Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti (21157 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Ize-Iyamu Dumps PDP, Joins APC, Gives Reasons / Ekiti House Of Assembly Impeaches Speaker And Deputy, Hon Alagbada Now Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Abiboss: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
The Deputy Leader of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon Adeniran Alagbada, has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and pitched his political tent with the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Alagbada, representing Ise/Orun constituency, renounced his membership of the PDP in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday, saying he decided to dump the PDP based on some lapses noticed in the party.

Briefing newsmen in Ado-Ekiti on his decision, he said, “I have consulted my leaders and the good people of my constituency in Ise Orun Local Government that elected me as honourable member of Ekiti State House of Assembly before this press conference on my decision and they approved of it”.

On how Hon Gboyega Aribisogan was suspended indefinitely for defecting to the APC, Alagbada said he had no reason to fret over such action, stressing that he has the fundamental rights of freedom of association as enshrined in the constitution.

He added: “I have also obtained their full consent before this historic declaration. I’m aware and it is an historical fact that during the 2014 PDP primary, Governor Ayo Fayose promised my constituency, Ise Orun, the governorship after his tenure.

“We were therefore very hopeful when two of our illustrious sons, Prince Dayo Adeyeye and Barrister Owoseeni Ajayi came out to show interests to contest for the PDP gubernatorial candidate.

“My constituency was therefore shocked and surprised when none of the two aspirants from my constituency was found worthy of support by the governor.

“Not only did he disdain them but worked ruthlessly to ensure their manipulation out as candidate of the PDP in preference for the Deputy Governor, Prof Kokapo Olusola Eleka who was nowhere when we risked everything to ensure the victory of the governor both at the primary and general election.

“Prince Dayo Adeyeye and Barrister Owoseeni Ajayi have since left in protest to join the APC. My constituency too who elected me into the House of Assembly are also aggrieved and have directed me to follow suit with my leaders.

“Consequently, in accordance with the directive of the good people of Ise/Orun constituency of Ekiti state House of Assembly, I hereby resign as the Deputy Majority Leader of Ekiti State House of Assembly and my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party due to irreconcilable breaking into factions of the PDP in Ekiti state following the rancorous gubernatorial primary.

“I also use this opportunity to announce my defection to the All Progressives Congress forthwith,” he concluded.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/19/ekiti-guber-house-deputy-leader-dumps-pdp-joins-apc/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by TMemos: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
Politicians!

They usually know when to abandon a sinking ship.

If your friend is a politician don't think you have a reliable friend in times of trouble

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by faladeSM1132(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
if PDP win the coming election sorry will be your case

2 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by fistonati(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Olosho politithievesians
All made in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by CilicMarin: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Fayose is gone! Biafra is waiting for him.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by ksmile85(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
I can't wait to see what's going to happen in ekiti come July 14.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Imustreturn(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
E go clear u for eye
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by bedspread: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
July 14 no far Again!!!
We will know those who will be Retired for the Next 4Years

2 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by pol23: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
I can't wait for Ekiti Election..
I was in Ekiti during the 2014 Election,The movie was crazier,then Fayemi was the incumbent,Tinubu almost die there...But the voice of the masses Triumph.
Just want to see all this APC ass licker in shame.
Ekiti is the next World Cup .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by muykem: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
End of PDP. Fayose will follow after governorship election.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by bla4(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
Change is coming back to ekiti no doubt about that.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by MrLouisVanGaal1: 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
lobatan
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Olulinks(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
I had a dream some days ago that Fayose was handcuffed. I hope he's not going down. .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by akilo1: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
cold will catch fayose right now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by teckmore(m): 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by FancyLocust: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lol...
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by ZeeBaba17(m): 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Politicians! that's their usual way of life. jumping from one party to another with no political ideology.... SMH

1 Like

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by xjiggy: 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Wetin concern us. Na their way. Even Atiku don switch party sotey I no even know which party im dey as at this very moment

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by adioolayi(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Political forces aligning.. let's go

2 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by chrischukszy01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
Strategies of PDP! He left so as to go and spy on APC... Nice move Mr Oga

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Saheed9: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
Interesting, guess this pdp candidate is unpopular

1 Like

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by onatisi(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
The plot against fayose is getting thicker and thicker ,if care isn't taking pdp will lose ekiti state

7 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by soso101: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nigerian politicians are not vying for a position to serve the people, wealth creation is the only reason they are contesting.
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Luukasz(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
pol23:
I can't wait for Ekiti Election..
I was in Ekiti during the 2014 Election,The movie was crazier,then Fayemi was the incumbent,Tinubu almost die there...But the voice of the masses Triumph.
Just want to see all this APC ass licker in shame.
Ekiti is the next World Cup .
Dude don't be deceived ask any inhabitant of Ekiti they will tell you Fayose rigged the last election. Fayemi was the clear favorite/winner of the election but thanks to GEJ and federal might, they cancelled out Fayemi illegitimately.
Or have you forgotten the army guy who worked with Fayose, same thing will happen again. Federal might will favour Fayemi and the people of ekiti also want Fayemi simply because Fayose has acheived nothing so far.
All he does is go about eating by roadsides canteen, thinking the people of Ekiti kete are fools and dumb. No they are not, mark my word Fayemi is the next Gov of Ekiti.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by maestroferddi: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
More like he was not given the chance to return to the state House of Assembly...
Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by pahen1991: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
what happened to gej is now happening to fayose.

8 Likes

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by wonuks(m): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Porting is allowed.

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? No advanced payments required. Check my signature. Only serious people please*

1 Like

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by aguiyi2: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
Fayose,how market?.You will be taught a lesson in treachery soon.The storm is coming and all those urging you ON will run *fe* cover.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by IamPatriotic(m): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
Anybody can join anythingnow, it may noy utter anything on July, 14th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeniran Alagbada Dumps PDP, Joins APC In Ekiti by Judolisco(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
Which way 9ja cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media / Police Arrest 3 For Attacking Fulani Herdsmen, Shooting Cows In Oyo / Fuel Price Increase: We Will Shutdown Nigeria, NLC Warns In New Year Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.