follow dead-body enter grave"

Oyinbo man say; A word is enough for the wise

smiley

6 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Pentools(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hehe
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by zombieHUNTER: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
Why can't the disease be like Ebola

Kill people immediately

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by dingbang(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
Angy55:
Yeah! Both parties should go for test immediately, and even if both results shows negative that shouldn't warrant having unprotected sex immediately. Maybe after six months when both parties have gone for a recheck then give it a go for those who don't enjoy it with condom on.
you tell a Nigerian girl let's go for test before having sex and she finds it offensive. Yeah I have met girls like that.

11 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by emmabest2000(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Na dey time u take know bi that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by flexyrule(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Am I the only one that miss the good old days of "Picture or Idonbilivit?"

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Reading..
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by nanizle(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Stats can be misleading.

One person can have unprotected intercourse with a hiv positive partner multiple times without getting inflected.

Another person can have intercourse just once and get infected.

Please use protection at all times.

Question: Are all those pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis available in Nigeria?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by parcino(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
So i went for the hiv test last 2weeks when i met the doctor he ask so what's the problem i said i came for hiv test
Doctor: alright, are you sexually active?
Me: not really
Doctor : ok. So do you feel sick, any pains, any cough
Me: no

After some other few questions. The doctor wrote out some test for me.
I have added some other test for you the doctor told me

Went straight to lab and blood sample taken.

Me: when will the results be ready.
Lab attendant : tomorrow.

I collected lab attendant phone number and left
that tomorrow was like 1 year i swear. I slept wake, slept wake up.
Finally i was set to go see doctor the following day
But b4 then i called lab attendant.

Me: hello......... Is my results ready?
Lab attendant:yes
Me: how is it?
Lab attendant: pls come and see the doctor

I started sweating in morning. What kind of response is come and see the doctor?

I lock up i refuse to go in that early morning as the lab attendant response kept resonating in my head.
Everything was upside down for me i swear. Food was tasteless, no interest to do anything at all

So i decided i not to go that day till the following day.

So it was morning the next day. I went to the hospital........
Was now awaiting my turn
Doctor: from inside office calls: next... Calls my name
Me: oboy God help, help me abeg
Me: good morning doctor
Doctor : sit down. What the problem?
Me: i did some test day b4 yesterday so i came for result
Doctor : going through result and looking at me
Me: me God pls help, plsss
Doctor : all the results are ok.
Me: what about the hiv test?
Doctor : oh well its negative

Though im not sexually promiscuous i have since decided no pussay till i marry, not even with condom!! . That torment was to much i swear.

Pls, hiv is real. The best is to wait till marriage oo!
Even condom is not safe. Pls wait for marriage!

Thanks for heeding to this advice and thanks for reading!

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Some Human Organs And Parts Are Worth In The Black Market (Photos) / Smelly Dry Vagina? Drowning Your Man In Bed - Jaaruma The Goron Tula Queen / My Penis Discharges Pus, What Could That Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.