Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned (3284 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by jesuseun1(m): 7:38am On Jun 04, 2010
Some thing happen yesterday which amazes me.Its unusual and rare.A colleague of mine forgot his black berry in a cab.And he wasnt sure where he left it.After like an hour,to our surprise the cab driver came back with the BB.the phone dropped in the cab inbetween the seat.

let me have ur views.what do u think about the driver action and Nigeria?
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ralvy(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2010
It's definitely just the Taxi driver's "way of life", if it got into the wrong hands, say Bye Bye to th' BB.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by semid4lyfe(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2010
Your friend was just lucky. An ordinary Nokia 1200 calling machine that is lost won't be returned if it gets into wrong hands.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by aieromon(m): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2010
Hmm,plain luck.
Aint no way i would return the crappy bb back.Don't get me wrong,i will burn the phone to ashes.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ralvy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2010
Nokia 1200, Haba. I think a thief will return that Lol!
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by semid4lyfe(m): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ralvy:

Nokia 1200, Haba. I think a thief will return that Lol!
Wetin you dey yarn? My Mum lost her Nokia 1200 Mid-Last year. The guy who picked the phone put her on cruise for 2days and requested for 5k for returning it but he eventually removed the sim and that was the end of the matter. . . undecided
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by semid4lyfe(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
aieromon:

Hmm,plain luck.
Aint no way i would return the crappy bb back. Don't get me wrong,i will burn the phone to ashes.
Lol. . .and I thought no one hates that phone more than I do grin grin

[s]How I wish I fit promulgate law banning people from using that piece of scrap. Violation will be 20 years imprisonment with hard labour and without the option of fine. Black Berry pin ko, white apple needle ni. Yeye toy[/s]. . . grin grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ralvy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
 Black Berry all the way grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by mrofficial(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2010
Let's know the model of the BB. Who knows if it was the 1st century BB.

And then maybe that was why the taxi driver had no other choice than to return the crappy thing. grin grin grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by CarlosVent(m): 1:08am On Jun 05, 2010
dis is d hand work of God
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by nas69(m): 1:10am On Jun 05, 2010
BB ol d way grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by leuelliot(m): 1:22am On Jun 05, 2010
how i wish the guy who pick my 2weeks old SE Satio was this generous!! cry
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by davidif: 4:21am On Jun 05, 2010
That should be norm but unfortunately its not that way.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by cescjay(m): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2010
wow,gud ppl still exist.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 05, 2010
isn't that thing a toy?
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by ovdot(m): 7:20am On Jun 05, 2010
Nigerian are not that bad, we still hv nigerians that hv integrity. A friend of mine was going to work one mornin and he bored a BRT bus, during the course of the journey his 16GB 3g Iphone fell on the bus and a lady found it after my guy alight @ marina, she tried operating the phone but she could not, so she took the phone to the office but on gettin to the office the battery life of the phone died, at that point she remembered that boss use a similar phone and thus rush to boss office who was about to travel out of Lagos and beged him to charge the phone for 5 nins so that she can retrive a number from the phone, afrter charging the phone she peruse thru the contact list and found my friends mum no. and called her that she found the phone and was looking for a way to contact my friend and give his phone, at first my friend mum denied and said his son did not lost any phone but after cutting the call she found a way to get in touch with his son & immediately she called the lady back and told her that her son has confirm that he lost his phone and took the girls details and then my guy visited the babe and she gave him back his phone. Thus is one of the greatest miracle I have seen since I was born not thes that all this pastors make noice abt. Nigeria can be better if we all posses the virture on INTEGRITY.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ranoscky(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2010
Dirty Topic!!! . . . Even if they say nigeria is a corrupt country, don't we have good citizen's in nigeria anymore? undecided
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by soochukwu(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2010
No doubts,the taxi cab driver is a good guy,any good Nigerian can do the same,is all about self discipline,we still have such individuals.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by skfa1: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2010
I remember when I saw a lovely phone on a bus , the owner called me and I gave it back to her cheesy cheesy
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by ndigbo: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2010
For me i will return definitely return a BB and an Apple Mac those toys are far too useless for me and i'm not impling that i will keep any other brand! Nigeria Good people Bad goverment.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by naijacutee(f): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2010
"Crappy BB".  Why are we so proud? It doesn't matter what type of phone it was, the moral of the story is that there are still honest people in Nigeria who would not see other people's misfortunes as opportunities for themselves. Let us be proud of this fact, not about the fact that our phones are better than the "Crappy BB".  
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by olafemi(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2010
There 3 things to this:
its either the driver is a good man or
the BB screen is broken and is looking rugged
or the driver thought it was a china phone and thinks it worth less the trouble!lol
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by dipo2much(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2010
olafemi:

There 3 things to this:
its either the driver is a good man or
the BB screen is broken and is looking rugged
or the driver thought it was a china phone and thinks it worth less the trouble!lol

you wrong,man. The norm is for you to return to a owner something you found that doesnt belong to you. It doesnt even worth making a thread about. If the driver kept the BB,it'll b shame on him. And being a taxi,he could be spotted and recognised by the owner one day,that'll be worse if he hadnt return d fone
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by wendieposh: 9:50am On Jun 05, 2010
It has happened to me before, got down from a friends car and my blackberry tour fell off. I
didn't notice it was missing till i almost got home, i had to collect the cab man's phone to
call my number, it was busy at first and that got me really scared but the person,who happened
to be a young girl,Joy,picked it up,gave me her address and i went over to pick it up.
To me,it was a miracle and also the 2nd time, the first was at the palms,fell from my lap as I
was alighting from a cab,a young man walked up to me and handed it over. The 3rd time,dont
know if i'll be lucky.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ranoscky(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2010
truely everybody know's dat naija na corrupt country, but dis topic is not worth it at all.

if we'r to judge naija according to dis topic, do u guy's know dat, naija is faaaaaaaar more better dan china? undecided
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Woke4all(m): 10:14am On Jun 05, 2010
That guy is very lucky that a good citizen saw his phone.
When i lost my 6300 the following conversation took place when i called.

ME  hello bros Hw far?

GUY i dey. Who b dis?

ME ehmm bros na me just lost my phone. Hw i go take see you?

GUY see me 4 Wetin? You never hear this music before?

ME  which music?

GUY *singing*  Wetin don loss don loss, Wetin don loss don loss don loss, Wetin don loss don loss.  BYE BYE.

ME  *dialing my number*   The number you hv dialed is not reachable at the moment pls try again later.  

The end of my Nokia 6300
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Ranoscky(m): 10:40am On Jun 05, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by jesuseun1(m): 10:40am On Jun 05, 2010
its not about the model of the phone,it is about the heart and attitude of the cab driver,i misplaced my multilinks cdma phone,and d guy that picked it keep on dribbling me,up till now i cant get back d phone.

the point we need to get from this event is just to let let us know that there are still many Nigerians who are still honest.which is a strong value.it also shows there is hope for Nigeria irrespective of where we are now.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by yemi2005(m): 10:42am On Jun 05, 2010
any way let me say the guy is a very lucky one because bb is a big guy phone
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by damilola15: 10:47am On Jun 05, 2010
the guy is very lucky but then it shows that there are still honest and trustworthy people/taxidrivers in Nigeria.
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Marhoski(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2010
@poster dont be surprised, no be everybody be like u grin
Re: Incredible! BlackBerry Phone Found And Returned by Pennywise(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2010
Methinks the guy couldnt get a buyer and reasoned a little compensation is better than nothing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Sets The Pace, Others Follow / What Is Your Current Data Bundle Right Now. / The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.