Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo (4954 Views)

Wale Oke: I Am Praying For God To Remove Buhari / Ekweremadu To Nigerians: Remove Buhari Peacefully In 2019 / ADC: It Will Be Difficult For Obasanjo To Remove Buhari From Office – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, said the God who helped Nigeria to ease out the dreaded government of General Sani Abacha will come to the aid of Nigerians in 2019.

Speaking at a town hall meeting held at the Amusement Park, Agbowo, Ibadan, where the Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM) members converged, he urged youths and indeed all Nigerians not to be tired because they have a lot of work to do to effect change of government through the ballot.

In a veiled allusion, the present government, which he said insists on re-election, Obasanjo said: “Some people believe that those that are in position, whether they are doing well or not, they must continue be there. But when we say they must not only be there, they will want to fight back. They will hold many things to wreak havoc, but everybody must be prepared. It will not be easy to wrest powers from them. If you think it will be easy to liberate Nigeria, you are deceiving yourself.

“But the God that did it yesterday will do it again today. Remember a particular leader who had a desire to transmit from military uniform to elected president.

“We had a situation that we had five political parties and the five parties nominated one person as candidate for presidency. If only his nuclear family had voted for him, he would have won.

“But our God is wonderful. God laughed. Now, God is laughing. When the time came, God revealed that He’s God. He is the omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal, who can do all things and who can make all things possible. But if we are leaving things to God, we have to do our own side,” he said.

On how to make real change in governance, Obasanjo said: “The work has started. Some people may be laughing at you and make jest of you, don’t be bothered with that. Listen, permanent voter’s cards (PVCs) are your instruments. If you have not collected yours, go and collect it. If you are not yet registered, go and register. Let us tell them in all urban and rural areas that PVCs are what we will use. They are the key to open the doors.

“Don’t be afraid or be discouraged; they will try to intimidate you individually or collectively. For me, I don’t think there is anyone that can intimidate me. Let me remind you, I have gone through many things. I have been jailed without being given any opportunity of offence. Where is the person that jailed me?”

He said CNM can only achieve its objectives by transforming, and being part of whatever it is as a political party. “I just want to join in assuring you that the philosophy of what we have is CNM, and what it will transform to will not be different.

“We have not had a political party in this country that is grounded in the grassroots. All our political parties are elitist. We have not got a party in this country that has given a pride of place to the youth.

“The youths under 40 years old form more than 65 per cent of our population. Now, who will tell you that because you are under 40 years old, you cannot play a very significant role in the affairs of your country?

“I was Head of State when I was under 40. Now, France has elected a president that is under 40 years old. Botswana has just got a Vice President that is 32 years old. Now, what we are saying is that the youth must be given a pride of place. In all organs of CNM as a movement or a party that it will transform into, 30 per cent will be youths, and 30 per cent will be women. Women form 52 per cent of our population.

“I want to repeat what I have always said and don’t get me wrong; once this movement becomes a political party, I will no longer be a member of that party. But my concerns for Nigeria will not diminish. My struggle for the good of Nigeria progress of Nigeria, unity of Nigeria, development of Nigeria will not diminish. Even now, I get people from other parties, coming to me to seek advice. I don’t belong to them. I don’t have anything to do with them, but I give them advice. So, that situation will continue. I will continue to look for the good of Nigeria wherever I am and whenever.

“The CNM, even when it becomes a political party, or it joins others, it cannot do it alone. There would have to be a grand alliance. But let me assure you of one thing, having got this far, I will not leave you high and dry, and I know God will continue to be with us. But don’t ever think that it will be easy. Men of valour don’t run away from challenges and it is the same thing with women of honour, except lazy men and women. But they said our youths are lazy.

“Recently, I was in the United States and I said our youths have gone through many things on the Sahara, in Libya and Mediterranean, and somebody would say they are lazy; their great great grandfathers would never try to go that far.

“The opportunities and facilities that people like us enjoyed, including those that said it should not be like that, if we give these youths half of what we enjoyed, they will perform miracles. Education is the best gift that a nation can give to its youths. It is the best gift and preparation for life. Are we doing enough of that

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/53083-2019-God-will-remove-Buhari-Obasanjo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by mightyhazell: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
hm
Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
Getting interesting

Less we forget He’s God Of All flesh

He’s most concerned about our deeds on earth

In earthly judgment

Pmb is most credible leader I have seen in my 40 something years of existence on earth in Nigeria

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
mightyhazell:
hm

Even The mighty wailers too are short of words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by chriskosherbal(m): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hmmmm what a message from Baba himself ..

2019 loading .......

7 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by LibertyRep: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
How time flies!

Same OBJ that was dubbed the Navigator by APC in 2015 has now turned the Tormentor in 2018.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by mightyhazell: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
my guy don humble,lol. how bout spinnin a yarn about a hundred snipers or so..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
Baba lalasticlala you don see this kind prayers before ?

Ok make I ask myndd44
Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by mightyhazell: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:

Even The mighty wailers too are short of words
which year u go get sense?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
mightyhazell:
my guy don humble,lol. how bout spinnin a yarn about a hundred snipers or so..

Ohh I don’t know that you are a patriot
Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
mightyhazell:
which year u go get sense?

When I see pictorial evidence that you have one

5 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by Ziggylady(f): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
OBJ is now meowing like a kitten and calling GOD....OBJ you think because buhari is a semi-illiterate he will tolerate your shenanigans like jonathan did..

Well bubu the Supreme Maximo of Fulani-Herdsmen whom you supported is a wicked and extremely vindictive person...sorry is your name now,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
So was God in the picture when your selfish desire was superseding Whatever you sow same shall you also reap.
Meanwhile both OBJ & Buhari should leave Nigeria alone. angry

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Paperwhite:

They are here

Uncle is here

Sai Baba all the way

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by mightyhazell: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:

When I see pictorial evidence that you have one
so till den na mugu sure pass?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by mightyhazell: 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:

Ohh I don’t know that you are a patriot
carry dat ur patriot nonsense go far

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
mightyhazell:
so till den na mugu sure pass?

Just say sai Baba

I swear to God

If God liveth

N Muhammadu Buhari is Alive

He will do second term

2 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
mightyhazell:
carry dat ur patriot nonsense go far

If the mighty wailers can be humbled

How much more online miscreants

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by obi4eze(m): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
Confirmed now

Wailers are actually and truly confused

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by zombieserum(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
that one na sure ,not even the blood of zombies will save the dullard.

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
zombieserum:
that one na sure ,not even the blood of zombies will save the dullard.

Lol

grin angry

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by buhariguy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
Reverse is the case ,
God will punish Nigeria with corruption and mismanagement, if we fail to elect buhari till 2023.
zombieserum:
In 2015 he used the blood of the dogs and baboons .
in 2019 he will use the blood of zombies but will still fail because the rest of Nigerians have made up their minds to vote him out .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
On Obj and Baba's roforofo, I will forever hold my peace.

They will sort themselves out las las.

Sai Baba.

Sai Obj.

Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Paperwhite:
So was God in the picture when your selfish desire was superseding Whatever you sow same shall you also reap.
Meanwhile both OBJ & Buhari should leave Nigeria alone. angry

For Atiku or Fayose ?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by EternalTruths: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
Although I doubt the source but if true, Obasanjo is stupid for calling God whom he did not seek when he was campaigning for Buhari against Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by lovat(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:
Getting interesting

In earthly judgment

Pmb is most credible leader I have seen in my 40 something years of existence on earth in Nigeria

Are you really in your mid 40s

5 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by zombieserum(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:

Lol

grin angry
In 2015 he used the blood of the dogs and baboons .
in 2019 he will use the blood of zombies but will still fail because the rest of Nigerians have made up their minds to vote him out .

3 Likes

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by MrPolitics: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
sarrki:
Getting interesting

In earthly judgment

In what way is PMB credible? Is it the recession he put us in? The millions of jobs being lost yearly. The inflation that is too much to bear? Yeah corruption in his government that he turns a blind eye to (maina, baru, kyari, lawal etc), his infringement on human rights (shites, ipob), his inability to move the country forward etc
I don't think you know what you're saying. PMB is far from credible and the fact that a country where over 60% of its population is under 30 and educated, our president is an illiterate 74 years old herdsman is very sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
lovat:
Are you really in your mid 40s

How does that affects your thinking faculty

1 Like

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by buhariguy(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
EternalTruths:
Although I doubt the source but if true, Obasanjo is stupid for calling God whom he did not seek when he was campaigning for Buhari against Jonathan.
is ineffectual buffoon good?
Buhari was the best and he is still the best.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 10:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
buhariguy:
is ineffectual buffoon good?
Buhari was the best and he is still the best.

You are a nationalist

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sowore To Be Arrainged In Court For Rape / FG, Ogun Partner On Borehole Projects For Rural Communities / PDP Convention And The Prospect For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.