Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,136 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned (77763 Views)

Shocking Exposed!! "We Deliberately Spread AIDS In South Africaā€¯ / Hearing Aids In Nigeria / HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ivorianaija(f): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Who told you that? Does DNA undergo changes just like that? It's for life. Not even bone marrow transplant reverses the DNA coding, Just stops the sickling permanently.

I guess it was a misinformation on my part, my sincerest apologies.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Angy55(f): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
dingbang:
you tell a Nigerian girl let's go for test before having sex and she finds it offensive. Yeah I have met girls like that.
Not all though. In my own case, I would even be the one to push you for the test, not only HIV but every other test related to STD because after all it's not only girls that transfer STDs. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ivorianaija(f): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
If you go to any sexual health clinic they'll give out condoms for free.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by enemyofprogress: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ivorianaija:

There is no cure for AIDS yet and people will have to live with these symptoms for the rest of their lives:
Fever
Headache
Muscle aches and joint pain
Rash
Sore throat
Swollen lymph glands, mainly on the neck
Soaking night sweats
Recurring fever
Chronic diarrhea
White spots or unusual lesions on tongue or in mouth
Fatigue
Unexplained weight loss
Skin rashes and bumps
is that your final answer?

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ivorianaija(f): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
enemyofprogress:
is that your final answer?

I don't know, you tell me. cool
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ten06(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
anigold:
People are here complaining about hiv but malaria kills more in Africa... The population of Nigeria is over 200M now buy people living with aids is around 3.3M.. I think we should be concerned about corruption, tribalism, nepotism and religious intolerance
And to add salt to injury. 90% of malaria drug that is being imported into the country are substandard and NAFDAC is in a state of coma
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by francis2565(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
nanizle:
Stats can be misleading.

One person can have unprotected intercourse with a hiv positive partner multiple times without getting inflected.

Another person can have intercourse just once and get infected.

Please use protection at all times.

Question: Are all those pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis available in Nigeria?

Asking for a friend.

Exactly read several stories where the wife is positive and the hubby negative and no protected sex and the men are still negative.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Who told you that? Does DNA undergo changes just like that? It's for life. Not even bone marrow transplant reverses the DNA coding, Just stops the sickling permanently.
BMT helps to produce pluripotent stem cells which in turn differentiates to discoid RBCs. These have a longer half-life than sickled RBCs, so over time the sickled cell dies off or get lysed in tight spots of circulation while the pluripotent cells continue to produce normal cells, sufficient enough to keep the tissues perfused.
Similar principles apply to BMT for leukemias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by dingbang(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Angy55:

Not all though. In my own case, I would even be the one to push you for the test, not only HIV but every other test related to STD because after all it's not only girls that transfer STDs. cool cool
wow . I like girls who are strict about their health

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Why can't the disease be like Ebola

Kill people immediately

Of course it does. If a positive person stops taking medications, boom!, one down, 2.5 million more to go
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Ivorianaija(f): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ten06:

And to add salt to injury. 90% of malaria drug that is being imported into the country are substandard and NAFDAC is in a state of coma

At least malaria has a cure.

3 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
cry

Na only useless stuffs Benue dey top the list.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
NavalBoy:
Please, Recommend Good Condom

GOLD CIRCLE; D grin grin
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
francis2565:

Exactly read several stories where the wife is positive and the hubby negative and no protected sex and the men are still negative.
Men generally have a slightly less frequency of being infected in a one-off unprotected sex with an infected partner. It can also be that way if the partner has a very low amount of the virus in his/her blood.
It also happens in a rare genetic variety of the HIV (virus), something like 1 in 10-100k or more.
You may want to try if you fall in that bracket.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by anigold(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ten06:

well may be if Dora was still at nafdac instead of joining politics.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
EsotericMonk:

BMT helps to produce pluripotent stem cells which in turn differentiates to discoid RBCs. These have a longer half-life than sickled RBCs, so over time the sickled cell dies off or get lysed in tight spots of circulation while the pluripotent cells continue to produce normal cells, sufficient enough to keep the tissues perfused.
Similar principles apply to BMT for leukemias.
Yet someone cured of sickle cell through BMT can't marry someone who's SS or AS
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by oooduancalmdown: 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
I believe government advise hospitals to keep record of people with HIV/AIDS. To be sincere, I don't know the disease that fret me the most; cancer or HIV.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by enemyofprogress: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ivorianaija:

I don't know, you tell me. cool
nothing is as sweet as flesh to flesh

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Angy55(f): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
dingbang:
wow . I like girls who are strict about their health

Honestly, I see no reason why someone should be afraid of going to the hospital for test/medical check up.. It should be done from time to time. The earlier you know your health status the better because if there is any issue it could be curtailed on time.

Do have a lovely evening.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by nanizle(m): 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
francis2565:

It's likely that in those cases the wife is on ARVs which significantly reduces the probability of transmission.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by chieyine(m): 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
nanizle:
Stats can be misleading.

One person can have unprotected intercourse with a hiv positive partner multiple times without getting inflected.

Question: Are all those pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis available in Nigeria?

Asking for a friend.
Yes they are available

But one must go with the partner and the partner should be positive before one will be given the PEP

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by smart6(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
nanizle:
Stats can be misleading.

Asking for a friend.

Mr Asking-for-a-friend, you dont need then prophylaxis, are pos already?

Am just curious.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Bahddo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Angy55:
Yeah! Both parties should go for test immediately, and even if both results shows negative that shouldn't warrant having unprotected sex immediately. Maybe after six months when both parties have gone for a recheck then give it a go for those who don't enjoy it with condom on.
what if one of them gets it shortly before the recheck and it is not discovered because it is the window period? No alternative to safe sex.

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
Kano...3.4 kwa. [b]I worked in ART clinic in a general hospital during my NYSC. O boy, Na everyday we dey get atleast 50 new cases every single day [/b]just in one hospital o and they annoying tin be sey most of dem dey run. Dem no show again patapata.

Please share more light on this because people will benefit from it, thanks, a lot of folks are still ignorant about STDs.

anigold:
People are here complaining about hiv but malaria kills more in Africa... The population of Nigeria is over 200M now buy people living with aids is around 3.3M.. I think we should be concerned about corruption, tribalism, nepotism and religious intolerance
. People still need to be aware, I DONT BELIEVE THAT 3 MIL STATS, IT MAY BE MORE THAN THAT.

CriticMaestro:

Check this handle on Twitter #naiis.ng or naiis2018

And find out what the Nigerian government is doing regarding hiv infection and aids and also hepatitis b and c virus

THANKS A LOT, I will follow them and keep abreast with information.
Ten06:
I had a similar experience. Our security man who is an HAUSA man got seriously sick suddenly and I was mandated by my office to take him to the hospital and help to see that he is treated. Fast forward, after the whole test it was discovered that he is HIV positive and was immediately ask to join the counseling group of that day in the hospital. Men when we got there the crowd I saw was massive. I immediately call the girl I plan to cheat with that week and cancel the appointment, and from that day the spirit of cheating just vanished from me
. This thing is more common than we think, honestly. PLEASE PEOPLE MAKE WE TAKE AM EASY.

NairaMaster1:

How can you say that? Sex is number 1 for HIV, by birth is second.

Forget about others. They are negligible. I talk to you as a pharmacist.
. This is a professional, we need people in the health sector to share experience because there are still many doubting Thomases.

Admin, Lalasticlala, thanks for using this medium to increase awareness on the subject.

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by smart6(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
francis2565:

Most Men do skin to skin without contracting the virus because they are circumcised. The same outcome cannot be said for the uncircumcised.
Another reason is most married men in such relationships where wife is positive, have unprotected sex only when they want a baby, with doctor's guidance, other times with CD. Followed by regular checks by man. Most babies are also born negative if care is taken.

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
I find the OPs approach typical of Nigerians, unnecessarily alarmist. The only thing missing is a churchy sermon.

HIV is just as easily managed as is high blood pressure, mental health, diabetes, etc

HIV can be managed to an undetectable level and partners can use prep medicine.

Stop stigmatizing people.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by nanizle(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
smart6:

Mr Asking-for-a-friend, you dont need then prophylaxis, are pos already?

Am just curious.

Was kidding there. But I don't really hear about prophylaxis treatment in naija.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Originalsly: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
enemyofprogress:

Abeg keep quiet, you made it look as if having HIV/AIDS is a big deal. The two are just like any other ailment in the world.

Wow!....and we be wondering why the rate of infection and death remain high.

You can take the horse to the water...but you can't make him drink it.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by emitheo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Trying to digest this Hiv ish that doesn't seem to go away.
I miss those years when Hiv never existed.
You can bleep as you like without fear of shits like STDs
Now, sex is as dangerous as bunkery fuel

3 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by harveyspec: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
anigold:
why should your friend be more concerned about their hiv status if he is not a pervert.. am not saying doing hiv test for your maid is bad oo am just trying to imagine the motive.

when you have kids, you would want to know the status of ur maids

3 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Oseniade(m): 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
I am a Laboratory Scientist by training. Hepatitis B is even more widespread than HIV and fortunately it has vaccine. Peradventure you got infected with Hepatitis B, you will spend more than #500000 to get a cure. That is the bitter truth. Vaccine that cost less than #5000. GET tested today and save yourself a myriads of problems in the future.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by smart6(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
nanizle:

Was kidding there. But I don't really hear about prophylaxis treatment in naija.

be serious next time HIV/AIDS are serious pandemics here. No harm in asking still. Just be real next time. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Some Human Organs And Parts Are Worth In The Black Market (Photos) / My Penis Discharges Pus, What Could That Be? / Smelly Dry Vagina? Drowning Your Man In Bed - Jaaruma The Goron Tula Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.