Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? (1592 Views)

Please What Drug Can Someone Use To Remove Pregnancy / What Drug Can I Take To Prevent HIV After Having Sex?? / What Drug Can A Friend Take After MouthAction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by LamarJR(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2018
Morning nairalanders, I was having sex yesterday with a random girl and the condom broke. I'm scared I may have been exposed to hiv.

Please what drugs can one take for this? This happened 8 hours ago..
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by sinaj(f): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2018
PrEP drug.
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by zionmde: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2018
stitch the condom and continue
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by LamarJR(m): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2018
sinaj:
PrEP drug.

Can I get it at pharmacy??
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by sinaj(f): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2018
LamarJR:

Can I get it at pharmacy??
Federal hospitals
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Honos: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2018
LamarJR:
Morning nairalanders, I was having sex yesterday with a random girl and the condom broke. I'm scared I may have been exposed to hiv.

Please what drugs can one take for this? This happened 8 hours ago..
Guy, just forget about it, you already have HIV.

2 Likes

Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by LamarJR(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
Honos:
Guy, just forget about it, you already have HIV.

Lol you they crase.
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Look for any brand of drug that contains the following combinations of drugs Efavirenz,emtricitabine and Tenofovir.One of the most commond brands is Viraday but you can also buy any brand that has the PEP combinatiosn listed above.You can get it at big pharmacies.
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Flye: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Look for any brand of drug that contains the following combinations of drugs Efavirenz,emtricitabine and Tenofovir.One of the most commond brands is Viraday but you can also buy any brand that has the PEP combinatiosn listed above.You can get it at big pharmacies.

That Efavirenz is very costly ooo, the last time I wanted to buy it, the doctors at Emmergency ward of Federal medical centre Jabi FCT talked me out of it. Well I wanted to get it because I was afraid of exposure to Lassa virus.
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Prep
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
Flye:

That Efavirenz is very costly ooo, the last time I wanted to buy it, the doctors at Emmergency ward of Federal medical centre Jabi FCT talked me out of it. Well I wanted to get it because I was afraid of exposure to Lassa virus.

you get choice? either buy it or risk HIV.The funny thing is that if you eventually get the virus you will still be taking the drugs.One pack should be between N15K-20K I guess.For HIV PEP you actually need a combo of those drugs in this ratio

Emtricitabine - 200 MG
• Tenofovir - 300 MG
• Efavirenz - 600 MG
https://www.tabletwise.com/viraday-tablet
Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
BTW after 72 hous if PEP is not started then it better leave the matter to God as PEP becomes useless after this time interval.

1 Like

Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
Op d time u dey waste here asking nairalanders for HIV drugs will be enuf for u to run to a good Govt hospital and get ur treatment.

Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
zionmde:
stitch the condom and continue

Re: What Hiv Post Exposure Drug Can One Take? by Okejazz(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
If her HIV status is established as positive, your approach should be to know your status NOW. Repeat another test at the hospital in 4-6 weeks, 3 months then in 6 months.

Ideally therapy should begin right away within 3 days. Efavirenz is okay, but you have to take that on empty stomach. And because the non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNTI) are known for their unique psychiatric side effects (nightmares, hallucination, suicidal thoughts, etc) and toxicity on the liver these class of ART drugs have fallen out of favor unless needed. Per the 2013 update on the IDSA Guidelines the PREFFERED PEP recommendation is a 3 drug regimen to include raltegravir, emtricitabine/Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. Treatment duration is 4-weeks and don’t take this combo with antacids, H2RAs and PPIs.

(1) (Reply)

One Thing I Learnt From The Bang Rule That Women Cant Resist / Nigerian Counsellor Weds Himself; Invite Friends To His "Holy Sologamy" In Abuja / My Mum, Neighbours And Classmates Shamed Me For Being Busty - Busty Lady Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.