Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? (5044 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
I know this guy and he used to be one of those players, he has crushed almost every one of my friends, and he got around a lot of girls on campus so when he started 'crushing' me, I obviously thought it was yet another fling-thing.

Nothing happened, but I started to like him, but because of scepticism I killed any advances.

Anyway, I was proved right when my friend confirmed that he recently started dating another girl.

Well they've been dating for a year now, and he's so mature and such a wonderful guy now, he has calmed down, and he is really serious about his relationship. His girlfriend ticks all the boxes on the type of woman he likes, however, she misses one thing he really really likes, - she can't speak Yoruba and isn't even Nigerian, she is African though.

I won't go into other details because who knows maybe he has changed, and now likes different things than he may did in the past.

Well, cut the long story short, I saw him yesterday, and he still had that twinkle in his eye - I was not imagining it!!!! He still looked at me, in fact he checked me out (but then again he could just like looking at legs tongue). I was with two other of my girlfriends, (one is his bestfriend - and main reason I was so sceptical of him and got all my dirty info. about him from).

Anyway, he was lovely, mature, he didn't make any moves on me, and I didn't either, and currently there is nothing there, I am just wondering; given this situation.

Should I just think; "Nope, he's taken, he's probably going to get married to his girlfriend." - The jig is up topup or should I think "Okay, he's taken, but maybe I shouldn't completely close the doors." - Keep one eye on him topup.

With my personality, I don't like to keep too many doors open, unless I know there is a high chance of someone passing through them, so if to the majority of you this situation sounds like an obvious no-go, then I guess this door may have to be closed then.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by ITgurlie(f): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
First of all he has a girl now, does he really love her? Or he's just using it to pass time.

Secondly you've discovered another part of him and you've fallen for him so should you follow it or just move on.

All these can be answered by the guy, why not just gist with him and indirectly ask about his girlfriend and how far is he willing to go.

Also you have to search your heart cos you have to think with your head, but you listen to your heart, cheers smiley
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
ITgurlie:

First of all he has a girl now, does he really love her? Or he's just using it to pass time.

Secondly you've discovered another part of him and you've fallen for him so should you follow it or just move on.

All these can be answered by the guy, why not just gist with him and indirectly ask about his girlfriend and how far is he willing to go.

Also you have to search your heart cos you have to think with your head, but you listen to your heart, cheers smiley

Hi,

Thanks!! Good advice!! It does depend on him doesn't it.

It's not that I don't want to move forward, it's just that I've always believe that men always know how to get what they want, he hasn't come to get me because he doesn't want me. My girlfriend says that he loves his girlfriend more than his girlfriend loves him, and that's what always deters me, maybe he's mature because he's with her, because he has found someone who he has decided to change for and maybe the twinkle is really just that, just a twinkle.

I think this is a tough situation, because I am not a home-wrecker tongue, so I would never want to put thoughts into his head, because I can imagine how his girlfriend would feel. For a long time I went into auto-mode, I just blocked all his signs because my girlfriend (who happens to have had a crush on him by the way - and stood in the way of us initially), told me that he was seeing this girl when the guy was still coming over to visit me and trying to woo me.

I think this might be a dead end situation, I like my life to be simple and straight forward, so maybe I'll just continue with what I'm doing and forget it.

Thanks nonetheless.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by ITgurlie(f): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
There are a lot of opportunities in life and all we have to do is discover them and grab them.

This door seems locked, doesn't mean another won't open all you need is time and another will open. Just listen to your heart it will lead you on, cheers, wink
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by Creamish(f): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Sweety, if he hs a girl and he cheats on her with u, watz to say he wont cheat on u when he finally starts dating u? dats when ur eyes will see clearly and ul b like "I knew he was a player. . .y did i fall for him?". . . besides, how well would u vouch for him if u were to date him?  undecided

. . except u dont mind having a broken heart, i'l suggest u keep him as a friend ONLY. Move on to someone else who u can trust anytime.   wink
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by steve49ja(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
Honestly? Let him go smiley

It might be hard now but couple of day's you'll thank God you did.

If He does anything nasty with you while with his girl then imagine what he would do with another girl when you're his girl. Karma is always a b.i.t.c.h wink

And please never bring up the issue of you two being together, comes off as cheap cool

My advice then? Your's will come, if it's him, he'l come for you but never take second place. You're more than that kiss
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by ezyra(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
Clearly, you're obsessed with this dude, You mind is already made up. Good luck!
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by deor03(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hey Girl,
It's a free world. Grab all you want for yourself. That's the essence of living or why suffer in silence
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by deniyor: 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
Are u talking abt me?
Move on pretty, you missed your chance already. The story seemss like I'm the one at the other end. Anyways, if he is not single, don't go there. What goes around comes around, I'm assuming thats how it is said.

1 Like

Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by 190: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
this certainly cant be the topup i know~
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by femmy2010(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
If the feeling is mutual then it might work.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Well, cut the long story short, I saw him yesterday, and he still had that [b]twinkle [/b]in his eye - I was not imagining it!!!! He still looked at me, in fact he checked me out (but then again he could just like looking at legs ). I was with two other of my girlfriends, (one is his bestfriend - and main reason I was so sceptical of him and got all my dirty info. about him from).

Twinkle or no twinkle, he has a girlfriend, leave him alone.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
topup:

Well, cut the long story short, I saw him yesterday, and he still had that twinkle in his eye

quote of the day lol
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 5:48am On Jun 04, 2010
Lol, I would never cheat.

The question is simply, shall I close the door forever, or keep it ajar. I am not making advances, it's not in my nature.

He is very happy with his girlfriend I've recently been told, so I guess that's enough info for me to close the door.

Thanks for the responses tongue. .

P.s. obviously if he cheats on her, he will cheat on me, cos that will mean he doens't see a problem with it. I know mine will come, but I've never really pushed or fought for anything I wanted, just wondering what people thought about the whole thing. Now I know.

Peace smiley

And yuh - this is topup. I am human.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 5:51am On Jun 04, 2010
steve49ja:

Honestly? Let him go smiley

It might be hard now but couple of day's you'll thank God you did.

If He does anything nasty with you while with his girl then imagine what he would do with another girl when you're his girl. Karma is always a b.i.t.c.h wink

And please never bring up the issue of you two being together, comes off as cheap cool

My advice then? Your's will come, if it's him, he'l come for you but never take second place. You're more than that kiss

cheesy
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by ITgurlie(f): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2010
cool cool cool cool cool

Cool, you'll find your own soon, cheers
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by tkb417(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2010
i bet you dont want him to add you to his growing list of 'games'

i understand the way u feel about him and im sure thats how all the gurls he has been with felt about him

SAY NO TO HIM and look my side

i have that 'twinkle' in me eye too cheesy cheesy
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by mikkyphp(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2010
@topup :There's no reason you shouldn't fight for what you want, whether guy or girl. how u go about it is what matters. But what i hate is the passiveness, is that what being a girl usually is like? you like a guy and hope things should fall in place without any input from you at all? It's not a fairy tale world. i guess it's time to wake up. Only the tough last, you'd probably make the same mistakes again by allowing sentiments to override your judgement. You cared too much about alot of things apart from what you genuinely wanted. Be wise gurl,
ps : @ topup :i'm a huge fan
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 1:58am On Jun 05, 2010
mikkyphp:

@topup :There's no reason you shouldn't fight for what you want, whether guy or girl. how u go about it is what matters. But what i hate is the passiveness, is that what being a girl usually is like? you like a guy and hope things should fall in place without any input from you at all? It's not a fairy tale world. i guess it's time to wake up. Only the tough last, you'd probably make the same mistakes again by allowing sentiments to override your judgement. You cared too much about alot of things apart from what you genuinely wanted. Be wise gurl,
ps : @ topup :i'm a huge fan

This is SO true!! It is the way you go about it, of course if a girl throws herself over a taken guy then it doesnt benefit her, and it lacks class. But also some guys literally read signs and move on- and like I mentioned I wasn't returning the signals at one point, it's not my call to make whether he genuinely is committed to his girlfriend, it's his, and in these situations I am pretty sure that you need lots of time to avoid the rebound situation - when a guy jumps from girl to girl.

I also hate passiveness, but I think my deal is more to do with taking too long to make up my mind than passiveness, I reciprocate, but I do like to be approached first, I don't play games or make it ridiculously hard for a guy to see me, as I don't have time to waste like I did before tongue, too much stress I tell you, I've never been a game player anyway.

You're right I cared about too much before, and didn't act probably when it would have been more understandable to have acted.

P.s. thanks cheesy

tkb417:

i bet you dont want him to add you to his growing list of 'games'

i understand the way u feel about him and im sure thats how all the gurls he has been with felt about him

SAY NO TO HIM and look my side

i have that 'twinkle' in me eye too cheesy cheesy

Lol. . the famous twinkle eh tongue

Yeah you're right, I'm not the first to probably feel this way about him, especially since he used to be such a flirt.
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by topup: 2:01am On Jun 05, 2010
ITgurlie:

cool cool cool cool cool

Cool, you'll find your own soon, cheers

And cheers to you too!! smiley
Re: He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? by leuelliot(m): 2:08am On Jun 05, 2010
@topup iam here for you!!

(1) (Reply)

The More Independent A Woman Becomes, The More Difficult It Is To Find A Husband / Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? / Lol,,funny Chat Btwn Bae And Boo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.