Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (24879 Views)

How Did You Tell Your Parents You Want To Marry? And What Was Their Reaction? / What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
Scolding the senior in front of the junior
Not ensuring that the males don't beat up the females
Not keeping secrets secret
Shielding the other parent from responsibilities and...

Them plenty

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
themodernman:

I'm now having issues with life generally cos I have become a social pariah due to my damaged mindset.

I try to pick up my pieces personally and still the idiots still won't let me be, they still won't leave me in piece, always eager to see my error so they point it out in order to make me "humble" so they can continue their seniority unhindered because I'm a doctor.

I use alcohol temporarily to ease my stress, but they're quick to condemn me to stupor without helping me solve the exact thing that makes me use alcohol- my stress and damaged esteem; cos they think the condemnation will make me shy away from drinking, it only got worse till I almost stabbed her one night when she wanted to try her nonsense "seniority" with me again. I cleared her doubt that night and was ready to kill her and kill myself too, I brought a knife and put it in my front while chewing my indomie. She mellowed that night and since then, she knew I'm a ticking timebomb that could blow anytime, hence better not toy with me....
Kindly see a shrink... And must u stay together?

5 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by milemimi93(m): 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sex education..
Most parents shy away from educating their kids about sex...

At age 5 my son should know what pvssy is and how to identify a ho.e from a b!tch..

7 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by JUSTINSMOG: 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
None
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Sultty(m): 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
Who am I not to "almost" emulate my parents. They r both individually great in their ways but if I will pick I'll say not quickly accepting changes and not being financially and spiritual alert. Rip to them sha

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Adukey(f): 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
fuckerstard:

Look at you, what if they insist you go to class from home? You will always be their baby, even when you finish school sef..

Lol, actually went to school from home in my year 2.

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
themodernman:

And their core focus on spiritualizing everything instead of focusing on the underlying issue causing a problem.

My issues at work now is obviously from my damaged self esteem, I'm a medical doctor so it even makes it easier to diagnose, my immediate elder brother rots away somewhere due to their same useless behaviour yet they continue to covertly "tag" both of us as having spiritual attacks or problem.

They've taken my brother to every manner of church, drank all manner of anointing oil, fasted all manner of fasting, prayed all manner of prayers for years and the idiots still believe it's a spiritual attack! I've counseled them uncountable times on the strong importance of seeing a Psychologist/Psychiatrist, but they wave my suggestion away with the wind as per lastborn wey I be, despite being a doctor. But a Prophet is not without honour except in his hometown.

Now they're trying to tag me with the same spiritual diagnosis but me I know sey I don get this issue teytey since when I small and na dem cause am, but they'll rather die than accept.

I just dey struggle to keep up and move on...I know I'll fix up my life successfully one day....
Maybe u guys have a osychological issue .. I didnt mean to insult, but, maybe its psychosis . And u knw its hereditary

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by kalex0(m): 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
1. stinginess

2. they believe they can tell u what to do every time because they gave birth to U

so annoying

5 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by chaarly(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2018

10 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
over flogging

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by neonly: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
peeparty:

I see a pure heart here..Happy father's day sir

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by ikorodureporta: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
Here to observ
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
themodernman:

I'm now having issues with life generally cos I have become a social pariah due to my damaged mindset.

I try to pick up my pieces personally and still the idiots still won't let me be, they still won't leave me in piece, always eager to see my error so they point it out in order to make me "humble" so they can continue their seniority unhindered because I'm a doctor.

I use alcohol temporarily to ease my stress, but they're quick to condemn me to stupor without helping me solve the exact thing that makes me use alcohol- my stress and damaged esteem; cos they think the condemnation will make me shy away from drinking, it only got worse till I almost stabbed her one night when she wanted to try her nonsense "seniority" with me again. I cleared her doubt that night and was ready to kill her and kill myself too, I brought a knife and put it in my front while chewing my indomie. She mellowed that night and since then, she knew I'm a ticking timebomb that could blow anytime, hence better not toy with me....
Hang in there, tough times don't last forever. You'll outlast this painful phase.
If you ever need someone to talk to, slide into my DM

12 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Orpe7(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
Trying to manipulate my children's destiny by forcing them to study i want not what they desire

7 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adukey:

I hated this in my year one, my dad would just come unannounced, not that I go out of school o. I won't do that to my children, it made me feel like I was still a baby that needed monitoring every time.
hmm u sure, UNAD girls
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by codeSavant: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
codeSavant:
calling me wicked, big nose and comparing me with other kids. that really damaged my self esteem right from childhood

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by janejive(f): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
themodernman:

And their core focus on spiritualizing everything instead of focusing on the underlying issue causing a problem.

My issues at work now is obviously from my damaged self esteem, I'm a medical doctor so it even makes it easier to diagnose, my immediate elder brother rots away somewhere due to their same useless behaviour yet they continue to covertly "tag" both of us as having spiritual attacks or problem.

They've taken my brother to every manner of church, drank all manner of anointing oil, fasted all manner of fasting, prayed all manner of prayers for years and the idiots still believe it's a spiritual attack! I've counseled them uncountable times on the strong importance of seeing a Psychologist/Psychiatrist, but they wave my suggestion away with the wind as per lastborn wey I be, despite being a doctor. But a Prophet is not without honour except in his hometown.

Now they're trying to tag me with the same spiritual diagnosis but me I know sey I don get this issue teytey since when I small and na dem cause am, but they'll rather die than accept.

I just dey struggle to keep up and move on...I know I'll fix up my life successfully one day....

We got ur back bro. Thank God you are in the medical profession. You know what to do.

6 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Adukey(f): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
dancok:
hmm u sure, UNAD girls

What's unad?
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Laeroy(f): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
So many ooooo,,in fact if I begin to highlight them, even the pages of Nairaland won't contain them....Mere thinking of my childhood spoils my day......It will not be well with some deeper life doctrines...

Modified: I see some of us can actually relate to the negative effects deeper life doctrines had on us...... It is actually going to be well with us...I believe.

16 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
middlebeltboy:
my father is a polygamist, I will never emulate that. over my death body!
english kee me naw make i die
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adukey:

What's unad?
University of Ado Ekiti, now EKSU

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Adukey(f): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
dancok:
University of Ado Ekiti, now EKSU

Ok

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
All of you now reminiscing on your parents mistakes, after all they are only human who is still going make more mistake as long as they are still alive. My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by timsbee(f): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mine is DAT whenever u go out to play and u come home late, u will sleep outside dat day. Dis happened more than 8times. I and my siblings will have to sleep under the staircase with plenty mosquitoes.

Any boy or man(even if it s Jehovah's witness people, u know dey can do house to house wella) my dad will chase dem away with cutlass. Some will even run and forget their Pam, sandals, shoes....any footwear just name it.

I can never allow any of my children to sleep outside and I will sleep inside...God forbids.
I will make sure I know my children's friends so as to make dem learn how to relate with people.

It ended in praise sha.

13 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sultty:
Who am I not to "almost" emulate my parents. They r both individually great in their ways but if I will pick I'll say not quickly accepting changes and not being financially and spiritual alert. Rip to them sha

pele..but d good ones usually die early
Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by penance(m): 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
Making Us Watch NTA NEWS....chai i no fit talk or else na slap go enter..

1 Like

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Martinez19(m): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Negative :
1) Always right attitude.
2) Bad listening ear.
3) incorrigibly stupid, superstition-wise and hopelessly and stupidly religious. grin
4) thinking that because you perform your basic responsibility as a parent by providing my material need, I am your property that you can use and treat anyhow.
5) I know it all attitude because you are older. Mtewwww.
6) Comparing me with other kids.
7) poor understanding of emotional and psychological abuse.
cool Using your harsh upbringing as a standard of my upbringing as if we are the same.
9) Always wanting to see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Positive :
1) always providing material and financial needs.

8 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
penance:
Making Us Watch NTA NEWS....chai i no fit talk or else na slap go enter..

pele. same here

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by enque(f): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sex education

I remember having the talk with my mum when I got my first menstrual period....Chai! She twisted my mindset biko grin

2 Likes

Re: Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate by Blonchilli(m): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adukey:

I hated this in my year one, my dad would just come unannounced, not that I go out of school o. I won't do that to my children, it made me feel like I was still a baby that needed monitoring every time.
One can never be too careful. My dad visited me alot in the University. My mom visited once but now I realize it helped me a lot. I was able to communicate about my challenges in school with my father and it wasn't difficult to convince him because he sees what's going on. Coming unannounced is what's childish. My dad would call days before and inform me. I will do same with my kids. Maybe twice a semester. One a long visit and the other a really short one, just reimburse and leave. It won't also hurt if I'm going through their school area and drop by. My dad didn't have the world, but if he drives pass he always stops by even if it's just 3k he's giving, sometimes you just have to show you care.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.