Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. (31267 Views)

Oodua Republic: Yorubas Are Not Going Anywhere - South-South, South-East Declare / I Lost N20 Million To Shasha Crisis, Not Going Back There - Chairman / I’m Not Going To Enrich Members Of My Family But My Friends – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by seunmsg(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has debunked media reports that he will be in the United States later this month.

Reports over the weekend said Mr Abubakar would speak at a trade and investment gathering in Washington D.C. later this month.

The organisers listed Mr Abubakar’s name as number one amongst dozens of personalities they said had been invited to the event.

Governors Nyesom Wike and Ibrahim Dankwambo, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu and Trade and Investment Minister, Okechukwu Elelamah, are amongst those also said to have been invited.

“There is no such invitation to the former vice president,” his spokesperson, Paul Ibe, told PREMIUM TIMES Monday. “We are not aware of such invitation and we do not know how they managed to put his name on their list.”

An e-mail to the organisers seeking clarifications was not immediately returned Monday afternoon.

Spokespersons for Messrs Ekweremadu and Wike did not immediately return PREMIUM TIMES’ requests for comments.

The report that the former vice president would be visiting the U.S. for the event scheduled to hold between June 24-26 has seen some people draw conclusions that the possible visa restrictions placed against him have been relaxed.

Mr Abubakar was named in a contract scandal involving Nigerian and American officials in the mid-2000s.

Williams Jefferson, a serving U.S. federal lawmaker at the time, was arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to jail for his involvement in the fraud, which was largely about bribery, influence-peddling and contract inflation.

Despite claims that Mr Abubakar was involved in the scandal, including a U.S. Senate investigative committee report, the Nigerian politician continues to maintain his innocence.

The U.S. Senate report and several other exhibits that led to the successful conviction of Mr Jefferson, who was Mr Abubakar’s political associate, are largely seen as the reason he could not travel to that country.

Mr Abubakar, who is a strong contender for Nigerian presidency in 2019, frequently travels to the United Arab Emirates and some Western countries.

He recently acknowledged that he has difficulties visiting the U.S., but said he should not be blamed for the dilemma.

He said he applied for the U.S. visa on past occasions, but was denied each time. He has rejected insinuations that his failure to enter the U.S. could damage his political ambition, saying the Nigerian Constitution does not require that a citizen must be able to enter the U.S. to be eligible for elective office.

Moreover, Mr Abubakar said some Nigerian leaders have been denied entry into the U.S. in the past and later became president, including President Muhammadu Buhari whom he said was banned for 15 years.

Mr Buhari has denied this claim, saying Mr Abubakar should go and clear his name.

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja refused to comment on the controversy for several years.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/272813-i-am-not-going-to-america-atiku.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by seunmsg(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sharp Atiku no wan allow ipob wailers push am enter American jail.

Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 Tomakint

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Tolexander: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Atiku please go to US and shame your critics.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Better go........
buhari will join ICC by 2019....
Age is not a barrier, he must die by hanging or firing squad...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by seunmsg(m): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Tolexander:
fingers crossed.

He should inform us when he is back from the trip

He's not going anywhere near the US embassy not to talk of entering America.

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by olasco18(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ipob wailers wil nt b happy with this..... Their messiah no fit enter us....bt us prison make sense pass nigerian prison...there is no congestion over there....by the time u wil serve u jail time finish, baba will b almost tru with his second tenure

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Mynd44: 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
But his number 1 fan here Tomakint said he will be in America on June 26 on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4559867/breaking-atiku-visit-usa.

I wonder why people like posting fake news undecided

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by seunmsg(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mynd44:
But his number 1 fan here Tomakint said he will be in America on June 26 on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4559867/breaking-atiku-visit-usa.

Tomakint right now grin

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mynd44:

Me too wonders.

But I think if Nigerians can forgive a coup plotter and executionist, who not only was a side-kick to Tyrant Abacha, but was also his petroleum minister and right-hand-man.

Then, Atiku too can have an easy ride, all he needs is re-branding.

This country is land of iberiberism and a wonderland!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Dey no born am well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by tomakint: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mynd44:

I quoted a source to that right?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Mynd44: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
tomakint:

I quoted a source to that right?
A twitter group fan page

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Roger3D(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
Atiku Abubakar the messiah of IPOB miscreants

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by CilicMarin: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
IPOB Pigs will soon destroy this man.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by yarimo(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
Atiku you must go to us, Nigerians are with you grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by chriskosherbal(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
seunmsg:

He's not going anywhere near the US embassy not to talk of entering America.
haha that's too harsh na..

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by kahal29: 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
You must go Oooooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by bla4(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hahaha abeg make Una leave atiku alone o

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Okoroawusa: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Atiku please go to America. Shame those that say you can't go

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by 9jaArea: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by tunjijones(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by midolian(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Where is that tomakint of a boy? cheesy cheesy cheesy

tomakint:
Breaking: Atiku to visit USA.....read more https://twitter.com/atiku4nigerians/status/1006827375903105024?s=19

Please share

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hnmmmm angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Empress2014(f): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Atiku is a criminal!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Dee60: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
Very interesting.

The presidential aspirant needs to answer this question - Can you go to America?

If No, why would you want to rule Nigeria when you cannot go to America?

If Yes, why dont you just pay a day's visit so your critics can keep quiet?

This saying is so true - The rich also cry.

With so much wealth, some people would not be able to do what even a common civil servant or graduate trainee or even a student can do!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Bari22: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please i beg u Atiku, go to america atleast we go reduce the number of looters here in Nigeria

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Follygunners: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
You're NOT or You CAN'T?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
Abeg, what crime did this Atiku commit that he can't go to USA? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
inyamuri flat.head ritualists!! over to you grin cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Going To America - Atiku. by Almaiga: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
cool IPOB pigs right now grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Hands Over APC Flag To 'Our Governortorial Candidate' / Ismaila Isa Funtua Buried In Abuja / Ogbeide Ifaluyi-Isibor: "I Am A PDP Member Yet I Am Obidient"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.