Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

LASTMA Officials Allegedly Detain School Pupils Over Driver’s Traffic Offence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASTMA Officials Allegedly Detain School Pupils Over Driver’s Traffic Offence (335 Views)

Traffic Offence: LASG Arrests 3 Suspects for Extorting Motorists / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics) / Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LASTMA Officials Allegedly Detain School Pupils Over Driver’s Traffic Offence by damiloladuke: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Some pupils of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus School, Isolo, were reportedly detained by officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, after the school bus driver allegedly violated the state traffic law.

Punch Metro learnt that the bus driver had penultimate Wednesday gone to pick up pupils of the school at their houses in the Isolo area of the state.

He had reportedly picked up two pupils in the neighbourhood when he was accosted by two LASTMA officials, who accused him of not using a seat belt.

It was gathered that the steering of the Sienna bus was taken over by one of the LASTMA officials, who drove to the agency’s yard at Isolo.

The pupils were reportedly held for over three hours and were released after their parents went for them.

The vehicle was allegedly released to the school proprietor after an undertaking was signed.

A parent, Mr Ikem Okuhu, whose kids were in the vehicle at the time, said the encounter traumatised his children.

In a petition to the Lagos State Ministry of Transport, Okuhu said his children were released after his wife visited the LASTMA yard, adding that the officials insulted the woman and asked her to go to court if she felt her children were ill-treated.

Okuhu’s lawyer, Nnamdi Nwonyishi, who wrote the petition, dated June 6, 2018, copied the General Manager of LASTMA and the Officer-in-Charge of LASTMA, Isolo.

The lawyer demanded that the officials be disciplined, in addition to an apology and payment of N5m for general damages.

Nwonyishi threatened that if the demands of N5m, an apology and sanction for the officers were not met, the case would be taken to court.

The Public Affairs Officer of LASTMA, Mahmud Hassan, said although he doubted that a school bus was involved in the incident, the agency would investigate the allegations.

https://lailasnews.com/lastma-officials-allegedly-detain-school-pupils-over-drivers-traffic-offence/

lalasticlala

Re: LASTMA Officials Allegedly Detain School Pupils Over Driver’s Traffic Offence by MrMicholo(m): 8:21am On Jun 19, 2018
I love the dedication and the just way without fear or favour this LASTMA peeps do carry out their job.
I remember i was stopped last month by one of their boys for violating a traffic rule... I sincerely apologized and showed him my I.d which portrayed my rank as a 2nd lieutenant in the Army, cuz I was not in uniform.
Dude didn't even bulge, he insisted I follow him to their 'station' which I did.
Coincidentally, his S.I.O knew my Commanding officer so he let me go with a message to send to my C.O.
They should keep up the discipline.

(1) (Reply)

Bring That Riffle! ! Man Caught Impersonating The Nigerian Army / Plateau Attack:girl Breaks Down In Tears As Her Father Was Killed In Her Absent / Nigerian Military Fails To Locate B’haram Troops And Gun Trucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.