Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned (77765 Views)

Shocking Exposed!! "We Deliberately Spread AIDS In South Africaā€¯ / Hearing Aids In Nigeria / HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Theories: Do You Believe The Virus Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
kingthreat:
My friend wanted a househelp. The agency gave him 3 names. As a sharp guy, he took them all for tests. 2 were hiv positive. The negative one was picked. The helps were all from Benue
. That is serious, out of 3 people, 2 tested positive? WOW. No one is saying people shouldn't have sex but a little caution, my people. Don't mind those saying the chances of getting it from sex is less than 1%, it is a big lie.

I am not a medical practitioner but I want to believe that some people are NATURALLY IMMUNE to the virus (HIV) due to their genetics, hence you hear of cases where a wife or husband may be HIV +ve while their partner does not have. Some people have a very active immune system, so strong to resist the virus for a long period of time but not forever, these people are in the minority, probably 0000001% of the population (just guessing the percentage). 96% of the population are not that lucky.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by pooozeee(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
yabas:
THIS EVENT HAPPENED A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO (Oct/Nov 2015).

I decided to share a personal experience from late 2015 in a Nigerian hospital. I was unwell as a result of an incident. I went to one hospital that was recommended by a friend, after seeing the doctor on duty, he got out a paper and wrote down a number of tests to be carried out. He gave me the paper and said, go to room XYZ and give this paper to the lab scientists, he will take blood samples and perform those tests. I knocked on the door and waited until a male voice from behind the door instructed me to come in.

I sat down with the man and while we were conversing and waiting for him to take blood samples, I noticed a big hard cover note (those long hard cover notes) not too far from where I was sitting, the note was open with a pen as if someone was writing just a few minutes before I got in, I was shocked and suddenly stoped talking when I noticed what was written boldly on the note "HIV REGISTER". I couldn't believe it because the note was large and had already gone past the middle with people's names and dates written on it. Apparently, they always write down names and date of test on the book (a register of positive people from their blood test). They were even careless with the register because at some point, he briefly left to an inner room. I was frequenting the hospital for about 4 days and became friendly with one of the nurses, when my results finally came, I had something less serious, then I used the opportunity to ask my nurse friend about their HIV REGISTER, she said, her exact words "hmmm my dear, you will be surprise at the level of positive results coming out everyday, we just have to be careful". - something along that line, not the exact words.

Though I sometimes talk dirty and I meet female friends every now and then but I can count how many times, I have had sex since then & UNPROTECTED SEX IS A COMPLETELY NO, NO FOR ME, NO MATTER HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER. I keep telling my friends that in my next serious relationship, we shall go for tests before sex.

Please guys, I am not making up stories & the hospital is still in existence. The point I am trying to make here is: PLEASE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LET US BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT OUR SEXUAL HEALTH, PLEASE I BEG YOU in the name of God. Say NO to quick sex, dickk/virgina sucking or deep kisses. If you must have SEX, use GOOD condoms, under no circumstance should you have unprotected sex, don't do deep kisses and licking of vigina and sucking peni.s, please don't. Fore play should be limited to running your hands all over, playing with nipples, clitories etc but don't EXCHANGE BODILY FLUID until you know each other's status. Dating is very good, I also date but we must be careful, use your head, simple. At the end of the day, abstinence/great restrain/being careful & using your head are the best strategies for protection.

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by ibori1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
parcino:
So i went for the hiv test last 2weeks when i met the doctor he ask so what's the problem i said i came for hiv test
Doctor: alright, are you sexually active?
Me: not really
Doctor : ok. So do you feel sick, any pains, any cough
Me: no

After some other few questions. The doctor wrote out some test for me.
I have added some other test for you the doctor told me

Went straight to lab and blood sample taken.

Me: when will the results be ready.
Lab attendant : tomorrow.

I collected lab attendant phone number and left
that tomorrow was like 1 year i swear. I slept wake, slept wake up.
Finally i was set to go see doctor the following day
But b4 then i called lab attendant.

Me: hello......... Is my results ready?
Lab attendant:yes
Me: how is it?
Lab attendant: pls come and see the doctor

I started sweating in morning. What kind of response is come and see the doctor?

I lock up i refuse to go in that early morning as the lab attendant response kept resonating in my head.
Everything was upside down for me i swear. Food was tasteless, no interest to do anything at all

So i decided i not to go that day till the following day.

So it was morning the next day. I went to the hospital........
Was now awaiting my turn
Doctor: from inside office calls: next... Calls my name
Me: oboy God help, help me abeg
Me: good morning doctor
Doctor : sit down. What the problem?
Me: i did some test day b4 yesterday so i came for result
Doctor : going through result and looking at me
Me: me God pls help, plsss
Doctor : all the results are ok.
Me: what about the hiv test?
Doctor : oh well its negative

Though im not sexually promiscuous i have since decided no pussay till i marry, not even with condom!! . That torment was to much i swear.

Pls, hiv is real. The best is to wait till marriage oo!
Even condom is not safe. Pls wait for marriage!

Thanks for heeding to this advice and thanks for reading!

guy u made my day

can't stop naffing.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by enemyofprogress: 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Wow!....and we be wondering why the rate of infection and death remain high.

You can take the horse to the water...but you can't make him drink it.
as if those that are not love Bing with HIV/AIDS are not dying. Abeg make I hear word jo

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by delerx(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
O boy. Soon u will forget abt this experience when u enter into the world back and start seeing sexy things on the street. Mind you I am a pharmacist, I have friends who are doctors and digging raw. A friend working with institute of human virilogy in the north still collecting bj and fucking hausa punas.this sex of a thing people no dey hear word.I have a lot of patients who are positive and stl fucking raw.

5 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Smooyis(m): 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
God bless you. A word is enough for the wise. Caution is all that is needed. God save your people. shocked

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Yet someone cured of sickle cell through BMT can't marry someone who's SS or AS
Ofcus not, the person 'cured' of SCD genetically becomes AS or aS or as and as such marrying an AS or SS takes us back to square 1 in the offspring. grin
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Men generally have a slightly less frequency of being infected in a one-off unprotected sex with an infected partner. It can also be that way if the partner has a very low amount of the virus in his/her blood.
It also happens in a rare genetic variety of the HIV (virus), something like 1 in 10-100k or more.
You may want to try if you fall in that bracket.

smart6:

Most Men do skin to skin without contracting the virus because they are circumcised. The same outcome cannot be said for the uncircumcised.
Another reason is most married men in such relationships where wife is positive, have unprotected sex only when they want a baby, with doctor's guidance, other times with CD. Followed by regular checks by man. Most babies are also born negative if care is taken.

There was a case of a man who was +ve and his wife tested -ve, they only found out after the man went in for a test and he was told to later bring in his wife who somehow turned out to be -ve. It is not about male or female but genetics and resistance level of your immune system.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by NovaCare: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
People will continue to get infected and take ARVs for the rest of their lives because of IGNORANCE!

The CURE for HIV is already here

With nano particle colloidal silver which is carefully generated in our lab, you can prevent getting infected or clear HIV 1and 2 off your system. How does it work? The HIV viron has 2 glycoproteins known as gp120 and gp41. The gp120 binds to the CD4 as a receptacle and then injects it RNA into the cell where it makes copies of itself and further re-infects other cells. Our silver solution when ingested into the body targets the Human Immunodeficiency Viron and "encapsulates" it. When this happens, the viron will not be able to attach itself to the CD4. It becomes dormant until it dies off!

If you are in Abuja and you have tested positive to HIV and have not taken ARV before...contact me.

I will place you on a free sample test for a month and you go back for a re-test! The results will shock you!

After that, we can talk!!

NOTE: Almost all the Silver Solutions in the market today from CS Gold to Mountain Wellbeing etc are all "Ionic Silver" and not Colloidal Silver.

Ionic Silver will NOT KILL HIV AS FAST AND EFFECTIVE AS COLLOIDAL SILVER!

The only silver product that is colloidal is Meso-Silver and that is why is is overly expensive.

At NovaCare, with the use of our Colloidal Silver Generators and modern techniques, we ensure the production of a high quality end product that is safe to consume and effective against any form of viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
delerx:
O boy. Soon u will forget abt this experience when u enter into the world back and start seeing sexy things on the street. Mind you I am a pharmacist, I have friends who are doctors and digging raw. A friend working with institute of human virilogy in the north still collecting bj and fucking hausa punas.this sex of a thing people no dey hear word.I have a lot of patients who are positive and stl fucking raw.
Then your doctor friends and their ilk are not just irresponsible, but worse off than illiterates. For education without application is but a gold ring in a pig's snout. This sex that you're talking about and glorifying to the heavens, shebi we have all tasted it, so what's the ish with it now?

4 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
even if the risk of transmission seems low,
1. you can become the 0.0whatever % and the more you indulge, the higher your chances
2. you can still get infected from injuries and abrasions sustained in the act
3. there are other equally worrying stds
stay safe and think with your head. go to forums for HIV positive people, read about how they contracted it and how it feels like to live with it
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I find the OPs approach typical of Nigerians, unnecessarily alarmist. The only thing missing is a churchy sermon.

HIV is just as easily managed as is high blood pressure, mental health, diabetes, etc

HIV can be managed to an undetectable level and partners can use prep medicine.

Stop stigmatizing people.

Dont antagonize me for sharing a personal experience, how can preaching CAREFULNESS be unnecessarily alarmist? So yes it can be easily managed, how should that stop me from performing my moral obligation of educating people? I have even forgotten about this event but it taught me to be a little more careful, I only thought I should share my experience due to that girl that posted a picture of her virgina discharge here yesterday after engaging in unprotected sex. How can sexual awareness campaign be equated to "stigmatizing people". That one is -ve does not make you better than the next man who is +ve, we just here to share experience and prevent people from getting/spreading the disease.

8 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Kylekent59: 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
I could remember the first time I did that test. I got admission into the uni and freshers
are required to do all the test including Hiv test. My blood sample was collected and taken to the lab. In two weeks time the result was out and we were informed to go and check our file.

They started calling names,i was called and I answered and collected my file.

I wasn't even afraid cus I know myself, no sickness,no sex,everything I use is peculiar to me,no girl frnd,I haven't been sick too.
I wide opened my file, dnt even cared if anyone was poke nosing,.

It wrote NEGATIVE. All the whole diseases were marked NEGATIVE. I didn't even have any. It's always good to do good and have self control.
Pray and make God ur best and admire him every day,morning and night.
No fume nor fret.

Stay safe, think positive and don't be HIV positive.

8 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Au79(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
op that register is for everyone that comes for the test. it includes both those that came out negative or positive

2 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by MarieSucre(f): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
dingbang:
you tell a Nigerian girl let's go for test before having sex and she finds it offensive. Yeah I have met girls like that.
Some guys will not even like to use condom. They'll vex and get offended that you're accusing them of cheating.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by emmysoftyou: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ivorianaija:

There is no cure for AIDS yet and people will have to live with these symptoms for the rest of their lives:
Fever
Headache
Muscle aches and joint pain
Rash
Sore throat
Swollen lymph glands, mainly on the neck
Soaking night sweats
Recurring fever
Chronic diarrhea
White spots or unusual lesions on tongue or in mouth
Fatigue
Unexplained weight loss
Skin rashes and bumps
nawa o... This is too much...

Thank God I'm married though I did HIV before getting married and I donated a blood before they could attend to my wife's antenatal.

Being sexually active in university days, NYSC days and bachelor' day. My brother, protection is the key through out.
My people make una abstain or play safe.

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
yabas:

How can sexual awareness campaign be equated to "stigmatizing people".

When it's laced with stigmatic, alleged, personal opinion.

The only thing of value is that hospitals in Nigeria, at least the quack one that you went to, doesn't adhere to HIPPA.

HIV is not a death sentence disease that it once was. There's no need to make fellow citizens run underground.

Your gnarled onto sexual activity as if that's the only method of catching the disease.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by MarieSucre(f): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=pooozeee post=68545691][/quote]

Same thing in Minna. As at 2016 1.6 million pregnant women living with HIV, and this data was got through the compulsory HIV test. The coordinator now said something that struck hard, "what do you think the actual figure would be if we decide to test their husbands?"

4 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by dingbang(m): 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
MarieSucre:

Some guys will not even like to use condom. They'll vex and get offended that you're accusing them of cheating.
funny enough I don't even like condom hence my reason for abstinence.. I tried sex with condom and I just didn't feel anything

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by MarieSucre(f): 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
delerx:

No offence but you and your friends are behaving recklessly. That's is an incredible stupid thing to type and even more stupid to do. And you're supposedly people's future father's and husbands smh.

3 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by emmysoftyou: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
MarieSucre:

some guys you said? Are you kidding me. Women preferred raw than men..

If your guy thinks using condoms is like accusing them of cheating, my sister run for your life cos to me na scope the guy dey scope u..

Say no to raw sex.. I was in a general hospital last two months ago and I saw how a lady who's HIV positive felt. I pity her cos she's now a special candidate to the hospital.

Pls let us play safe..

3 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by dingbang(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Espada10:
It always baffles me when you use and insist on condom during sex but still engage in dick and pussy sucking and even kissing.

so what is the point of condom?
lol Nigerians are a funny people cheesy
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by MarieSucre(f): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
dingbang:
funny enough I don't even like condom hence my reason for abstinence.. I tried sex with condom and I just didn't feel anything
Good on you. Do whatever is necessary to keep yourself safe.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by talk2emma: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sunnynaz:
Eyaa
Two Men Seen Fighting Inside The Rain Because Of A Lady. (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCRYwEuedo

The lady self fit get hiv

1 Like

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
Oseniade:
I am a Laboratory Scientist by training. Hepatitis B is even more widespread than HIV and fortunately it has vaccine. Peradventure you got infected with Hepatitis B, you will spend more than #500000 to get a cure. That is the bitter truth. Vaccine that cost less than #5000. GET tested today and save yourself a myriads of problems in the future.
is there a cure for hbv? last time I checked there was none

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by anigold(m): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
harveyspec:

when you have kids, you would want to know the status of ur maids
ok I understand.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by yabas(m): 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

When it's laced with stigmatic, alleged, personal opinion.

The only thing of value is that hospitals in Nigeria, at least the quack one that you went to, doesn't adhere to HIPPA.

HIV is not a death sentence disease that it once was. There's no need to make fellow citizens run underground.

Your gnarled onto sexual activity as if that's the only method of catching the disease.

I did not say HIV is a death sentence and in actual fact, that someone is negative does not make you better than +ve people, neither does it mean that negative people will live longer than positive people in a country like Nigeria where THOUSANDS die every month from road accidents, Fulani Herdsmen, armed robbers, money ritualists, trigger happy police + army personnel amongst others. It is God that protects people, nonetheless, we have a moral obligation to promote this discuss. I AM NOT STIGMATISE PEOPLE, HIV is not the end of the world BUT we must keep talking so we don't record new cases. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by delerx(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
I gave a simple example of how the so-called health workers are involved in this.did u see anywhere I mentioned myself. My point is people who are suppose to be the custodian of safe sex are also involved. This shows u lack home training. Are u even sure ur father or brothers are not part of this people. Who knows
MarieSucre:

No offence but you and your friends are behaving recklessly. That's is an incredible stupid thing to type and even more stupid to do. And you're supposedly people's future father's and husbands smh.
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by fortunechy(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
whoever that draw the graph must be mad..... IMO and lagos state be second n third....
Re: HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned by gr8tsuccess: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Abstinance till marriage is the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Some Human Organs And Parts Are Worth In The Black Market (Photos) / My Penis Discharges Pus, What Could That Be? / Smelly Dry Vagina? Drowning Your Man In Bed - Jaaruma The Goron Tula Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.