Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60419 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 17, 2018
amethystnnty1:

I meant pay her with half your assets

you were talking about maid. ..when did people start paying off maids with 50% of their assets?

You've been active today, what happened?
Seems you're less busy?

As from tomorrow I won't come online anymore.. even though I don't spend much hours here this site is still taking my time lately which must stop before it does something bad to me.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ali1king: 12:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by amethystnnty1: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2018
HARDDON:

Oh yea?

The only wisdom women would wear is that of remaining single all their lives.

You cant bring a feminist mentality and baggage, no matter how evolved you think the world has, into a man's home . So long as a HE, still with the evolution of the world, pays some huge sums as YOUR BRIDE PRICE, you cant run your show the way you deep fit.

If not, be ready to stay in your father's hut!

Good point!

People like to talk about how we've evolved from the lower animal but our fundamentals hasn't changed. The primary role of a woman is the procreation and preservation of the man's genetic legacy while the primary role of a man is provision for and protection of the woman and their legacy.

18 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2018
veave:
But that's the only recognized marriage in Nigeria apart from the sharia.

So you're saying non Muslim Nigerians should not get married properly.

are you normal?

I've two copies of the constitution in my house.

Traditional (customary) (customary includes church wedding) marriage ,Islamic and registry are the three types of marriages recognized in the constitution.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 17, 2018
amethystnnty1:

Good point!

People like to talk about how we've evolved from the lower animal but our fundamentals hasn't changed. The primary role of a woman is the procreation and preservation of the man's genetic legacy while the primary role of a man is provision for and protection of the woman and their legacy.

Lol... this is a 1920 mentality though.

Things have changed.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 12:44am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
Flee from any woman that request for Registry Marriage.

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

Nigerian law considers marriage as a partnership.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.

Elder001:
If you don't want to share your properties then flee from any woman who insists on registry marriage.

or else na suicide go end am o.

Go and do ordinary customary marriage not statutory ..no matter how you love a Nigerian lady if she opts for the registry (statutory) don't think twice /thrice before you flee.
Is there a marriage certificate issued to couples after they perform a customary marriage, or traditional marriage that serves as proof that their marriage is valid, or has been conducted according to the laws of the land? undecided If you claim you are married, and the embassy requires you to produce your marriage certificate as part of your visa application, what would you give to them after refusing to conduct a court marriage?

When filling forms for tax relief for your spouse/dependant and kids, what marriage certificate would you attach to your application? For other official documentary purposes, what marriage certificate would you use to support or corroborate your claim that you are married, if you have only conducted a traditional wedding or a customary marriage?

Without a marriage certificate, how would the paternity, interests, inheritance and heritage of your children be protected, in case a controversy arises, especially if the means to do a DNA test is unavailable? Would you like them to be referred to as 'bastards,' by those who did not witness your traditional wedding, simply because there is no marriage certificate available to support their birth registration documents, which would prove to the world that your kids were not born outside wedlock?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by donbachi(m): 12:46am On Jun 17, 2018
u left ur father,mother and siblings.trusted her with ur heart and life...common ordinary paper with ur signature and her's,u come wise...clap 4 urself.

18 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by grandstar(m): 12:48am On Jun 17, 2018
For your marriage to be legal, it needs a marriage certificate. (Titus 3:1)

If your marriage is devoid of this, then you're not married, just living together.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by amethystnnty1: 12:51am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

Lol... this is a 1920 mentality though.

Things have changed.

Let's take away all the boo hoo and the crazy deafening noise from post modern feminism. what has changed really?

I would love to be enlightened.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by NdiaraIGBO: 12:52am On Jun 17, 2018
HARDDON:

That reply wasnt for you. I hadnt even reasoned your malodorous post yet.

Are you alright ? Elder001 reeling like a child who just had his first taste of chili pepper?

What is property? and how much do you even have? Convert it to pounds, worth anything?

Your mindset is TOTALLY flawed.

here is a little SENSE PILL:

Wealth is not tied to some mundane, soon-to-fade-of-radar properties, real wealth is a fully developed mind beaming with creative ideas.

So stop yapping dust and renew your mind

You make me laugh ..? Real wealth is what you have already acquired my bruv.

The one you are talking about is pie in the sky ooo, until it happens.

14 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by NothingDoMe: 12:55am On Jun 17, 2018
Ekpanfly:
Mods night done reach make una go sleep
I wan off light lipsrsealed
lol
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 17, 2018
HARDDON:

Oh yea?

The only wisdom women would wear is that of remaining single all their lives.

You cant bring a feminist mentality and baggage, no matter how evolved you think the world has, into a man's home . So long as a HE, still with the evolution of the world, pays some huge sums as YOUR BRIDE PRICE, you cant run your show the way you deep fit.

If not, be ready to stay in your father's hut!
There's no feminist mentality here.Now, imagine yourself as the father of a daughter you struggled so much for.You got her educated at the best schools, provided everything she asked for just so one day your girl will 'blow' and make you a proud father.Only for her to get married one day and become a full time housewife.Her certificate wasting away.All her education amounts to is birthing babies and taking care of the home.Nothing wrong with them 'cept for the fact that some women often sacrifice their lives for the sake of their homes.
See, this mentality of he paid your bride price so he owns you must stop.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by HARDDON: 1:00am On Jun 17, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

You make me laugh ..? Real wealth is what you have already acquired my bruv.

The one you are talking about is pie in the sky ooo, until it happens.

That is where the average guy gets it wrong. Even most rich men that havent developed their creative mental abilities can't sleep well at night because they have no clue how to start all over n get all back If the wealth wears wings at a blink.

Look around you gee. all the magnificent beauties of the world were, at a point and for a moment, nothing but intangible thoughts.

Real Wealth lies with him who can convert the ideas gee. What you have acquired can develop wings over night. Not what you have up in your head

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 17, 2018
austyn0:
A wife doesn't do those things he listed?
It depends on the individual.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by linearity: 1:07am On Jun 17, 2018
MotorGuru:
Insightful points here sir.
However i have the following questions with respect to marriages done in court registry:
1.What if landed properties acquired by the man during the marriage was bought in his father's name after he has realized that divorce might be inevitable in the long run(e.g he bought the properties in 2014 when the marriage was beginning to shake, so he decided to by it in his father's name... and filed for divorce in 2020) can this also be contested?
2. He bought landed property during the marriage in his name , and later transferred? ownership to his father 5 years before he filed for divorce

Yes, in fact the court will come seriously on the guy and will start trusting him less as they will see it as deceit and concealment.

The best option is to liquidate your assets and hide the money in a foreign account, then wait for the divorce to be over and start afresh.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by YemiHadid(m): 1:09am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?

Unfortunately, madam, ladies of nowadays are no longer ready to do the little things you listed up there... cook, clean, wash ke!? they say any man ready to marry them must be able to do those himself... abi is it not on this same Nairaland we read such 'ish'? Awon 'feminist gang'... u cant eat ur cake and still have it... As for children, i'll personally elect to take custody. I speak for no one!

8 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by declaro(m): 1:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Addictedtodrugs:
My serious gf want us to do court marriage and I already agreed!! Should I still trust her ?

It means that you are about to have a life partner and not a wife. That marriage will be viewed as a business partnership. It will stand on law and not love, all parties are equal in everything and at the same time, you will not be a husband to her but a male partner. That marriage will not last forever.

My brother, you are about to enter a decorated marriage and it will wash away in no distance time, please get yourself a wife and not a partner.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by declaro(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2018
cnnamoko:
what about Churches that insist on court marriage?

Then leave that Church as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by HARDDON: 1:27am On Jun 17, 2018
MhisTahrah:
There's no feminist mentality here.Now, imagine yourself as the father of a daughter you struggled so much for.You got her educated at the best schools, provided everything she asked for just so one day your girl will 'blow' and make you a proud father.Only for her to get married one day and become a full time housewife.Her certificate wasting away.All her education amounts to is birthing babies and taking care of the home.Nothing wrong with them 'cept for the fact that some women often sacrifice their lives for the sake of their homes.
See, this mentality of he paid your bride price so he owns you must stop.

Taking care of the home does not equate becoming a house wife. Dont get things muddled up.

Even in r/ships, real men avoid ladies that sleep all night and watch movies all day. They are the most terrible set of people to deal with. The idle mind is the ....

We wouldn't deal with a house wife nor would we deal with a feminist. She must learn how to balance work and her home. Or We open a business for her. After all, how many degree holding graduates are using such to impact lives?

About the Bride price thingy, even though nobody said he OWNS you emphatically, the man is not to blame.

Blame your parents who are going to SELL you someday.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 17, 2018
YemiHadid:

Unfortunately, madam, ladies of nowadays are no longer ready to do the little things you listed up there... cook, clean, wash ke!? they say any man ready to marry them must be able to do those himself... abi is it not on this same Nairaland we read such 'ish'? Awon 'feminist gang'... u cant eat ur cake and still have it... As for children, i'll personally elect to take custody. I speak for no one!
Little things, you say? Exchange roles with your wife for a day see how 'little' they are. Appreciate your wife if she does these things because it is not easy.A lil help here and there won't hurt.

13 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by unmask: 1:30am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.
good that women are fighting for equal rights.....they won't need all these laws that over protect them
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Adeyinka123: 1:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Guys wake up! Never you marry a woman you claim to love without doing Court Marriage. The statutory certificate is the only weapon in their hands. They are the mothers of our children for GOD's sake. Some of us had a tortuous background because our mothers married under the Customary Law which subjects our lovely mothers and sisters to the calous and the insensitive traditional order in our respective communities. Court Marriage helps a responsible man to check his actions especially when it is against the civil tenets of the statutory wedding. Open your eyes guys and show a legitimate and validated love for your wife and children in the case of untimely death and'evil manipulation from the village'. Bigamy and Polygamy are being checkmated in a properly executed Court Marriage. Every normal lady must insist on it. However, be informed also that you can not do statutory wedding as a second wife if the first Court Marriage to the first wife is still existing. It can only work if the 1st marriage has been divorced. Else the second wife shall be criminally dealt with as an accomplice in crime and obviously as an intruder. In conclusion,any act to breach a Court Marriage is an offence against the state. This one na serious matter o!

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 17, 2018
HARDDON:

Taking care of the home does not equate becoming a house wife. Dont get things muddled up.

Even in r/ships, real men avoid ladies that sleep all night and watch movies all day. They are the most terrible set of people to deal with. The idle mind is the ....

We wouldn't deal with a house wife nor would we deal with a feminist. She must learn how to balance work and her home. Or We open a business for her. After all, how many degree holding graduates are using such to impact lives?

About the Bride price thingy, even though nobody said he OWNS you emphatically, the man is not to blame.

Blame your parents who are going to SELL you someday.
I assumed that the first post that I quoted was referring to a housewife.

That balance can only be achieved if there's co-operation.Start up a business for her?If she's cool with it, no biggie.Countless number of people, sir.I intend to be one of such.
Let's consider this scenario; Wife has a 9-5 job, husband is self employed.They have 3kids, their school closes by 2.Husband picks the kids from school.Prepares lunch for them and awaits wife's arrival.Wife arrives and prepares dinner, clean the home and prepares breakfast the next morning.Drops the children at their school and then cycle continues.
And this as well,
Wife is self-employed, no fixed closing hour, picks up her kids from school at 2, prepares lunch and shortly after, dinner.Husband arrives 6, eats or throws tantrums when his food isn't done.He never helps her out simply because he believes it's her job.Wife is very stressed but doesn't speak out because it's her job afterall.Too many pent-up emotions in the house.Of course it could go both ways but this is much more common.

In scenario 1, there is mutual understanding, respect and tolerance between them, they flourish.My point is find someone comfortable with your lifestyle, there is support from the husband and it makes all the difference.They are in sync.Hubby doesn't mind that he has to COOK and pick the kids. Again, no feminist mentality here.

Can we also say that in countries where the reverse is the case, the wives buy the husbands?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by johnkey: 2:17am On Jun 17, 2018
IF I'm going to get married I'm definitely not going to the court to sign any Stoopid certificate or church certificate. I'm gonna do a beach wedding, who no like am make she waka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by israelmao(m): 2:19am On Jun 17, 2018
Mznaett:
Let me use this thread to ease off the heartbreak our guys gave us this night. grin grin

A set of disjointed team.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

The bolded can’t be true. The whole thing reads from an alarmist point of view. Even the USA is not that bad.

Anyways, this is what a prenup is for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by CanadianEnginee(m): 2:26am On Jun 17, 2018
OMEGA009:
Who goes into a marriage with an option of divorce on their mind? Ever heard of the words “For Better or Worse”?

These NL children wee not kee me. If you don’t have the balls to go the whole 9 yards, go to Shoprite and buy a carton of Vaseline.

We’ve not gotten over our loss to Croatia and one broke nigguh is shouting “avoid court registry if you want to keep ya property”. Mtcheeew.

P.S: pls remember....

Didn't want to contribute until I saw 'broke'.

And I'm sure you've got nothing. I can swear with my life that you don't have up to 2m and you are calling the guys broke. Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by HARDDON: 2:31am On Jun 17, 2018
MhisTahrah:
I assumed that the first post that I quoted was referring to a housewife.

That balance can only be achieved if there's co-operation.Start up a business for her?If she's cool with it, no biggie.Countless number of people, sir.I intend to be one of such.
Let's consider this scenario; Wife has a 9-5 job, husband is self employed.They have 3kids, their school closes by 2.Husband picks the kids from school.Prepares lunch for them and awaits wife's arrival.Wife arrives and prepares dinner, clean the home and prepares breakfast the next morning.Drops the children at their school and then cycle continues.
And this as well,
Wife is self-employed, no fixed closing hour, picks up her kids from school at 2, prepares lunch and shortly after, dinner.Husband arrives 6, eats or throws tantrums when his food isn't done.He never helps her out simply because he believes it's her job.Wife is very stressed but doesn't speak out because it's her job afterall.Too many pent-up emotions in the house.Of course it could go both ways but this is much more common.

In scenario 1, there is mutual understanding, respect and tolerance between them, they flourish.My point is find someone comfortable with your lifestyle, there is support from the husband and it makes all the difference.They are in sync.Hubby doesn't mind that he has to COOK and pick the kids. Again, no feminist mentality here.

Can we also say that in countries where the reverse is the case, the wives buy the husbands?

Yours is nothing but a refined feminist mentality no matter how you try to sugar coat it. You are looking for a man YES Ma'am Man. A man who would cook and clean for you while you are out there frolicking, probably( if possible, you would rather have him carry the pregnancy! how gross!)

So he should be able to provide for the fam while also adept at cooking and cleaning, Yea? smh

To answer your last Question, YES! Any where there is any form of payment that is significant, it is an act of outright purchase and he who pays the piper reserves the sole right to dictate the tone. Period

7 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by PierreAbutu(m): 2:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

Another reason why prenuptial agreement is necessary
Anyone interested should kindly contact me for his or her PRE-NUPTIAL AGREEMENT....It's better to be safe than sorry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by femo86(m): 2:47am On Jun 17, 2018
Why are you all awake by this time shocked shocked
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by linearity: 2:53am On Jun 17, 2018
Adeyinka123:
Guys wake up! Never you marry a woman you claim to love without doing Court Marriage. The statutory certificate is the only weapon in their hands. They are the mothers of our children for GOD's sake. Some of us had a tortuous background because our mothers married under the Customary Law which subjects our lovely mothers and sisters to the calous and the insensitive traditional order in our respective communities. Court Marriage helps a responsible man to check his actions especially when it is against the civil tenets of the statutory wedding. Open your eyes guys and show a legitimate and validated love for your wife and children in the case of untimely death and'evil manipulation from the village'. Bigamy and Polygamy are being checkmated in a properly executed Court Marriage. Every normal lady must insist on it. However, be informed also that you can not do statutory wedding as a second wife if the first Court Marriage to the first wife is still existing. It can only work if the 1st marriage has been divorced. Else the second wife shall be criminally dealt with as an accomplice in crime and obviously as an intruder. In conclusion,any act to breach a Court Marriage is an offence against the state. This one na serious matter o!

You can still use a WILL to protect your wife and kids against the village uncles and gold diggers.

A Will have the same force of law. The mistake that people make is, they think that they are too young to prepare their “Last Will & Testament”. We all know that is not true, but still postpone it. You can always change your Will as things changes, so get it done now.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mikkyjagga1(m): 3:01am On Jun 17, 2018
This is a very foolish topic/post , are you going into marriage with the intention to divorce later on?
Don't get married if you can't trust with all you have mutually!
Stop infecting people's mind with your negativity!

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Girl Who Paid For Her Fiance's M.sc Cusses Him Out As He Marries Someone Else / My Top Cuties On Nairaland / Oby Chico Marries Into Johnbosco Onukwo Family (Traditional Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.