Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) (49183 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by HomeOfMe(f): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bodexman:
Good one there.

Students will be collecting scholarship anyhow then to go and study abroad but today, to collect ordinary visa sef na wahala.
They award it to their kit and kin.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by daryoor(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Pasca07:
you and this your get the visa as if to get the visa is easy and no be money person go use to process it?

My broda u can do whatever u set yr mind to.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by daryoor(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

You are already in hell.

More like pre hell grin
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
The current cultism and killings in our university today was orchestrated and pioneered by Wole Soyinka....

He turned our universities into den of lions......

didn't achebe went to same university before he joined......

No wonder all his life he is moving from one prison to another.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by ttaluko(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
He looks innocent, baddest
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by JAMESOJAY: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is the bastard that brought cultism into Nigerian universities

So many soul are in hell because of this idiot

And he still has mouth to talk

Shame shame shame =SHAME

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Pasca07: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
daryoor:

My broda u can do whatever u set yr mind to.
ok
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by temi1526: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
[quote author=harlems02 post=68596071][/quote]

geluu

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by alenwup(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
See slay mamas since 1950s
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by APOSTLE66(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bodexman:
Good one there.

Students will be collecting scholarship anyhow then to go and study abroad but today, to collect ordinary visa sef na wahala.
grin
Bodexman:
Good one there.

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:
The current cultism and killings in our university today was orchestrated and pioneered by Wole Soyinka....

He turned our universities into den of lions......

didn't achebe went to same university before he joined......

No wonder all his life he is moving from one prison to another.

What he started was a confraternity not a cult, get yourself educated. Confraternities are common in many universities across the world. If the authorities in Nigeria allow criminals to hijack the idea whose fault is that?

And if criminals operate freely in the churches, the mosque, the police, the army, in government ministries, everywhere, why do you think the universities will be exempted?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by DeeDeeDee: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
Is this not WIZKID shocked shocked shocked

Or are my ears blind?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

What he started was a confraternity not a cult, get yourself educated. Confraternities are common in many universities across the world. If the authorities in Nigeria allow criminals to hijack the idea whose fault is that?

And if criminals operate freely in the churches, the mosque, the police, the army, in government ministries, everywhere, why do you think the universities will be exempted?

please I don't need that education....no one can trace the history of cultism without calling Wole soyinka....

He was the one that set the precedent of bad attitudes and killings in our santum santorium.....

Wole soyinka started pyrates which a cultist group in our universities...

doesn't that tell u that Wole is their grand patron and a cultist.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Haywhylee(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
it's only one that used bold tye
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

please I don't need that education....no one can trace the history of cultism without calling Wole soyinka....

He was the one that set the precedent of bad attitudes and killings in our santum santorium.....

Wole soyinka started pyrates which a cultist group in our universities...

doesn't that tell u that Wole is their grand patron and a cultist.

You are talking bullshit. When was pirates started and when did cultism as we know it today become a problem for institutions across Nigeria?
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Adetaiwoo: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ziggylady:
Before his Pirates Confraternity set the stage for criminal hooliganisms in our Higher Institution of Learning in this country...through the proliferation and abuse of 'Confraternities'

I urge you to take caution and ask relevant questions before you make statements because this one is as irresponsible as it could get.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

You are talking bullshit. When was pirates started and when did cultism as we know it today become a problem for institutions across Nigeria?

It became a problem the day Soyinka started it.

stop supporting evil.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
And de said Soyinka get third class for Ibadan
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

Achebe went to same university and left

Soyinka went there and became a nuisance.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Johncuppa(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
The good old days
Where you don't have to think of School fees nor what to eat.
To think those who benefited from this country were still the ones that ruined her is heart broken.
We shall be free!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

Achebe went to same university and left

Soyinka went there and became a nuisance.

At that point in time nobody knew what either of them would become in the society. They were just young people trying to study and enjoy themselves. I'm sure they were much younger than your present age.

Who said Achebe and Soyinka should have followed the same path? Well, in hindsight he made the right choices and got a Nobel for it.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

It became a problem the day Soyinka started it.

stop supporting evil.

Beer parlour logic. In the beer parlour everyone is a topnotch critic of everything.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

At that point in time nobody knew what either of them would become in the society. They were just young people trying to study and enjoy themselves. I'm sure they were much younger than your present age.

Who said Achebe and Soyinka should have followed the same path? Well, in hindsight he made the right choices and got a Nobel for it.

Nobel gbakwa oku.....

Achebe is true to his pen....
Soyinka is more of politics.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

Nobel gbakwa oku.....

Achebe is true to his pen....
Soyinka is more of politics.

The Nobel committee certainly did not think so.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by uba1991: 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
that time women were modestly dressed,not now that they walk almost neked in d name of fashion and civilisation

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

Blind and outdated commitee then.....myopic

Nobel commitee gbakwa oku.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

Blind and oudated commitee then.....myopic

for now....

Nobel commitee gbakwa oku....

Lol, it appears you are even more angry with Nobel than Soyinka.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

Lol, it appears you are even more angry with Nobel than Soyinka.

what concerns me if a yoruba won a Nobel prize or Buhari awards them June 12 as democracy day....

I havee important agitation to worry about back home....

so is non of my business sha....
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Guestlander: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

what concerns me if a yoruba won a Nobel prize or Buhari awards them June 12 as democracy day....

If that is the case you wouldn't be here writing long, useless essays about who started cultism in Nigeria. You will be back home agitating for whatever it is you agitate for.
Give honor to whom honor is due.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
Guestlander:

If that is the case you wouldn't be here writing long, useless essays about who started cultism in Nigeria. You will be back home agitating for whatever it is you agitate for.
Give honor to whom honor is due.

I don't support evil but u deviated our chat to Nobel prize....
so I had to quickly remind u is non of my business.
Re: Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Omooba224: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mayrock:

It shows how tribalistic you are. I have been reading your comments from the first page. You can do better than being tribalistic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love and Diamonds / Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / Razor Tongue: A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.