Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

The Sickle Cell Saga - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sickle Cell Saga (308 Views)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka / A Mini-prose For Sickle Cell Awareness: Comfort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sickle Cell Saga by Gerald620: 9:56am On Jun 19, 2018
About last year I met her at a wedding reception, she was all looking gorgeous. The kind of woman I've always dreamt to hang out with and possibly settle down with. we exchanged pleasantries, mobile contacts and talked for a while. We started getting along, fond of each other and finally, I declared my intention ; "Baby, I want to settle down and I think I've found my missing rib. Will you marry me?" "yes!" She said after getting confused or surprised (only God knows..) over what to say.

Long story cut short..

We got married and lived happily.
After 2 years of our marriage, she became pregnant and was later delivered of a twins - a boy and a girl.
For some time, the children didn't look healthy, looking malnourished. We visited the hospital and tell doctor confirmed they were carriers of sickening cell. I became on confused because prior to our wedding I told her I was AS and she assured me she was AA. She I became confident and married her.
When I got I sat down and thought deeply what could have led to this.
The next day I visited another hospital and I got the same result.
This is getting on my nerves and it seeming unbearable.
Then, I decided to confront my darling wife on a faithful Friday evening...
After series of threats and shouting, she later revealed the truth to me. She told me she was not an AA, she was was an AX. She lied to me because she was madly in love with me and could not afford not to marry me. That's where the whole problem began. She cried her eyes out and begged me frantically...

Right now I'm very confused. The person I intend to spend my whole life with lied to me just to have me.

Brothers and sisters in the house, what's your suggestion regarding the saga?

(1) (Reply)

Quick And Accessible / An Interview With Nur-d-din Busari, CEO, AMAB Books / ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.