Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! (7040 Views)

Poll: Do U welcome the new celtel tariffs as improvement?

Yep: 43% (13 votes)
Nope: 36% (11 votes)
not sure: 20% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2007
Guess What!!! Celtel slashes tariffs in an unusual way. Annouced at a press conference today. This is supposed to take effect from 12 midnight 23rd March 2007. The packages are Simply special, simply smooth and simply smart Check this out:

Simply special

Old                          New
Package                                 Celtel 30             simply special
Access Fee                    N 0               N 0
Off-Peak, On-Net                0.65K               0.39K
Off-Peak, Off-Net            0.80K               0.39K
Peak, On-Net                 0.75K               0.66K
Peak, Off-Net                 0.80K               0.66K

Simple Smooth

Old New
Package                              Celtel 30 Simply Smooth
Access Fee                 N 0 N 400
Off-Peak, On-Net                 0.65K 0.33K
Off-Peak, Off-Net                 0.80K 0.33K
Peak, On-Net                 0.75K 0.59K
Peak, Off-Net                 0.80K 0.59K

Simply Smart

Old New
Package                              Celtel 30 Simply Budget
Access Fee                   N 0 N 3,600
Off-Peak, On-Net                  0.65K 0.33K
Off-Peak, Off-Net                  0.80K 0.33K
Peak, On-Net                  0.75K 0.61K
Peak, Off-Net                  0.80K 0.61K

Happy Hours

Elements                                    Old New
Celtel Happy Hours (CHH)    N/A 0.10K (midnight calls)

Elements                  Old New
Family & Friends N/A Up to 5 Numbers
Off-Peak Rate N/A 0.21K
Peak Rate N/A 0.25K

SMS

Elements                                Old                                  New
Local SMS, On-Net                15.00K (10.00K off peak) 9.00K
Local SMS, Off-Net                15.00K                                 9.00K
International SMS                15.00K                                 15
Free SMS/m (On-Net only) 6                                 15
Simply Smart: Free SMS per mth (On-Net only                 30
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2007
I hope it can be understood sad

It was more arranged than that when i posted it grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2007
Whats the reaction?? is this great or what
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2007
There is still more o!! shocked

u will get it as it unfolds!!!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by wormedup(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2007
YAY !!!!! grin

great !

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

give me a link !
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2007
those still browsing now will be billed instead of being disconnected and for 10k per KB
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Douzy(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2007
Well, has the slash been effected yet?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 10:55am On Mar 23, 2007
Yes it has been effected already been effected
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by snazzydawn(f): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2007
cabali abeg call me in 10 minutes.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2007
grin grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Douzy(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2007
That's good to know then.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by simmy(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2007
thank God, i had started to seriously hold a grudge against Celtel
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by drixie: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2007
finally. they are awake. they have been robbing nigerians since
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by naijacutee(f): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2007
I'm confused. Is Celtel the same as Vmobile? Is Vmobile the same as Econet?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Tonim(f): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2007
econet is no more (v-mobile replaced it)

celtel has bought out v-mobile, so the name of the company is no longer v-mobile, its celtel wink
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by TheOne2(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2007
My guy,

this is no price slash. It's just the same old "give with one hand, retrieve with the other". If they want to slash prices, they should do so and not put access charges there. The only people that will benefit are heavy callers but the average man who budgets 2 -3,000 naira per month for phone bills has absolutely no benefit whatsoever.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Douzy(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2007
naijacutee:

I'm confused. Is Celtel the same as Vmobile? Is Vmobile the same as Econet?
That's reverse evolution. tongue

The metamorphosis began with Econet, and is now on Celtel. We're yet to know the next stage. grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by kollyp2000(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2007
what a good development, I was about to throw my Celtel Sim out of the window, If not that it is my business line, Anyway WHAT ABOUT MID-NIGHT CALLS, the guys will like that too abeg
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by kinzolic(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2007
here is d link to celtel websites on d packages

http://www.ng.celtel.com/en/personal-plans/unity/index.html#migrate
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ THE ONE

U have not read the product and u are making funny remarks

The simply special comes with zero i repeat zero accesss charge read the first post for details please
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
There is also 15 free sms to celtel lines monthly

their browsing is 10k/kb

They are the cheapest in tariffs for now
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2007
kollyp2000:

what a good development, I was about to throw my Celtel Sim out of the window, If not that it is my business line, Anyway WHAT ABOUT MID-NIGHT CALLS, the guys will like that too abeg

The midnight calls aint free sad 10k per sec 12.30-4.30 that aint the cheapest sad
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by texazzpete(m): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2007
Still on the fence as far as Celtel is concerned. I'm a postpaid subscriber and i'm pretty sure these plans don't include people on that plan. Already, Celtel postpaid subscribers pay more than their MTN and Glo counterparts.
Also, with the introduction of GPRS rates on par with prepaid subscribers, Celtel's already ABYSMAL GPRS service will be even more bogged down.

cabali seems to be in the know as far as Celtel is concerned. Can he or anyone else please tell me why Celtel GPRS hardly ever works in Port Harcourt? This is supposed to be a priority area and it sucks that my GPRS works like magic in lagos and Benin, but when i re-enter PH it never goes. even when i manage to connect it never browses.

I use a PDA phone and i rely on GPRS to download my yahoo and gmail mails to pocket outlook. This works seamlessly in most areas of Lagos, and benin, but it's useless in PH.
Abeg, someone tell these assholes to fix this ASAP or i take this to the newspapers. I can't justify averaging phone bills of 25k monthly and still get shafted by Celtel.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ texazzpete

there is gprs in port and benin but not yet launched because they just got licence to implement 3G. The 3G, according to papers, was tested in port harcourt. so there is an upgrade (as u will here from them on 111) to intergrate this
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Ferlie(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
cabali cabalo kabila - u are the best - up Cabali - up Celtel.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2007
grin grin grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
to change to

Special------ send YES to 701
Smooth send YES to 702
Smart " " " 703

Latest from 111
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by texazzpete(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2007
not sure u got me well.
i know there was testing of 3G in PH, i even posted here on NL that i regularly got UMTS 3G network on my fone in PH at one time. I'm talking about GPRS, which was sure supposed to have been operational long since on the celtel network in both Benin and PH. Benin works ok, PH sucks big time.

also, does Celtel have any plans for postpaid subscribers? They have higher tarrifs than the other competing networks?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2007
There is gprs in those places but not yet established because of the upgrade it will be soon

meanwhile there is plans for post paid
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by texazzpete(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2007
glad 2 hear that!
Any word on the pricing scheme for 3G? Even if it's just a hint/rumor?

Personally, i'd suggest the 3 networks go for an affordable fixed rate. If they try price it as a premium service (like Glo's Blackberry) they'll fail so fast, !

Perhaps a fixed rate of at most 10K a month?

not too sure i need voice calls, just fast HSDPA data transfer and browsing!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2007
It actually will be fast!! and i guess it wont be expensive; gprs is actually the cheapest with celtel for now
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by coli: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
Celtel is too stingy, all the talks of FLAT or UNITY Rates of 33 kobo is a big lie! They should misinforming their customers.
Imagine! 100 naira migration fee in this age and time when MTN was forced by NCC to refund theirs.

Cabali more grease for ur info. nice one. Do you know if I can activate my Gprs, was browsing until last week my line was de-activated. Cheers. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How BIS Works On Blackberry Devices(non BB Take Note) ,,,,....... / And Here Is How To Get 1.5gb For 500 On Your Airtel Sim! / 5 Best Blackberry Display Pictures (DP) Downloadwebsites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.