Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos (34840 Views)

Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / Meet Onikepo Akande, Ashipa Iyalode Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by thanki410(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
fallout87:
These stupid traditions need to be vacated.

I cringe when I see them.
i thought i was the only one...
They use this opportunity to loot...
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Justiceleague1: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sophisticated coneheads grin
showdown inna the brown roof cave

5 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by sweetgala(m): 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
springtech:
Masquerades everywhere in this age and time?

It is well ooh.

I'm yet to find a city in Nigeria where masquerade are not part of the tradition maybe Zamfara.

In China Japan and Brazil they have large flotillas every year with people in costume etc.

Rome host an annual masquerade ball, Mexico has day of the dead. You shld attend st Patricks day in Dublin or the Macy's parade in NY

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
odduduwa:
na dem sophisticated mooorons, see dem generational cowards awon accommodators
Better than those retárded lost souls claiming to be jews.
I'm taking about those frustrated OSU alusi bastard pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 11:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
stanluiz:
See brown roofs everywhere.
Brown roof republic.
Better than those landlocked areas.
Like the dirtiest place in the world...

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Diso60090(m): 12:01am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.

Jesus is Lord grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by SmartMugu: 12:14am On Jun 19, 2018
These ones are releasing press statements on their masquerades dance in 2018. I don't know if they still think this is still 1918 when people gave a damn those barbaric antics.

Yall better wake up, join the current trends and understand people think about life differently these days. Who still gives a damn about masquerades? Haven't we heard of masquerades getting arrested for getting drunk, improper public conduct etc? Yet, they are "super-natural beings" to some of yall.

Heck no, keep that crap within your bedroom if that's still how yall think in 2018. No wonder Africa is still so backwards in spite of its brilliant brains. Yall need to grow up and compare your vicinities to advanced nations. Tradition my foot.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by jrusky(m): 12:33am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice response from the Yorubas thumb up guys because despite its not everything here needs to be tribalized my own people took a bad swipe on Yoruba people simply one oba has issue with his council on traditional stuffs which does not even suppose to concern non yorubas but one goat took an assault calling the Yorubas a sophisticated slowpoke it's very wrong but I'm happy the anuofia got good response from the Yorubas I love that.

Pls the Yoruba people should stop being nice to us I mean to the SE we don't deserve it I repeat we don't deserve it. That bloody hate gene in us will take us nowhere and this is why no other tribe take us serious any longer Yoruba we hate, Edo we hate, Hausa we hate, Fulani we hate virtually everything humanity we hate pls are we the only people on earth

SW people pls give it to them when they attack you or abuse you. Your being too nice has be interpreted into foolishness pls give it to them. They hate me and call me names I don't care but to hate people who has not done me any wrong, hell No it won't happen.

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Rastamann: 12:48am On Jun 19, 2018
This is Ibadan, where chiefs fight
This is Ibadan, where masquerades quarrel
This is Ibadan, where chiefs fight and the whole city is dirty
This is Ibadan, where ...

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by stanluiz(m): 1:13am On Jun 19, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the cowards that used over three million of your brave fathers for pepper soup and suya in 1967 and used several millions of your mothers, sisters, aunties, nieces and cousins as sex slaves within the same period. Little wonder why some of your are coned headed instead of your generational flat heads while some of you look more like Fulani after Fulani soldiers too took their turns on your mothers, sisters and aunties.
My friend sharrap.Go and change those dirty brown roofs in your region.
Poor and lazy people.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by stanluiz(m): 1:21am On Jun 19, 2018
handsomeclouds:

South Beasterners always thinking they have an opinion
Failed region!!!
All of them running to southwest for survival
Which sw,fool it is lagos. Who goes to a villages like Ibadan,oshogbo, ile ife for survival where the poverty rate in those places are like northern states.

It is only Lagos that is only developed state in the west because it was developed by FG,Niger delta oil,foreigners and multinational and contribution of all Nigerians.The rest of the states in the sw are shitholes.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by stanluiz(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2018
nkwuocha1:
Lol.
Majority of poverty in Yoruba land is caused by ancient altars, generational curses. That's why you will see a 200 years old building be used by 4 generation of families,sharing same rooms and parlours,eating and dinning with relatives who the altars have rendered demonically possessed, thereby blocking the breakthrough of those who have be destined to be great. But the young men rather dance around with masquerades rather than climb mountains to pray and break the curse tongue tongue.

That's why they are fetish in everything. Even a garri seller get charms for good sales. Rubbish! Break the curse through prayers and be free!

Look at that woman posing with a masquerade. Don't be surprised she has dedicated her sons to it. When you see those agbero wake up as early as 5am to collect "taxes ",one begin to wonder why they don't put that zeal in doing something worthy.Bad choices.
Baba u wicked. Chaiiii see finishing.
I hail you!!

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by stanluiz(m): 1:28am On Jun 19, 2018
Hotfreeze:

You potopoto pig from the land of the rising scams, I know you'll be here to deride the brown roofs of Ibadan. However, before you do, kindly point to one single ancient city developed by your ancestors?

As at the time the houses with brown roofs in Ibadan were being built, your fathers were still living in trees and learning how to make human sounds.

As at when the University of Ibadan was built, there was no single institution of higher learning in your muddy region.

Your ancestry can't be traced and your future is uncertain, that should be a pain in your heart if you had a brain in your head.
Ode go and change that brown roofs and upgrade the dirty Ibadan to a liveable state because it looks like a 18 century city.

Ancient city with brown roofs with no modern toilet and bathroom. Tufiakwa!!

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by stanluiz(m): 1:30am On Jun 19, 2018
Rastamann:
This is Ibadan, where chiefs fight This is Ibadan, where masquerades quarrel This is Ibadan, where chiefs fight and the whole city is dirty This is Ibadan, where ...
There have the highest brown roof in the world.

5 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by OlaoChi: 1:34am On Jun 19, 2018
fallout87:
These stupid traditions need to be vacated.

I cringe when I see them.
then you cringe forever. cause these traditions will last forever
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Bullhari007(m): 1:50am On Jun 19, 2018
hehehehehehe brown roof republic
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Hotfreeze: 1:51am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Ode go and change that brown roofs and upgrade the dirty Ibadan to a liveable state because it looks like a 18 century city.

Your level of stupidity cannot be acquired, you must have inherited it from both parents.

Talking about the 18th century, what were your ancestors doing when Ibadan people were building cities with zink roof in the 18th century? What have your fathers contributed to civilization?

Every comment you make here is an indictment on your ancestors and a disgrace to your lineage. Kindly shut up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by kunmiiii: 2:05am On Jun 19, 2018
Hotfreeze:

You potopoto pig from the land of the rising scams, I know you'll be here to deride the brown roofs of Ibadan. However, before you do, kindly point to one single ancient city developed by your ancestors?

As at the time the houses with brown roofs in Ibadan were being built, your fathers were still living in trees and learning how to make human sounds.

As at when the University of Ibadan was built, there was no single institution of higher learning in your muddy region.

Your ancestry can't be traced and your future is uncertain, that should be a pain in your heart if you had a brain in your head.

Ooouchh!!!! OMG!!!!

Epic Savagery Noted!!!
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Dottore: 2:32am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
Other names are:
Afonja Roof
M0ron Roof
Lazyman Roof

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by talk2emma: 2:45am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.

grin grin grin you are just seeing what I saw

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by tubolancer(m): 3:11am On Jun 19, 2018
nkwuocha1:
Lol.
Majority of poverty in Yoruba land is caused by ancient altars, generational curses. That's why you will see a 200 years old building be used by 4 generation of families,sharing same rooms and parlours,eating and dinning with relatives who the altars have rendered demonically possessed, thereby blocking the breakthrough of those who have be destined to be great. But the young men rather dance around with masquerades rather than climb mountains to pray and break the curse tongue tongue.

That's why they are fetish in everything. Even a garri seller get charms for good sales. Rubbish! Break the curse through prayers and be free!

Look at that woman posing with a masquerade. Don't be surprised she has dedicated her sons to it. When you see those agbero wake up as early as 5am to collect "taxes ",one begin to wonder why they don't put that zeal in doing something worthy.Bad choices.
And majority of your people are not under a curse,running from one region to another. I think your people are super cursed.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:55am On Jun 19, 2018
The youths are braindead boss, no anger or sense of being short changed, just sheep everywhere
Imagine the youths planning on voting Buhari whose dull brain can't comprehend ranching

DREAMZZZ:
China germany us ....are building cars that would soon start flying and see what this morons in Africa are more concerned about? No wonder africa remain the most backward continent in the world
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Kaydeexotic(m): 4:08am On Jun 19, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Daddy ..you and qdot should be brothers... Both of Una no get chill at all.. see as you dismantle the guy grin grin grin
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ImperialYoruba: 5:31am On Jun 19, 2018
Why is omo ibo everywhere like ants ntori Olorun? Ehhn?

Awon were! angry
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ImperialYoruba: 5:39am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:

We kept it because we knew you are coming soon to pay for it....after you become homeless from ravages of erosion washing away the foundation underneath your modern mansion.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by AreaFada2: 5:46am On Jun 19, 2018
That governor of Oyo State just created problems among Oyo State traditional council and Ibadan royal institution any how. Politicians have no business meddling with traditional stuff. Just like Obas should avoid politics.

Ordinarily, an Oba like Olubadan needs no explanation as to why he bans egungun going anywhere. A monarch can seek or take advice, but it is not a democracy with a parliament. He considers tradition, certain situations and maybe even divination to make decisions.

Maybe I do not understand how monarchy works in South West.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ariesbull: 5:50am On Jun 19, 2018
Very petty people , Yoruba and their Kings very petty always disgracing themselves over nothing....dick measurement

If not oba is greater than ooni
It's ooni is greater that sijuade
Then a Yoruba king blaming lagoon on alomo or origin
Or yoruba king competing with oba of Benin
Or a Yorba king dressing like hausa emir or Igbo Eze

Too much drama from that axis ...their Kings are funny ..very funny folks

If not that then some lousy thing....don't they have shame

How many times have they seen Hausa, Igbo or even Ijaw Kings bicker like this

.I don't know why they don't like themselves...give them oduduwa republic...they should finish themselves

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ariesbull: 5:57am On Jun 19, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
China germany us ....are building cars that would soon start flying and see what this morons in Africa are more concerned about? No wonder africa remain the most backward continent in the world

That's why they are called sophisticated morons and that is why the Biafra wants to stay away from them

It's a shame, we are talking this in the age of internet of things

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by adetes: 6:05am On Jun 19, 2018
That's y Ibadan didn't progress like lagos
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Tundeobama(m): 6:20am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
No state in your region has better infrastructure than ibadan or globally recognised institutions.big malls and research institute villagers running to west in millions your kins men in ibadan are in Thousands.ode
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by omoelerin1: 6:29am On Jun 19, 2018
nkwuocha1:
Lol.

Why do you people always look for trouble? Why do you want to start what you cannot finish?
Bastard, be careful.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Oblang(m): 6:37am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Which sw,fool it is lagos. Who goes to a villages like Ibadan,oshogbo, ile ife for survival where the poverty rate in those places are like northern states.

It is only Lagos that is only developed state in the west because it was developed by FG,Niger delta oil,foreigners and multinational and contribution of all Nigerians.The rest of the states in the sw are shitholes.

Go to the remotest place u can think of in Yoruba land and u will find ur flat head brothers there with their children running abt the street with pant and their kwashiorkor-like belly...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday With His People On A Horse / Ooni Of Ife's Aide Reacts To His Marriage Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.