Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! (5592 Views)

My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday / Parents Be Watchful Over Your Girl Child /www.marylouiseonline.com / Always Have Your Watchful Eyes On Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
cheesy
I, with a friend had an hilarious experience with some swindlers yesterday who obviously were novices in the game. So many people must have fallen for this, I believe. If we hadn't been rigid and unyielding to their advances, we would surely have been dead meats or perhaps, decapacitated from the dilemma.

We had to attend the Bailey's Bake Fiesta at Victoria Island. I had called Her 30 minutes earlier to meet me at Costain, since I didn't want to be kept waiting. I hate delay sad. She still wasted 40 out of the 30 minutes ultimatum I instructed.

As soon as she had arrived, I couldn't help but to scold her with every venom in me. wink. In between the fracas ensuing, she pointed at a green colored car emerging, which wasn't an Uber nor a Taxify but I couldn't wait no further, so I did the needful. I signaled at the driver to come to a halt, which he did, but he kept cursing and shouting at us about how we were causing traffic. I ignored his rant, asking him for the price to bundle us to CMS.

He replied, Madam na 200 for two of you o!
I was like, eleyi ya were ni? sad
Kini 200 naira? For that short journey?
I replied further, Oga na 100 for each of Us o. He was in a fix, and further didn't want to be delayed. He told us to hop in. What a smooth ride.

The real deal. Watch this space.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by dingbang(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
undecided
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
We had company. My friend was in the middle while I sat by the door. There was another hungry-looking, blood-shot eyed Yoruba guy who sat next to my friend. At the front seat, there sat a supposedly Igbo Business man (so he claimed). Immediately i entered that cab, I knew something wasn't right. I had had this unusual feeling before I left home. I prayed fervently before leaving. I still didn't feel right.

Five minutes after, he asked for the fare. I gave him a 200N crispy note wink. The blood-shot eyed master gave him 500N. Immediately he did this, the driver screamed a question which i cannot recall. I wasn't affected. I kept surfing on Nairaland amidst the argument ensuing between himself and the blood-shot eyed master. I cared less. He brought the car to a halt, further wasting my time to getting to my destination. I seethed inwardly.

Since he saw I had payed less attention to their jabber-dabber, he indulged the concern of my friend which she gave in full dose.
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
dingbang:
undecided

I've dropped the continuation. Just be attentive. wink
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by ifex370(m): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Please quote when you complete the story
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by dingbang(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

feeling sleepy.. Goodnight .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
The argument was getting unbearable. I had to be attentive. I had no choice.

He asked this guy 'where did you get this fake 500N you just gave me? shocked
Haha? Iru ibeere oshi wo leleyi?
This guy replied, 'mo mu ni ile no ni (I picked it on the ground). How dare you question someone about where he saw his money?

I felt the pain, but then, everything seemed fishy.
He further asked this guy what he kept in the car's booth. 'Oga, na my bag.
Wetin dey inside?
Dollars no ni. shocked
Okoko! That rang a bell! I knew I was down for some holy shits! grin

Nibo loti get dollars? The driver asked.
'From my madam', the guy replied. He then went to explain how he stole this from an imaginary 'Madam' whom he served at Kaduna before eloping. He kept giving that sorry face, but I wasn't buying it.
The driver asked him, how much dey inside the bag?
1.8 million dollars ni Sir. Oboy! cheesy
This was too good to be true mehn.
That's some 800 million Naira or plus. Damn!

He kept cursing, shouting and threatening. The typical Yoruba man cool. He threatened on how he was going to call the whole CMS boys to come and deal with him. This guy kept pleading. He pleaded with us to plead with him (the driver). My friend gave in, but I was totally unemotional to the situation. I knew something wasn't right. Meanwhile, in the course of the fracas, this Igbo man jointly questioned him too, at the same time pleading with the driver. The Driver said he was going to take him to the police, but the Igbo man was hell bent on redeeming the supposed criminal.
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
ifex370:

Please quote when you complete the story

Dude, it isn't a story. This shit happened to me yesterday.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
dingbang:
feeling sleepy.. Goodnight .

Okay. You'll read when you wake up.
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by dingbang(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

ah ah.. If its not a story then what is it? A poem? cheesy you are only narrating what happened to you in the past , that makes it a story. Stories are classified into two, fiction and non fiction

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by dingbang(m): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Okay. You'll read when you wake up.
lol..you came back and posted.. Not sleeping again ... Lol that your friend tho..
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
dingbang:
ah ah.. If its not a story then what is it? A poem? cheesy you are only narrating what happened to you in the past , that makes it a story. Stories are classified into two, fiction and non fiction

Ok. Noted! Don't spoil my soup.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by dingbang(m): 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ok. Noted! Don't spoil my soup.
cheesy na so
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by ifex370(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ngwan complete it na
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:01am On Jun 18, 2018
The whole scenario was getting unbearable. I couldn't accept that shit no further. What the F? I was getting impatient. The thought of not seeing my glorified 'IK Ogbonna' was already driving me bunkers. As the reserved person that I am, I seethed with pride and pain. That was what could ensure i didn't explode with anger.

He told us that there was a Koran placed above the money, that whoever touched, spent or had any dealing with it will die. He had earlier promised each of us 5000$ o!

O girl, you dey dull yourself? This na surest way to become a millionaire o. cheesy
I had mixed emotions. The driver began to drive to the supposed Police Station.
I snapped back. I ordered him to stop immediately, that I wanted to get down. He halted. I could see that look of disappointment on his face, and then a voice told me, 'Victoria, stay back. You're in for a movie. Holy shit! That voice was mad, to be honest.

I quickly refrained. 'Oya, ema worry, e je a malo. His facial expression changed again to pleasure I guess. The Igbo man, the culprit and my friend kept pleading with the driver not to get him arrested. I joined in. My friend looked at me with dismay, 'kilo n she omo werey Victoria yii gan naa?

He halted again. This time, I had to pay attention to the movie. He asked us of our professions, The Igbo man said he was a Tyre dealer at CMS. My friend said she was a hustler grin. I told him I was a business-woman. In his countenance, yeaaa, him don catch maga. He then inquired of my friend on where we could get a 'magician' to break the curse over our dollars. My friend affirmatively nodded her foolish head and told him she had a place in mind. The Igbo man snapped!

Did i mention that this Igbo man spoke Yoruba fluently than me? He even used proverbs. These people knew themselves all along. The Tyre dealer was the master-mind of everythang.

Our tyre dealer told him that he knew an old woman whom his sister used her service when she wanted to put to bed. Oh, my stupid friend couldn't stop pinching me, whispering in my ears for us to get down. I hit her shoulder with a hard blow! cheesy

Will you leave me alone, bitch?
You asked for this, now have at it!

He directed the driver to the destination of our old mama.
He parked on the road. Only God knows where I was! We got down and trekked, stepping on every muddy water just to set free our gangster and at the same time getting paid our dues. cheesy

We walked down. It was a long walk. Everyone on that street kept staring at us like we were aliens. Little did we know that they knew. If only we knew.

We got to the place. It was a massive, dirty refuse dump site. WTF?
Your sister gave birth here, I asked.
He said, Yes Madam, na your business?

Haah. Sorry o! Na just question na.

Now the real deal began...
The driver kept convincing us on how we should go together as one to know what the outcome of the matter would be. The hut where our imaginary old mama stayed still strayed far into the refuse site, out of the sight of humans. This was where they hypnotized and robbed off their victims of their valuables. I strongly obliged and stood my ground. I told Him, No!
Mister, we're doing you a favour by being here. We care less about the outcome. He pleaded seriously o!
The Igbo man kept saying to me' come, you dey go now! Leave your friend make we follow go. I shut him up instantly!

I dragged my stupid friend's right hand and we left. Shebi, if they really meant business, they'd have journeyed on their own paths?
This wasn't so o!
This people followed us back. The atmosphere was getting too tense now. My friend had began crying and stamping her feet.

I had to stop for our grand masters to lead the way. I didn't want anyone to stab me from the back.

The man urged us to get into the car so he could drop us at out destination, we bluntly told him NO!
We were on the road with cars passing, but this my friend kept crying. I yelled at her to stop her incessant whining and allow me concentrate. If she hadn't dug further into their fruitless conversation, she'd have had more time to know that those guys weren't for real.

They still came back to tell us to come in. This time, I yelled at them and told them that if they continued with that, I'd raise an alarm. They left. We copied their plate number. Meanwhile, I recorded all that ensued from the beginning till the end.

Immediately they left, Two men came to us and told us how lucky we were. They went further to tell us that we'd have been dead meats. Really? You know about all these and still
Keep/kept quiet?

We shouldn't careless about the happenings in our surroundings. Be alert!
People had shared similar stories like this with me. I'm glad I came out alive and wasn't pushed by greed and still have a story to tell. There are too many loopholes on how to know these people. God is still in the business of answering prayers. Thank God for my rigidity! Thank God we weren't jazzed too. It'd have been a different story.

Huhnmm. Of course, We boarded a bus to our destination, and alas, I still got to see my 'Ik Ogbonna'. I'd never been more glad. I didn't miss the fun after all.

cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by prico32(m): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2018
See another one here. Dont fall victim to his scam's

#ExposeThem

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by IamPlato(m): 2:13am On Jun 18, 2018

Old Ritualist Trick!

Immediately I Saw "My Ik Igbonna" the Atmosphere Changed, I Then Suddenly Had Dust In My Right Eye...

The Souls in Me Singing Songs Of Battle Lost...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by enyi1: 2:35am On Jun 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
The whole scenario was getting unbearable. I couldn't accept that shit no further. What the F? I was getting impatient. The thought of not seeing my glorified 'IK Ogbonna' was already driving me bunkers. As the reserved person that I am, I seethed with pride and pain. That was what could ensure i didn't explode with anger.

He told us that there was a Koran placed above the money, that whoever touched, spent or had any dealing with it will die. He had earlier promised each of us 5000$ o!

O girl, you dey dull yourself? This na surest way to become a millionaire o. cheesy
I had mixed emotions. The driver began to drive to the supposed Police Station.
I snapped back. I ordered him to stop immediately, that I wanted to get down. He halted. I could see that look of disappointment on his face, and then a voice told me, 'Victoria, stay back. You're in for a movie. Holy shit! That voice was mad, to be honest.

I quickly refrained. 'Oya, ema worry, e je a malo. His facial expression changed again to pleasure I guess. The Igbo man, the culprit and my friend kept pleading with the driver not to get him arrested. I joined in. My friend looked at me with dismay, 'kilo n she omo werey Victoria e gono?

He halted again. This time, I had to pay attention to the movie. He asked us of our professions, The Igbo man said he was a Tyre dealer at CMS. My friend said she was a hustler grin. I told him I was a business-woman. In his countenance, yeaaa, him don catch maga. He then inquired of my friend on where we could get a 'magician' to break the curse over our dollars. My friend affirmatively nodded her foolish head and told him she had a place in mind. The Igbo man snapped!

Did i mention that this Igbo man spoke Yoruba fluently than me? He even used proverbs. These people knew themselves all along. The Tyre dealer was the master-mind of everythang.

Our tyre dealer told him that he knew an old woman whom his sister used her service when she wanted to put to bed. Oh, my stupid friend couldn't stop pinching me, whispering in my ears for us to get down. I hit her shoulder with a hard blow! cheesy

Will you leave me alone, bitch?
You asked for this, now have at it!

He directed the driver to the destination of our old mama.
He parked on the road. Only God knows where I was! We got down and trekked, stepping on every muddy water just to set free our gangster and at the same time getting paid our dues. cheesy

We walked down. It was a long walk. Everyone on that street kept staring at us like we were aliens. Little did we know that they knew. If only we knew.

We got to the place. It was a massive, dirty refuse dump site. WTF?
Your sister gave birth here, I asked.
He said, Yes Madam, na your business?

Haah. Sorry o! Na just question na.

Now the real deal began...
The driver kept convincing us on how we should go together as one to know what the outcome of the matter would be. The hut where our imaginary old mama stayed still strayed far into the refuse site, out of the sight of humans. This was where they hypnotized and robbed off their victims of their valuables. I strongly obliged and stood my ground. I told Him, No!
Mister, we're doing you a favour by being here. We care less about the outcome. He pleaded seriously o!
The Igbo man kept saying to me' come, you dey go now! Leave your friend make we follow go. I shut him up instantly!

I dragged my stupid friend's right hand and we left. Shebi, if they really meant business, they'd have journeyed on their own paths?
This wasn't so o!
This people followed us back. The atmosphere was getting too tense now. My friend had began crying and stamping her feet.

I had to stop for our grand masters to lead the way. I didn't want anyone to stab me from the back.

The man urged us to get into the car so he could drop us at out destination, we bluntly told him NO!
We were on the road with cars passing, but this my friend kept crying. I yelled at her to stop her incessant whining and allow me concentrate. If she hadn't dug further into their fruitless conversation, she'd have had more time to know that those guys weren't for real.

They still came back to tell us to come in. This time, I yelled at them and told them that if they continued with that, I'd raise an alarm. They left. We copied their plate number. Meanwhile, I recorded all that ensued from the beginning till the end.

Immediately they left, Two men came to us and told us how lucky we were. They went further to tell us that we'd have been dead meats. Really? You know about all these and still
Keep/kept quiet?

We shouldn't careless about the happenings in our surroundings. Be alert!
People had shared similar stories like this with me. I'm glad I came out alive and wasn't pushed by greed and still have a story to tell. There are too many loopholes on how to know these people. God is still in the business of answering prayers. Thank God for my rigidity! Thank God we weren't jazzed too. It'd have been a different story.

Huhnmm. Of course, We boarded a bus to our destination, and alas, I still got to see my 'Ik Ogbonna'. I'd never been more glad. I didn't miss the fun after all.

cc: Lalasticlala
Reading your story which i don't know if it's fiction or real, i was filled with anger and rage . what exactly is your point? Are you trying to prove that you are clever or brave? Following total strangers unarmed and putting another innocent live on the line just to score a cheap point in your wisdom was very foolish of you. In your wrapped up mind now you are a pro and deserve a medal but i tell you that what you deserve is a bullet on the head for the innocent live you played pranks with. Taking useless risk just to post it on nairaland is awful. I am so angry now.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 18, 2018
enyi1:

Reading your story which i don't know if it's fiction or real, i was filled with anger and rage . what exactly is your point? Are you trying to prove that you are clever or brave? Following total strangers unarmed and putting another innocent live on the line just to score a cheap point in your wisdom was very foolish of you. In your wrapped up mind now you are a pro and deserve a medal but i tell you that what you deserve is a bullet on the head for the innocent live you played pranks with. Taking useless risk just to post it on nairaland is awful. I am so angry now.
i don't think you're can be as angry as I am right now!!!! I feel like slapping the Op! WTF!!!!??which kain style be this one na? Does it mean some percentage of preys that ended up 'burnt' by this people entered into their den foolishly?

You actually saw danger looming and you majestically walked into it with reckless abandon? angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by sisisioge: 5:51am On Jun 18, 2018
Jisos! How very abnormal of you to follow them at all having heard the dollar saga. In fact, once my co passengers start any funny gists like this na to stop straight I dey so. Thank God for your life...please don't be tempted to see this kinda saga through again. It could have been worse.

And no more unbranded taxis pls grin

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by CarsGuideNG: 6:27am On Jun 18, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
The argument was getting unbearable. I had to be attentive. I had no choice.

He asked this guy 'where did you get this fake 500N you just gave me? shocked
Haha? Iru ibeere oshi wo leleyi?
This guy replied, 'mo mu ni ile no ni (I picked it on the ground). How dare you question someone about where he saw his money?

I felt the pain, but then, everything seemed fishy.
He further asked this guy what he kept in the car's booth. 'Oga, na my bag.
Wetin dey inside?
Dollars no ni. shocked
Okoko! That rang a bell! I knew I was down for some holy shits! grin

Nibo loti get dollars? The driver asked.
'From my madam', the guy replied. He then went to explain how he stole this from an imaginary 'Madam' whom he served at Kaduna before eloping. He kept giving that sorry face, but I wasn't buying it.
The driver asked him, how much dey inside the bag?
1.8 million dollars ni Sir. Oboy! cheesy
This was too good to be true mehn.
That's some 800 million dollars or plus. Damn!

He kept cursing, shouting and threatening. The typical Yoruba man cool. He threatened on how he was going to call the whole CMS boys to come and deal with him. This guy kept pleading. He pleaded with us to plead with him (the driver). My friend gave in, but I was totally unemotional to the situation. I knew something wasn't right. Meanwhile, in the course of the fracas, this Igbo man jointly questioned him too, at the same time pleading with the driver. The Driver said he was going to take him to the police, but the Igbo man was hell bent on redeeming the supposed criminal.

You mean Naira? wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 18, 2018
I’m sure that this is fiction. No one can be this asinine. I think.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by Almaiga: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2018
enyi1:

I tire for her, I kept reading cause I thought she will at the end display a bravery scene, where she was able to get them arrested or something.
Op, don't try this poo next time, they would've hipnotised you long before you get to this stage.
The moment you noticed them, avoid them immidiately.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You mean Naira? wink

Yea dude. I was so ecstatic with writing out the ordeal that I couldn't concentrate. Thanks.
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I’m sure that this is fiction. No one can be this asinine. I think.

For real. It's non-fiction. It happened to us. The Dare Devil in me woke up, and I darned all consequences to watch till the end.
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Almaiga:

I tire for her, I kept reading cause I thought she will at the end display a bravery scene, where she was able to get them arrested or something.
Op, don't try this poo next time, they would've hipnotised you long before you get to this stage.
The moment you noticed them, avoid them immidiately.

Thanks. I sure will never try that poo again. We copied out their plate number. Will that help?
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2018
IamPlato:

Old Ritualist Trick!

Immediately I Saw "My Ik Igbonna" the Atmosphere Changed, I Then Suddenly Had Dust In My Right Eye...

The Souls in Me Singing Songs Of Battle Lost...

Whatcha mean, Danny?
You mean you do not believe my story? cheesy
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2018
enyi1:

cheesy cheesy
She was surely enjoying the journey.
And yea, I deserve some lashing. Gawd! Was I high on tramadol? undecided
Thank Jesus.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2018
yettymuse:
i don't think you're can be as angry as I am right now!!!! I feel like slapping the Op! WTF!!!!??which kain style be this one na? Does it mean some percentage of preys that ended up 'burnt' by this people entered into their den foolishly?

You actually saw danger looming and you majestically walked into it with reckless abandon? angry

wink wink

C'mon. Don't get so mad at me now!
I trusted my gut instinct and i still dared it. Such poo!
I dared God too. I have few evidences that can be able to fish them out. wink

Sense will not kill me. grin
Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2018
sisisioge:
Jisos! How very abnormal of you to follow them at all having heard the dollar saga. In fact, once my co passengers start any funny gists like this na to stop straight I dey so. Thank God for your life...please don't be tempted to see this kinda saga through again. It could have been worse.

And no more unbranded taxis pls grin

shocked To say I was stupid will be an understatement. I was high on codeine.

wink Thanks for being nice. You're the only one who didn't scold me like a baby. cry

Yes o! No more unbranded taxis.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honour Thy Mother And Father: What Does This Mean To You? / What Is The Right Age For A Child To Start School? / What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.