Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 PM

Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba (2981 Views)

Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Origin Of The Name Bello?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:35am On Jun 18, 2018
Firstly Yoruba only applies to people of Oyo origin. And was later used as a term to apply to all SW people. Hence, Ijebu, Egba,etc are not Yoruba.

Yoruba people migrated from Ancient Egypt, Kush. They are one of the tribes that enslaved the Hebrew Israelites in the bible.

Ile-Ife is therefore not the true origin of Yoruba. The so-called Ile-Ife of old i.e. Owodaiye was part of Ijebu land. The Yoruba have stolen the history of their origin from Ijebu. All of current Osun state was all Ijebu land as at 1892 as per map below

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by kasimseun(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2018
The Ibadans stole osun state from the ijebus... During the war
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 9:05am On Jun 18, 2018
They have now reduced Awujale to the least powerful traditional ruler when history shows Awujale was the most powerful ruler. The Oyo Yoruba have conspired with the British and created a false spiritual capital for Yoruba in stolen land - How on earth is Ooni of Ife the head? Frauds!!!
kasimseun:
The Ibadans stole osun state from the ijebus... During the war
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by EdoNation(f): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Fire on �, The truth too sweet Abel

Davidnazee
Prolog2
Axxeman
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2018
Yoruba truly are frauds! Stolen the heritage and history of the sons of Jebu. Hence ‘Yoruba demons’

Yet another map...I see Ijebu, I see Benin.
Oya Yoruba people come and defend your history!
EdoNation:
Fire on �, The truth too sweet Abel

Davidnazee
Prolog2
Axxeman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2018
Even part of Lagos was Ijebu land. Example Ibeju lekki is actually Ijebu Lekki. Thieves!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2018
The deepest revelation of all is that Ijebu land is in fact the holy land of the scripture.
The holy land was infact a combination of the names ‘Jebus’ and ‘Salem’ - Jebusalem
Eredo (system of defensive walls) is in fact the boundary of this ancient Jebusite fortress as per picture below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
The true lineage of King David and Solomon and the coming Messiah or Christ or ‘son of man’ is an ancient Jebusite order i.e. the order of Melchizedek.

Eredo is linked to Bilikisu Sugbon aka Makeda aka Queen of Sheba because she was infact Jebus. The whole of sub-Saharan Africa used to be called Ethiopia.

GodSon34:
The deepest revelation of all is that Ijebu land is in fact the holy land of the scripture.
The holy land was infact a combination of the names ‘Jebus’ and ‘Salem’ - Jebusalem
Eredo (system of defensive walls) is in fact the boundary of this ancient Jebusite fortress as per picture below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by Moneywomen17(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Wanted to cmargue but I went through some of ur old post what i saw confirm what I thought u are a mad person whoever u are lol and anybody that goes back and forth with u is mad as well.

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
You must be Yoruba. Either defend your history or stay off this thread. This is not about mad or not. It’s history from another perspective.
Moneywomen17:
Wanted to cmargue but I went through some of ur old post what i saw confirm what I thought u are a mad person whoever u are lol and anybody that goes back and forth with u is mad as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by BabaRamota1980: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:
You must be Yoruba. Either defend your history or stay off this thread. This is not about mad or not. It’s history from another perspective.

Your witchery is without limits. grin
It took you from your homeland in Edo to Jebusalem and Whydah.
Mmttcccheeew...smh

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by Moneywomen17(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Mmttcccheeew...smh
lol
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
You cannot deny the fact that Osun state Is new. It was created out of old Oyo and Oyo stole the land from Ijebu. I’m sorry but the map proves this. I didn’t create the map. Go and ask your colonial masters that did.
BabaRamota1980:

Mmttcccheeew...smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by 9jakool: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
You cannot deny the fact that Osun state Is new. It was created out of old Oyo and Oyo stole the land from Ijebu. I’m sorry but the map proves this. I didn’t create the map. Go and ask your colonial masters that did.
Osun state is a merger of Oyo, Ibolo, Ijesha, Ife, Igbomina, and Owu peoples. Ijebus are not native to Osun or Oyo. You are a deluded brainwashed individual who's suffering from inferiority complex. You better retrace the steps of your forefathers, maybe it'll help you know your history. You can be religious, but that's not a reason to concoct stories after thing air to feel egocentric. FYI, those map proves nothing about your lies. What those maps prove is that the Portuguese and other Europeans had a contact with a coastal people they know as "Jabu" centuries ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by DonCandido(f): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
They have now reduced Awujale to the least powerful traditional ruler when history shows Awujale was the most powerful ruler. The Oyo Yoruba have conspired with the British and created a false spiritual capital for Yoruba in stolen land - How on earth is Ooni of Ife the head? Frauds!!!

I propose that going forward, OPs should be mandated to submit certificate of mental well-being from a recognized psychiatrist institution before they are allowed to create threads.

@GodSon is either suffering from depression, mad cow disease or both. The symptoms are in his writings and on his page.

Sick people should be in the hospital and not on Nairaland.

Have my sympathy and get well soon.

Please get off Nairaland until you are certified okay.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:20am On Jun 19, 2018
This one nko? This is an 1892 map.
9jakool:

Osun state is a merger of Oyo, Ibolo, Ijesha, Ife, Igbomina, and Owu peoples. Ijebus are not native to Osun or Oyo. You are a deluded brainwashed individual who's suffering from inferiority complex. You better retrace the steps of your forefathers, maybe it'll help you know your history. You can be religious, but that's not a reason to concoct stories after thing air to feel egocentric. FYI, those map proves nothing about your lies. What those maps prove is that the Portuguese and other Europeans had a contact with a coastal people they know as "Jabu" centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by 9jakool: 8:25am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
This one nko? This is an 1892 map.
It shows Ijebu being bordered by Ibadan to the North. This is still true today. Ijebu is bounded by Ibadan to the North.

2 Likes

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:27am On Jun 19, 2018
You people are lame. Cannot defend your fake history or fake religion so resort to calling person mad. That tactic is now old. Try again bruv!
DonCandido:

I propose that going forward, OPs should be mandated to submit certificate of mental well-being from a recognized psychiatrist institution before they are allowed to create threads.

@GodSon is either suffering from depression, mad cow disease or both. The symptoms are in his writings and on his page.

Sick people should be in the hospital and not on Nairaland.

Have my sympathy and get well soon.

Please get off Nairaland until you are certified okay.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2018
Where is Osun or Ile Ife? Doesn’t it strike you as strange that it is deemed spiritual capital of Yoruba when in fact it cannot be found on old maps? Yet the Ooni of Ife will be running around like pepeye, visiting the Uk. That one nah slave to the British.

The British have taken control of the traditional ruler ship structure in Yoruba land. Ooni is a puppet!
9jakool:

It shows Ijebu being bordered by Ibadan to the North. This is still true today. Ijebu is bounded by Ibadan to the North.
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2018
Treaty btw Oyo and the British

1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by 9jakool: 9:08am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
Where is Osun or Ile Ife? Doesn’t it strike you as strange that it is deemed spiritual capital of Yoruba when in fact it cannot be found on old maps? Yet the Ooni of Ife will be running around like pepeye, visiting the Uk. That one nah slave to the British.

The British have taken control of the traditional ruler ship structure in Yoruba land. Ooni is a puppet!

See this is why you fail, and lack simple logic. First of all that map didn't depict all of Yorubaland or Nigeria. Where's Ekiti, Akoko, or Igbomina. Plus maps are only supposed to highlight some important landmarks not every city or tribe is going to be highlighted. First hand accounts about a people are a way better primary source. Europeans didn't have the best cartography skills until modern times and the development of the satellite and computer technology. Osun is not a subgroup of Yoruba, but an administrative division derived from the Osun river, which is shown in the maps. It's the same way Ogun is not a subgroup of Yoruba, but a mere political division. This is just common sense that i shouldn't be explaining. Didn't you learn basic geography?

Also one of your map shows the city state of Ile-Ife. Smh. You have zero case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2018
Both maps show Oshun river in Jebu land o. States are a new concept. That region had countries. Ijebu was a country. The point is Oyo, Benin, Ijebu, Egba and Ketu existed in the past. The point also is Osun today was carved out of Ijebu land because Oyo took the land during the wars. The British supported Allafin to conquer other regions and labelled it all Yoruba.
9jakool:

See this is why you fail, and lack simple logic. First of all that map didn't depict all of Yorubaland or Nigeria. Where's Ekiti, Akoko, or Igbomina. Plus maps are only supposed to highlight some important landmarks not every city or tribe is going to be highlighted. First hand accounts about a people are a way better primary source. Europeans didn't have the best cartography skills until modern times and the development of the satellite and computer technology. Osun is not a subgroup of Yoruba, but an administrative division derived from the Osun river, which is shown in the maps. It's the same way Ogun is not a subgroup of Yoruba, but a mere political division. This is just common sense that i shouldn't be explaining. Didn't you learn basic geography?

Also one of your map shows the city state of Ile-Ife. Smh. You have zero case

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by 9jakool: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
Both maps show Oshun river in Jebu land o. States are a new concept. That region had countries. Ijebu was a country. The point is Oyo, Benin, Ijebu, Egba and Ketu existed in the past. The point also is Osun today was carved out of Ijebu land because Oyo took the land during the wars. The British supported Allafin to conquer other regions and labelled it all Yoruba.
So, in your deluded mind, all of what is today Osun state is Ijebu land. Lol, I hope you are kidding. Give me the names of towns in Osun state that were Ijebu.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2018
The thread is about the origin of so-called Yoruba people. And the claims about Ile Ife Being the origin championed by Ooni of Ife. And how Osun and Ife is supposedly the spiritual capital of Yoruba. Feel free to read my other posts about Ijebu. I am not going to argue with you if you do not know or want to know about the true history of Ijebu land.
9jakool:

So, in your deluded mind, all of what is today Osun state is Ijebu land. Lol, I hope you are kidding. Give me the names of towns in Osun state that were Ijebu.
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by OlaoChi: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2018
I've said it. In Nigeria every unemployed fool is an historian
Look at this one and his inventive history
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by 9jakool: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
The thread is about the origin of so-called Yoruba people. And the claims about Ile Ife Being the origin championed by Ooni of Ife. And how Osun and Ife is supposedly the spiritual capital of Yoruba. Feel free to read my other posts about Ijebu. I am not going to argue with you if you do not know or want to know about the true history of Ijebu land.
So you can't answer my question. I'll ask again. What are the towns in Osun state that used to be under Ijebu? I've read your nonsensical false statements.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by DonCandido(f): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
You people are lame. Cannot defend your fake history or fake religion so resort to calling person mad. That tactic is now old. Try again bruv!

I am surprised you didn't take my advice.

Once again, I urge you to get off Nairaland for a fortnight.

Rest, get tested then read all your posts all over again. Loudly if you like.

You will probably reach the same conclusion as I and some other people on this medium on the state of your mental health.

Get well soon.

3 Likes

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by scholes0(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2018
GodSon34:
Even part of Lagos was Ijebu land. Example Ibeju lekki is actually Ijebu Lekki. Thieves!

What is your point?

I don't think anyone is contesting the indigenous clan or land ownership of ibeju Lekki or Ekpe.
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by nisai: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2018
9jakool:

So you can't answer my question. I'll ask again. What are the towns in Osun state that used to be under Ijebu? I've read your nonsensical false statements.
Edakun efisile. Ki olorun bawa fun ni alafia.

1 Like

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
Firstly I don’t live in Nigeria. I live in London. Secondly I’m an investment banker turned management consultant..so f right off. I cannot live in that colonial structure sorry country.

You fools have collected history given to you by oyinbo. Can you prove what they taught u? Ode’s
OlaoChi:
I've said it. In Nigeria every unemployed fool is an historian
Look at this one and his inventive history

Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
My point is that Yoruba history is flawed. Firstly Ijebu, Egba, Ketu are not Yoruba. The term Yoruba or yarriba only came into force later. It was a ploy by the British (see Treaty posted) to empower Oyo to dominate the other people’s. Nigeria is a f’n conspiracy. Make una shine your eyes
scholes0:

What is your point?

I don't think anyone is contesting the indigenous clan or land ownership of ibeju Lekki or Ekpe.
Re: Myth Buster:the Origin Of Yoruba by GodSon34(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Urge me? Are you mad. It’s my f’n thread. I’m not going anywhere
DonCandido:

I am surprised you didn't take my advice.

Once again, I urge you to get off Nairaland for a fortnight.

Rest, get tested then read all your posts all over again. Loudly if you like.

You will probably reach the same conclusion as I and some other people on this medium on the state of your mental health.

Get well soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Ika Nation Can Never Be Likened To Igbos / . / Yoruba Elders, Pls Expain This Proverb And The Story Behind It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.