Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch (793 Views)

10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s / Throwback: Old Nollywood Movies We All Loved (pics) / Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies From Irokotv / Best App For Downloading Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by Megzview(f): 3:53am On Jun 17, 2018
Were you born in the 80s? Did you witness the 3 orange men who were part of the campaign to introduce Miranda into the Nigerian Market by Pepsi. Ah, yes the nostalgia is coming back.

Those were the days ekana Abacha reigned. The days of the #1 ice cream which became ice blocks after you must have sucked out the sugar and coloring in it. Those were days devoid of the internet when you were left to your imagination to entertain yourself. You had to be extra creative during the day especially when you knew the TV stations started work by 4pm.

Those were the days when Indian movies reigned in Nigeria. I remember after each movie, we attempted the stunts in the movies we had just seen. It was also fun singing the songs from the movies. Knowing the songs and accompanying dance steps was seen as evidence you had seen a particular movie.

Today we are going back to the past. We are going to examine 5 Indian movies from the 80s that we all loved to watch. Here we go:

1. Mard

Release Date: 8th November 1985

Director: Manmohan Desai

Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Amrita Singh, Nirupa Roy, Dara Singh Prem Chopra

Plot: Raju, the son of Raja Azad Singh (an immensely strong man) grows up as the adopted son of a blacksmith not knowing his parents, after his father was captured by devious British officers and the traitorous local doctor.

I was smitten with the performance of Amrita Singh in the song “Will you marry me”.

2. Toofan

Release Date: 11th August 1989

Director: Ketan Desai

Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Meenakshi Sheshadri, Amrita Singh

Plot: The story revolves around two brothers, both characters played by Amitabh Bachchan, one of which has super powers and is an avid follower of Lord Hanuman, the other is a magician.

3. Ghazab

Release Date: 28th May 1982

Director: C.P. Dixit

Cast: Dharmendra, Rekha

Plot: A remake of the Tamil film Kalyanaraman, it is the story of a murdered twin who sets out to find his hitherto unknown brother to avenge his death.

This particular movie holds a special place in my heart while in primary school. I watched and watched it times over. I knew all the songs by heart, and the dance movements. Do you doubt me? You can challenge me to a faceoff over the tunes of “Jan-E-Mann Jan-E-Jigar”.

4. Nagin

Director: Rajkumar Kohli

Release date: 23rd January 1976

Cast: Sunil Dutt, Feroz Khan, Reena Roy, Jeetendra, Vinod Mehra, Rekha, Mumtaz, Kabir Bedi

Plot: A female cobra is on a revenge mission to hunt down those who killed her male partner.

5. Teri Meherbaniyan

Director: Vijay Reddy

Release Date: 1985

Cast: Brownie as Moti, Amrish Puri, Jackie Shroff, Poonam Dhillon, Raj Kiran, Sadashiv Amrapurkar, Asrani, Swapna

Plot: A dog avenges his master’s death.

So those are the 5 Indian movies from the 80s that we all loved to watch. Tell us what you think of this list and what your best 80s indian movies are.

Source: http://megasblog.com/5-indian-movies-from-the-80s-that-we-all-loved-to-watch/

1 Like

Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by hisgrace090: 4:06am On Jun 17, 2018
From 80's/ early 90's Indian film really raign subprime.

Especially mard, nagina the snack girl tufan the foolish magician etc.

1 Like

Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by DOUBLEWAHALA: 5:08am On Jun 17, 2018
i dunno if na mard or narging

some ppl killed the dogs master and the dog was revanging for the death of his master ...oh men i cry for the movie asif i lost my entire family in an autocrash

1 Like

Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 5:19am On Jun 17, 2018
Megzview:
Were you born in the 80s? Did you witness the 3 orange men who were part of the campaign to introduce Miranda into the Nigerian Market by Pepsi. Ah, yes the nostalgia is coming back.

Those were the days ekana Abacha reigned. The days of the #1 ice cream which became ice blocks after you must have sucked out the sugar and coloring in it. Those were days devoid of the internet when you were left to your imagination to entertain yourself. You had to be extra creative during the day especially when you knew the TV stations started work by 4pm.

Those were the days when Indian movies reigned in Nigeria. I remember after each movie, we attempted the stunts in the movies we had just seen. It was also fun singing the songs from the movies. Knowing the songs and accompanying dance steps was seen as evidence you had seen a particular movie.

Today we are going back to the past. We are going to examine 5 Indian movies from the 80s that we all loved to watch. Here we go:

1. Mard

Release Date: 8th November 1985

Director: Manmohan Desai

Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Amrita Singh, Nirupa Roy, Dara Singh Prem Chopra

Plot: Raju, the son of Raja Azad Singh (an immensely strong man) grows up as the adopted son of a blacksmith not knowing his parents, after his father was captured by devious British officers and the traitorous local doctor.

I was smitten with the performance of Amrita Singh in the song “Will you marry me”.

2. Toofan

Release Date: 11th August 1989

Director: Ketan Desai

Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Meenakshi Sheshadri, Amrita Singh

Plot: The story revolves around two brothers, both characters played by Amitabh Bachchan, one of which has super powers and is an avid follower of Lord Hanuman, the other is a magician.

3. Ghazab

Release Date: 28th May 1982

Director: C.P. Dixit

Cast: Dharmendra, Rekha

Plot: A remake of the Tamil film Kalyanaraman, it is the story of a murdered twin who sets out to find his hitherto unknown brother to avenge his death.

This particular movie holds a special place in my heart while in primary school. I watched and watched it times over. I knew all the songs by heart, and the dance movements. Do you doubt me? You can challenge me to a faceoff over the tunes of “Jan-E-Mann Jan-E-Jigar”.

4. Nagin

Director: Rajkumar Kohli

Release date: 23rd January 1976

Cast: Sunil Dutt, Feroz Khan, Reena Roy, Jeetendra, Vinod Mehra, Rekha, Mumtaz, Kabir Bedi

Plot: A female cobra is on a revenge mission to hunt down those who killed her male partner.

5. Teri Meherbaniyan

Director: Vijay Reddy

Release Date: 1985

Cast: Brownie as Moti, Amrish Puri, Jackie Shroff, Poonam Dhillon, Raj Kiran, Sadashiv Amrapurkar, Asrani, Swapna

Plot: A dog avenges his master’s death.

So those are the 5 Indian movies from the 80s that we all loved to watch. Tell us what you think of this list and what your best 80s indian movies are.

Source: http://megasblog.com/5-indian-movies-from-the-80s-that-we-all-loved-to-watch/
no disco dancer Yeye list

2 Likes

Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 17, 2018
Na wah when I hear Toofan and mard I just remember those days we dey spy from neighbors window just yo watch these movies.

Aya aya tofaan.

That year when gun dey sound like knockout.

Chai na today I confirm say I done Old cry

1 Like

Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by ITbomb(m): 6:27am On Jun 17, 2018
Those days, common movie, I go follow them cry
Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by Kelamma(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2018
I remember the love film Yeh vada raha. That film is one Indian movie I can't get tired of watching. Vikram and Sunita! I am a sucker for love mehn.
Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by sparog(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2018
Wow

I remember seeing these movies

E don tey
Re: Thread For The 80s Movies: 5 Indian Movies From The 80s We All Loved To Watch by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Teri Meherbaniyan

This is still my favorite India movie followed by MARD

(1) (Reply)

Funny Nigeria Comedy By Abokki International / Movie: Why Cheat India (2019) [indian / Get Gotv MAX For N2600, Offer Valid While Stocks Last!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.