Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

What Is Not Laughable About Taju’s VIDEO? (PHOTO) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Not Laughable About Taju’s VIDEO? (PHOTO) (623 Views)

We Opened Our 1st PIGGYBANK And, The Amount We Saved Is Quite LAUGHABLE!� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Not Laughable About Taju’s VIDEO? (PHOTO) by emwhyz(m): 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
Recently, a short video about a vulnerable 5 years old boy, Taju went viral on social media. Taju has become a suggested keyword on YouTube search, which would pop at you immediately you typed the first-two letters of Taju.

Honestly, I watched the video and I laughed, which is the major goal of whoever posted the shameful video. On the other hand, I asked myself if that’s the best… But thanks to those sensible Nigeria who planned to offer Taju a lifeline.

Now allow me to share with you the unlaughable part of Taju’s Video and you will understand the insensitivity part of an average Nigeria who are fortunate to have camera phones but have poor understanding about Citizen Journalism/Social Media Reporting.

Who’s TAJU? (From the Video)
• Vulnerable 5 years Old boy born by illiterate parents
• Lacks proper parenting/parental care
• Deprived of formal education
• Living in a rural/local part of S/W in Nigeria.
• Growing up in an area dominated by low educated people, artisans, commercial motorcycle operators
• Exposed to illicit drink sellers, Local herbs joint, motor-park tout, drug addict and users
• On the positive side, Taju sound smart and all he need is equal right and access to good education

However, the following views are what I found offensive to the vulnerability situation of TAJU:
• Identifying and showing of minor “5Years old” is against the ethics of citizen journalism.
• Taking advantage and abuse of his pitiable condition in his impressionable age is so distasteful
• Cursing the boy as “OLORI BUu” (an unfortunate child) is far fetch from what any sensible and caring parent will take lightly from anyone in an ideal society.
• Promoting and suggesting illicit drugs to the boy is tantamount to child abuse “S’o maa n fa skong?” (Do you smoke skong).

Suggestions
• Let us endeavor to discourage such practice in our society
• Volunteer teach (at least for one hour) or sponsor some of these vulnerable children within your locality.
• Let us hold our representatives accountable for qualitative education in our country

PS: Every child deserve equal chance and dehumanizing one another is not healthy

Re: What Is Not Laughable About Taju’s VIDEO? (PHOTO) by moscobabs(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Guy u take things too serious...."Eeleri buu' is not a curse in ibadan.I schooled there besides the that interviewed and recorded it is actually the helper. If not him some celebrities wouldnt have known that the boy 'Taju' exist
Re: What Is Not Laughable About Taju’s VIDEO? (PHOTO) by dotuna3(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
Good one there I support. We need a sane society.

(1) (Reply)

How I Slept With My Brother's Fiancée / Please vote for my niece, Contesting for the most beautiful face in Nigeria. / Sex Is The Most Important Thing In Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.