Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Short Story "Happy Father's Day Daddy" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Short Story "Happy Father's Day Daddy" (285 Views)

Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / Happy Father's Day To All Men / Happy Father's Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story "Happy Father's Day Daddy" by uche77zero(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Another nurse passes him at the corridor without saying a word, He has even lost count of the number of times that they had made these trips.

This is the Sixth time he is making this trip to the clinic to welcome another of his numerous blessings that God has bestowed to him since his sojourn to Lagos but it’s always as nerve wrecking as the first trip.

She was special, a bundle of joy but very unfortunate that she didn’t make it. But since her departure, God has blessed him with Chidinma, Ikenna, Chioma and Chineme.

In his heart, He prays for a second boy, so that he can show them at home that he was a full Dimkpa in the gathering of Umunna. As his mind goes in thought to escape the hard mindless attack from the mosquitoes that patrols the darkness of the hospital, He hopes Nma has been able to feed Neme and rock her to sleep to avoid her missing her mother.

The Landlord’s wife would definitely look in the children to ensure that they don’t get into trouble. He breaks a smile as he remembers how Landlord and his family have been nice since they moved into their two-room apartment in Yaba, taking their children as theirs,

Chidinma is a big girl now doing well in studies and understands as the day goes by, that she has the responsibility of a big sister. Ikenna is five going on six, very sharp for his age, made me promise that I will bring a baby brother back with whom he can play football within the courtyard of my modest compound.

While in thought, His town men walked into the waiting room of the clinic, with looks and head movements they enquired about the situation of things. He could only answer with an upward look and direct the index finger to the heavens.

As they sat down by the entrance trying to distract him with news of the allocation of the Festac town that was going on in full force after the festival. As the discussions ventured well in the evening, the mosquitoes kept on informing them of their ever presence.

At 7.35pm a doctor walked out of the labour room with a smile on his face, startling the gathering of Umunna to their feet. He looked at young Johnson and congratulated him on the birth of a bouncing baby boy.

That was the Tuesday, the 18th Of October 1977 the day I started my journey on this earth and also when my daddy become a father once again.

Happy Father’s Day Daddy,
Miss you everyday Daddy even more on days like today.

(1) (Reply)

Joins Millions Who Talk To Indian And Nigerian Doctors On Skin And Pregnancy / Does Having A Child Make You A Father? / Wife Seek Divorce Over Husband's Drunkenness And Refusal To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.