Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life (23313 Views)

5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2018
Nobody owes you anything, it is up to you to fight for yourself in life. Depending on people all the time would eventually make you to be seen as a pest. Self-dependent people are respected people in the society. Not only that, being self-dependent is an important factor that helps to make a relationship stronger. In fact, self-dependent people live happily and survive in any society they find themselves compared to those that depend on others for a living.

However, some people find it difficult to live alone without their parents, spouse, family, friends. In this case, it is not only based on financial dependency alone, decision making is not excluded. There are several challenges that are faced by those that are dependent. The major challenge is that they have no full control of their life.

You will agree with me that taking full control of your life is as a result of you become a self-dependent. It doesn’t only give you total control of your life but also make you become a happier person in the society. I will explain 5 ways on how you can become self-dependent. In a relationship, you don’t need to depend fully on your partner for a living. In fact, it is not reasonable to keep requesting for money, what-to-do, help from your partner every time you are in need of it. You just need to read this and practice it for you to become self-dependent within some months.

The following are ways to become self-dependent.

1. Acquire a high paying skill

The first way to become self-dependent is to acquire high paying skill. With no doubt, it is difficult to see someone with high paying skills to be dependent on somebody else. However, for you to be able to become self-dependent; you need to get yourself a job. If you find it difficult to buy something on your own, it simply means you are financially dependent. Nevertheless, you need to work on yourself by learning skills that pay you high. Truth be told, you need to further your education or better still learn skills that are lucrative. If you don’t, there is no how you won’t be relying on your parents, partners, friends for money.

This is one of the best place to learn a skill in Nigeria that would shape your life forever.

Leave Your Comfort Zone

You need to leave your comfort zone if you want to become self-dependent. There are some people that are still leaving with their parent, they fully depend on them for a living. You need to struggle with others in the labour market by leaving your comfort zone. This is another way to be self-dependent.

Meet people of like minds

The people you meet with can also determine either you will be self-dependent or not. However, for you to be self-dependent you need to surround yourself with people that motivate you. In fact, for you to become self-dependent you need motivation from serious-minded people. The type of friends you are moving with can also influence your lifestyle. Take for instance, if your friends keep giving you all that you need without teaching you how to become self-dependent. Hence, you need to meet with friends that motivate you to be independent.

Learn every day and be informative

Truth be told, if you get the rightful information it will be difficult for you to be dependent on other people. Information is known to be powerful. However, information equipped you with the ability to make to decide on your own and also exercise your self-dependent. Always endeavour to get the information and be updated on what is new.

Make decisions yourself

Another way to make yourself to be independent is to learn how to make a decision by yourself. Take a bold step to decide on what you want and try to solve any problem on your own without any assistant. There are times that you will need assistance but don’t let that stop your decision making.

To become self-dependent in life is a choice. Unless you want to continue begging for crumbs from people who have established themselves, you have to take charge of your life now!

Source: http://topwritersden.com/5-ways-to-become-self-dependent-in-life/

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2018
How do you become self-dependent?

Getting a skill is one of the surest ways...

You can visit here to see where you can learn major skills for a small amount

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Pabloosas(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice

But this OP is too stingy o...

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by dotun4luv(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
OK, here is how to hack dream league soccer i n case sha.

https://www.gadgetswright.com/dream-league-soccer

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
You carry foreign affairs come dey give Nigerians with bad leadership.Kolewerk.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by nicholartsdesign: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
u
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
Fucck outta here. with dah bullshit
undecided
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by HARDDON: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
undecided
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by pointstores(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by AKzee(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice piece. Self development is the key. Even if you are working in a private firm don't feel as if you have arrived Nooo... You must update yourself in order to be available for any challenge. Buhari has told us to invest in Agriculture. grin cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Drey411: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
I got determined not to go back home after service year except on visit.
Tho Im not totally self dependent in terms of living my best life, I like to think I'm on my way there, I started an importation business and online training /mentorship when I was serving in calabar and it has been sustaining me up till date.
I'm looking to expand and I'm looking for like minds

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by lilyheaven: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
Be contented with what you have,.
Don't do longer throat.
Don't compare yourself with others.
Work for more money.
Don't be lazy.
Stop complaining.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Seanjay(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
nice learning something new everyday....
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by chinavs9ja(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice and informative
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Kaybaba5(m): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
Build yourself and stop depending on your parents
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
Reposting from EasyKobo.com:

Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett, is an exceptional role model if one wants to imitate the classic value investing style. During the early years of his great investing career Buffet said "I'm 85% Benjamin Graham." Graham is deemed as the godfather of value investing who initiated the concept of intrinsic value – the underlying fair value of a stock based on its future earnings power.

Nonetheless, Buffett’s investment approach is more qualitative and intensive as compared to Graham. He prefers potent businesses which have fair valuations and posses the potential for large growth whereas Graham favored undervalued, mediocre firms and would then expand his holdings among them.

Buffett's Investing Style

Buffett's formulas interestingly look fairly simple and cliché but can be difficult to execute. Buffett basically uses twelve investing tenets to make his decisions. These are grouped in the areas of business, management, financial measures and value. For example, one principle questions if management is candid with shareholders. Conversely, there is Economic Added Value ( EVA) [ EVA is a laundry list of adjustments ]which is a fascinating example of the reverse scenario; concepts that appear complicated but are easily executable.

"The Buffett Way" is a conventional method of investing that is also flexible; resulting in its its phenomenal success. Day traders may need firm discipline and adherence to a formula, but it can be argued that successful investors have to be willing to adapt their conceptual models to current environments.

Business Tenets

Buffett strongly believes that an inherent understanding of the operating business is essential to have a viable forecast of the future performance which is why he firmly limits himself to his “circle of competence” - businesses which he can comprehend and analyze. For example, when the tech bubble burst in the early 2000s, Buffet did not suffer great losses as he wasn't heavily invested in dot-com stocks. The main goal of his business tenets is to produce a robust projection. Primarily, analyze the business, not the market or the economy or investor sentiment. Next, search for a steady operating history. Finally, utilize that data to establish whether the business has beneficial long-term prospects.

Management Tenets

Evaluation of management quality is perhaps the most difficult analytical task but is extremely important. Here are his three management tenets:

- If the management is rational: It is important that the management of the company sagely reinvests the earnings and returns the profits to the shareholders as dividends; and doesn't focus on retaining profits to build their empire and seek scale.

- Management’s honesty with its shareholders.

- Lastly, if the management refrains from mindlessly duplicating the schemes and strategies of their peers/ competitors.It is key that you draw a fine line between parameters , like between lemming like imitation of competitor strategy and circumvent a company that is first to market.

Financial Tenets

“Buffettology” pivots on return on equity (ROE) instead of earnings per share. Many investors might argue that ROE is theoretically subservient to return on assets( ROA) or return on capital employed (ROCE) as ROE can be contorted by leverage ( a debt-to-equity ratio). [ ROA= earnings produced for all capital providers/ Equity contributed to the business ]. However, Buffett favours low-leverage firms and appraises leverage separately. He also seeks high profit margins.

His final two financial principals share theoretical fundamentals with EVA. First, Buffett analyzes "owner's earnings," which is essentially cash flow accessible to shareholders. Buffett elucidates it as net income plus depreciation, depletion, amortization and other non-cash charges minus capital expenditures (CAPX) minus additional working capital (W/C) needs. This equation is similar to EVA before you subtract the shareholders equity charge. So, basically with owners' earnings, Buffett analyzes a company's ability to generate cash for shareholders.

Buffett also has a "one-dollar premise," which essentially means that every dollar of retained earnings must generate one dollar of market value.

Value Tenets

Ben Graham once said “ price is what you pay, value is what you get”. Hence this principle of Buffet analyzes the intrinsic value of the company. Buffett strongly recommends to ignore the short-term market volatility and focus on long-term returns

A truly exceptional business ought to have an enduring "moat" that safeguards brilliant returns on invested capital .“Moat”is a buisness’ ability to retain competitive advantage in order to maintain its long term profits and market share from its competing firms. Any business "castle" which is earning high returns will be consistently punched by its competitors . Therefore an intimidating barrier such as a company's being the low cost producer (GEICO, Costco) or having a powerful world-wide brand (Coca-Cola, Gillette, American Express) is vital for prolonged success. Business history is filled with "Roman Candles," companies whose moats proved delusive and were soon crossed. A moat that needs to be consistently rebuilt will eventually be no moat at all.

Companies prone to swift and continuous change are ruled out from his “enduring” criteria.Though capitalism's "creative destruction" is extremely favorable for society, investment certainty is prevented .Buffett discounts the projected earnings at the risk-free rate, claiming that the "margin of safety" in carefully applying his other principles presupposes the minimization, if not the virtual elimination, of risk.

The Bottom Line

In essence, Buffett's principles, a foundation in value investing, is also adaptable to the changing times. But in recent times stable operating histories are difficult to find, and intangibles play a bigger role in the firm’s value thus making the analysis of a business quite challenging.

Buffett encourages small investors to buy a low-cost S&P 500 index fund instead of individual stocks. However, if one wants to buy individual stocks, follow “The Buffet way” and you will be on track to earn solid returns on your portfolio.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by nehapatel: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thank you so much for this great article. I think it will help to live in this society nowadays. It is motivating and inspiring one. By Building contractors Kerala
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by daddio(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ubijus1:
See how I became independent below.

I joined Wakanda Income Program for free!

Don't just waste time and data online, Get paid to read News online in Nigeria.

Click here to Register for free

FREE!!!

WHAT ABOUT THE #1,300 YOU ARE TO PAY?
ABI ADMIN DON PAY AM?
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Drey411:
Tho Im not totally self dependent in terms of living my best life, I like to think I'm on my way there, I started an importation business and online training /mentorship when I was serving in calabar and it has been sustaining me up till date.
bro, I'm interested.. chat me up 07069021356
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by oceanized25(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
Drey411:
bro hit me up,lets talk.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by luminous460(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
]

[b]The following are ways to become self-dependent.[
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by petsolo15(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
Drey411:
hit me up.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
so you think its easy to get a job in this economy, when employment is very scarce, if you think its easy then why don't you go and try getting job and see,:and if you are one of the lucky ones who got a job before the economy became what it is today then try resigning your current job and try getting
a better job.
People like you think you know everything when you actually don't know d!ck! All you know how to do is talk.

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
Seanjay:
nice learning something new everyday....

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
mhd5757:
so you think its easy to get a job in this economy, when employment is very scarce, if you think its easy then why don't you go and try getting job and see,:and if you are one of the lucky ones who got a job before the economy became what it is today then try resigning your current job and try getting
a better job.
People like you think you know everything when you actually don't know d!ck! All you know how to do is talk.

I change jobs every 6 months.

As long as you know what you want and what employers are looking for, you will always have jobs. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
chinavs9ja:
Nice and informative

Thank you.
Re: 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life by abinchrist(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
I want to train 35 Nigerians on Mini importation business. Click on this link or copy and paste on your browser and join free; /importationbiz

Link is /importationbiz

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn Customer Care Direct With This Short Code / Minimum Wage Reclassification: NLC Protests In Pictures / Bakery Equipment - Where Can I Buy This In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.