Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans (5062 Views)

Christianity Is Anti Modern-feminism And Red Pill / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by resurgent2019: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
Your headache, not mine.

You look like a normal girl but you hold feminist views. Hmmmmmm.

It is well sha.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by resurgent2019: 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
MissCokie:

Chimamanda Adichi wrong misconception of feminism is like a dangerous venom to the rising of African young girls.

Chimamanda Adichie is married , living happily in a home structured with bright futures for herself and her children. But she has chosen to set other African girls on bound-age and endless blindness to the implications of misunderstanding the actual concept of feminism.

The world in general is in a developing position, and Africa is the least of them all. The wrong impact of knowledge into our girls would only endeavor that they remain single for eternity, while she is enjoying the bliss of marriage.

The wrongful ideas about feminism has really eaten deep into the brain of the African girl child, and she has accepted that a man is equal to a woman, therefore she is free to act like a man, work like a man, and be like a man. Whereby the actual program is for her to be a woman and remain a woman.

In few years to come, Africa would be filled with single African girls spending endless night in churches and mosque praying for a husband to come their way.

Please, the concept of liberating the girl child has being misused, by the so called intellectual elite, and instead of Librating the girl child, they are indirectly and directly endangering the girl child.

Please Africans , let's see beyond our nose, think beyond our brain, and make the right decision. Chimamanda Adichie's and others feminist theory won't save the girl child.

God bless you ma.

When I see a feminist, I run as at as my legs can take me. Maybe I am weak, I don’t know but I don’t have strength for any feminist.

Lemme quickly follow you. You are a rare breed in these perilous times.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

God bless you ma.

When I see a feminist, I run as at as my legs can take me. Maybe I am weak, I don’t know but I don’t have strength for any feminist.

Uncle runner, I guess you’re just as illiterate as the poster.

Give just one example, how Chimamanda is cause of what you bolded.

Please defend your stance.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
ireneidiva:

Argue like an educated person. How is Chimamanda killing your daughter and sister?

Because you're blind to see it. Demented female genda
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

God bless you ma.

It takes only a courageous lady to say the truth.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
uncjay:

I'm already a follower ma........ Reality is so cloudy in the mind of the average African girl child. Yet Adichie and other ill feminists are waging a psychological war they will not live to fight themselves but the innocent coming generation. I think its right to speak against it now.

If only all Africans think like this. Only selected few do, because they have already seen the implications of the movement, I mean the deformed ideology regarding the new age feminist movement.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dominique move to FP , since you're viewing.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by resurgent2019: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Uncle runner, I guess you’re just as illiterate as the poster.

Give just one example, how Chimamanda is cause of what you bolded.

Please defend your stance.

You see why I run from your kind? Why call me illiterate because I support the OP.

You can continue with your feminism, while other go their own way. No need for insults dear.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ireneidiva(f): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
OfficialDad:

Because you're blind to see it. Demented female genda
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
Truth is subjective. I think Chimamanda would say same @embolden.

And here is where you err. Truth is never subjective. It's the truth everywhere, every time.

How can you say truth is subjective?? shocked

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
ElsonMorali:

And here is where you err. Truth is never subjective. It's the truth everywhere, every time.

The op even asked her to show how truth is subjective, she no fit answer.

I believe people just type for the sake of writing, without the actual knowledge of what to write.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
OfficialDad:

I believe people just type for the sake of writing, without the actual knowledge of what to write.

I'm sure she doesn't know the meaning of "subjective".

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You don't know what you're saying. What I meant by truth is subjective is that what's truthful to a person/group may not be truthful to another person/group. Truth is as subjective as beauty. I could have also said it's relative.

Ask Google further questions if that word confuses you.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
OfficialDad:

Are you sure I didn't answer? I can't be arguing over something your dictionary could solve.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You are expressing FALSEHOOD, because you misinterpreted the essence of Chimamanda’s feministic philosophy. That makes you either ignorant or illiterate. The term “illiterate” is not meant to be insulting. Just stating the “facts”!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/illiterate

You are more of A DANGER to both the MALE and FEMALE child, due to the level of ignorance you are exhibiting in your so-called “article of misrepresentation”.

Yes! You are offensive because you lack the most basic knowledge, but are still looking for some kind of “appeal” from the cognitively-impaired like yourself. embarassed

With NO DUE respects, you should be strangled for even mentioning MRS C-N-A-E.(Mrs Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Esege. kiss

Chimamanda has gone to places you can’t even dream of. She has a career, a MEDICAL DOCTOR HUDBAND, a daughter, multiple awards and recognition world-wide. WAS SHE not ONCE an AFRICAN GIRL-CHILD, who fought against sexual abuse from your RANDY-MALE BEASTS OF SEXUAL PREDSTORS in NIGERIA to give women like you a “blogging chance” even by NL standards? undecided

What do YOU have but NL? undecided
If your “article of truth” is so news-worthy, why scream for “front-page” attention? cheesy

We are tired of NL posters like you who pretend to discuss topics like feminism, even when all you want is to promote religious buffoonery with supra-mediocre intellect kpa kpa. Please, don’t mention Chimamanda in your articles. You are not qualified to do so!

Shalom!

Chimamanda hasnt done anything for any girl child, fact.
Being a gender warrior or gender politician hasn't impacted on any girl child in Africa.
Mention one thing she has done

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
You don't know what you're saying. What I meant by truth is subjective is that what's truthful to a person/group may not be truthful to another person/group. Truth is as subjective as beauty. I could have also said it's relative.

Ask Google further questions if that word confuses you.

Beauty is subjective, but not Truth.

What is true in Africa has to be true in Asia.

If Truth is subjective then nothing is ever sure and the basis of our existence will be on a slippery slope.

Lemme give you an example.

There are some people who till this day believe that the earth is flat. For them this is the truth. Does the fact that they believe in a flat earth make it true?

If Asians believe that the earth is flat and Africans swear it is oval and Europeans think it is round and Americans say it is mounted in the back of a big turtle, are they all correct?

What is Truth then? And which one is True?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by KanwuliaExtra: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Thank you. I am sick of ignorant Nigerians like the Op and her cohorts defining feminism to be about dragging power with man, or dragging head of house with husband.

True Feminism is the reason most of you female retards can get an education, vote, drive, work, earn fair wages, go on maternity leave and still have a job when you come back, own properties, even use your phone, and not be relegated to illiterate baby making factories.

But I guess the brave women that fought for you to have these things shouldn’t have bothered, because your rlaziness and inability to know a subject matter before discussing it has led to all of you relegating this movement to ordinary husband and wife matter, and mundane things.

Idiots!

I don’t know how someone will open a thread to SPREAD LIES to call them “opinion of truth”. That was how Linda Ikeji’s words about celibacy were twisted and mangled.

The same way they interprete their religion, half-witted and uninformed. The resources are out there to educate and to foster understanding.

But oh no! Everyone must seek relevance by “tagging” their superiors in a most dismal attempt to drag them to their levels of ignorance.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

You see why I run from your kind? Why call me illiterate because I support the OP.

You can continue with your feminism, while other go their own way. No need for insults dear.

You are illiterate because you have blatantly refused to seek knowledge just like the poster.

If you/she knew what feminism or Chimamanda is about, you will not type what you did.

I wasn’t insulting you, I was stating a fact. If you say a mad man is mad that is not insult, but statement of fact.

If only all you shouting about feminism knew what the movement was about, and the painful thing is that a simple search online will educate you.

But no! You want to put mouth in conversation that you do not know what the subject matter is, and end up sounding ignorant.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Beauty is subjective, but not Truth.

What is true in Africa has to be true in Asia.

If Truth is subjective then nothing is ever sure and the basis of our existence will be on a slippery slope.

Lemme give you an example.

There are some people who till this day believe that the earth is flat. For them this is the truth. Does the fact that they believe in a flat earth make it true?

If Asians believe that the earth is flat and Africans swear it is oval and Europeans think it is round and Americans say it is mounted in the back of a big turtle, are they all correct?

What is Truth then? And which one is True?
I know where you're driving at. You think truth has to be universal, but it's not a universal concept. What's considered to be the truth in Africa may not be true in Asia. Take note of the word "May not" and you know why? Humans think differently.

Back to the topic, op thinks Chimamanda is doing more harm than good to the Nigerian girl-child and she called that the "Truth". Chimamanda thinks she's telling the world how things ought to be and she thinks it's the "Truth". Do their reasoning align? No, 'cause Truth is as subjective as beauty.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by resurgent2019: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

You are illiterate because you have blatantly refused to seek knowledge just like the poster.

If you or her knew what feminism or Chimamanda is about, you will not type what you did.

I wasn’t insulting you, I was stating a fact. If you say a mad man is mad that is not insult, but statement of fact.

If only all you shouting about feminism knew what the movement was about, and the painful thing is that a simple search online will educate you.

But no! You want to put mouth in conversation that you do not know what the subject matter is, and end up sounding ignorant.

See how insultive you are? I don’t have time to argue with you about what feminism is about. Your attitude on this thread is emblematic of the values that feminism instills in you.

Just don’t insult me any longer, please. I never quoted you to start with.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by KanwuliaExtra: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Chimamanda hasnt done anything for any girl child, fact.
Being a gender warrior or gender politician hasn't impacted on any girl child in Africa.
Mention one thing she has done

She does a lot being a motivational speaker and exposing the ways women are treated in Nigeria through her own experiences. Does she have to empty her bank account to help “the girl child” of Africa? undecided

Everybody with NGOs chanting helping “the girl child”! Major 419 outlets to swindle people of their money and “helping themselves”!

It is either you do not understand what she stands for or you have chosen not to understand. Either way, you cannot be helped. Chimamanda is very simple to READ and UNDERSTAND! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czogWQ34X1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8DTumShwU

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
I know where you're driving at. You think truth has to be universal, but it's not a universal concept. What's considered to be the truth in Africa may not be true in Asia. Take note of the word "May not" and you know why? Humans think differently.

Back to the topic, op thinks Chimamanda is doing more harm than good to the Nigerian girl-child and she called that the "Truth". Chimamanda thinks she's telling the world how things ought to be and she thinks it's the "Truth". Do their reasoning align? No, 'cause Truth is as subjective as beauty.

Whether the OP's truth is actually THE Truth is another story entirely. The two of them, the OP and Chimamanda can't both be right. One is right and one is wrong. That's what you've failed to grasp.

But Truth is Universal. Truth is Eternal. It can never change. What was true 2,000 years ago is true now and will be true 2000 years after.

The Truth is immutable. It can never ever change. Humans change, the physical world changes, but the Truth will remain the same for all eternity.

By the way, I agree with the OP. Do some research about feminism. You will be shocked that this movement that came into prominence around the mid 20th century was formed and championed by Satanists of that age and era.

Their goal? To destroy the natural family setting by pitting the woman against the man.

Their long term goal was to masculinize the woman and feminize the man.

Eventually, they have succeeded in producing and championing single mothers who disparage marriage and men and think themselves strong enough to raise their kids ALONE.

Where that has left us is that lots of these women transfer aggressions to their male offsprings reducing them to sissies and emboldening their daughters turning them to monsters with serious daddy issues.

(Note: I'm not talking of those young ladies who unfortunately got pregnant out of wedlock and instead of aborting decided to raise their children while the father absconds.)

Have you heard the story of Lilith? The supposed first wife of Adam and the patron " saint" of feminists?

You should read up my sister.

Not everything the oyinbo people bring to us is good.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Whether the OP's truth is actually THE Truth is another story entirely. The two of them, the OP and Chimamanda can't both be right. One is right and one is wrong. That's what you've failed to grasp.

But Truth is Universal. Truth is Eternal. It can never change. What was true 2,000 years ago is true now and will be true 2000 years after.

The Truth is immutable. It can never ever change. Humans change, the physical world changes, but the Truth will remain the same for all eternity.

By the way, I agree with the OP. Do some research about feminism. You will be shocked that this movement that came into prominence around the mid 20th century was formed and championed by Satanists of that age and era.

Their goal? To destroy the natural family setting by pitting the woman against the man.

Their long term goal was to masculinize the woman and feminize the man.

Eventually, they have succeeded in producing and championing single mothers who disparage marriage and men and think themselves strong enough to raise their kids ALONE.

Where that has left us is that lots of these women transfer aggressions to their male offsprings reducing them to sissies and emboldening their daughters turning them to monsters with serious daddy issues.

(Note: I'm not talking of those young ladies who unfortunately got pregnant out of wedlock and instead of aborting decided to raise their children while the father absconds.)

Have you heard the story of Lilith? The supposed first wife of Adam and the patron " saint" of feminists?

You should read up my sister.

Not everything the oyinbo people bring to us is good.
You're contradicting yourself @embolden. cheesy I thought you said what's truth in Africa has to be the Truth in Asia?@ embolden was exactly the point I raised. Just maybe, being too quick to quote me is making you loose your brain cells. That one could be right, and the other wrong was what I meant by "truth" being subjective. Please, go back to Google.

And FYI, I don't discourse feminism with Nigerian guys as most of you don't know the concept, but are quick to act like you do with derogatory remarks of how feminist are.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
You're contradicting yourself @embolden. cheesy That was exactly the point I raised. Just maybe, being too quick to quote me is making you loose your brain cells. That one could be right, and the other wrong was what I meant as "truth" being subjective. Please, go back to Google.

And FYI, I don't discourse feminism with Nigerian guys as most of you don't know the concept but are quick to act like you do with derogatory remarks of how feminist are.

Madam. You have a very big problem. But no, I won't yield to the temptation to answer you in like manner.

You are asking me to go to Google and check out the meaning of subjective when you could easily pick up a dictionary and flip through its pages and find out for yourself? cheesy

That one could be right and the other wrong is what I meant as truth being subjective

Please can some discerning member of Nairaland help me show this young woman the fallacy of that statement above as regards her so-called "subjectivity" of truth?

Two people arguing about what they think is true has now made Truth subjective?

I give up on you lady.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

She does a lot being a motivational speaker and exposing the ways women are treated in Nigeria through her own experiences. Does she have to empty her bank account to help “the girl child” of Africa? undecided

Everybody with NGOs chanting helping “the girl child”! Major 419 outlets to swindle people of their money and “helping themselves”!

It is either you do not understand what she stands for or you have chosen not to understand. Either way, you cannot be helped. Chimamanda is very simple to READ and UNDERSTAND! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czogWQ34X1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8DTumShwU

Whatever she stands for, she is not inspiring anybody, she too is helping herself, she is her own foundation.
There is nothing she has said that is not about gender politics, war and bickering. Completely unhelpful stuffs.

I learnt more'from Flora Nwapa and Buchi Emecheta, they too were for women emancipation.
Chimamandas idea of women empowerment or emancipation is a woman using men and their achievements, xtics, behaviors as the subject of her agitations.
And she is parading it as feminism.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

See how insultive you are? I don’t have time to argue with you about what feminism is about. Your attitude on this thread is emblematic of the values that feminism instills in you.

Just don’t insult me any longer, please. I never quoted you to start with.

Since you have the liberty to air your ignorant opinion, I have the liberty to air mine. Even if it means to insult you, blame it on what you want.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by KanwuliaExtra: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Whatever she stands for, she is not inspiring anybody, she too is helping herself, she is her own foundation.
There is nothing she has said that is not about gender politics, war and bickering. Completely unhelpful stuffs.

I learnt more'from Flora Nwapa and Buchi Emecheta, they too were for women emancipation.
Chimamandas idea of women empowerment or emancipation is a woman using men and their achievements, xtics, behaviors as the subject of her agitations.

And she is parading it as feminism.

Please, stick to only what you are capable of learning. Not or topics can be debated or comprehended. Thanks.kiss

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by KanwuliaExtra: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
Duplipost! kiss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Please, stick to only what you are capable of learning. Not or topics can be debated or comprehended. Thanks.kiss

You definitely don't know that aspect of her .
I have said my own. We are all entitled to our opinions
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by OmoAlata1(f): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
I can’t ascertain whether you are a feminist or not. Are you against feminism? Or are you speaking against those who are on the extreme end of it?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Seahawk: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
No feminist is against love, caring for a partner or cooking. What they are against is any situation that takes away the choice to do or not do so.

I’m tired of ignorant stuff like this being peddled around by half baked dummies who just want to contribute to a topic even when they have no clue what it’s about.

cruchenutii:

I cannot use my immediate environment to properly judge & remember, Online != offline.

Women may brag & brag online about Feminism but when you meet them offline, they will love you, cook for you, help you with your chores etc.
So honestly, No Proper research or survey has been conducted over this issue.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Madam. You have a very big problem. But no, I won't yield to the temptation to answer you in like manner.

You are asking me to go to Google and check out the meaning of subjective when you could easily pick up a dictionary and flip through its pages and find out for yourself? cheesy

Please can some discerning member of Nairaland help me show this young woman the fallacy of that statement above as regards her so-called "subjectivity" of truth?

Two people arguing about what they think is true has now made Truth subjective?

I give up on you lady.
When I'm confused of anything, I ask questions. This is a forum with the intellects and dummies. Create a thread if you have to, and get the answers you desired. I would have called on the TSOM, but don't know if he's online to help clarify issues.

Graphic photos: Woman Cuts Off Husband's joystick,Kills Him For Cheating On Her / Photo: Nigerian Woman, Temitope Adebamiro Kills Cheating Husband In The US / I.Q TEST: Let's See How Sound You Are In Quantitative Reasoning

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105