Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

UNIX Professional Meets Here. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / UNIX Professional Meets Here. (1392 Views)

CFA Level 1 December 2015 Meets Here / Economics Students And Graduates Meets Here / Acca December 08 Diet Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIX Professional Meets Here. by bolof2000(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
i started learning red hat linux just few weeks ago, i want real linux professional to advice how to really go about learning linux particularly
the command prompt without cramming and forgeting so much\

how do i intsall oracle on VMWARE on linux

UPDATED* (I started this thread way back 2010 at the entry of my career into IT.I hope this forum can help Unix professional discuss the challenges,job profiles and prospects in this area of profession.)
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by swscorpio: 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
Me 2 i am at d middle of it, want 2 write RH302 Exam any moment.But i dnt knw if there's a center for writing the Exam here in Nig.
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by wonlasewonimi: 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
bolof2000: i started learning red hat linux just few weeks ago, i want real linux professional to advice how to really go about learning linux particularly
the command prompt without cramming and forgeting so much\

how do i intsall oracle on VMWARE on linux

Get CBT nuggets and read RedHat books to practice.

Do you have access to vmware and oracle installation cds?
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by swscorpio: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
Is there's a center for writing the Exam here in Nig?
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by bolof2000(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
good to see this forum alive, i started this forum wayback 2010 when i was really intrested in Learning Unix/Linux.I primarily work with that today.I think you can write RHCSA and RHCE in Nigeria,although is a Lab exam..meaning you have to face a practical lab of about six hours for both exams.Luckily,I did my training and exams for the two in India then.another thing you can do is to do the LPI exams since those ones are not lab based.But i guess it was really worth it then to have face a lab exams for Red hat enterprise Linux.the exams gives u the right equivalent challenge u do face in real enviroment. If you need materials for learning Red hat enterprise Linux,you can drop your email here,i will get back to you on that.. smiley smiley
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by adeadebayor: 8:17am On Sep 04, 2012
This is the basic summary of all available videos, carefully go through it to know what is suitable to your ambitions and contact bayo on adeadebayor@gtmail.com

CCNA
640-822 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
640-816 ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
CCNP
642-812 BCMSN Building Converged Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
642-825 ISCW Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks
642-845 ONT Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks
642-901 BSCI Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks
CCSP
642-504 SNRS Securing Networks With Cisco Routers And Switches
642-524 SNAF Securing Networks With ASA Fundamentals
642-533 IPS Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems
compTIA
A+,Linux+, Project+, security+, Network+, Server+
Microsoft
All my microsoft certifications.
Project Management
PMP, Agile Project Management
Programming
C-sharp, Sun certified Java Programmer, Visual basic scripting, PHP, CIW Certified Internet Web Professional - CIW Foundations.rar
Others
CEH Certified Ethical Hacker,
CCA Citrix Certified Administrator,
CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor,
CISM Certified Information Security Manager,
CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional,
CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator,
CWNE Certified Wireless Network Expert,
ITIL Information Technology Infrastructure Library,
OCA-DBA Oracle Certified Associate - Database Administrator,
RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer,
SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner,
VCP VMware Certified Professional

All certifications are available for dumps.
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by Ganddy: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
@bolof2000, Im interested in the material, i just start learning Linux last month and also preparing for the LX0-101 exam. my email is knowiit247(at)gmail.com.

I will appreciate if you can help me with RedHat OS. Have been trying the download but internet was too poor.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by bolof2000(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
i cant email the OS cos is an iso. i have both red hat 5.4 and 6.1 enterprise. if u work on the island,let me know,i can make time to help u set up a Virtual machine that can let u practise for your exams .But i will advise you remove exam from your mind and just learn,understand and practice.that will give u the desire skills u want.Also,Ones u know how to use Linux,U can easily learn Unix(Solaris,HP-aix).So,focus on mastering the OS rather than focusing on just passing exams. i will email you soon.
Ganddy: @bolof2000, Im interested in the material, i just start learning Linux last month and also preparing for the LX0-101 exam. my email is knowiit247(at)gmail.com
I will appreciate if you can help me with RedHat OS. Have been trying the download but internet was too poor.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by mikkyphp(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2012
@bolof2000, i guess a suitable name for this thread should be UNIX Professionals as it's all encompassing and the father of all. then you can get guys from telecoms, service provider environments as well as enterprise contributing. It's cool. Unix is lovely,i work with Oracle Solaris 10, a little with red-hat back in my enterprise days.
I like your advice to Ganddy that he shouldn't focus on the exam, instead instead he should focus on knowledge. It's sad that a lot of people resort to certificate collection these days and not knowledge. Unix isnt for the faint hearted, you need to be willing to go all the way, and it certainly pays off in the end.

1 Like

Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by bolof2000(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2012
people focus on Certifications and miss the real point of learning which is to be able to use what you are learning.sad.
mikkyphp: @bolof2000, i guess a suitable name for this thread should be UNIX Professionals as it's all encompassing and the father of all. then you can get guys from telecoms, service provider environments as well as enterprise contributing. It's cool. Unix is lovely,i work with Oracle Solaris 10, a little with red-hat back in my enterprise days.
I like your advice to Ganddy that he shouldn't focus on the exam, instead instead he should focus on knowledge. It's sad that a lot of people resort to certificate collection these days and not knowledge. Unix isnt for the faint hearted, you need to be willing to go all the way, and it certainly pays off in the end.
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by swscorpio: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
good to see this forum alive, i started this forum wayback 2010 when i was really intrested in Learning Unix/Linux.I primarily work with that today.I think you can write RHCSA and RHCE in Nigeria,although is a Lab exam..meaning you have to face a practical lab of about six hours for both exams.Luckily,I did my training and exams for the two in India then.another thing you can do is to do the LPI exams since those ones are not lab based.But i guess it was really worth it then to have face a lab exams for Red hat enterprise Linux.the exams gives u the right equivalent challenge u do face in real enviroment. If you need materials for learning Red hat enterprise Linux,you can drop your email here,i will get back to you on that.. smiley smiley
@ bolof2000, Here's my e-mail address:sadiqbandiya@yahoo.com i will be very grateful if i can get this materials,may 6.1 enterprise and any relevant stuffs.Thanks Man!
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by swscorpio: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
@ bolof2000, Here's my e-mail address:sadiqbandiya@yahoo.com i will be very grateful if i can get this materials,may 6.1 enterprise and any relevant stuffs.Thanks Man!
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by jossyfal: 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
@Bolof2000...plz i urgently need ur assistnce on linux nd unix..dis ismy email ola.josiah@yahoo.com, i hpe to hear frm U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ soon
Re: UNIX Professional Meets Here. by ffo(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2013
this is my email address: dbafemi@gmail.com

pls will b expecting to hear from u. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is Joint Professionals Training & Support Int'l Certificate Genuine In Nigeria? / Make Career In India By Studying Over There / Skill Acquisition As A Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.