Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki (1668 Views)

Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures) / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
When will inferiority complex let my people see dat in terms of crime, as of today, Ikoyi/VI/Asokoro/Maitama/Lekki are all better than London!

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Ugosample(m): 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:
When will inferiority complex let my people see dat in terms of crime, as of today, Ikoyi/VI/Asokoro/Maitama/Lekki are all better than London!

Are you sure that you are okay

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by liljboy10: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
What did u smoke?

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by neonly: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
How can u compare London to any part of Nigerian
Light
Water
Road
Hospital
Food
Security
Air u breath
Soaps
Nothing u fit compare London to Nigerian oooo

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Recent crime rate in London is pretty high, even higher than New York.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Temptee101(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
You are obviously running temperature
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
Temptee101:
You are obviously running temperature
Over 60 okada (moped) thefts daily in London by recent figures. Okada thieves don rob Home Secretary before by recent reports.

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
neonly:
How can u compare London to any part of Nigerian
Light
Water
Road
Hospital
Food
Security
Air u breath
Soaps
Nothing u fit compare London to Nigerian oooo
These things are available in Nigeria just dat d masses may not be able to afford them

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
justwise:
Recent crime rate in London is pretty high, even higher than New York.
They are still blinded by white superiority conditioning.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by neonly: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:

These things are available in Nigeria just dat d masses may not be able to afford them

What is available abeg nothing work here in Nigerian u know it so don't sugar coat it pls
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:

They are still blinded by white superiority conditioning.

You started this thread for all wrong reasons, this has nothing to do with white superiority conditioning/inferiority.

The recent killing and mop attack in London is high for a fact but its not usually like that.

You also have to remember that all these crimes are committed by young blacks men.

You can't compare recent crime rate in London to what happens in many cities in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

You started this thread for all wrong reasons, this has nothing to do with white superiority conditioning/inferiority.

The recent killing and mop attack in London is high for a fact but its not usually like that.

You also have to remember that all these crimes are committed by young blacks men.

You can't compare recent crime rate in London to what happens in many cities in Nigeria
That's wat they told you so u keep looking down on urself. Go to Google and type Vincent burgler UK.

What I agree with is all these crimes are committed by MEN due to toxic masculinity. I've not seen any woman involved in perpetrating London's violence.

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anyway my point is UK has social problems just like Nigeria. These days u hv to watch ur back in london. White & black youths commit crime a lot.

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:

That's wat they told you so u keep looking down on urself
. Go to Google and type Vincent burgler UK.

What I agree with is all these crimes are committed by MEN due to toxic masculinity. I've not seen any woman involved in perpetrating London's violence.

grin grin Its not what they told me, i'm stating facts and not propaganda like you are doing, you are the one with self esteem issue.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Gerrard59(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:

That's wat they told you so u keep looking down on urself. Go to Google and type Vincent burgler UK.

Any study to support this? And why is the same masculinity not prevalent in Tokyo or Singapore (safest cities globally according to the Economist Intelligent Unit)?
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by BigBashiru: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
justwise:

grin grin Its not what they told me, i'm stating facts and not propaganda like you are doing, you are the one with self esteem issue.
I don't have self esteem issue and i don't get personal on public forums....
Anyway those wishing to go to London and UK by all means go ahead all im saying is it's not paradise. Assume ur in oshodi/ Ajegunle and watch ur back. Stay woke.
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
BigBashiru:

I don't have self esteem issue and i don't get personal on public forums....
Anyway those wishing to go to London and UK by all means go ahead all im saying is it's not paradise. Assume ur in oshodi/ Ajegunle and watch ur back. Stay woke.

grin Yea those wishing to go to ''Abuja and Nigeria'' should watch their back too.

Comparing Nigeria to any developed country should be made a crime.

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by UncleJudax(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
And Una say dem ban Codeine?

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by samwash(m): 12:28am On Jun 18, 2018
I have said it b4 stop comparing either Lagos or Abuja to any European cities, dey can't even stand some of our African cities talk less of European cities.
Am sure the pple doing this comparison have not leave the this country b4.
Who nor go nor kwn !!!
I rest my case.
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Mille: 2:00am On Jun 18, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

He is not comparing London to "many cities in Nigeria". I believe he specifically mentioned 5 places in Nigeria and a parameter, the crime rate (security) of which he is 100% correct.

The killings and Moped attacks may not be "usually like that" but it still shows London is less safe than Ikoyi or Victoria Island. I could also argue based on your defense that Maiduguri is a safe city since terror attacks were also "usually not like that" and the killings are high for a fact.

I haven't lived in Maitama while I have only been to Asokoro thrice. But I schooled in VI, Worked at Ikoyi and yes, Lekki is my hometown (Yes, hometown. Don't be surprised smiley ). So I can speak for these places.

I live in Germany and I have been to London a couple of times, and I can boldly say that in terms of Security (crime), these 3 areas are much better than London, Paris and Frankfurt.
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by justwise(m): 5:14am On Jun 18, 2018
Mille:

He is not comparing London to "many cities in Nigeria". I believe he specifically mentioned 5 places in Nigeria and a parameter, the crime rate (security) of which he is 100% correct.

The killings and Moped attacks may not be "usually like that" but it still shows London is less safe than Ikoyi or Victoria Island. I could also argue based on your defense that Maiduguri is a safe city since terror attacks were also "usually not like that" and the killings are high for a fact.

I haven't lived in Maitama while I have only been to Asokoro thrice. But I schooled in VI, Worked at Ikoyi and yes, Lekki is my hometown (Yes, hometown. Don't be surprised smiley ). So I can speak for these places.

I live in Germany and I have been to London a couple of times, and I can boldly say that in terms of Security (crime), these 3 areas are much better than London, Paris and Frankfurt.

What is the official crime figure for those 3 areas you mentioned in Nigeria? Point out where it's published.

Comparing boko haram attacks in Maiduguri to crime in London is just an embarrassing joke

1 Like

Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by edi287: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2018
What a moronic statement. You compared the WHOLE CITY of London to few choice places in Lagos.
Why didn't you compare Lekki/VI/Asokoro/Ikoyi to Chelsea Sw3 and other wealthy places in London??
Stop smoking weed!
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Op is very dumb.
You're comparing one of the biggest megalopolis in the world to a section of city. cheesy
quick question!
what's the population of London?
and maitama (maybe 15,000) cheesy
what's the size?

if you want to compare, London Vs Lagos or London Vs Abuja
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Ugosample(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2018
Mille:

The comparison is very stupid.

He us comparing 5 enclaves to an entire city

Why not compare the crime rates in highbrow Lagos/Abuja to the crime rates in highbrow London?

Rubbish comparison
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Ugosample(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2018
edi287:
What a moronic statement. You compared the WHOLE CITY of London to few choice places in Lagos.
Why didn't you compare Lekki/VI/Asokoro/Ikoyi to Chelsea Sw3 and other wealthy places in London??
Stop smoking weed!

no mind that guy
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2018
BigBashiru:

Oga, irrespective of all the crime rates besieging UK streets...... Where would you rather reside permanently?
Re: London Vs Ikoyi/vi/asokoro/maitama/Lekki by queengift(f): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2018
BigBashiru:

How many Nigerians can afford to live in the above mentioned places here in Nigeria, your comparism should be London and Abuja in general

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Time Processing And Elapsed Time Processing Applications / Which Of Mod/idp Ielts Or Bc Would You Advice I Take My Ielts Test With? / Where Can I Immigrate To With Six Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.