Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos (34831 Views)

Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / Meet Onikepo Akande, Ashipa Iyalode Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by omoelerin1: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

That's why they are called sophisticated morons and that is why the Biafra wants to stay away from them

It's a shame, we are talking this in the age of internet of things
The reason you think it is shame talking about tradition is because we are in internet age?
The beginning and end of your own civilization is internet? mumu
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Lucasbalo(m): 6:48am On Jun 19, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
China germany us ....are building cars that would soon start flying and see what this morons in Africa are more concerned about? No wonder africa remain the most backward continent in the world
Gbam.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by YelloweWest: 6:53am On Jun 19, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the cowards that used over three million of your brave fathers for pepper soup and suya in 1967 and used several millions of your mothers, sisters, aunties, nieces and cousins as sex slaves within the same period. Little wonder why some of your are coned headed instead of your generational flat heads while some of you look more like Fulani after Fulani soldiers too took their turns on your mothers, sisters and aunties.

Choi!!!

Your heart is bitter bros.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ariesbull: 6:54am On Jun 19, 2018
omoelerin1:
The reason you think it is shame talking about tradition is because we are in internet age?
The beginning and end of your own civilization is internet? mumu

Masquerade in this era when we should be talking technology like the East! Everytime Yoruba Kings keeps foolokg themselves around ! It's becoming shameful

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ariesbull: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2018
adetes:
That's y Ibadan didn't progress like lagos

The UN said it's the biggest slum in Sub Saharan Africa lacking in basic amenities like toilets and that should be of importance not masquerade
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:08am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
See brown roofs everywhere.
Brown roof republic.
And your people from far east cannot survive without the region�

Son of no trace
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by tiredoflife(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2018
Yet they are all also Muslims
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by 9jakool: 7:35am On Jun 19, 2018
fallout87:
These stupid traditions need to be vacated.

I cringe when I see them.

Yes, African cultures need to be eradicated. Better we stop practicing our traditions, stop speaking our native languages, and adopt the Oyinbo way of life.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by 9jakool: 7:45am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
When these houses were being constructed, most Nigerians were living in thatched huts. I'm more worried about the bigger picture which is urban decay, lack of renovation, proper infrastructure, and mismanagement which all represent the face of Nigeria. Roofs of ancient houses in some parts of Europe are made from mud terracotta bricks. Guess what? They are brown, but juxtaposed with paved streets, organized layout, necessary urban infrastructure, and greenery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Emmanuelowonibi(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2018
God let ur kingdom come
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by DrToche: 7:49am On Jun 19, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the cowards that used over three million of your brave fathers for pepper soup and suya in 1967 and used several millions of your mothers, sisters, aunties, nieces and cousins as sex slaves within the same period. Little wonder why some of your are coned headed instead of your generational flat heads while some of you look more like Fulani after Fulani soldiers too took their turns on your mothers, sisters and aunties.
and you don't think that's why you and ur Fulani Hausa brothers are so backward and hunger ravaging you all...

look at what you boast of...raping of mothers and sisters.... yet you don't see how that have kept your people in the miserable state they have found themselves...

no sorry

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by 9jakool: 7:58am On Jun 19, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
China germany us ....are building cars that would soon start flying and see what this morons in Africa are more concerned about? No wonder africa remain the most backward continent in the world

Yes, I understand your concerns. While I somewhat agree with you, development is not an excuse to erase your culture. That same China you mentioned has a number of celebrations like the most celebrated holiday in China, the Chinese new year where they put on masquerade dances and performances. At the same time, China is progressing forward as a modern nation. Culture, without a doubt has a place in the modern world.

The reason why Africa is the most backward continent is because Africans often elect selfish corrupt people in office, are unwilling to stand up or think critically about the future, leaving their problems in the hands of God (the same God who gave them free will and the brain capacity to make a change).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by MrI2015(m): 8:04am On Jun 19, 2018
Some of the traditions you see today are the real cause of backwardness among the people practising them, some tend to be blind as it concerns culture, celebrating curse and idolatry with the youths not ready to act like Gideon, anyway it is their life .Digital and Christian town leadership for me and my people.Politics everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Iykenuwa(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2018
efighter:

Afonja alert
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by CloudResident(m): 8:26am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.

Brown roof is better than thatched roofs in your never tarred village! grin
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by teebaxy(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
post the picture of your Father mansion ,let’s see. Omo ale jatijati
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Yinkagbo(m): 9:07am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.

When I see this comment, I do wonder if yeast no get brown roof.....those are old buildings and a reasonable person should know that roof of many years should be brown.....many of your pple rent houses and live and own shops under this brown roofs......so stop displaying your immaturity and bigotry behavior to the world to see.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by ariesbull: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2018
9jakool:

When these houses were being constructed, most Nigerians were living in thatched huts. I'm more worried about the bigger picture which is urban decay, lack of renovation, proper infrastructure, and mismanagement which all represent the face of Nigeria. Roofs of ancient houses in some parts of Europe are made from mud terracotta bricks. Guess what? They are brown, but juxtaposed with paved streets, organized layout, necessary urban infrastructure, and greenery.

I get am before ain't no property
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Arewa28: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2018
You can sell your comedy skit and make money

VISITS: https://barewa.com.ng/make-money-by-selling-your-comedy-clips-see-details/
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by nkwuocha1: 9:48am On Jun 19, 2018
tubolancer:
And majority of your people are not under a curse,running from one region to another. I think your people are super cursed.

Lol. To be fair, it's even in igbo land. Truth is unlike your race, igbo families now engage in family liberation as a necessity. My family did it, many of my friends did it.Thats why you see several mansions in the East. It's a big disgrace to us when at a very ripe age, we still live in our Father's house.An average igbo man hates that insult.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 19, 2018
fallout87:
These stupid traditions need to be vacated.

I cringe when I see them.
while the whites continue with their Halloween abi?
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by abbeymighty(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
Please show the picture of your town or village that has white or golden roof, you this flat head
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by melomelo: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by nkwuocha1: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=tubolancer post=68614927]And majority of your people are not under a curse,running from one region to another. I think your people are super cursed.[/quote

And the Lord said said to the igbo race

Deuteronomy 28:3 "Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country"

Deuteronomy 28 :43

King James Bible
The stranger (igbos) that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low
grin grin grin
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Owaincouncil: 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Brown roof republic.
Your case is now beyond ordinary. Tribal slave.
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by akigbemaru: 4:23am On Jun 20, 2018
nkwuocha1:
Lol.
Majority of poverty in Yoruba land is caused by ancient altars, generational curses. That's why you will see a 200 years old building be used by 4 generation of families,sharing same rooms and parlours,eating and dinning with fetish relatives who the altars have rendered demonically possessed, thereby blocking the breakthrough of those who have be destined to be great.Do you notice they always claim Lagos?When you know your own father still live in his own father's house, where is the space in your grandfather's house to lay your head? It's a curse!!! It's a wicked covenant!!It's a shame!!!God forbid it happens to me. But the young men dance around with masquerades rather than climb mountains to pray and break the curse tongue tongue.

That's why they are fetish in everything. Even a garri seller get charms for good sales. Rubbish! Break the curse through prayers and be free!

Look at that woman posing with a masquerade. Don't be surprised she has dedicated her sons to it. When you see those agbero wake up as early as 5am to collect "taxes ",one begin to wonder why they don't put that zeal in doing something worthy.Bad choices. I pity them, if only they knew more about the abomination in their bloodlines they will take a bed and pillow to the nearest MFM. grin
Re: Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos by Ayobami7(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is my Comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! / #OjudeOba Ogun: Masquerade Danafojura On Fire, Pulls Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday With His People On A Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.